Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2010 - Spring - I'd Never Do That Entry

Solitary Kiss: Take the Risk - 1. Story

Authors Note:

To fully appreciate the piece, I would recommend reading Prologue to Chapter 2 of my novella ‘Every Little Thing She Does is Magic’ and my previous anthology entry ‘A Solitary Kiss’, there are characters taken from these two stories. In relation to these stories, this is a sequel to my previous anthology entry ‘A Solitary Kiss’ and it is a side chapter to my Novella ‘Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic’, developing two of my characters further.

Solitary Kiss: Take The Risk

 

 

Go on... you know you want to... listen to them... listen to the temptation... go back a few steps, go back, go back I tell you, go back there and take it like a man. Take in your temptations. Don't listen to your other side, listen to me and you will be alright.

Looking around, Lucian noticed a small bar opposite the local lake and decided to go in. He had been in there a lot of times, but decided that this was the day to go in there and avoid his inner subconscious.

“What do you want, honey?” The seductive waitress slinked over and said to him. She moved over towards him after what seemed to be flirting with one of the female customers, her shirt was slightly undone showing her red and black underwear.

“Bacardi and Coke.” He then thought, ‘Screw the voices,’ and added on, “Double the Bacardi.” Lucian looked away from the obvious sight and let his mind wander onto other important things.

“Hard day?” she giggled, then realised he wasn’t looking and shifted her shirt up a little, allowing it to cover the exposed part of her undergarments.

“Sister, you know nothing about hard days.”

“Care to tell me…”

“Not if you won’t listen, your headphone is plugged into your right ear, hidden behind your dark hair, so you aren’t really listening to any of the male customers because you keep reaching into your skirt pocket, where I believe you have your music player.”

“Jesus…” He had seen her in total accuracy.

“Exactly, but… I just come here to drink my thoughts away…”

"Dude, you’re starting to freak me out."

"Sorry. I just let things go..."

"Woman problems?"

"No. I don't. Just no."

"Heh... Me too, brother... Here's your drink. By the way, name's Mellissa."

Let go, let them go, follow your basic instinct, follow your human instinct, follow her, follow her, take the risk, take the chances, give them a chance, take a run on the wild side...

"Thanks," he smiled weakly at her, his emotions running to the surface. He stared empty faced upwards towards the clock above the bar and began to fidget in his seat.

“Only 30 minutes.”

“30 minutes till what?” The evocative man behind the bar wandered over and leant over the bar and began to talk in his deep tones.

"Till he gets home..."

"Heh, you’re everywhere I swear it…”

"Been together two months." Lucian stared deeply and sighed…

"I see.” The barman pulled up a stool and sat down. “You know I've been with my gal for about 3 weeks and I think I'm finding out more about myself than about her."

"Really?"

Take your chance, ask him, ask him away, take him away, ravage him, take the risk, take the dangerous risk

“Yep. My mind is set on other things.” He giggled. “Name’s Tony, by the way.”

"Nice to meet you. Name's Lucian."

"Nice to know... excuse me..." The strange barman walked around the back of the bar until he was out of view.

He looked at the clock again "Okay... 15 minutes. I can do this. I can get past this... I know I can..."

"People usually think their most intimate thoughts, not say them out loud." A teenage boy with gingery hair was suddenly sat the stool next to him.

"Have you been there all the time?"

"Pretty much."

"Lovely. Another person to bemoan at my mental delusions."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you..."

"Do what."

"Do what they are telling you."

"I won’t... I’m stronger than them..."

"You think you are... But it will take over again."

"I know I am stronger than it."

"We will meet again... I confirm it. Just avoid your thoughts. You will lose to them."

"Thanks..." Lucian turned away from him and took a deep breath; when he turned back, he was gone...

The boy had disappeared… almost entirely from existence…

Take the knife from the counter, use it, abuse it, attack them, attack them and hold them at knife point and win. And take your risks, you will be richer…

"Hey, babe." He turned around and saw that it was his unconditional lover. Someone to fight the voices away…

"Oh Matthew..." He fell from the stool into the man's arms. "The nightmares are coming back... the never ending talking... make it stop... please make it stop..."

"I can’t... You know I can't... let’s get you home."

They headed out of the bar and were watched by the barman as they left...

"He is a weird one, isn't he?"

"He is in here every day and just sits there. He doesn't ever drink his drink, just sits there. There must be something wrong with him," Mellissa pointed out.

"Oh well, back to work..."

Mellissa giggled to herself and stared out of the door at the couple walking off into the distance, but saw the one that was in the bar before run off into the road...

A crash...

"No way..." Her jaw dropped slightly as the events unfolded... A tear began to roll down her cheek...

"Sorry, but I have to help..."

She ran out the door, desperate to help him... although she knew deep down that she could not…

**

"It will be okay babe... I have you..."

Go on run. Run away, little boy, run away from the love of your life, cause yourself the pain, take the risk, take the risk, TAKE THE RISK!

Suddenly, Lucian began to run away from Matthew and dove into the traffic...

A crash...

A scream...

A cry...

The voices were no more...

 

© 2010 Johnathan Colourfield

Story Discussion

Copyright © 2010 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2010 - Spring - I'd Never Do That Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..