Jump to content
    minkiason
  • Author
  • 2,701 Words
  • 585 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Funky Avatar - 5. Chapter 5

This is a work of gay erotic fiction. All similarities in real life including the band are unintentional and purely coincidental. This work is copyrighted by the author and may not be copied or distributed in any form without the written permission of the author, who may be contacted at: minkiason@yahoo.com

 

#######################################################################

 

MY FUNKY AVATAR part 5

 

I recalled the last events of our date as I lay down on my bed, trying to get some sleep. I could still feel the passionate kiss Adam and I shared, the taste of his lips, and the intoxicating scent of his hot body. As much as I would not like to, I was starting to fall for him. Our drive home was as silent as our trip going there. I was contented with the outcome of our date; I had a full stomach and I had nothing to say about it. I guessed Adam felt the same, too. Before he dropped me off, however, he did make me think.

 

“Will you let me see you again?” he asked me, his brooding eyes full of hope. For a moment there, I thought he was doubtful. I liked him asking for my permission, because at least I knew he was respecting me even if he was as persistent as hell to get in my life, and in my pants.

 

“Do you have to say that?” I said, as sarcastic as I could. “I know you wouldn’t take no for an answer.”

 

Adam flashed me another of his killer smiles, and I thought that was because I confirmed he had control over me. He looked so gorgeous, standing tall before me. Every time I look at him it seemed as though there was a spotlight over his head, always telling me he was a celebrity. Then out of nowhere, I felt an irresistible urge to kiss him at my doorstep. So I did. I gave him just a quick peck on the lips, to let him know he was making progress.

 

“I’m going in. Aren’t you supposed to leave?” I shrugged. He was both speechless and motionless for almost five minutes after I kissed him. He stared off, and the expression of his handsome face was, if I was right, disbelief.

 

“Don’t you want me to come in, Ryan?” he replied, that dreamy look in his eyes not yet fading. So, that was it. If I make a surprise attack, like that kiss, I could dictate the flow of the game. I was already visualizing other strategies to keep Adam in check in the future. Hold on a sec, was that a long term goal?

 

“I kissed you already. I think that’s enough for now,” I told him, if I was smiling with my discovery I might as well show him and let him guess. “I said I’m not planning to get laid on my first date.”

 

“Fine by me,” he said, though I could tell he was hungry for more. “I’ll call you.”

 

I had already turned my back on him, believing he was finished, when I heard him say, “And… Ryan… Thank you… It meant so much… to me.”

 

I appreciatively absorbed his words and turned to face him again. He looked like a lost puppy without a home, but a very cute puppy at that. “If you want to know,” I said, “It meant a lot to me, too.”

 

He left with a smile on his face and a promise to get in touch. I, on the other hand, was left with butterflies in my stomach, the taste of a lingering kiss, and a very good chance of finding love. Damn, I’m such a hopeless romantic.

 

I closed my eyes and hugged a pillow. Tomorrow, I thought, I’d be facing the world again. My monotonous life would still continue its suspended journey. In all its dull and repetitive glory, I found my source of adventure in Adam. He was the wildcard.

 

Just thinking of my funky avatar did not help in getting any rest, wishing he was there in my dream. But I had a dreamless nap, which was too short to be considered sleep, because there was a continuous rapping at my door. The sun is already up, and I saw in the clock it was 6:00 am. But whoever it was who forced me to answer the door on such an early Monday morning should really have a very valid reason for doing so.

 

“You might not want to go out,” Sam said, handing me a folded newspaper. Her face was stern and I could not tell what she was up to. Somehow I had a nagging feeling she had with her bad news.

 

“Why? Are there giant gorillas destroying the city?” I joked, trying to lighten the mood in the room. “It’s a beautiful, sunny Monday, which is very conducive for work.”

 

“Just read the paper, for crying out loud!” she almost yelled. I unfolded it and began to search for what Sam was talking about. It was easy to find though, because it was the biggest headline in the front page, beating even the latest political issues. There was also a picture of Adam and I engaged in our very first kiss.

