Jump to content
    markycielo
  • Author
  • 499 Words
  • 1,452 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

Draco's Heart - 2. The Forgotten Meeting

 
 

Nobody really understood him. How could they? He, all his life, hid behind a mask. A cold, bitter, sad boy – Draco Malfoy, Slytherine and son of the Lucius Malfoy, had but one single moment of pure unadulterated bliss.

Before he even entered Hogwarts, before he became who he is today, he met a boy with black scruffy hair and brilliant green eyes in an old playground.

He found him interesting. He knew he wasn't supposed to talk to Muggles. His dad, who carelessly left him to wait on a bench at the playground while he ran an errand, had given him all he needed to know about how Muggles are inferior and how befriending one is tantamount to being a Mudblood.

Yet, Draco did find that scruffy haired boy interesting. For one, the boy was wearing a too-big-a-shirt for his scrawny build and his glasses were scotch-taped. Yet, that scruffy haired boy was smiling. Draco thought to himself, “How could this kid be smiling? He’s obviously poor and he obviously doesn’t have friends.”. “How?” he kept asking himself while stealing glances at the boy.

The boy was roughly his age. He was playing with a stick, alone. But he seemed content. It was apparently his birthday and yet he had neither cakes nor presents. But still he was content. The boy was drawing something which seemed to be a birthday cake on the ground. He drew in candles and confetti, all the required party favors. He was imagining in his head his mom and dad singing him a birthday song. He imagined blowing the candles just after he made his wish – to somehow be with his family. That's what had given this kid his smile. Petty.

Draco was so confused as to what this kid was doing that he was unable to hold back his curiosity. He, fighting off his disgust for the species, approached the boy in the sandbox.

“Oi, what are you doing there?” he said cockily.

“Hullo, ummm… Nothing really.” The boy replied with a shy smile.

“Draco.” Draco extended his arm and offered his hand.

“Harry, I’m Harry.” The boy replied accepting his hand.

Draco’s heart pounded. He felt his stomach squirm. He never felt like this before. He hated the feeling but to be honest, he didn’t fight it. He let it take hold of him. Every inch of his pale body drowned in an alien sensation. The warmth of Harry’s hand electrified his senses.

“Draco – you insolent child!” A huge voice came bellowing from behind. It all happened too fast. A hand grabbed Draco’s collar and dragged him away from Harry.

“See you Draco!” Harry called after him.

His father gave him a good lecturing on obedience and stupidity. But all through the lecture, he kept on picturing Harry and himself holding hands. He knew he’d never forget him. Maybe he’ll forget the name, and the face, but he will never forget how he felt when their hands touched.

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2012 markycielo; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ok. I'm a sucker (no pun intended) for Harry Potter stories, but the first chapter was a little to explcit for a beginning, you know keep the best 'till last hehe. however you gave us an insight into both the heart and mind of draco, and the complex thoughts and feelings of being Lucius malfoy's son, so the next chapter is eagerly awaited.

Link to comment

I eagerly await the next instalment of this story, I absolutely love any thing to do with Harry Potter and this sounds interesting so far.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..