Jump to content
    sacredlove
  • Author
  • 4,388 Words
  • 1,760 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Vengeance - 1. Story of...

Vengeance

Chapter-1: Story of…

All Embry wanted was to get drunk like a heartsick loser, to get pounded fiercely by some random guy, to feel like shit and, most importantly, to forget everything about Conner Keller.

Embry ticked off in his mind almost every one of the goals he had set himself last night, almost. What he couldn’t accomplish, even after a considerable effort was to kick Conner out of his damn mind, out of his languishing heart.

How could Embry not think about those crystal clear blue eyes, those lips which lingered over his whenever the two of them were together? How could he not remember those strong, calloused hands which always longed for Embry’s touch? How could he not acknowledge his never-ending, nerve-wracking desire for Conner’s beefy, warm, and preferably naked body, which was so perfect a fit next to his own slim self?

How could he wash away Conner’s affectionate touches which coated every part of his body? How could he not miss Conner’s caring gaze, those stolen glances, whenever he thought Embry was not looking? How could he let go of all the time he had spent with the love of his life?

How could he move past the moment when Conner got down on his knee in front of Embry’s colleagues and asked him to marry him? And, how would he ever be able to disentangle himself from the memory of Conner’s rueful face when he had told him no, that he could never get married, and he had run off in the opposite direction like a coward?

Even after Embry’s absurd response to Conner’s proposal, Conner had tried to call him, to meet him, but Embry avoided him like the plague. Within a few months, Conner’s attempts to contact Embry stopped. But what never stopped, was the all too frequent and growing pain, boring a gaping, pity less hole through Embry’s heart. Every passing moment that Conner was absent was making Embry realize that everything important in his life was slipping away.

Embry spent the night getting fucked by a stranger, but he kept thinking about Conner. And when the meaningless sex was finished, well, he was still thinking about Conner.

When sleep took no mercy on Embry, he frustratingly sat up in bed wrapped in those white sheets staring at his one-night stand asleep next to him.

The guy was hot, yet Embry’s heart was yearning for someone else, someone named Conner. He sighed and tilted his head back trying to make a coherent thought, but failed miserably. Before he could start to cry again, his phone buzzed. The stranger in his bed stirred and turned on his side.

Embry’s phone had been buzzing the whole night, but he had decided to ignore it, because he had been busy fucking… and sulking. With some hesitance, he picked up the phone.

“Hello.”

“Why the hell didn’t you answer any of my calls?! Do you have a death wish, Embry Zane?!”

“Oh God, stop shouting Joel. My head is ready to burst and I feel like shit.”

“After getting wasted like a roadside junky and taking a daddy home to stuff your ass, that undoubtedly makes you a deserving candidate to feel like shit. Shithead!”

“How did you know? And no shouting, please,” Embry begged while massaging his forehead with his free hand.

“You drunk dialed me last night, smart ass. Is that hunk still in your bed?”

“Yeah.”

“Throw him out and go put some clothes on. Then make a mad dash for St. John’s Church.”

“What? Why?” Embry’s hand ceased to move on his forehead.

“Conner is getting married… today… at St. John’s Church… in exactly two hours time.” Joel’s voice was unexpectedly gentle whilst disclosing the news, which only served to broaden the gaping hole in Embry’s heart.

“So?” Embry croaked.

“So! Go there. Create a scene. Confess your undying love for Conner, along with the fact that you’re the biggest asshole in the world. Stop the marriage. Then run away with your man to the mountains and live in a secluded cabin forever. Happy ending for Conner and Embry.”

Embry almost laughed, despite the sudden urge to burst into tears.

“Just because your husband is the most boring man on the face of the earth, doesn’t mean I have to make up for all your unfulfilled fantasies.”

It was a lame attempt at a joke and Embry knew it, Joel just snorted.

“Patrick is the most interesting person in my life, asshole! And unlike you, I’m with the person I love.”

His words stabbed Embry’s heart mercilessly. He heard Joel exhaling loudly and then adding more seriously, “Embry, there is someone in this world for everyone. Without that someone we can never find our happily ever after. In my life, that someone is Patrick, and I’m lucky enough that he’s with me. Conner is that same someone for you. If you continue to stew in your marriage-phobia, then believe me you will lose your chance at happiness and so will Conner.”

Embry began shedding silent tears. Joel was right, but the failed marriages around Embry, including his parents’, had carved deep into his brain the idea that a relationship could only work up until marriage.

