Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 5,075 Words
  • 2,439 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My First Christmas In Five Years - 1. Chapter 1

My First Christmas In Five Years

 

Two days before Christmas:

“It’s about time you got here.”

“Why are you not in Seattle? Your parents are going to worry about you not being there by the time they expect you, then they will be calling here asking me all kinds of questions. I am not going to cover for you with them.”

“Yes you will and you know it. I wanted to talk to you before I left so I had to wait until you got here.”

“What did you want?”

“I was wondering if you would come with me this year to my parents’ house. I don’t like you being here all by yourself for the holidays and you know my parents would like to see you.”

“No, I am fine staying here, plus I have to work.”

“You could call in and ask them to have the time off.”

“No, I want to work. I could use the extra pay and I don’t want to spend Christmas with anybody’s family. So you go get in your car and get on the road. I am going to stay here and work on my story and go to work just like any other day.”

“You sure? I can stay here with you. My parents’ would understand and excuse me for not being there this year.”

“Nope I want to be by myself for Christmas. So please just go to your parents. I need this time for myself, I’ll be ok.”

“Ok, if my folks call tell them I will be there but I got a late start.”

“Ok will do, be careful and call me when you get there.”

As Darrin walked out the door I walked into the kitchen and looked in the icebox to see if there was something there I could fix myself for dinner. With not seeing anything appetizing I went into my room to change clothes. I can’t believe another Christmas without my family around to celebrate with. You would think that after 5 years they would accept my way of life.

I decided I would go grab some fast food then come back and work on the story I have been writing, I want to get it posted in GA before Christmas. I have three chapters done, only one more to go hopefully, depends on how I want it to end.

I went to Jack-n-box to get a hamburger and fries, ya I know not a healthy dinner but I did not want to cook anything. I got in line to order, the guy in front of me smelled damn good. Nicely dressed, dishwater blond, about two inches shorter than me, nice bubble ass, and muscle’s all in the right places, well on the backside anyways. Ok Cody get your head out of the gutter, the guy is probably married. The guy got his order in and turned around and looked at me. I sucked in some air and about dropped my jaw. OMG what a hunk.

I got my order in, then turned around and the guy was still there standing off to the side. His phone rang and I could not resist listening in to his side of the call.

“Hey, ya I am waiting on my food…no, I am going home…no I want to be alone…my family can just leave me alone…no I am not going home for Christmas…I will be fine, it’s not any different than any other holiday with them….ya mom does not like that she will not be getting any grandkids from me…I know…I will find somebody sooner or later…you and Gloria can have the kids and I will spoil them rotten…ha ha no but soon…ok I will talk to you later…ya I will be ok…bye.”

I looked the other way with a smile on my face so the guy could not see that I was listening in on him. When I turned back to look at him he was staring at me, I smiled at him and I got a smile back from him. His order was called up, then mine was called up. He was standing at the counter like he was waiting on something. “Hey are you eating by yourself?”

“Ya, I am.” I said as I picked up my tray of food.

“Would you mind if I sat with you, I hate to eat alone?”

“Sure, no problem. Name’s Cody.”

“Hi, name’s Adam.”

We went and found a table to sit at. “I’m not usually like this but, I really do hate to eat alone. Hope I am not overstepping myself here.”

“No your fine. I don’t like to eat alone either but, have been doing it for so long now, I have gotten used to it. I guess you have figured out that I was ease dropping in on your phone conversation,” He started laughing when I said that.

“Ya I saw you standing there,” Adam was still chuckling with him catching me.

“Oh well, guess I am not as slick as I thought I was being,” I said laughing.

“So, did you hear something that caught your attention?” Adam said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

“Oh ya I sure did,” I said laughing at his antics. “I hope I heard right.”

“Ya you heard right. I am gay, and my mom is always trying to get me hooked up with a woman. She thinks I need some kids, but that is not going to happen unless my partner and I adopt some,” Adam said, not uncomfortable saying any of it.

“Ya, I don’t have to worry about that. My parents don’t care one way or the other, in regards to me having kids of my own,” I said looking down at my hamburger, not really wanting to eat it now that I got it in front of me. Ya see, I have not seen any of my family members in five years. They all disowned me when I came out of the closet at the age of seventeen. My parents let me finish my last two months of high school, then I was kicked out of the house and I have not put my foot back in it since then.

