Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Flight of freedom - 3. Chapter 3

Unexpected declarations...

Jayden

It felt like there was nothing. Everything was still. Nothing stirred.

I opened my eyes and began to take in the view. The clouds were rolling by underneath me like little sheep roaming through fields. I flexed my wings and lifted myself higher into the sky. It had been a few hours since my small outburst with Dad. I needed that beautiful boy in my arms where he belongs. I didn’t want to stay away from him.

I frowned. This wasn’t fair. I knew it was selfish but I needed him to love me and be completely mine. I moved my left wing slightly and began to fly in a small arc. Nothing was said about not visiting him at night. Perhaps I could...

I dismissed the thought as soon as it began to cross my mind. What if he saw me? He had heard my brothers. He must be a strong shifter. On the ground I saw the small camping lantern that I used when I went out on my nightly flights.

Tilting my wings slightly, I began to spiral down to earth, just as I had done in my dream except, this time, Emmett wasn’t here. A short distance before reaching the ground I twisted in the air like a gymnast and landed perfectly on my feet.

Chuckling slightly at my own audacity, I walked towards the tree line where I had set up my small two-man tent.

My dream was always on my mind. It was beautiful. We were free falling through the sky. Emmett was below me. The sun shone down onto his back, his body was beautiful. When he rolled onto his back my eyes were instantly drawn to his handsome face. His eyes told me that he was cautious, maybe even afraid. We reached for each other and began our descent back to earth. I remember our kiss. Mmmm. It was out of this world. His lips were so soft to the touch. Then he pushed me away.

I remembered waking up to the hardest case of morning wood that I have ever had. I didn’t even need to touch myself to finish what the dream had started. Just thinking of Emmett and his gorgeous body made my world explode.

And it still did, I realised as I looked down to pull on my shoes before starting on my walk home. Smiling as I thought of finally being able to hold him I set off back towards the house. As I was walking I began thinking of Emmett and how my world was beginning to revolve around him. He was my centre of gravity. Is that how Dad felt when he first met my mum?

I knew what my dad said made sense. I had to stay away; it was for our own good, but I had to try and see him again. I stripped my shoes off again, leapt into the sky, unfurled my wings and ascended to the tops of the trees. Moving silently across the treetops I made my way to the path, which the twins had followed Emmett on.

It was easy to find. My avian sense of smell made everything sharper; I easily detected Brian’s scent. After following Brian’s scent for a few yards, I caught a new, somewhat earthy, scent. It was faint. Following Brian’s scent, the earthy scent became stronger and made my crotch feel increasingly tight. It was divine -- earthy and definitely sweet. Increasing my speed I quickly came to the end of the path and came upon a small house.

I could hear two steady heartbeats within. Leaving Brian’s scent behind, I flew up to the roof of the house and carefully set myself down. I couldn’t let anyone see that I was here.

As I crept over the roof to the front of the house, the scent grew increasingly stronger. Whoever it was – it just had to be Emmett! – had been here recently, standing on this very edge. I looked down to see a small windowsill. Could this be Emmett’s bedroom window? I used my wings to silence my jump and landed on the small ledge. Good thing I could fly away if it broke under me.

It was now that my subconscious started to yell. I shouldn’t be here! If my mum or dad found out I would surely be forbidden to fly ever again. But I really wanted to see Emmett. I sighed. This was such a hard decision to make. Should I try and see him at night or should I just be grateful that I could smell his scent?

Dropping my head to my chest I decided that inhaling just a trace of his scent was better than never being allowed out again. Being allowed out meant that I could try to spot him or at least fly by to catch his amazing scent again. While I was making up my mind I heard a voice murmuring quietly from inside the bedroom.

“Where were you today, Mr Pine?” It was Emmett’s voice! My heart stopped. Had I been too loud? My blood turned to ice, had he spotted me? Damn!

“You’re not like your brothers, ya know. You’re different, Piney.” His voice sounded drowsy. Okay, he was probably talking in his sleep. Phew.

I quietly jumped back up on the roof and tried to listen for more of his dream talk.

“I kissed you the other day. Did you know that, Jayden?”

Emmett had kissed me? What on earth was he talking about? At first, I gaped at the words but only a second later I felt a huge smile start to form.

“We were flying; you had beautiful wings but then we fell down.”

Surprised again, I felt my smile slowly disappear. We had had the same dream?

I drew my knees up to my chest and sat there thinking about how that was even possible. It wasn’t, surely? I needed to get some answers.

