Jump to content
    JMH
  • Author
  • 6,348 Words
  • 1,646 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Wedding Ring - 5. Chapter 5

From the first day that Darren was brought to their home she could tell something was different between him and her brother. Jacob had been acting differently for the past two weeks... ever since he had gone to the hospital to tell Darren the truth about Will. Tara had expected Jacob to come home depressed and needing her to cheer him up. Instead he came home almost giddy, giving her a kiss before running to the bedroom, closing the door. Tara tried to follow after him but was even more surprised to find the door locked. Jacob had never locked his door to her before. She first tried knocking gently but when she didn't get a response she began banging with her fists. This got Jacob to open his door a crack, enough for him to stick his head out.

"Shhhhh!" I'm on the phone." He complained. Before darting his head back in and closing the door.

Tara tried to open the door again but it was still locked. Giving up on the direct approach, Tara waited outside his door, waiting for him to use the bathroom. It was about midnight when Jacob finally came out in his blue bathrobe and a satisfied grin on his face.

"Well?" Tara asked.

"Well what." Jacob said as he opened the bathroom door.

"Who were you talking to?"

"I'm not going to tell you." Jacob smiled evilly as he closed the door.

Tara was tempted to try to confront Jacob in the shower but that would have just embarrassed both of them. Instead she decided to take the opportunity to rummage through her brother's room for clues. The first thing she went for was the cell phone. Tara hoped to be able to redial the number and find out whom Jacob had been talking to. She tried looking at the charger but it wasn't there. She checked the desk, the dresser, the nightstand, and even under the bed. It was on a last ditch effort that she checked under the pillows of Jacob's bed. She reached under them and came into contact with what felt like Jacob's cell phone but there was something wet and sticky clinging to it.

Tara took the phone out with a slow apprehension only to find it coated with a white cloudy fluid that had the familiar smell of sex on it. Suddenly realizing what was covering the phone, Tara dropped it back on the bed and moved a few steps back. The idea that her hands had touched her brother's cum surprised and disgusted her. She was almost sure that this could be construed as incest. But after she had a moment to think about it, she made a guess at what her brother had been doing behind closed doors.

"Phone sex!" She hissed in disbelief. She knew her brother was lonely but she never thought he would stoop so low. She kept a distance from the phone until curiosity got the better of her and she picked the phone up.

Trying her best to avoid the cum stains, Tara opened the leather case and pushed the "ON" button. The phone turned on just long enough to show "low battery" before shutting off again. "Damn it." Tara said disappointed.

It was just at that moment that Jacob came back from his shower. "Uhmmm sis... what are you doing?"

"Jacob!" Tara squeaked. Dropping the phone again.

"What were you doing with my phone?"

"Well... I... I saw it missing from its charger and went looking for it." Tara lied.

"Yeah right.... Can I have it back?"

Tara cringed on having to pick the phone back up and she knew Jacob was enjoying it. It was his revenge against his sister for snooping on him. Tara carried the phone by its antenna and handed it off to Jacob's waiting hand.

Jacob brought the phone up to his lips as if he were deep in thought, leaving a strand of cum on his face. He then turned his anger against his sister. "I don't want you to ever snoop in my things again." He said while shaking the phone, hitting his sister in the face with cum.

This almost triggered Tara to flee in disgust and embarrassment but she had to tell him what was bugging her. "I will if you promise not to call anymore sex lines." She huffed as she quickly walked past him and right to the bathroom.

Jacob waited until he had closed his door before letting himself chuckle quietly. Some times his sister's leaps of logic could be so off base.

When Darren arrived though Tara was amazed by how Darren and Jacob looked at each other, amazed and a little jealous. Darren was now giving Jacob looks that Tara had thought were reserved for her. It was not like Darren had become cold to her but it was as if there had been a reversal. She was now the friend and Jacob... well she couldn't even imagine it. She knew that Jacob had a crush on Darren but the idea that Darren felt the same way was beyond her grasp. The only thing she could come up with was that during the time Jacob had spent with Darren in the hospital had brought the two of them closer. She just didn't know how close.

