Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Whispers - 4. Chapter 4: Whisper

Yet another short chapter, in this chapter you'll find another very important character that will pop up and you'll discover Collins ability! thank you enjoy!

It was 3 o'clock in the morning, I heard my dad scream. "Get up Wyant!" I quickly walked out of my room. I watched as dad woke up Wyant.

"What is it Dad?" Wyant said through sleepy eyes.

"Someone from the hospital called, they said that Collin was there" Dad said tears falling onto Wyant.

"Im right here dad." I said looking at the both of them as Wyant got dressed. "Hello?!" I said louder. 'Why cant they hear me?'

I thought for a second then remembered. 'I'm dead. How could I forget.' The rushed down the hallway.

"Whats going on Micha?" Grandma said looking confused.

"Collins in the hospital!" Dad said running past Grandma.

"Oh, let me get my coat." Nana said.

"No, stay here, we'll keep you posted!" Dad said running out the door with Wyant. I looked at my grandma, a look of concern and confusion crossed her face.

"Oh, I hope Collins alright." Nana said watching my dad and brother run across the street to the hospital.

 

It was chaos in the hospital, my dad kept asking "Were's my son? Where's Collin?!" But no one was talking to him. Jenny and Lile was there. "Why cant anyone say anything?" He walked up to the nurse at a desk. "Were's my son!?" He screamed.

"Im sorry sir, there was a car crash on Millers Street and we are dealing with the crash victims, if you could please sit in the lobby we will be with you shortly."

My dad looked confused. "All I want is to know where my son is." There was silence, my dads screams, the chatter of chaos, all muted. A crash cart entered the lobby. Everything, the man in the cart screams, the medical lingo between the emps and nurses, everything silenced. I looked between revolving doors, a single person stood, she was wearing a dark red robe, her hair pitch black. In one of her hands she held a scythe rod. She looked at me, The man in the crash cart and nurses passed her. She followed the cart into the emergency room.

"That was Lester." A voice behind me said. I looked and it was Cin. "She's the most dangerous of the reapers, you dont want to mess with her. I've only heard stories about her, she's an executioner. I've heard that she should could bleed a person dry just with a glance, bleeding them through there pores." Cin looked at me, "Are you okay?" I feel to the floor puking.

"How can I still puke?" I said wipping away the bile from my lips.

"Like I said, mentally you could everything you could have done in the living world, you could even sometimes interact with the living."

"Why did you come here?" I said getting up, the stench of the puke only agitating my gag reflex.

"Silly boy, I came to help you. I remember how hard it was the first time I entered the Deads world. Besides the dead should always stick together!" She said reading the old issues of magazines in the hospital lobby. "Uh oh. Looks like your familys' going to hear the news." She pointed to the doctor walking towards my waiting dad and brother.

"Mr. Holden?" The doctor said to my dad.

"Yes?" My dad said, nervous of the doctors answers.

"Im sorry, your sons body was discovered infront of the banks ATM. He was dead when the ambulance arrived on the scene. I am truely sorry for your loss." And like that the doctor left to take care of the car crash patient, leaving my dad and brother in pools of their own tears.

"I brought you guys back to be safe and now Collins dead!" My dad cried colapsing onto the floor. "Why God! Why! Why did you have to take my son too?!" I looked on, I couldnt take being so close to them and yet never ever letting them see me again. Cin got up.

"God, this is boring!" She said dropping the magazine she was reading. "Lets get somemore ice cream!" She started to head out. I looked at her anger and sadness in my eyes.

"GET BACK HERE!" I said, her body turning her around, she looked horrified.

"Whats going on?" She said as her legs started to go toward me but her body wasnt obeying. "What are you doing to me?" She stopped right infront of me. I looked at her confusion then I became confused but I wasnt backing down.

"You cant call my pain or my families pain boring! How could you be so cold!" She looked at the ground. "LOOK AT ME!" I said, the rage and fury re-entering my body. Her head struggled to come up then her eyes met mine.

"Oh my god!" she said looking directly into my eyes, a smile formed on her face.

"What!" I yelled back frustrated.

"Your a Whisper!" She said breaking our glance and then she started dancing around me again. "I found a Whisper! Yay!"

"A what?" I said confused and agrivated.

"A Whisper! You can control people with your words, you can make anyone do your bidding. Your the only deadsy I've meet met who has the whisper ability other then, Of Course!"

"What?"

"The only other Whisper, I've met anyways, is Helena the reaper. Of course your abilities dont even come close to hers but still, you are quite the powerful one arent you?!" She skipped to the emergency room. "Hey Lester! Where are you, you fat smelly reaper! Well guess what I found a Whisper! Stupid cunt!" She said, Im sure she wasnt actually calling for Lester but just talking in general. I couldnt take her stupidity anymore.

"Im leaving." I said walking past my grieving father and brother, I headed outside.

"Wait!" Cin said running towards me. "Im not letting you out of my sights, I knew there was something special about you when I first saw you when you were part of the living. You must be my purpose in life! I mean death. Im not taking you out of my sights!" I didnt want to argue with her so I instead headed to Fades house, just to see him one more time.

Next Chapter will be told through the eyes of a different person! Im just telling you in advance so you wont get confused! Stay tuned for the next chapter; Chapter 5: Noah
Copyright © 2011 Matthew Shuffle; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..