Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Writing Prompts - 2. Technical Prompt

In three paragraphs, describe three different scenes that display anger, sadness, and happiness *without* using *any* dialogue. No quotation marks; action only.

Decided to try and incorporate all three into one scene, but each has 3 paragraphs devoted to it :)

***

Jordan glared at the little window in the middle of the door. God damn them, he was getting hungry and they still hadn't brought him his stupid dinner. Not that it would be any better than it had the last six months, but it was better than nothing he supposed. Walking over he pounded his fists against the solid door as he tried to get somebody's attention.

He watched as people passed by the door and completely ignored him as he pounded his fists against the door until they bled. He looked impassively at the blood that stained the door before going to sit on his bed and glare once again at the door.

Beating on the door didn't do any good, they never paid any attention to him anyways, at least until they realized he'd hurt himself. Then they'd come running, stupid people, ignore him until he hurt himself. What was really the point of that!

Jordan looked at the blood on his hands and couldn't stop the laughter that bubbled up in him. He collapsed in laughter on his cot as he watched the blood trickle down his hands. He soon found himself rolling on his bed as some unknown hilarity hit him.

In his laughter, Jordan rolled off the bed and hit the hard floor. Trying to regain his composure he sat up and slid up against the wall. His laughter died down to be replaced by a contented smile as he looked at the door and again wondered when they were going to bring him his dinner.

He thought about what the dinner that night would be. They were always so predictable. Each day of the week had something different, but yet it was the same as the same day the week before. He guessed they figured that it was best to keep to some kind of structure.

His laughter soon turned to tears as he realized that the only people he ever really saw were the ones who brought his food and brought him medication that he refused to take. Occasionally they forced him to take the medication, even though he bit them and fought them as much as he could.

The tears ran down his cheeks as he thought about how nobody ever came to see him. It was apparent that those that put him here didn't really care about him. If they had then they would come and visit, but he was alone, and he knew it. Nobody really knew what to do with him.

Jordan looked up as a face appeared in the small window of the door. The door quickly opened and a nurse rushed in with a couple of security guards. He saw the little cup of pills in there hand and knew that they were going to force him to take the pills. They said he was bi-polar but if he was, then he could never remember the high's and low's that they told him he had.

Copyright © 2012 Renee Stevens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..