Jacob wheeled Darren into their apartment and began to give him the grand tour. Tara was left in their wake holding the door open. Jacob took Darren to the bedroom first where there were now two beds. He then showed Darren the bathroom where they had railing installed. After that he took him to the den where he had set up Darren's computer and desk for him. Darren thanked him with a quick kiss on the cheek before Jacob wheeled him over to the breakfast table for lunch. Tara joined them but felt left out as Jacob spent most of his attention on Darren

When lunch was over Darren thanked the two of them. He then made a request that he knew both Tara and Jacob would be uncomfortable with. "Can I see Will?" he said with pleading eyes.

Tara swallowed hard while Jacob looked at the floor. Both of them had gone to see Will and both of them felt it would break Darren's heart to see him. They had hoped to get Darren well on the way to recovery before taking him to see Will but now that Darren was pressing the issue, neither of them knew what to do.

"Are you sure you're not tired?" Tara finally asked.

"Not really... I've been in that bed for several weeks now so I think I can handle the trip." Darren wanted one of them to take him but he was willing to call a taxi if that's what it took.

"I'll take you." Jacob said as he excused himself from the table, scratching his scar, and unable to look Darren in the eye.

"Thanks Jacob." Darren said solemnly.

Jacob went to the bathroom and searched through Darren's medication, picking out his painkillers. He slipped two of them in his pocket before heading back to the dining room. "All ready to go... sure you don't need to go to the bathroom?"

"No... I'm fine... thanks. Darren replied.

Jacob gave his sister a kiss goodbye and wheeled Darren to the van they had rented that had a wheel chair lift on it. Once Darren was in the van and secure Jacob took the driver seat and drove to the hospital. No one talked. During the drive Jacob debated if he should give Darren a detailed description of Will injuries. He was unsure if it would help lessen the shock or just increase Darren's fear and anxiety. In the end he decided to take Darren's lead and remain silent.

Will was still in the ICU but Jacob being a doctor got both of them to see him. At the main desk Jacob asked for a cup of water. He then went back to Darren, handed him the water and the two painkillers he had brought with him. "I forgot to give you your meds." Jacob explained.

Darren, thinking nothing of it took the pills with one swallow. Jacob then tried to waste a good five minutes and a couple yawns from Darren before being sure it was safe to bring him in.

From his seated position in the wheel chair, Darren couldn't see very much. Jacob though could and the sight stopped him at the foot of the bed. The swelling was not as bad as it had been the first time Jacob had visited but Will's face was still a mass of bruises. What was disturbing was that Will's nose had been smashed completely. While Will had been in a coma the doctors had been too busy keeping him alive to consider reconstructive surgery. Now that he was awake, there were plans but the doctors first wanted to see how far Will would recover mentally. Another sight that was disturbing was the sixty stitches used to help rescue Will's left ear. Even if the cuts healed it would still look mangled. Where Darren's legs had been crushed, Will left arm had experienced the same.

Sensing that Jacob was not going to wheel him forward, Darren pushed himself over to the side of the bed so he too could get a good look at Will. Darren noticed all the things Jacob did but what unsettled him were the straps holding Will down. Through the tears in his eyes Darren looked for the buckles so he could untie Will. Jacob at first didn't know what Darren was about until he heard the sound of clicking metal and saw the loosening of a belt.

"What are you doing Darren!" Jacob said in panic.

"I'm untying him. He shouldn't be strapped down like an animal.

"Darren! They had to. He's doesn't have control over his body."

"I don't care." Darren wept. "He wouldn't want this."

Jacob went and took hold of Darren's wheelchair. Darren responded by grabbing at one of the straps. "Darren let go of the bed." Jacob hissed.

"No." Darren pouted.

"Darren let go of the bed or you'll hurt Will when I push you away from him."

"..." Darren held on for a few more seconds but eventually let his arm come back to his side.

Jacob wheeled Darren over to the foot of the bed and let him cry there... hoping the pain medication would take effect and calm him down. It eventually did as Darren's crying turned into a soft whimper before Darren finally fell asleep.

Now sure Darren could not make a scene, Jacob took him out of the hospital and back home. Jacob didn't even have a chance to unlock the door his sister had been waiting so anxiously. She opened the door the moment she heard movement by the door. She looked sadly at her brother and her sleeping ex fiancé.

