Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Whispers - 2. Chapter 2: Death

Your gonna love this chapter! Peace and love!

"Collin You okay" A voice beckoned to me, it was a beautiful soothing voice. I slowly opened my eyes. There staring down at me was Fadden. "Hello." He said in his cute tenor voice. "You fainted."

I quickly looked around, I noticed everyone was staring at me.

"Fade, since you know him could you please take him to the nurses' office?" Mr. Rhodes said.

"Sure thing Mr. Rhodes!" Fadden said looking down into my eyes, his eyes; blue on the left and hazel green on the right. I could feel his breath against my face, a cool minty scent lifted up my sense. "Im gonna take you to the nurses, is that okay?" He said in a calm voice. Instead of saying anything I clung to his body, putting my arm around his shoulders for leverage. I must've hit hard because my head couldnt stop spining.

"Its along time no see huh?" He said to me with a nice farmers boy accent. I could smell his musk, it turned me on. "So when did you get into town?"

"Last night." I said softly. If anyone could make me speechless it was him. I remembered when we were kids he would look into my eyes with pure innocence and leave me absolutely starstruck.

"So are you back for good then?" He said lugging me like a heavy back pack.

"Im not sure, Im not even sure why my dad moved us back here in the first place."

"Well Im glad your back, I really missed you man." We made it to the nurses' office, it was a broom closet with nothing but a lady with a thermometer in her mouth.

"What can I do you for Fade?" She said checking her own temperature.

"Mr. Collin here fainted in class. Mr. Rhodes wants you to check him out, okay?" Fadden said. Even though he had the same accent as everybody else here, his voice sounded angelic to me.

"Alright then." She opened my eyes wide and shoved a blistering light into them. "Hmmm, I havent seen you around here before, you must be new."

"Actually he lived here awhile ago, but he's come back!" Fadden said with enthusiasm.

"Really? I personally wouldnt come back to this shit town if I was able to leave." She said hitting the top of my knee with the handle of a plunger.

"Mrs. Michelle!" Fadden said.

"What its true, aint nothing worth coming back to this town for. It's just a dead end on the road." She started feeling my ribs to see if I broke anything. "Nice, do you work out?"

"Okay, I think its time to go." Fadden said calmly.

"Wait, I havent finished expecticating this boys body yet, he could have strep throat!" She said opening my mouth.

"Mrs. Michelle we're going back to class now!" Fadden grabed my arm and pulled me from the grips of Nurse Michelle.

"Mkay, you boys have a nice day, you hear?" Mrs. Michelle said putting the thermometer back in her mouth and feeling her head.

 

"So I heard you went to the big city, New York right?" Fadden asked looking at my hand. As children we used to hold hands and say that we loved each other.

"Its okay Fade, you could hold my hand." I chuckled, he chuckled back then grabed my hand. It brought me back to my childhood, I always held his hand so we wouldnt get lost. "Yeah, I moved to the NY, it was hard adjusting to the fast paced enviorment. Some one could loose there marbles if they dont know the place." A teacher walked by and saw us holding hands.

"Hey!" She said, we turned to face her. She looked at us then she looked at our hands. She smiled, "I loved that show Queer eye!" she said then continued walking away.

"That was weird." I said nervously laughing.

"Dont worry, ever since cable tvs' struck this town everyone seems to be okay with gays, I mean us." fade said, we both laughed it off and reached class.

"Hey look, fairies!" A boy said in class, everyone laughed at his snide remarks.

"Shut up boy!" Mr. Rhodes said giving him a nasty look.

"God I swear, boys these days are so imature!" I looked in the corner of my eye and saw Wenifer sitting next to my desk.

"Sorry boys Im afraid you'll have to part." Mr. Rhodes said refering to the fact that our desk were at the opposite sides of the classroom. We disconected hands and my body felt as if it lost something. We quickly got back to work.

   

 

"So here's my phone number, maybe we can get coffee sometime?" I said handing Fade a piece of paper with my number on it.