“Hey you ok there?” Adam asked me “Sorry if I said something wrong.”

“No it is not you, I was just thinking back to the last time I saw my family. So you’re not going to your families place this Christmas?” I asked with a half-smile.

“No, I’m going to stay home. I put a little tree up and I am going to buy a dinner at Yoke’s for me to eat Christmas day. I am sure Paul and Gloria will be by sometime to be with me but other than that I am going to stay in all day and hibernate in front of the TV. What have you got planned?”

“I will probably be in front of my computer writing. My roommate went to his parent’s house, and I have to work tomorrow but I have Christmas day off. I have not done anything for any holiday since I left home. It is not the same anymore so I just work and write during the holidays.”

“Can I ask why? If I am being to nosey just tell me it is none of my business and I will shut up,” Adam asked me with a concerned look.

“No it is ok, I don’t hide myself anymore. My family kicked me out when I was seventeen, I had just graduated from high school and the next day my mom packed up my room and told me that her son is dead and for me not to call or come back, that I was on my own. My dad met me at the door with a check and told me that it was my college fund and not to come back for anymore and he did not want to know anything about my life. So I left Spokane and came here to the Tri-Cities and got me a job and an apartment and I have been on my own since then. Christmas to me is to be with family, so since I don’t have one I don’t celebrate the holidays anymore,” I told Adam with watery eyes.

“I am so sorry that happened to you. You have to remember that it’s their loss when they did that to you. You did nothing wrong when you told them that you’re gay. It is people like that, that needs to have their head’s examined and realize that god made us this way and it is not wrong for a man to love another man. How would you like to come over to my place and spend the day with me? I know we just met and all but I think we could be friends for the holiday so neither one of us will be alone. I might not be your family but I would like to be a friend,” Adam put his hand on the table, palm up, looking at me.

I put my hand on top of his looking at him, I did not realize I had tears on my cheek until he caressed my cheek with his finger. “I’m sorry, sometimes it hits me pretty hard not being able to see my brother and sisters. I know when they get old enough they will try and find me but it is still hard some days knowing my parents don’t love me anymore,” I said looking at Adam then looking down at my hand intertwined with his. When I looked up at his face he had the biggest smile on his face. “What is that smile for?”

“My Christmas wish is coming true.”

“I think my wish from five years ago might come true too,” I said looking into his eyes and liking what I was seeing in them. “Would you like to get out of here and come by my place so we can talk more, unless you have another place to be? I can’t stay up to late since I have to work in the morning but I would like to talk and get to know you a little more. If that is ok with you?”

“Ya that would be fine, did you walk or bring your car?”

“I walked, I only live two blocks over so I walk when I can.”

“I walked too, so I guess we can just walk by your place then I will let you know the directions to my place so you can come over on Christmas morning,” Adam said getting up and throwing away his trash. I followed suit and tossed my trash away too.

When we got to my place, I got us some tea and we sat and talked for a couple hours. He told me about his family and where he worked which turned out to be only about a mile from my office. He worked for the Tri-City Harold as an editor for the town newspaper. I thought that was ironic since I am a writer and a computer tech.

I talked about my job and what I write about. He wanted to look at my work so I gave him the Gay Authors site address so he could go in and read what I have posted. Oh and I gave him my site name since I don’t use my real name in there. I think if I used my real name there could be some back lash if anybody at work googled me and saw that I was a member in a gay web site. So I told him I keep my private life out of work.

“What time do you get up for work? I don’t want to over stay my welcome and then you will be tired at work,” Adam said.

I looked over at him and told him “I get up at 7am, I try and get in bed by 11 so we are fine. Unless you have to go!”

“No I am fine, I like talking to you. I know this is going to sound corny but I need to say this, ok?” Adam said taking a hold of my hand since we were sitting side by side on the couch, it was easy for him to touch me.

“You can say anything you like to,” I said squeezing his hand encouraging him to continue.