"Rough trip." She asked concerned.

"Yes... I should of told Darren about the restraints... that seemed to of upset him more then anything else. He tried to take them off when he saw them."

"You didn't let him did you?"

"As soon as I realized what he was up to I stopped him. Luckily none of the hospital staff noticed."

"Well I guess it could have been worse." Tara sighed.

"Yeah... I could have lost my hospital privileges."

"Are you angry?"

"No... I just knew that this was going to be a bad idea especially on the first day. We should have put our foot down and not let Darren go."

"That would have been something new for you. You never put your foot down on anything."

"Well that's because you're an exception sis. I have to live with you so it would be hard for us to get into a fight."

"Because you know I'll win." Tara said a little smugly.

"No, I just know that winning is more trouble then losing." Jacob smirked back.

"Well..." Tara replied not sure how to take that remark. We better get sleeping beauty back to bed. Need help?"

"No... I think I can handle him on my own but thanks anyway."

"All right but don't have too much fun." Tara said innocently. She was still oblivious to the change in relationship between her brother and Darren.

"Don't worry sis I won't." Jacob chuckled nervously as he maneuvered Darren toward the bedroom.

Once in the bedroom, Jacob moved the wheelchair to the lower left side of the bed. He lifted up Darren's cast covered legs so they rested on the bed. Then, he moved the chair so it was pressed against the bed. He locked the wheels into position before putting his arms under Darren's and lifting him up. Finally, he pivoted the rest of Darren over to the bed. A little winded from all the work, Jacob rested on the other side of the bed letting his fingers play with Darren's wavy hair.

"What I do for love..." Jacob sighed as he watched Darren sleep peacefully. Feeling sleep come to himself as well, Jacob went and locked his door and turn off the lights before returning to his own bed. He rested on his side looking at the dark lump that was Darren. He wanted to sleep with Darren he just didn't know how Darren would react to waking up next to him. Jacob turned over, hoping that not looking at Darren would help but it didn't. After a good 30 minutes of tossing around Jacob gave up, picked up him pillow, and camped himself next to Darren.

"It's your own fault you know." Jacob scolded his sleeping amour. "If you had not MADE me fall in love with you I would have been happy sleeping in my own bed. So if you are going to have any problems with me sleeping with you, you better stop me now."

Jacob looked at Darren half afraid he would pick that moment to wake. But all that came from Darren was a soft snoring sound that almost caused Jacob to jump out of bed. "We're going to have to do something about that you know." Jacob said after he calmed down and began to get comfortable. "I have a friend who does rhinoplasty to stop snoring."

Jacob at first thought that would be a good idea but then he began to find the sound pleasing. It was a distinctive sound and was not so loud that it would have disrupted Jacob's own sleep. By the time he lost consciousness Jacob was half way to loving the sound as hearing it meant Darren was near him.

Darren awoke slowly and it was some time before he found he had the energy to open his eyes. It was then that he noticed that someone was sleeping next to him, He had been so out of it that the presence of warmth by his side had not alerted him to the fact. He didn't need the lights to be turned on to know that the person had to be Jacob. At first he didn't know if he should be happy or mad that Jacob had joined him in bed. Darren then began to feel guilty over even feeling angry. Jacob had been great... a real friend and all Darren had offered him was his own friendship and a secret romance. It was the hiding that was bothering Darren. At first he had been afraid that Tara would find out but as time passed Darren had become more afraid that Will would. Darren loved Will but even after he caught Will and Jacob together in bed, the idea of sleeping with him had never felt comfortable. It was amazing considering how long Darren had known Will but it was easier for him to be himself with Jacob. There was less fear of disappointing. It was funny and sad that by being so close to Will, Darren had felt trapped as a straight man. No... that had not been it. Darren had feared that things would change. The thought brought back a lesson he had learned in biology... a living system that reaches equilibrium is dead. With Will, Darren had not wanted anything to change... the possibility that anything new could happen between them was in a dead state. Both he and Will had feared change. When Jacob came along... with Jacob it was as if he had just been given a sugar boost...causing a series of chemical reactions and disequilibria. Jacob was bringing change to his life... the largest change he had since going off to college. Darren was now saw him being a college professor as just another of his attempts not to face change. He should have gone into the private research industry. He would have made more money. It also would have meant that he would of moved away from Will.

