Jump to content
    Myk
  • Author
  • 274 Words
  • 1,359 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Wishing Upon A Star - 1. Chapter 1

We descended the stairs to the sandy beach below, our hands instinctively interlacing. With our spare hands we scooped up our flip flops. The feel of sand between my toes echoed the warm glow of the sky as the sun slipped below the horizon.

His hand guided me along the water’s edge where the salt air was strong and the tide nipped at our feet. The sky darkened as we made our way down the beach, and before long it was almost too dark to see where we were going.

“Look!” he said, pulling my attention towards the heavens. “The first star, make a wish.”

A smile spread across my face. “What for? I have everything I want. I have you.”

“Then I’ll make one.” My gaze dropped, but he wasn’t next to me. “That you will say yes.” Cool water rushing over my feet caught me by surprise, and looking down I saw him kneeling in the water.

“What? You’re getting soaked!” He was being foolish. My eye caught a glint of something. He had something in his hand and it took forever to realize that it was me who was being foolish. “Oh my goodness! Yes, of course, yes!”

Before I knew it he had slid the ring smoothly onto my finger and was pressing his lips to mine. I returned the kiss softly at first then long and hard as we both deepened and intensified the embrace with our passion for one another. Finally breaking apart I rested my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms tightly around his shoulders.

“I love this man! I love him, I love him.”

This story was originally published as part of The Authors Haunt 2009 Night Flash Anthology and is the property of the author (Myk). This story may not be copied, posted or used in any way in part or in whole without the author's permission.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 08/23/2013 12:07 PM, joann414 said:
i figured u were a great writer!
I am not....yet! :P

 

I thought you were reading circumnavigation??

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..