“Marriage eventually destroys every good thing in a relationship.” Embry wanly verbalized his thoughts.

“What about me and Patrick? We’ve been married for nearly three years now… happily married.”

Embry had no arguments against that.

“If I do this, and that’s a big if; then I have a feeling that both of us will end up hurt, Joel.” Embry seemed assured of his preconceived notion.

“And right now both of you are happy, content?”

Embry sniffled.

“When Conner proposed to you, you should have talked things out instead of freaking out, rejecting him, and shutting him out of your life. I kept begging you not to avoid him, but as stupid as you are, you did what you always do. You ran away.”

“It’s been six months. Maybe he doesn’t love me anymore. Maybe he fell in love with someone else and is marrying him.”

A thousand doubts circled Embry’s mind, each one trying to convince him that he and Conner together was a bad idea.

“One of Conner’s friends, who is friends with a friend of mine told me that it’s an arranged marriage.”

“What if —”

“Shut up, Embry! Just shut up! Listen to yourself. No matter what I say you’ll find a thousand ways to be away from the love of your life, but all I want to do is give you one reason to make your worries, fears, and doubts disappear. You love Conner and Conner loves you. If this simple fact is not enough to get through your useless mind then no one can help you, Embry. Get ready to spend the rest of your life like you lived it for the past six months.”

Joel’s words jolted something inside Embry. Embry was certain he couldn’t live his life like this anymore. He needed happiness. He needed love. He needed his boyfriend. He needed Conner Keller and for that he had to take this chance, even if this chance never leads to ultimate happiness. He’d decided, he won’t forfeit Conner’s love because of uncertainties about the future.

For the first time in his life, Embry was determined to fight for Conner.

He threw off the white sheets and jumped out of bed. “Text me the address of St. John’s Church.”

“Okay.” Joel sounded surprised.

Embry could picture that smug smile on Joel’s nerdish face and him pumping his fists in the air.

“I have a wedding to stop.” Embry was searching for his jeans and t-shirt in the pile of clothes which littered the floor. Thank God he had his underwear on. One less thing to find.

“Just give me a minute.”

“And Joel?”

“Hmm.”

“Thanks for being my best friend. Without you —”

“You can write a poem praising me once you get your man back. Now hurry and please throw last night’s candy out of your house.”

“Okay, bye.”

Embry hung up, found his jeans, and hastily put them on.

“Hey… man… buddy…” Even for the life of him, Embry couldn’t remember the name of his one-night stand. “You need to wake up and get the hell out of here.”

Embry found his t-shirt, but it smelled of booze and sex. He flipped it in the basket near the cupboard and went to the dresser, making long, urgent strides.

“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!”

The stranger didn’t wake up. Embry had an inkling that the guy in his bed was deaf.

When Embry found a pink t-shirt, he put it on without thinking and huffed; he had the t-shirt on inside out.

“Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!”

He quickly corrected his mistake, walked to the bed and jostled the guy lying there.

“Hey, wake up! You need to leave, because I have to leave!”

Finally, the guy grumbled some unintelligible words.

Embry sighed with relief, and looked back at the mirror to stare in displeasure at his rebellious black-curly hair. He raked his hands through his hair, but to no avail.

“Fuck it!”

The guy was still grumbling, but didn’t look like he was getting up. Impatiently, Embry lifted a jug full of water from the nightstand and poured it over the sleeping figure.

The burly guy was up in a moment, flailing his arms and gasping for air.

“There you go.” Satisfied with his accomplishment, Embry looked around the room for his keys. “Get up and get lost!” Embry ordered the naked man without glancing back.

“Whoa! What the hell?! You’re surely not a morning person. But you don’t have to fuck up my morning. Any decent person would offer some breakfast to the guy who fucked him last night. Why —”

Embry was done with this guy’s tantrums. Once he got the keys, wallet and his phone, he went to the bed, tossed the covers off, leaving the burly guy’s naked body exposed. The stranger tried to cover his junk, in embarrassment.

“Really. You fucked me last night and now you’re being shy. Hilarious! Sadly, I don’t have time for your coyness, so for the love of God, get lost!”

The stranger made a hurt face. “You’re mean.”

“Go complain to your mom then!”

“Maybe I will.” If Embry hadn’t been so pressed for time he would have laughed his ass off. This guy was seriously funny.

The stranger reluctantly scrambled out of bed, but couldn’t find his clothes. Embry’s patience was wearing thin.