Darren turned his body so he could look at Jacob. The man had an almost child like innocence on his sleeping face. Darren knew that all Jacob wanted was Darren's love and acceptance. Jacob always had Darren's acceptance... he was now gaining his love. Darren took his left hand and brushed Jacob's cheek with it, watching as Jacob smiled to the touch. Darren then lifted Jacob's head off his pillow and placed it on his chest. This woke Jacob up but he didn't resist. He just looked up toward Darren and gave him a wide smile.

"Sorry for being a jerk back at the hospital." Darren apologized.

"Hey... you were upset. It's understandable." Jacob replied.

"I'm also sorry for keeping you a secret. I'm ready to tell Tara about us."

"Well that might be good for you but I'm not ready. You just broke up with her. If we go and tell her we're an item she's most likely to explode."

"You have a point there." Darren agreed. "I just don't like this sneaking around."

"I do... it makes sex more fun. But you're right, we'll have to tell everyone eventually."

"How about we tell them by the time I get these casts off."

"Uhmmm, how about when you are able to walk again on your own." Jacob said knowing that he would most likely have to run away from Tara when she learned the truth.

"Well how long is that going to take?"

"I'll know when we reach that point." Jacob replied. This way he could control when Darren released their secret.

"All right." Darren answered, still unsure.

"Hey, who knows my sister better then anyone. Trust me, I'll know when it is safe to tell her."

"I guess you know best then." Darren chuckled.

"Darn right I do. Just be sure to remember that the next time we have a argument."

"I didn't know we were having an argument."

"We did and we passed through it with flying colors. All that's left to do is to kiss and make up."

"Ahhhh..." Darren replied knowingly. "I thought this was leading to something."

Jacob just nodded his head happily as he began to teach Darren his style of making up.

An hour and a couple of blow jobs later Jacob got Darren back into his wheel chair and moved him into the living room so Darren could use the computer and answer his email. He then went into the kitchen, took out the chicken breasts he had let thaw in the refrigerator and began cooking them in garlic and olive oil for dinner.

When Darren was done with the computer he wheeled himself to the kitchen and asked if there was anything he could do to help. Seeing that Darren was too short to reach the counter from his wheelchair, so Jacob set up the cutting board on the breakfast table and had Darren prepare some vegetables for a salad. Darren was just finishing the olives when Tara walked in. She watched as the two men worked together. They seemed to be such a team, working together and talking. Both men were such a good influence on each other she sometimes wished that they were a couple. She knew Jacob loved Darren. She just didn't know that Darren felt the same.

Darren and Jacob must have been too busy working and talking to each other that they didn't notice Tara walking in. It was right after Jacob had handed Darren the salad dressing that Tara saw Darren pull Jacob down by his shirt and draw him into a kiss. She gasped so loudly that both men stopped what they were doing and stared at her, Darren with surprise, Jacob with fear. Tara, not knowing what to say and feeling tears coming on, walked quickly to her bedroom and closed the door.

Jacob, at first wanted to follow after her but Darren stopped him. As Tara ex-fiancé he felt he had the most explaining to do. There was nothing for Jacob to feel guilty about in Darren's mind but Darren felt he did.

Darren wheeled himself over to Tara's room where he could here some soft sobs from behind the door. He knocked lightly before opening the door were he saw the room was in darkness but he could still see Tara laying on the bed from the hallway light.

"Tara, can I come in?" Darren asked.

Tara responded with a light whimper that Darren took as a yes.

"I'm sorry Tara... we shouldn't of hid this from you."

"How long...?" Tara was able to whisper.

"How long... soon after you and I started dating." Darren replied.

"I thought you were straight."

"So did I... until I met your brother. He brought out a side of me I never knew existed. Don't blame you're brother though. I was the one that let things heat up between us."

"He loves you ... you know."

"Yes... and I love him as well."

"Just promise me you won't treat him like you treated me." Tara said.