 

GAY STALKER KISSES AVATAR SINGER

 

What the hell?!? From the headline itself I could already identify who the antagonist in the story was. As I read on, it even appeared Adam was heroic enough to help me when I fainted in his arms even though I allegedly stole a kiss on his lips. They did not even know he instigated that kiss, and I was barely a participant. Now I began to understand why he asked me if I would let him see me again, but if he knew that this was going to happen beforehand, he could have told me. I bet he knows this was the end of our story, and I’m fervently hoping he’d accept it as that.

 

“Hey, at least they did not give any names,” Sam said, wishing my mind would ease a bit. She came over to my side and massaged my shoulders. She knew I was stressed out.

 

“That’s only for a while.” I was in panic. “Sooner or later, they’ll find out everything about me. The fact that I have my face plastered all over the front page of a newspaper is a big enough lead to know who I am. That’s how the media works.”

 

Samantha thought for a minute about my point. Then she led me to the sofa and made me sit. She went to the kitchen and fetched a glass of water. I couldn’t help but smile at her. Though she doesn’t say it, I know she really loves me.

 

“What are you going to do now?” she asked, taking a seat beside me. Obviously, she also had no idea how to deal given these circumstances. “What happens between you and Adam?”

 

“Don’t worry, Sam. As long as I’m still unnamed, I’d live as though nothing happened,” I assured her. “And as far as Adam and I are concerned, we’re through. I made it a point to make him remember that.”

 

“You’re going to let him go, just like that?” she said as if she wanted to salvage what was left of my relationship with the Avatar. I was speechless, processing what she said and thought about my next move with Adam. I realized there was no better time to stop whatever we had than now, since we haven’t even started yet. I guessed my best friend read what was on my mind when she said, “That’s too bad. You could have been a very good couple.”

 

“I know,” I muttered with regret, as memories of my short time with Adam flashed in my mind. “Oh well, it goes to show what a loser I am. This is only a preview of things to come if I keep up with him. I have no choice but to stop before our situation gets worse.”

 

She nodded in understanding. She knew the complications, that my relationship with the avatar was not just some adventure around the corner. I believed she already had a hint that this was bound to happen, in one way or another, like I had. I stood up and fixed myself, and Sam looked at me amused.

 

“You’re very good in acting,” she said with her sad voice. “You really appear as if you just woke up from a bad dream. You pretend this issue does not concern you.”

 

If there’s one thing I hated about her, it would be the fact that she knew me too well. There was no use in acting as if I was strong to take my problems head on, because she would just see through my mask. Since I could do nothing about this present dilemma but live with it, I only wanted that this issue be put behind and not talked about anymore.

 

“Relax, I’m not greatly affected,” I lied, because I do not want to stress her out even though she means well. “I’ve been through a lot worse, and you know that. I’ll pull this together.”

 

I guessed she believed me because she shrugged and let out a sigh. She knew what I was talking about. She put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it lightly.

 

“Just remember I’m always here for you,” she said, her voice filled with conviction. “I know you’ll get through this, Ryan. But in case you don’t, I’ll have to kick your ass.”

 

“That’s what I’m afraid of,” I told her after I stopped laughing. I glanced at the clock and noticed I’d be running late if I don’t fix myself now. “I have to work. I don’t want my career ruined because of this mishap. I need to take my mind off things.”

 

“Maybe you should,” Sam concurred, getting up.

 

Two hours later, I made my way to the office like a zombie on that hot morning. With the sun in my eyes, I struggled to see where I was going. Sweat formed on my forehead as I trudged along the street, still trying to make some sense out of the last few days. It made me uneasy when I see people looking at me, or when I see them talking to each other, just because I’m getting the feeling they know all about me. Last week, I’m an introvert. Today, I’m paranoid. Great progress, I thought, as I nearly collapsed when a car suddenly stopped beside me.