"I'd love that!" he said hugging me back. It was the end of 1st period and me and Fade didnt have anymore classes together. I knew I wanted to see him later so we set a date, tonight at 9 at the local cafe. After the hug we parted ways and I headed to the rest of my classes.

After that chance encounter with Fade school was very uneventful other then the amazement Wyant had on his face when he heard I held Fadden's hand.

"Oh my god dude that is so fucking hot, you did that infront of everybody?" Wyant said. He was alittle too enthusiastic about the whole situation.

"Yes, and would you please be quiet!" I said. We were in Japanese class and Mrs. Yuri was getting mad at Wyant for cursing every other word. The class went by as fast as the wind.

"Yeah, so tell me how the date goes bro!" Wy said as we parted for the next period. I wanted the day to go by faster so I could spend sometime with Fade.

"Bye!" I said heading down stairs. I had Engineer class next and it was in the basement of the school. It was dark and dusty, I reached the end of the stairs, there was a long black hallway leading up to the class. There wasnt anyone down here. I walked, I could hear the hiss of the pipes that lined the walls.

The sound of a girl crying stopped my steps. "Hello?" I said looking up and down the halls, I couldnt see anyone. 'Maybe that was just in my imagination' I thought and so I quickly walked on. The sound of the girl's crying came back again, this time it was coming form right behind me. I turned, "HELLO!" I screamed the echo of the word screeched through the hall. There was no one. I quickly booked it to the room at the end of the hall, the door opened.

"Hello, welcome to Engineer Class!" The teacher said in a calm voice. "Come on in!"

The last two classes I had went by slowly, I had found out that there was a different extrance to the Engineer Class on the oppsite side. I left school with a frenzy of emotions; happyness and joy from being reunited with Fade, fear and shock when I heard that strange noise and the feeling of pain from when Nurse Michelle batted my leg with that plunger.

"Welcome back Collin!" My dad greeted me at the door with an aprin with flour stains all over it.

"Hi dad?" I said confused of what was going on.

"I heard from Ms. Lilly that you were going out on a date with that nice Fadden boy!" He said.

"Wow, word travels around huh?" I said pained on how everyone knew so quickly.

"Well I was making you and your brother a cake, or sort of welcome back to home sort of thing. Wanna piece?" There was a small twinkle in his eyes.

"Uh no, I have to go to the atm to get some money for the date dad!" I said laughing at the image of my dad baking.

"Well you will try it when you get back from your snog fest!" And like that my dad went from my dad to being a little 14 year old girl.

"Dad, I'll be back later kay!" I said shutting the door on my dads face from the outside.

I headed over to the bank, it was the only place with an actually working atm machine and I really needed cash. On my way I thought of the nicest conversations me and Fade could have like 'I've been waiting for you for so long' and 'will you marry me?'.

It was dark when I made it to the bank, the bank itself was closed but the atm was always open. There was only one lady in line. She looked back at me, it was that teacher who caught me and Fade holding hands.

"Hello boy, I heard you had a date with Mr. Donavan tonight?" She said with a sly smile on her face. 'Damn does everyone know!'

"Yeah, its a coffee date."

"Well you two play safe now! Good night!" She said collecting her money and leaving.

That was weird. I quickly put it in the back of my mind, and hand swiped my card. I just needed about fourty dollars for the date so I took out sixty since the stores dont take credit cards. I had the cash in hand when someone walked up behind me.

He held a gun to my head. I couldnt see him, I couldnt move but I knew he was there. "Give me the money!" He said, the gun grazing the back of my skull.

"Please, sir, I dont want any trouble. You can take the money." I said raising my right hand while putting my left hand with the money in it behind my back. He swiped the money from my hand.

"I'm sorry." He said. I knew then and there I wasnt gonna make it out of here alive.

"You got your money sir, now please, I didnt do nothing!" I said letting my tears flow.

"Shut up!" He screamed. His voice sounded so familiar. I imediately turned around, I could see alittle bit of his face, only enough to reconize him.

"Hey your..." Bang. Silence.

Copyright © 2011 Matthew Shuffle; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..