" I won't Tara. I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you. You deserved more."

"We both did." Tara said remember her brother's words. I just hope that Jacob will be enough is all. I know you're enough for him. He can be quite a handful at times."

"Well sometimes I think I'm quite a handful as well." Darren chuckled.

"You are and that's a good thing. Jacob always wanted a tall man to love him." Tara said about the 8 inches in height difference.

"He is a bit of a size queen... isn't he?" Darren agreed.

"Has he shown you his collection of dildos?" Tara laughed.

"Not yet." Darren said curious.

"Well when he does show you them, just remember that I bought half of them."

"You did! You've not been using them yourself now?" Darren said surprised.

"Hell no! I'm just a big fag hag. Back in college I was the one buying my brother porn when he was too scared to do it himself.

"So are we still friends?" Darren asked after both of them had a good laugh.

"Sure... I guess we have to be... you're dating my brother after all. Just promise me you won't steal him completely from me."

"I don't think that's even possible." Darren disagreed. "He loves you too much."

"I guess so." Tara agreed but was not sure herself. Her brother had never been in love like this before.

"Can I come in now?" Jacob asked nervously from the door.

"Sure you can bro." Tara said reassuringly.

Jacob walked slowly to his sister before wrapping his arms around her. "Sorry I stole you're man from you."

"I thought Will had done that." Tara said confused while Darren cleared his throat. He had not told Tara that they had been fooling around now for over two months.

"Well..." Jacob tried to recover. "I guess I stole him from Will then."

This caused Darren's mood to go flat. Jacob had in a fashion taken Darren away from Will but only because Darren had let him. Jacob saw the sad face on Darren's face and let go of his sister so that he could give Darren a kiss.

"It's all right... Will is going to be fine."

"Can I see him tomorrow?" Darren asked.

"I... I think we should wait until both of you are better." Tara said, coming to her brother's rescue.

"How long will that be?" Darren asked.

"Darren... do you love me?" Jacob asked seriously.

"Yes." Darren replied, looking into Jacob's eyes.

"Then you're going to have to trust me and wait until I think you are ready."

"Alright." Darren replied but his tone bespoke his feeling that he would have to wait a long time.

"Come on Darren you can make it." Jacob said from the bed where he was spread out naked."

Darren was half way to the bed, supported by a walker as he slowly made his way to Jacob, his erect dick pointing the way.

"Can't we just move the bed closer to the door." Darren complained as he took another half step to Jacob.

"Hey... I like a man who sweats but that's beside the point. We need to get you walking again." Jacob grinned as he gave his dick a stroke, causing a drop of precum to drip out.

"If you keep that up, you might shoot your load before I get there." Darren warned.

"All the more reason for you to hurry over here and take care of me." Jacob laughed.

"Ok I get the hint, I'll hurry up." Darren said as he took a too large of a step and fell on the floor with a crash.

"Darren!" Jacob shouted as he looked over the bed to his fallen lover.

The crash and Jacob's shouting brought Tara running into the room, a worried expression on her face. But as soon as she saw both of them naked, with rapidly softening cocks she could not hold back her laughter. "Hahahaha.... I can't but help imagine that this will happen again when both of you are all old and wrinkled."

"Hey sis... did you ever hear of knocking?" Jacob complained as he hopped out of bed and went over to Darren who was moaning on the floor.

"I heard a crash and you screaming so I thought it was an emergency." Tara defended herself.

"Well as long as you are here, you better help me." Jacob said as he carefully moved Darren from his crumpled position.

"Anything broken?" Tara asked as she help him.

Jacob checked Darren's legs but did not find a break, that did not mean there was not a fracture. "Not that I can tell but we better take him in just to be careful. Are you all right Darren?"

"OUCH!" Darren complained loudly.

"Yep... we better take him in." Tara agreed

As luck would have it, the closest hospital was the same one Will was at so Darren, after his x-ray, took the back hallway to the elevators avoiding Jacob and Tara. When he arrived at the ICU, he asked one of the nurses there if Will was still there. Jacob had been keeping Darren in an information blackout for three weeks now. The nurse looked at Darren questioningly, as if she was not sure she should tell him but at that moment, Will's mother, Rebecca, arrived.

