Jump to content
    LJCC
  • Author
  • 361 Words
  • 1,342 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Please be advised that this story deals heavily with the subject of depression, suicide, and the mention of drugs. If any part/parts of the story are triggering, please reach out to your nearest suicide/health crisis hotline. Thank you.

Desafinado: Slightly Out of Tune - Prologue. PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE


The number of times I’ve said fuck you and no one answered back, I was just hoping a voice would say fuck you too and throw me the same rock I’ve thrown at the ocean countless of times. The silence can get numbing, crazy even. Despite that, I was there, sitting, half-drunk, slightly tipsy, holding the tip of my San Mig Light on the side of the beach where no one wandered, and asked the waters if it could grant me a wish. A prayer to bring me, someone, something I could hold on to and never let go. I laughed at the notion of a creature randomly appearing out of this body of water; I’d probably run as fast as I could out of here. I may be a Paul Bunyan, but ghosts and someone sneaking behind me freak the shit out of me. I hated surprises.

My phone beeped. Amidst the sounds of the crashing ocean lulling me to sleep, I was partially lucid to do an online transaction and pay for tomorrow’s cargo of fish and meat. UBS Investment Swiss Bank, Ellison. Account Info. I gazed at the page. I have $4,705,350,221 in my personal bank account. I’ve never used this money. Never touched it, and have no plans to touch it. A trust fund tied to my grandfather’s access that if I touch this money, it would mean that I’d have to accept his terms and conditions. No way. But knowing that I’d have to pay my debt soon, this money’s looking mighty tempting.

Half the time, I didn’t know what having this much money meant. Most of the time, I thought I could give it away to the poor and probably fund a revolution somewhere and kill a dictator to save the world. Or maybe I could go buy an island and live stark naked for the lols. And when I’m drinking myself to sleep, wondering where everything leads to an endgame of something or anything, there, you could see me drunk crying.

I threw a rock into the ocean and swiped my eyes, and asked, is there something more to this?


p style="text-align:center;"> Filipino Terms of Reference:
  • San Miguel Beer Light: A brand of beer manufactured in the Philippines. It has a light, reduced-calorie lager with an exceptionally smooth and crispy taste. It is less filling and light on the stomach. Alcohol Content: 5%.
Copyright © 2023 LJCC; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 13
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

my favourite Filipino beer is Red Horse despite my Filipino partner informing me that only "rough people" drink it. He says that is too strong. He too is happy with San Miguel Light although give him a Corona & he is even happier! At least it is not Colt 45 -another beer not as I first thought a bourbon! !

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Foggybear said:

my favourite Filipino beer is Red Horse despite my Filipino partner informing me that only "rough people" drink it. He says that is too strong. He too is happy with San Miguel Light although give him a Corona & he is even happier! At least it is not Colt 45 -another beer not as I first thought a bourbon! !

I tasted Red Horse on my holiday to the Philippines and I'd have to say that it was fairly strong. Around 6 bottles and I was already slurring my speech. 😄

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..