Inhaling Emmett’s scent one last time, I threw myself into the air and flew back into the night sky. Reaching my bedroom window I dropped down and walked straight over to the small bathroom that was connected to my room. I stripped off all of my clothes leaving them discarded on the floor, started the shower, and jumped straight into the warming water.

How could it be possible that we had had the same kind of dream? I mean I'm happy that he had had it but it’s still a shock. My brain lingered on the dream for a while longer and my hand wandered down south. Realising what I was about to do, I tried to restrain myself. It was hard, very hard but eventually everything calmed down. I wanted to wait. I wanted to do this with Emmett and waiting was a small price to pay. I quickly washed, then stepped out and walked over to the bathroom mirror.

As I looked into the mirror I suddenly felt the onset of butterflies in my stomach. I may not have the body of a God but I worked out weekly; I went for runs with my bros because it was easy and fun. I mused at the thought of being nervous. Could Emmett love me as much as I did him? But what if he didn’t? Looking at my hands I began to think of why he might not like me.

My hands are scarred; I have had these scars for years. Playing with my lynx brothers has scarred my hands and a few places on my body but that might be something that could freak Emmett out. Or maybe he might see it as a hideous flaw?

Also, I'm twenty-one years old and he’s only eighteen. Would our age gap bother him? As I thought about it, I ran my hand down my naked chest coming to a stop at my nicely defined abs.

I scolded myself for being nervous. I was his, he was mine, and all the insecurities I had were unimportant. Whether Emmett wanted it or not he was now all mine. No one else can have him intimately; no one else could have his heart, soul or body. As the thought came into my head I could feel myself tense up. My boy was mine and I was going to have him soon.

Emmett

College was weirdly quiet on Wednesday morning. Nearly everyone I knew was here except Jayden. Of course. No one knew when he was coming back, which annoyed me because I wanted to see him again even if he didn’t speak to me. Since my dream with that kiss in it, I had become strangely drawn to him. The only way I could describe it was thinking about how girls act with the boy bands they love. But what I felt was true love, not just a crush. I sighed quietly. He could never want me the same way I wanted him. I really wanted him. I even needed him.

Wednesday lunch was my gym time and it would give me a chance to sort all the shit that was in my head. I loved the treadmill. The rhythm of one foot in front of the other repeatedly kept my body busy so my mind could focus on my problems. I became aware of someone starting up the machine next to me and looked over to see who it was. It was John Peterson.

I started to slow my machine, wanting nothing but to jump off and move to another. As I was about to come to a complete stop he grabbed my wrist.

“We need to talk, Emmett.” He sounded so serious that I looked up into his face. His face showed no emotion whatsoever but his eyes were like open books. He looked worried and there was a hint of something else. John has never wanted to talk to me before… What exactly could I do for him?

I sighed and started up my machine again. When he released my arm from his vice-like grip, I could tell there was going to be a bruise.

“What do you want? I have no money on me today and I still haven’t done some of my homework so you can’t copy.” I saw what I thought to be a look of shame cross his face.

Then he looked up to my face and smiled shyly. Okay. This was starting to get really weird.

“That’s not why I'm here, Emmett.”

I slowed down my machine by a fraction and stared ahead as I replied, “Then what is this about?”

He remained quiet for too long, so I turned my head slightly. To my surprise, he blushed. But then his voice took on a hard edge. “I'm here to tell you something really serious so don’t fucking laugh.” And that’s exactly what I did. I laughed at him for trying to be serious and macho while we were running.

Regaining some control over myself, I said, “Sorry I couldn’t help it.” I looked away from him as I could feel his eyes lingering on my face. I was so completely absorbed in trying to keep myself under control that I almost missed what he whispered just before he left.

“I want you.”

I was stunned. There’s no way I could have heard that right. John wanted me? Where the hell was the John that pushed me into my locker every chance he could? I stepped off the treadmill and reached down to grab my water bottle. As I rose up, I saw Michael staring at me with a worried look on his face. Then the worried look turned to anger.

I glanced at the clock, ran towards the locker room, and headed off to take what I had planned to be a very quick shower. I didn’t want to see Michael and I definitely did not want to see John.

But I wasn’t that lucky. John walked under the showerhead next to me and cleared his throat so he knew I knew he was there. He wasn’t going to let me go until he has said his piece. He was silent for so long I thought he was dozing whilst standing. I jumped when he finally found his voice.