"It's good to see you Darren but if you're looking for my son, they moved him this morning to the rehabilitation hospital." She said before turning her attention to the nurse. "I think we left my son's photograph here."

"Oh yes Mrs. Fist, we found it when they were cleaning the room." The nurse said as she reached for something behind the desk. "Here it is."

"Thank you... it's seems to be the only thing my son responds to. I can't believe I forgot it."

"What photo is that?" Darren asked.

"Why... it's the one that was always by his bed. I would of thought you would of known that." Will's mother said a little disappointed. "Do I even need to show it to you."

"No, I remember it." Darren replied as the image filled his mind.

It had been near the beginning of autumn, the leaves had just changed color but had not yet falling. Will, Darren, and their friend Jason had gone to the park to take pictures for the photography class they had to take to meet their college's art requirements. At first they just goofed off taking pictures of anything that came to mind... a dried out water fountain, a park bench, a cute girl who passed them by. It was not till dusk that they finally got down to business. They took some pictures of a gnarled oak tree, an old gutted chapel, and a small pond surrounded by thorn bushes. At the end, while there was just enough light, they took photo's of each other, all of them in somber moods that matched to cold weather.

Jason, finishing off the last roll of film decided to lighten things up so, while Darren and Will looked depressed as they leaned against a tree, Jason called out to them;"now make this one into an Abercrombie & Fitch poster." He grinned from behind the camera.

Both Darren and Will laughed at that but decided to really go for it. Both of them peeled off their sweaters and t-shits. Darren unbuckled his belt and let his pants slip down, showing off the top of his boxer shorts while Will nearly went all the way, taking off his pants so that he was only in his briefs and hiking boots. The two men then went back to their positions, leaning against the tree. Jason laughed at his friends but still felt the shot was missing something.

"Hurry up and take the picture." Darren yelled as his friend tried to find the perfect position from which to take the picture. Already Darren could feel his nipples hardening and goose bumps forming on his arms.

"It needs to be more erotic..." Jason finally decided.

"Well make up your mind. It's freezing out here." Will complained.

"I got it." Jason said as an idea came to him. "Darren, I want you to hold Will as if he were your bride and you're carrying him into the honeymoon suite."

"You want me to do what?" Darren asked, confused.

"Just carry me in your arms." Will said, getting a little tired of the whole bit.

"Alright." Darren mumbled as he lifted Will up.

"Alright... looks good except...." Jason yelled to them.

"Except what?" Both Darren and Will complained.

"Don't look at the camera. Look at each other.. as if you are in love."

"Alright but hurry please or else this smile will freeze on my face." Darren continued to laugh until he looked at Will and saw the seriousness in his eyes. Will eyes and face did not show the humor that Darren had felt at the moment. Will's eyes shown with a sense of admiration, affection, and love. Darren was confused by the look. It was one he had never noticed from Will. Darren's response to it was to take on a serious, but almost flat expression.

"Looks great." Jason yelled to them, completely oblivious of what was happening between his friends. "Now Darren, move Will's head up so that its right above your right shoulder. Darren grunted but did as he was told, raising the 160 pound man higher.

"Ok, now Darren I want you to rest you're head on Wills while you're eyes look down into the distance. Will, continue looking up as if you can still see Darren's face. There... you got it now... one.... two... THREE!" Jason said before finally taking the picture. At that exact moment a small cloud of dust blew into Darren's and Will's face causing their eyes to water and as soon as the two heard the picture snap, Darren dropped Will and both men began to rub their eyes.

"Took you darn long enough." Darren complained once his eyes were clear.

"I don't know... y'all might have blinked. Can I take another?"

"No!" Both men shouted as they went looking for their cloths and moved out of the park.

For two weeks the photo shoot was forgotten, neither men thinking about it much. It was when they were receiving their pictures back from grading that the professor went up to Will and Darren and told them they made cute couple. And while their pictures were not the best he told them he was giving them A's for going beyond the call of duty. Confused, Darren and Will went to see Jason who, after his talk with the professor was grinning from ear to ear.

"Ok... want to tell us what that was all about?" Will asked with a sinister look.