“When I saw you standing in line behind me, I thought I was dreaming when I looked at you. Then when we were sitting at the table talking and when our hands linked together I knew I was not dreaming with the sparks going thur my hand. I guess what I am trying to say is I would like to see where this (he pointed to him and me) is going to go. I know we just met but I feel a correlation here and I’m hoping you feel it too,” Adam said with a big smile. “I don’t want you to think badly of me saying that, but I believe we could be good friends, maybe more, time will tell on that.”

“I thought I was the only one that felt the instant connection between us, I’m glad I’m not. I would like very much to be your friend and possible more if that is what happens. I have not had a partner in two years so I am kind of rusty on this, so forgive me if I say or do something goofy,” I squeezed Adam’s hand then leaned over and kissed his cheek. When I leaned back from doing that looking into his eyes I saw how that kiss affected him. “I’m sorry if I was to forward.”

“No, you did just fine. I would like this better,” Adam put both his hands on my cheeks and gave me a lip kiss. I opened my lips and I got the kiss from heaven. I think I could start too really liking these kisses.

I broke the kiss looking into his eyes “I could get hooked on those kisses of yours. WOW,” I gave him a lingering lip kiss and put my arms around his neck, running my hands through his hair.

“I hope you are feeling the same thing I am Cody?” Adam wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his head on my shoulder nibbling on my neck.

“I know we just met but when I have these feelings, and they are strong feelings. I don’t want to let you go, afraid this is only a dream and I am going to wake up heartbroken with you gone,” I told Adam kissing the side of his head getting closer to his ear nipping it with my teeth.

“That is doing something to me that if we don’t stop I will not be able to hold back from ravishing that gorgeous body of yours,” Adam chuckled then let go of me standing up.

“You not leaving are you? Sit back down and I will keep my hands to myself. I promise,” I said with a grin.

“Don’t promise something like that when I want them hands of yours all over my body. But I think we need to take it slow so neither one of us gets hurt if this friendship goes south, which I am not saying that is going to happen. I want you to get to know me and same for me about knowing you. I am trying real hard here to be good on this,” Adam grabbed my hand and pulled me up to stand in front of him. He draped his arms on my shoulders giving me a light kiss. “Please believe that I am not going to disappear on you. I think I have found my partner that I could fall in love with and spend the rest of my life with. I really want to see if this will work for us. Ok?” Adam said giving me another lip kiss.

“Ya, I would like to see if this is what we want. I want to be with you but I too do want to take it slow to see if this is what we both want. In just the few hours that I have known you, you have taken a piece of my heart. I don’t know if you want that piece or not but I know I want a piece of your heart to possibly love and cherish,” I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug to let him know that what I said came from the heart.

Adam and I stood in the middle of my living room just holding onto one another not saying anything. I was listening to his heartbeat, it was so soothing like a soft melody singing to me. “You make me believe in wishes.”

“I could say the same about you Cody. You are the man I have been looking for, I can just feel it deep in my soul that you are my life partner,” Adam said looking at me with the most loving eyes I have ever saw. He had glossy eyes.

“Sh Sh, we will work it all out and I am not going anywhere Adam, and that is a promise I can keep. You have placed a spell on me and you can’t have it back, I want it to stay right where it is at,” I held onto him a little longer then stepped back. “Would you like some more tea?”

“No, it is getting late and I think you need to get some sleep for work tomorrow and I need to get home and get some sleep to. Give me your cell number and I will call you when I get home then you can call me before you head off to work. What time are getting off work tomorrow?” Adam was holding his cell waiting on me.

I gave him my cell number. “Ya I guess I should get some sleep. You make sure you call when you get home, so I know you made it ok. I get off at five tomorrow, might be earlier if there is not a whole lot to do. I can call when I get off work and if you want we can make plans for tomorrow night. I just need to get this last chapter done then I will be free for the evening,” I walked him to the door holding his hand.

He let go of my hand and wrapped his arms around me giving me a tongue kiss, which I did not want to end, but it had to. “I will call when I get home. You make sure you get to bed so you can get some rest,” he said opening the door.

“I will put my phone by the bed so I don’t have to get up to answer it. Be careful please,” I said giving him a final kiss for the night.