“Maybe if I get some coffee…”

That’s it. Embry had had enough. He paced over to stand in front of the taller man, stared right up at him, and stabbed a finger at his hard chest. It definitely made the guy wince.

“Look Mr. Hot-shot. The love of my life is getting married in less than two hours, which means I’ve not got much time to get to the church, confess my feelings, which, by the way, I have no idea how I’m gonna do that, and stop his wedding, to get him back. So, as you can see I’m a bit busy right now, so kindly fuck off,” Embry sputtered through his gritted teeth.

He was breathing hard while the naked guy was staring at him, awestruck, with great big eyes.

“Mr. Hot-shot? You don’t even remember my name, do you? I’m Armaan,” The guy drawled after a few moments of silence.

“I don’t give a shit.” Embry peeked at the clock and muttered ‘fuck’ under his breath. “I don’t have time for this.”

Embry found the stranger’s clothes and pushed the bundle into his stomach. Then he got behind the naked guy and put his hands on his bare, muscled back to push him out the door.

“What the hell are you doing?” The guy protested, more in astonishment than anger.

“What I should have done fifteen minutes ago.”

The guy was still unsuccessfully trying to hide his junk with one hand and managing his pile of clothes in other while pleading with Embry to let him at least put his boxers on. But Embry didn’t hear a thing. The stranger looked strong enough to stop Embry, but he never used his strength and let the smaller man shove him out.

Embry followed behind and locked the door, then he ran towards the stairs.

“Hey!” Armaan shouted while getting into his boxers.

Embry glanced back.

“Good luck stopping that wedding.”

Embry smiled. Armaan looked puzzled. Ignoring him, Embry headed downstairs, but he heard Armaan say, “for some reason that didn’t sound right”. The guy was a fun-bag.

***

Embry hailed a taxi, telling the driver he needed to get to the church in a hurry, and giving the address Joel had texted. The taxi driver told him that it was a long ride, but assured him that they would be there in an hour.

Embry tried to relax, but the dread of losing Conner forever, kept him on his toes.

How could he have let things come to this? If Embry couldn’t make it there in time, he would have no one but himself to blame. Joel had tried a number of times to make him understand the obvious, but his idiotic preconceptions had never let him see the true picture.

The other possibility that disturbed his thoughts was that even after making it to the church before the wedding, what if Conner just told him to fuck off. What would he do then?

For once in his life, Embry decided to be brave and face the problem, if it occurs. Right now getting to the church and talking to Conner was the priority.

Embry eyed the framed picture placed over the dashboard. A beautiful woman dressed in blue jeans and loose white shirt, stood with her hands wrapped around the waist of a tall, handsome guy. A cute, adorable girl of around five was sitting on the shoulders of the man. When Embry looked hard he recognized the man as his taxi driver. A perfect family picture.

Things could have been perfect for Conner and him too, if his head hadn’t been buried so far up his ass. Well, now as his head was out of his ass, he could finally think something else except shit.

Suddenly, the taxi came to a halt, and Embry began to get excited.

“Are we there?!”

They were on a road with clumps of tall trees to either side. The road looked well off the beaten track, there didn’t seem to be any other vehicles.

“Not yet. I guess something is wrong. Let me check.”

The driver slid out of the taxi and opened the bonnet of his vehicle. Embry kept seated, holding his breath, drumming his fingers on his thighs.

After inspection the driver hinged the bonnet up, got back in his seat, and announced. “Something’s wrong with the engine. You have to take another taxi.”

Embry felt sick. “Wh-wh-what?”

He looked at his phone. He had less than forty minutes to make it to the church. He wanted to talk to Conner face to face, but now he had no choice. He speed-dialed Conner, but it went directly to voicemail. “No. No. NO!” Embry dialed again, getting agitated, but the response was the same.

He was very close to losing his composure. He just wanted to curl up and cry, but he knew he had to be strong; if he wanted to keep any hope alive of getting Conner back, then he needed to keep his shit together.

“Are you okay?” The driver looked back from his seat. “You look pale.”

“I have to be somewhere urgently, like really urgently and I don’t have time, and now I have to find another taxi on this secluded road. I-I—”

“Hey. Hey, calm down.” The driver offered Embry some water, but he shook his head. “Look, don’t worry. I’ll call one of my friends; if he’s around, he will take you to this church in his taxi. Okay?”