“I know you heard me back there, Emmett. I meant what I said. I. Want. You.” He said the last three words with such determination that it was hard not to believe him.

“Are you on drugs?” I asked as I finished washing my chest. “Because if you are I seriously suggest that you stop.”

He laughed uneasily. “No, I'm not doing drugs. I just want you to know how I feel.” The look on my face must have said it all because he quickly added, “I know I've been a jerk towards you for years but I had to let you know.”

He sighed and pressed his back against the wall. The water dropped down his neck and I followed the droplets with my eyes as they trickled down his smooth chest. I pried my eyes away from them as soon as they reached his bellybutton. I had a thing for treasure trails and I did not want to pop a woody while showering. I'm sure he would get the wrong idea.

I stayed silent as I washed my hair. I tried to think this through. I didn’t trust him. He had made my life hell; I had no friends because of him. The only point in his favour was that, because of his bullying, I needed to protect myself. So I worked out a lot and as a result had a decent-looking body.

Finally I spoke up. “I’m sorry but I just can’t believe you. There has been just too much shit that has gone on for me to even trust you.” I looked up and met his eyes. They hardened and I braced myself for the punch, which was surely coming my way. But instead, he reached out a finger and trailed it down my arm; it was barely touching yet it sent tingles straight down to my groin.

I pulled away before I let out an embarrassing moan. I turned off the shower and made my way towards the changing cubicles. As I left the showers I saw Brian. He was talking into the phone that was pressed up against his ear while he pulled a grey t-shirt over his muscled arms. As I passed, he muttered a small “hey” and carried on talking. When I had the changing room door shut I heard Brian raise his voice just a smidge while he spoke.

“Calm down, Jay. I couldn’t smell anything. He’s clean and they barely spoke while they were alone. I promise.” He must have been speaking to Jayden. But who were they talking about? Dismissing their conversation I set about getting dried and dressed for the rest of the afternoon’s lessons. As I left the cubicle I glanced around and saw Brian and Michael heatedly talking near the showers, while John was slowly drying himself and staring at me. Damn, today was confusing; I couldn’t wait to get home.

By the end of the day I had had enough of everyone’s shit. I was in a foul mood. John kept ogling me. Every time Michael and Brian saw me they would stop any conversation they had and then restart their conversation once I had passed by. Leaving the college’s front doors was the best thing that happened all day.

Now that I was outside I let my mind wander away from all the weirdness that happened today. The day was sunny and everything felt cheerful out here. That made me smile as I made my way home. At least the rest of the world was not being weird.

I walked through the woods on the way back to my house and unlike yesterday, today I heard the birds singing to their heart’s content. To them, today was like any typical day. They were everywhere. Crows cawed loudly from the treetops while little sparrows and finches tweeted away happily. It was beautiful.

In the last stretch of path before I reached my house I felt a sudden pain shoot through my body. Heat began rising up my back and into the base of my skull. Starting to panic, I sat down under a tree and waited for the pain to subside. But it only got worse. A small ache started to spread through my hands and feet. It felt like someone was squeezing my hands too tightly. As I looked down at my hands I noticed that the bones were moving. It was happening so slowly that I thought I was hallucinating. Suddenly, my vision went white.

Jayden

I felt sorry for Emmett; he had no idea what was going on around him. He didn’t even know that I was never far away. He was clueless. The poor guy now had John vying for his attention. This made me so fucking angry that I saw red every time I thought about it, which was constant since Emmett was always on my mind. Although I was annoyed, I could see why someone else wanted my Emmett.

Having Michael and Brian follow Emmett home yesterday was an easy job. All they had to do was make sure that he got home safely. But today, I wanted to tail him. I was quickly becoming obsessed. I smelt the fear before I even rounded the last lot of trees in the woods. My boy was in trouble!

I could feel my own unease crawling up my chest as I ran around the last of the trees. Was Emmett hurt? My eyes darted everywhere as I tried to find him. Where the hell was he? I heard a small whimper come from behind a tree and ran toward it. I found Emmett lying on the ground. His face was crunched up in pain as his bones shifted throughout his body. Crouching down I let my hand touch his forehead. He was burning up. This wasn’t good.

I knew that all shifters went through this stage. It was a genetic battle that determined what animal was going to be the more dominant. The process was always harder for hybrid kids. I sighed. What was I going to do? I wanted to take him back to my room and care for him but my parents weren’t going to be happy if I did. Damn shifter hierarchy!