Adam smiled closing the door.

Cody locked up and went did his restroom business and got in bed thinking about Adam with a smile on his face. He just put his head on the pillow and his phone rang. “Hi, you made it home ok?”

“Ya I did, you in bed like I hope you are?”

“Yes I just laid my head down when you called.”

“Good.”

We talked for a few more minutes’ about what they want to do tomorrow night, which they decided to just stay in and watch a movie at Adam’s place.

“Well we better get off this phone so you can get some sleep. Call me before you leave in the morning.”

“It will be about 7:30 if that is not too early. I could just call you after I get to work so I don’t wake you up on your day off.”

“No call at that time, it would be fine if you wake me up. But I will probably be awake anyways. I don’t sleep late even on my days off.”

“Ok I will call you before I leave. I had better go. Good night, sweet dreams.”

“Good night, you have sweet dreams too.”

                                                           

                                                         **************************************

 

Cody woke up before his alarm went off. He laid there thinking just maybe his life is going to turn around for him now since he met Adam. He called Adam at 7:30, they talked for 15 minutes then he went to work.

This is so boring and the clock is going so slow, it is not even noon yet and I am ready to leave if only his boss would let him. He was told that if nothing else came by noon they could close shop and go home for the holidays. Which nothing did so he shut everything down and locked his desk and went home.

“Hey, you busy?” I asked Adam when I called him to let him know I was home.

“No, just cleaning the apartment. Where you at, still at work?”

“Nope, I just got home. We closed shop since it was slow.”

“So you have rest of the day to yourself?” Adam asked.

“Ya, going to finish my story then see about something to eat.”

“Did you still want to come over when you get done? I could fix us something to eat here if you want to have dinner with me for two nights in a row.”

“Ya I would like that since it is Christmas Eve. Do you want me to bring anything?”

“No I have everything here, just bring yourself.”

“Ok I’ll be there about six.”

“Adam what are you listening to?”

“To the stereo, I really like this song.”

 

You Had Me From Hello:

One word, that's all you said,
Something in your voice caused me to turn my head.
Your smile, just captured me,
And you were in my future far as I could see.
And I don't know how it happened, but it happens still.
You asked me if I love you, if I always will...

Well, you had me from "Hello"
And I felt love start to grow.
The moment that I looked into your eyes, you won me.
It was over from the start.
You completely stole my heart,
And now you won't let go.
I never even had a chance you know.
You had me from "Hello".

Inside, I built a wall,
So high around my heart I thought I'd never fall.
One touch, you brought it down.
The bricks of my defenses scattered on the ground.
And I swore to me I wasn't gonna love again.
The last time was the last time I'd let someone in...

But, you had me from "Hello",
And I felt the love start to grow.
The moment that I looked into your eyes, you won me.
It was over from the start.
You completely stole my heart,
And now you won’t let go.
I never even had a chance you know.
You had me from "Hello".
That's all You said.
Something in your voice caused me to turn my head.
You had me from "Hello".
You had me from "Hello".
Man, I've loved you from...
"Hello".

“I really like it too,” Cody said with watery eyes.

“I will be there when I get done here.”

“Ok see ya in a bit.”

Cody hung up the phone looking at his computer. He set down and opened up the file to his story. He needed to get this done so he could start thinking about his next story which he already had the lay out for it.

Cody left the apartment happy that he posted his story in time, now he could put all his attention on Adam. Adam answered the door when he knocked. “Hi there.”

“Hi Cody, come on in. Dinner is almost done.”

“Good I am hungry,” Cody said walking in the door smiling.

“Follow me handsome and I’ll feed you after I get something first,” Adam put his hand on Cody’s cheek and leaned forward giving him a kiss.

“Wow, can I have another one of those? Sure did miss them today,” Cody said when Adam ended the kiss looking at him.

“Come on handsome and let me feed you then you can have as many as you want,” Adam said laughing while leading Cody into the kitchen. Adam pulled out a chair for Cody to sit down. Cody sat down with Adam giving him a kiss on the cheek smiling. “I have chops, corn on the cob, pineapple sauce. Is that fine with you?”