A glimmer of hope brightened Embry’s face. “Really?”

The driver smiled. “Yep. Sit tight.”

He called someone. “Hey Roger, it’s Nathan…Yep, Mary and Sharon are fine…Yeah we’ll be there… Look buddy I need your help.”

Nathan described the situation to Roger. Once he hung up, he didn’t look happy. “He’s not in the city at the moment.”

And that did it. Embry’s heart sank to his stomach. He burst into tears as he had no clue what he was going to do. “I’m gonna lose Conner, forever. It’s my mistake. It’s all my doing.”

“Hey. Hey. Look at me. Look at me.”

Embry wiped his nose with the back of his hand and lifted his eyes to meet Nathan’s gaze. “It’s not likely that you’ll get any other ride to get you to the church, but you could make it there walking.”

For a moment, that driver gave Embry’s dying hope a CPR. “How much time have you left?”

“Th-Thirty minutes.”

“If you walk to the church, you’ll be there with a minute or two to spare.” Nathan estimated while tapping his finger on his chin. “You better hurry.”

“Tell me the way.” Embry unlocked his door and slipped out of the vehicle. Nathan did the same.

Nathan put his hands on the hood of the taxi. “You just need to follow this road. When you reach the next junction, take a right turn and continue straight on. When you reach Denver’s Café, take a left and keep going until you reach the church. Understood?”

Embry repeated the directions in his mind, twice. He paid Nathan and thanked him. He was ready to run down the road, when Nathan threw him a water bottle, Embry caught it easily with one hand.

“You’ll need it.”

Embry thanked him again. Nathan nodded and smiled.

***

Embry was tired after running for a few minutes, so he began walking briskly. At least the weather was on his side today, the clouds were rolling in pretty fast. He drank some water and kept moving. He reached the junction in fifteen minutes and some of his confidence bounced back.

All this cluster of emotions was overwhelming for Embry. One moment he wanted to laugh out loud and the next he wanted to cry himself to sleep. He so wanted to touch his man right now that it ached.

What was he thinking avoiding Conner all this time? Conner would have been hurt beyond words. How would he face Conner after breaking his heart into a million pieces and then stomping on them without blinking an eye? Embry was sure that like always Joel was right. He was the biggest asshole on this planet.

As people say, karma is a bitch, and it was here to bite Embry in the ass. Embry was ready for everything if that meant he was going to end up with Conner.

Ten minutes later he was in front of Denver’s Café. He was minutes from his destination and he had a few minutes left. He was panting because of the exertion and anxiety. His fate was going to be decided within a matter of a few minutes.

The dark clouds thundered and without warning the rain began to sluice down from the gloomy sky. Embry chucked the empty water bottle into the nearest trashcan and dashed down the road.

The next couple of minutes seemed to stretch to eternity. Embry finally arrived at the church. He was completely soaked and breathing heavily. Not caring how tired or out of breath he was, he trudged up the stairs to the church entrance.

This was it.

The doors stood open and a few meters ahead was the man of Embry’s dreams standing at the altar, staring into some other man’s eyes.

Embry stopped.

Conner’s black suit was hugging him in all the right places. A white rose tucked into his lapel adding elegance to his rowdy personality. Conner’s tall, muscular build, light stubble, neatly combed black hair, were the epitome of sexiness. If something was missing it was Conner’s smile.

Embry plodded through the entrance towards Conner. Inside, the whole church was decorated with lilies and white roses. All the seats were occupied. A pastor was standing next to Conner and his fiancé. He was saying something.

Embry could feel the water dripping off him onto the astoundingly lustrous floor, but his gaze was fixed on his lover.

He kept moving forward. His eyes fell on the Conner’s ring-finger. Thankfully, there was no wedding ring… yet.

“I, Conner Keller.” Embry heard the pastor say.

Embry held his breath and could sense his heart pounding in his ears.

“I, Conner Keller.” Conner repeated.

Embry wanted to scream, but felt that his tongue was frozen in his mouth.

“Take Alex Green.”

“Take Alex Green.”

Embry shuddered, trembling, and the shock of the reality shook him to the core.

“To be my lawfully wedded husband.”

“To be my lawfully wedded—”

“Conner!” Embry didn’t even realize that he’d called his lover’s name as it echoed through the church.

Every person present at the wedding was staring at the drenched Embry… including Conner.