 

I was praying the person inside was not Adam. The day was so bright I found it difficult to peer through the tinted window. I realized maybe it was just a coincidence that the car parked on that side of the street. I already turned my back when the door slowly opened and someone stepped out and put a hand on my shoulder.

 

“Hey, have I seen you before? You seem kind of familiar,” the man said.

 

I could not turn around. Though I was thankful the voice was not Adam’s, I was trembling because he recognized me. And I was beginning to think I could get by the day without having to deal with that headline issue again. For a moment, I stood there like a statue, uncertain on how to escape the man. I removed his hand from my shoulder then started walking briskly away from him.

 

“Wait,” he said, following me. “Let me talk to you for a sec.”

 

I completely ignored him, and increased my pace a bit. I squeezed in through the crowd and kept my head low, in an attempt to lose him. I had walked two blocks when I stopped and turned around, thinking he’s gone considering the distance I covered. To my surprise, he was still on my back, trying to catch his breath.

 

“Why are you in a hurry?” he asked me. “I’m not going to hurt you if that’s what you’re thinking.”

 

“I have work, you know.” I replied, knowing I couldn’t get him off my case. His persistence reminded me of Adam. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. “OK, so let’s get this over with. What do you want from me?”

 

When he heard me speak, he turned all smiles. His eyes were sleepy, and when he looked at me I could see my reflection in them, as if I’m the only thing he sees in this world. He was handsome, and I could tell from the smoothness of his skin, he’s not some guy next door. He must come from a wealthy family, I thought. His clothes hugged him perfectly like a model.

 

“Have I seen you before? You seem kind of familiar” he repeated. “Lame pickup line, huh?”

 

I laughed. I liked his sense of humor. For the first time on that dreadful day, I felt comfortable. But wait a minute, did I just hear him say “pickup line”?

 

“I’m Andrew,” he said with confidence, “But most of my friends call me Drew. What’s yours?”

 

At that moment I was debating in my mind whether or not to shake his extended hand. He seemed nice, though. And, I thought, it wouldn’t be a disadvantage to make friends with a rich guy. The world today is all about connections.

 

“My name’s Ryan,” I told him faintly, as I held out my hand to meet his. His grip was a little on the tight side, and I couldn’t help giving an uncomfortable smile.

 

“It’s been quite a trouble to meet you,” Drew said with a smirk. “But it’s been my pleasure, Ryan. Well, actually, I want to know you a little better, so if you’re not busy, can we have lunch together later?”

 

I must admit he was too forward his intentions were suspicious. I was about to ask why but then I glanced at my watch and realized I was running late. “I’m sorry,” I said, “but maybe some other time. Nice to meet you too, Andrew.”

 

I walked away before he could say anything. For all I know, he could be a reporter in disguise. But to his credit he did not say anything about the newspaper headline or anything about the Avatars. I wondered if I would meet him again in a better circumstance.

 

The moment I entered the office everything seemed normal. Everyone’s desk is full of clutter and people were gossiping here and there. My everyday routine is to ignore everyone else and head straight to my desk and work my ass off without talking to anyone until it’s time to go home, being a silent type and all. As I took my seat in my desk, I saw a note from Mr. Gonzales to go to his office at once.

 

My heart was thumping hard while I walked through the corridor. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me. Maybe they were gossiping about me. What did my boss have to say?

 

I quietly opened the door of his office. Mr. Gonzales was waiting for me. His aging face was apprehensive, and his lips were quite shut. Overall, he looked pretty much as he would on an ordinary day, always tense and troubled.

 

What bothered me is the newspaper lying on the top of his table. Surely it was similar to the one that Samantha showed this morning.

 

“I don’t want to do this,” he started slowly, “but I want you to resign. Today.”

 

I froze. Everything in my life is becoming a nightmare, and it’s all because of Adam.

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

#######################################################################

 

Any comments, suggestions, and reactions (not necessarily violent) you have in mind? This is my first post and I would like to hear from you. Just contact me at: minkiason@yahoo.com

Copyright © 2011 minkiason; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..