“Sounds real good, thanks for feeding me. I have not eat all day.”

“Why have you not ate anything? That is not healthy for you to do that,” Adam said frowning at Cody.

“I know, it is just this time of year is rough on me,” Cody said looking down at the table.

“I am here for you now so we are going to eat, then we are going to sit and watch the movies I got for us to watch. Hope this will help you and put a smile on your face,” Adam said as he was putting the food on the table smiling at Cody. Adam reached over and stroked Cody’s cheek. “Hey remember I am here ok. We can spend a quite night watching the movies and talking, and hopefully doing some cuddling,” Adam gave Cody a quick kiss on the lips.

“Sounds good, especially the cuddling part,” Cody smiled real big looking at Adam.

They ate dinner talking in between bites, cleaned the kitchen up and then went into the living to watch the movies. Cody stood there next to the couch looking at the Christmas tree with tears on his cheek. Adam look at Cody, reached out and gave him a hug saying, “Cody it is just us, if you would let me I want to make this a nice Christmas for you. Let’s watch TV and talk ok?”

Cody gave Adam a hug squeeze back then gave Adam a kiss. “I will be fine, it is just hard sometimes knowing my family has disowned me for the way god made me. It is not my fault being gay, but I could not make them understand.”

“I know sweetheart but we are together here so let’s help each other get through this, together ok?” Adam said taking Cody’s hand and sitting on the couch.

After Adam got and put in the first movie he went back and set next to Cody putting his hand on Cody’s thigh giving it a squeeze. Cody looked over at Adam smiling and saying, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome babe. Let’s get comfy and see about this movie,” Adam put himself in the corner of the couch and had Cody lay his back on his chest. Adam wrapped his arms around Cody kissing the top his head. Cody relaxed against Adam feeling that just maybe he might make it through this holiday. Cody looked back at Adam pulling him in for a long kiss that he had been waiting for since he got there.

Adam looked down at Cody smiling. “Cody you are making this Christmas the best one I have had in a real long time. I want to get to know you a lot more and I am hoping that you stay in my life to see if there is something here between us. I know it has been such a short time with us but…yes there is a but…lol…like I told you last night I have fallen for you hard and I want you in my life,” When Adam finished say this to Cody he had tear rolling down his face.

“Babe, when you came into my life last night you scared me. All I could think of, was I dreaming. Then you kissed me and I was so lost I did not know I could have the luck finding somebody that just maybe I could be happy with. I have been on cloud 9 since you turned around and smiled at me. You are the most beautiful man I have ever seen, you have my heart beating ninety miles a second when I look into those amazing eyes. It has been five years since I have been this happy with my life. I want you in my life, if you think we have a shot at this. I am just asking one big thing from you. Please tell me if I do something wrong and talk to me about, don’t just walk out on me not talking. You have made this Christmas very happy for me. So if you think you can handle me, I would love very much to be in your life. You have got part of my heart, just please don’t hurt it,” Cody said this to Adam then reached up and gave him the biggest hug and then a long hot kiss. They were both panting after that kiss.

“Cody, I want you in my life. So I know I can handle you…lol…and you have part of my heart too.”

“Merry Christmas handsome you have made my life look so much brighter.”

“Merry Christmas to you too sweetheart, you have made me the happiest man alive.”

Copyright © 2014 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a charming story. Really so touching and a delightful whirlwind romance, which happens quite often. Sometimes, you just know. Thank you so much Zandra. A nice post-Christmas treat!

Link to comment
On 01/17/2014 02:14 PM, Cole Matthews said:
What a charming story. Really so touching and a delightful whirlwind romance, which happens quite often. Sometimes, you just know. Thank you so much Zandra. A nice post-Christmas treat!
Your welcome and thanks for the review...long time no talk stranger...lol
Link to comment

Love at first bite. I mean first sight. After all, they did meet in a restaurant :P Cute and feel good story. I'll read Christmas stories anytime :music:

Link to comment
On 01/18/2014 07:04 AM, joann414 said:
Love at first bite. I mean first sight. After all, they did meet in a restaurant :P Cute and feel good story. I'll read Christmas stories anytime :music:
Thank you Joann
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..