Conner’s mouth was wide open. Embry had no idea what to say, so he stopped in the middle of the aisle and waited for something to happen. No one uttered a word. There was a long excruciating moment of silence.

Conner began to walk down the altar with sluggish steps. “Em… bry.”

Embry gulped down the stream of emotions which washed over him, hearing Conner’s deep voice saying his name. He held his ground. Conner’s eyes locked with his and Embry held his gaze.

“What are you doing here?” Conner was unbelievably calm and seemed surprisingly relieved to see Embry.

“I’m here to stop this wedding,” Embry asserted.

There were shocked gasps, and no doubt hateful glares.

A woman, whom Embry remembered was Conner’s mother, stood up, moved towards Conner and rested her tiny hand on Conner’s shoulder. This made him stop, but his eyes were still on Embry.

“Why?”

“Because I’m in love with you.”

“You never answered my calls.” Conner’s accusations sounded weak, but laced with agony.

“I don’t want to lose you.” Embry could only beg.

“I spent months outside your house, looking at that closed door, willing you to open it, but it remained closed for me.” Conner’s anguished voice lurched to a higher pitch and Embry’s eyes brimmed with tears.

“I was a fool. I was stupid, and I’m the world’s biggest asshole.”

Conner emitted a sad chuckle. “Those are Joel’s words.”

“But I’m the one who felt all those things, Conner.”

“Don’t say my name like that. You don’t get to do that. You can’t banish me from your life for six months and barge in here to ruin my wedding.” Conner made no sign of turning around to go back to the altar and resume his wedding.

“Please, Conner.”

“Don’t!”

“I love you and I know you love me too.”

“No, I don’t.”

“You don’t?” Embry was sorely unsuccessful in hiding the hurt from his voice.

Conner sighed, craning his neck to the right. He looked tired and defeated. “What do you want, Embry?”

Embry sniveled. “I want you to tell me that you still love me, that you still want me. I want you to kiss me, fuck me.”

This brought another round of gasps, followed by whispers, but Embry seemed immune to them.

Conner staggered with Embry’s words.

“I want you to be with me. I want you to marry me. I want us to run away to the mountains and live in a secluded cabin forever. I-I want… a happily ever after for us.”

“You don’t believe in happily ever after.”

“I believe in you, Conner.”

Conner shrugged his mother’s hand from his shoulder and crossed the distance to reach Embry. Conner glided an arm around Embry’s waist and with the other he took hold of Embry’s neck, pulling him close for a kiss.

Embry put his hand on Conner’s chest to make him stop. “I… I haven’t brushed yet,” Embry confessed with a bit of hesitance.

Conner smiled and just tugged him closer and crushed their lips together for a hungry kiss. Embry threaded his fingers in Conner’s thick hair and deepened the kiss. This kiss was everything Embry hoped for, passionate, wet and warm.

Embry zoned out all gasps, hateful remarks, murmurs and everything happening around. His full concentration was on those demanding lips sealed against his.

Unfortunately, the need to breathe made them pull away. They both smiled at each other like a blissful couple. Conner brushed his fingers against Embry’s cheek. “Let’s get out of here.”

The whispers turned into shouts. People around them began to stand up.

“Where do you wanna go?” Embry asked, his fingers still meandering through Conner’s hair.

“I think you said something about the mountains.”

Embry smiled. Conner took a step back laced their fingers together and said, “Let’s run away to those fucking mountains… to our happily ever after.”

They raced out of the church, not giving a damn about the heavy rain, or anything, or anyone else, and never letting go of each other’s hand.

They were laughing, occasionally assuring each other with their loving glances that things would be fine, as long as they were together things would always be fine.

Embry and Conner were madly in love. They, mostly Embry, had made some mistakes, but they had got their senses back in time, and finally ended up together. They were headed to their happily ever after.

If this was Embry and Conner’s story then it would be The End, but this is not their story.

This is the story of Joel, Embry’s best friend, who believes in fairytales and happy endings.

This is the story of Armaan, Embry’s last one-night stand, who’s a playboy and actually famous as a one-night stand guy.

This is the story of Nathan, the taxi driver, whose life revolves around his wife and daughter.

And, this is the story of Alex, the guy with the golden heart, who was rejected by Conner and left behind at the altar, all alone.

 

TBC.

 

Tell me what you all think about the chapter as your views make me improve my writing.
A very special :thankyou: to William King who edited this chapter. He provided the finesse this chapter needed. I can't thank him enough.
And :thankyou: everyone for reading :) 
Copyright © 2017 sacredlove; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I suppose even the editor is allowed to comment, because I really only stepped in to tidy up the chapter which was already written, just to make it easier to read.

