Jump to content
    Jordn87
  • Author
  • 660 Words
  • 1,078 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Midnight Run - 1. Chapter 1 - The Midnight Hour

20 Years Ago……

Leader had never felt such grief in his life, both his mate and himself could feel the moment their child had passed from this world.

“daideó what's going on?” The soft little voice pulling him from his thoughts. Looking over at the ginger hair little boy, Leader could feel an immense love swell from within. Anlon, his and his mate’s pride and joy was their only grandchild. Destined to help lead this pack, the young boy was placed in courses to enhance his abilities to be the next Beta. Now all that seemed lost, especially with the death of….

“Oh, little one it's just some adults being silly and playing games. Now I need your help, I need you to go into your room and pack a bag with a couple of toys and some clothes. Then we are going to play hide and seek, so we will need to be extra quiet okay?”

The little boy just rubbed his eyes and nodded, gently turning around and heading off to this room. He would do what his daideó asked as a good little pup should. Leader turned to his mate, Gemma, reaching out he wrapped her in his arms and planted a kiss on her head. The gentle sobs coming from her vibrating against his chest.

“It will be okay my love, we will run into the night and leave the North Star pack. We will raise him and he will be just as brave and amazing as his parents.”

Several hours later, the family snuck out of their house and out of the territory. The last thing the little pup heard was a group of wolves howl, led by a wolf the color of night …….


Current Day......


Leader took one more look around his shop, today was the last day it would be in his control. Having lost his mate almost a year ago, he knew his time was coming. He was looking forward to seeing his wife and son again. Leaving his grandchild all alone was not something he was thrilled about, though if the things he had heard about the new Alpha were true. Three more things he had to do. He reached for his cell phone, still amazed by what this little thing could do and looked up a number long not used.

*I love you Anlon, you were the greatest gift we ever received. Your father would be so proud of you*

The next morning the little town of Wittam, near the mountains of Ohardi, was all abuzz. Anlon O’Connor, once assistant store owner and favorite grandson, had found his grandfather in his favorite chair that morning. His world seeming to fall apart, not knowing where to start. His mind was still racing, The note his grandfather had left, what was the old man up to. Pulling the note from his pocket, he looked it over one more time.

Dear An,

I love you and I want you to know I am so proud of the young man you have become. Now I need you to be ready for his arrival, trust in your daideó, and know I will always do the best for you. Its time for you to be what you were meant to always be. Until we meet again, I love you little pup!

Your Daideó


Who was coming? What was his grandfather up to? Shaking his head Anlon left the shop, his clients would need to understand he needed some time alone to think. Anlon could feel his wolf itching at the surface, soon he would need to run and let his wolf grieve the passing of its family as well. For now, his human part hard several types of alcohol in desperate need of consumption.


Three days later the town of Wittam laid Leader O’Connor down to rest. Shortly after that reports of a wolf as dark as night began to spread around town.

Hope you all enjoy this tease :)
Spoiler
 
 
Copyright © 2020 Jordn87; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 4
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..