Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2010 - Winter - Haunted Entry

The Everlasting War - 1. Story

The Everlasting War

By

Johnathan Colourfield

 

This is the final part of my 2010 anthology series. I found it an experiment in patience and also an experiment within my own mind. I hope you enjoy the story.

**

Looking back at life, I wasn’t really the only one.

I was the last of my kind.

A diamond in the rough.

My name is Luxario Pepsinari and I am here to tell my life story.

If I was to tell you the whole thing then we would be here for hours.

I had to make a choice in my life.

I have been here since the beginning.

Since when they signed the documents to create the laws of reality, there was always that hidden feeling that not everything was correct.

The signed documents of reality.

It is amazing, you know.

Being there at the birth of the universe.

All races, creeds and colours joined together in complete unity to decide what should be and should not be.

I decided the rules on life and death.

I made a mistake. I decided to kill the wrong people. It is why I have lost my soul.

My soul to the many murders that I have committed.

If I was to tell you the number you would faint in agony.

But there were mistakes other than my own.

Like the design of the dominant race called Homosapiens.

They are a very peculiar lot. I haunt them. I kill those who break the rules. I am the ghost in your eyes. The one who destroys dreams and creates nightmares.

Those of us who designed the universe, of course, found out that when it was completed... there were flaws.

Cracks.

Cracks in time and in reality. That is why we created the legion of time travellers. We travelled through the cracks and into reality itself to correct the mistakes that were caused by us. We had to heal the threads of time. We were like the Salvation Army except we could change things.

Yet again, there were more errors created by us. Each action creates a different reaction and our reactions were very negative indeed. The theory discovered there wasn’t quite enough that was discovered about it. There was so much more they could have found if only they had dug deeper.

They have started. The HADRON collider being part of the search for god. The god particle. I laughed at it when I heard. There was no god particle, but what they will find will be quite interesting indeed. They will discover the truth of light verses dark.

A race was born.

A race of such disgusting creatures.

The Legion of Time Travellers created an even worse being.

The creatures with the light behind their eyes. The light that was so strong it corrupted many. All of them. Those who were terrorists, murderers, even psychopaths. All of them affected by the light behind the eyes. It clouded judgement and it made people desperate to find the solution.

But there never was…

And there never will be.

For not even the Great Designer himself could find the solution. It was the eternal balance of Yin and Yang corrupted.

The war…

The everlasting war…

The depressed and the oppressed fighting eternally to win the war of ages.

The one creature they were all searching for. The one creature that had the ability to travel across the cracks in time and meaning and reality. The last of his kind.

That creature was me…

The darkness was The Ventari. They were out to destroy what we created because they believed in a better existence. But if they destroyed the universe, then the entire meaning of existence would be destroyed and there would be no way of getting back. But I have had offers. Eternal Glory. Invincibility. A slice of brown toast. You name it; I’ve had that offer before, believe it or not.

As an old friend of mine used to say: There is no good or evil. There is only power.

The light is the Pepsinari. Those who are above mere existence. Those who watch and do not act unless they offer something. They offered me something greater than reality itself. They offered me peace. The peace of Homosapien Kind. They offered me heaven.

But I refused to take it, for I am greater than they are. I am the boy with gingery hair. The boy who has control over life and death itself.

I still try to save them all. I try to find the Code of Angeles. The code that would bring back my race. But the light behind my eyes restricts me so. I am disgusting. I am a horrible and corrupt being.

But I love it.

I have to save them all…

I have to create the Legion of Time Travellers again and make the universe reborn in complete and total _____.

Harmony or Armageddon.

You decide.

I beg of you. Find the Angeles Code. It will save your pitiful race.

Sacrifice is key in this adventure.

The War ended due to my choice. The Everlasting Suffering broken, all due to my hand.

I made my choice and I am not proud of it.

I have told the message to people. It sent them insane. It made them die.

IT MADE THEM DIE!!!

Something I am particularly proud of.

It is so simple though. The answer is so simple that you kick yourself.

I’m going to tell you the answer to the universe…

It is the spark of living memory. The way memories are passed down through generation to generation. The world was over. The world will die and a new will be born.

It is why I was still alive.

I sat and I waited till the Day of Armageddon. The Judgement Day. Where the Four Horsemen of The Ventari rose and destroyed the world.

The world no longer needed me.

The War is over now. And the darkness won. The Ventari wander around the world as Human Form. Haunting the Human Form. The form that Homosapien took from us. We were there first! I won the war! I won my freedom!

At what price?

The price of Homosapien.

That is my shame. I do not feel shameful for it, although you may disagree.

I chose to go with the darkness for everlasting glory.

May god help humanity, for death has won the everlasting war…

Death is the only option.

**

‘Yes. Yes, most certainly. We will be there.’ Lucian put the phone down hastily and looked over at Matthew. He was speaking to a few teenagers at the other end of the bar.

‘Darling, what are you doing?’

‘I’m allowed to talk aren’t I?’ Matthew grunted.

Lucian sighed. ‘Look at it. Down there. Mother Earth. Falling apart.’

‘I know. How must the Pepsinari feel?’ Matthew began to zone out as if he was going into a trance.

‘The who?’ Lucian looked into his eyes and all he could see was darkness.

The darkness before the eyes.

‘I… I don’t know.’ Matthew buried his head in his hands.

‘Anyway. I had a phone call from Luxario.’

‘How could you speak his name?’ Matthew looked in pain.

‘I’m sorry. He must not be named.’ Matthew then relaxed.

One of the teenagers had been listening to their conversation and came over.

Lucian sneered. ‘Who are you?’

‘Sorry, my name is Grayson. I couldn’t help but hear you going on about he who must not be named. He only ever calls people when he knows…’

‘Knows what?’

‘That they are going to ascend.’ Grayson gulped along with Matthew. ‘What did they say?’

‘After the fall, only a few may rise beyond existence. Wait outside of the bar and be prepared to ascend. Bring only one.’

‘Matthew, come on.’ He looked around the bar at the deceased souls, forever drinking, forever dying.

They walked outside and a strong light appeared around Lucian, raising him away from Matthew.

Those with light behind their eyes could not ascend.

Lucian watched as the four horsemen surrounded Matthew.

Separating them forever.

You never truly die.

You are kept in stasis.

Until you ascend by the hand of Luxario and you become human again.

Another life of torture and depression with all the memories of the past…

Was it worth being born again?

There were no choices any more.

Only dreams of a better existence.

© 2010 Johnathan Colourfield

 

 

Please visit this story's discussion thread

Copyright © 2011 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2010 - Winter - Haunted Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..