 

What I liked about the start of this book was that it had a feeling of being raw. The protagonist in chapter one falls into having a one night stand because he wants sex - wants to get fucked. There is no apology from the author who writes the sexual side of this story as casually as the rest of life, having sex would seem to be (for our protagonist) the same as eating and breathing.

 

It is not difficult to see that some readers might be put off by such basic sentiments and even, perhaps, affronted by the confrontation at the altar in front of the pastor and packed congregation, when our protagonist once again has no qualms in stating his sexual desire - it's there presented for all the world to know.

 

The twist at the end of the chapter - a chapter which has built up, layer upon layer, to a crescendo, tense and exciting - the twist suddenly lurches the whole story into a multitude of new directions. And that is unique, and very clever, and I would read the chapter just to arrive at that finally. But of course, once you arrive there, you will find it very difficult not to read on, because you will, dear reader, have been captured by your own desire to know how their lives turn out.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, William King said:

I suppose even the editor is allowed to comment, because I really only stepped in to tidy up the chapter which was already written, just to make it easier to read.

 

What I liked about the start of this book was that it had a feeling of being raw. The protagonist in chapter one falls into having a one night stand because he wants sex - wants to get fucked. There is no apology from the author who writes the sexual side of this story as casually as the rest of life, having sex would seem to be (for our protagonist) the same as eating and breathing.

 

It is not difficult to see that some readers might be put off by such basic sentiments and even, perhaps, affronted by the confrontation at the altar in front of the pastor and packed congregation, when our protagonist once again has no qualms in stating his sexual desire - it's there presented for all the world to know.

 

The twist at the end of the chapter - a chapter which has built up, layer upon layer, to a crescendo, tense and exciting - the twist suddenly lurches the whole story into a multitude of new directions. And that is unique, and very clever, and I would read the chapter just to arrive at that finally. But of course, once you arrive there, you will find it very difficult not to read on, because you will, dear reader, have been captured by your own desire to know how their lives turn out.

 

 

 Thank you William for your help and this insightful review. At first I wanted to dive right into the story from the very first chapter but then I thought of introducing my characters in a different way and hence came along this idea.Well, I will disclose more about the characters in coming chapters and, of course, you would be the first one to know :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm glad Embry got there in time, but I can't help feeling that Connor was kind of a dick leaving Alex standing there. I know all the pain Connor felt after Embry  said no and I think its a little messed up that Connor so easily forgave him. I look forward to future chapters

  • Like 3
Link to comment

The story description, name and even the layout of whose story this is don't quite fit together.  At this point the only person I could see with a desire for revenge might be Alex.  Its all very perplexing at this point.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

I'm glad Embry got there in time, but I can't help feeling that Connor was kind of a dick leaving Alex standing there. I know all the pain Connor felt after Embry  said no and I think its a little messed up that Connor so easily forgave him. I look forward to future chapters 

Thank you Wesley for your review. Yep, I agree Conner was a total a** leaving Alex behind but you will know a lot of things about Alex and Conner in next chapter. Conner is maybe a dick but he cares about Alex and he will redeem himself in future. Just wait and you will be surprised.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

The story description, name and even the layout of whose story this is don't quite fit together.  At this point the only person I could see with a desire for revenge might be Alex.  Its all very perplexing at this point. 

Thank you for your review, Spikey.

I know everything is confusing at the moment but in next two chapters all the main characters will be linked together within a night and things will begin to make sense. So be patient, several facts are yet to be revealed :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What got me about Conner wss he claimed to have loved Embry enough to want to marry him but only waited 6 months to find someone else and plan a wedding. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
43 minutes ago, Crazyd1965 said:

What got me about Conner wss he claimed to have loved Embry enough to want to marry him but only waited 6 months to find someone else and plan a wedding. 

 Well, you will find out the reason why Conner was marrying Alex in the next chapter which would clear things up. Thank you for the review . And I promise things will make more sense in coming chapters. Keep reading :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Left at the altar, that is painful.  I feel for Alex because being left alone on a day you were ready to commit to someone you love is truly heartbreaking. Embry is brave for going after he wants, and Conner is one of those fickle people isn't he? :) Don't know whether to like him or be wary of him....great start!

Edited by lilansui
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..