"Oh hey guys... I ought to thank you. The professor loved the picture we did."

"Funny... I don't remember you ever showing us that picture."

"Well..." Jason responded guiltily. "If I had shown it to you before I turned it in you would of never let me use it."

"Why?" Will asked.

"Not going to tell you... or show you either." Jason said as he protectively held his photo album."

"Show it to us!" Darren began to threaten but then... the professor dimmed the lights, a sign that the class was about to begin. "We'll talk to you later." Darren warned as both he and Will made their way back to their seats.

"Alright class... can we settle down now. I know the syllabus says we won't be covering emotional expression on film for another three weeks but one of class member took such a fantastic picture I need to share it with the class. I hope you don't mind Jason."

"Uhmmm, actually professor..." Jason tried to protest but the professor went ahead and showed the first slide. It showed Darren and Will, from the waist up, bare skin and in each others arms.

"As you can see from the slide, the picture shows two men in each others arms... are very own Darren and Will. The lower one, Will, is looking up to the man holding him. You can feel a great deal of love coming from his gaze and his mouth, partly open as if to receive a kiss. Darren though is looking down as the vacant affect on his face gives one the picture that he is completely unaware of the other man's attention. Finally, you can see a gleam in each person's eyes but in the case of Darren it looks as he is close to tears while Will has a look of excitement. I love this picture because it is able to demonstrate two conflicting emotions all in one picture. In addition..."

Darren had not heard a word that the professor had said. He was in too much shock over having his half naked body projected on to the wall for the whole class to see. He did not even notice that Will had slipped out of the classroom until it was over. When class ended and Jason bolted out, fearing reprisals from his friends. Darren put away his things, having written nothing on his notebook.

He walked slowly to the computer lab, trying to control his anger. It was made even worse so when he found his email filled with a mixture of people making fun of him or a combination of woman and a few men from the class wondering if he was available for private photo shoots.

It was late by the time Darren finally got back to his dorm where he found Jason still gone but Will there, working on his computer.

"Hey Darren." Will called at him. Not letting his eyes leave the screen.

"Where's Jason?" Darren replied before flopping on to his bed.

"Most likely hiding from you." Will laughed.

"He better. I'm a little surprised that you are not out there hunting him down."

"Well I already did that." Will said as he finally turned around to face Darren.

"And?"

"And we've come to an understanding. He's never going to do that to us again."

"What about the picture?"

"I made him give me his copies and the negative. Tomorrow he's going to get the slide from the professor."

"That doesn't seem like punishment enough."

"Well that's what I'm working on right now." Will said as he gave Darren a good look at the computer screen.

Darren couldn't believe his eyes. There was Jason dressed in drag with a look of disbelief on his face. Also in the picture was the professor making as if he were going to French kiss Jason. Once Darren got over his fit of laughter he finally asked Will, "How?"

"Well I talked to the professor and he apologized for embarrassing us but when I told him that Jason never told us he was going to use that picture he agreed that some punishment was required so he gave Jason and me a special homework assignment. The professor had wanted to use our picture on his web site but now that he knows the truth he's going to use this one. I call it "Revenge"." Will laughed.

"Revenge... I like it." Darren agreed as he chuckled. "So, what should we do with our picture?"

"I say keep it. At least I plan to... if you don't mind that is."

"Sure... it doesn't bother me if you have it... it's others that I don't know about."

And that is what happened. Will had the picture framed and by his bedside wherever he and Darren lived. As Darren remembered this it become so obvious to him on how blind he had been. Will loved that picture so much because it reminded him of that brief moment he had allowed himself to show the feelings he had for him and just like in the picture Darren had been blind to it.

Copyright © 2013 JMH; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hey, you're finally back! lol

 

Wow, so much has happened in this chapter! Tara's a great sport; even after finding out her ex-fiance is seeing her brother. She's amazing.

 

The whole thing with Will breaks my heart. And I'm a little confused; if Will is sort of like a vegetable now, why was he brought to a rehab center?

 

I liked the photo assignment at the end. Just more proof of how much Will loved Darren and how oblivious Darren had been.

 

Great job JMH. Hopefully the next chapter won't be as long of a wait...:)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..