Clenching my fists in frustration, I turned my head to the sky and waited for an answer. But before I could even come up with an idea I felt a shove from behind me. Landing on the ground I raised my arm to protect my face. When my eyes had adjusted to the light I could see a very unhappy Mum.

“It’s not what you think, Mum.” She was fuming. Her wings were extended and her nails were quickly turning into claws.

“What have you done to the boy, Jayden? Tell me now!”

I turned my head away and whispered sadly, “Nothing. And I don’t know what to do now.”

Looking back to meet her gaze I noticed her wings quickly disappear into her back. Reaching down she hauled me to my feet.

“Did you think that I wouldn’t notice your scent all around here? You’re my son, Jayden. I know you inside and out.” She looked up into my eyes and I could see that she was no longer angry with me. Seeing her concern I turned away to hide my agitation.

“What happened to your mate, sweetheart?” I spun around and looked her straight in the eye.

“How did you know?”

She smiled. “I have known since the night you came home from college. I could smell someone very faintly on your brother. He smelt like an avianthrope so I assumed that the smell belonged to your mate.” I was shocked again at the honesty I heard in my mum’s voice.

I looked down at the young body that belonged to my mate. He still seemed in pain but his bones had finished moving about. I sighed. This was going to be hard for him and I knew that I wouldn’t be able to be there for him.

“Do you know what he is? He is good looking. Might be an owl?” I looked back towards my mum and I could see happiness in her eyes. Being an eagle, my mum was a strong woman. She was a force of nature, yet she was so loving and gentle too.

I voiced my concerns, however. “I don’t know, Mum. I'm worried though. What if he doesn’t accept me?” I felt my voice crack near the end. I felt so lonely not being able to hold onto him. I wanted to fly and hunt with him, and to love him like no other person could.

“Awww, darling, come here,” I approached her open arms and rested my head on her small shoulder. “He will love you no matter what, sweetheart. Trust me.”

I felt a lone tear run down my neck as my mum hugged me. It had been years since I had had this sort of contact with her. It was nice.

After a couple of seconds I felt her stiffen up; she was in business mode now.

“Right, I know this sounds bad but we need to leave him here.” My mouth dropped open at the idea. Why the hell would we leave him this way? He’s already hurting and he could be in further danger! As if reading my mind, she continued with, “Find his phone and text his mother. She can find him and deal with him herself.”

Although I disagreed I could see some of the reasoning behind her idea. If we took him home it might look weird. Emmett probably knew that he hadn’t made it to his house so suddenly finding himself in his bed would only cause him more stress. Getting stressed at a time like this would only make things worse. Starting the change was hard and the boy needed his mother with him.“

Fine, we will leave him here but I'm watching over him.” I didn’t add ‘whether you like it or not’ because I didn’t want to argue now. Those days of being a cold-hearted ass were over. As my mum left I found Emmett’s phone and sent a quick text to his mum saying that he didn’t feel too well.

Running my fingers over his forehead I noticed he had relaxed and seemed to be sleeping. He looked perfect. Crouching down I gently pressed my lips to his brow but regretted it instantly. Groaning I stood up and tried to readjust the hardness that had started to form inside my jeans. While I was looking down I noticed Emmett’s arousal also. He truly was unflawed. And he was all mine. I smiled at the thought and slowly climbed a nearby tree so I could wait for his mum to find him.

Emmett was still out cold thirty minutes later. This was normal for young shifters, although they usually started this part of the change while their parents were with them. His phone rang a lot while I waited. I guessed that it was his mum trying to find out where he was. Ten minutes later I heard his name being shouted. A minute or so after that I finally saw Emmett’s mum. She looked extremely worried. As soon as her eyes found her son, relief flooded her face. Grunting slightly as she picked him up, she managed to get Emmett back to the house.

I jumped up into the sky and let my wings shoot out. As I flew back home I wondered how long it would be until I could hold my boy...

Thank you for sticking with me and reading the lastest instalment of TFOF smile.png
Copyright © 2014 ShadowAscender; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Why the hell would John confess his feelings (for lack of a better word), to Emmett? Was he tormenting and bullying him BECAUSE he liked him? Or did he just wake up that day and decide he wanted him? lol

 

Well, it doesn't really matter - John will never get Emmett; Jayden will see to that. lol

 

I just hope Emmett isn't too freaked out when he wakes up and he's in his shifter body - whatever he shifted into. At least he already knows about his wings. lol

 

Great chapter, Shadow! :2thumbs:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..