Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 1,540 Words
  • 598 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Little Shorties - 3. My True Love

Prompt 303

My True Love

Prompt 303:

“How did you get into my room?

 

Landon felt something on his shoulder, he knocked it off but it kept coming back. He finally woke completely up looking around trying to see what it was. Then he felt it again, he turned his head and did not see anything but he felt it. He jumped out of bed, running over to the light switch to turn on the ceiling light, he felt the touch again. He looked everywhere but didn’t see anything. He ran out his door going to his parent’s door knocking real loud, to wake them up.

“Mom wake up!”

His mom opened the door half asleep. “What’s wrong?”

“Mom there is someone in my room, it woke me up but I can’t find it,” he said standing there with his body shaking like a leaf.

“Landon calm down and tell me what is wrong,” his mom said opening the door all the way. “Come in here and sit down. Your shaking like crazy, calm down and we will help you.”

He walked in seeing his dad was awake too. “Dad there is someone in my room, it touched my shoulder.” He walked over to his dad grabbing his neck, holding on for dear life.

“Calm down son, I have you. Nothing is going to get you,” his dad said rubbing his back. “Crawl in the bed and tell us what has you all shook up.”

He got in the bed between his parent’s trying to calm down. He looked at his dad, “Dad it woke me up touching my shoulder then I got up to see what it was and after I turned the ceiling light on it touched me again but there was not anybody standing there next to me.”

“Ok let me go look and see if I see anything. You stay here with your mother and I will be right back.” His dad got out of bed and went to his room.

“Mom you believe me, right?” he said looking over at his mom.

“Yes, I believe you felt something, but you need to understand that your imagination runs crazy when you are sleeping. Everything that you dream or feel it is not true or comes true. You have dreams all the time, right?” Mom said.

“Ya, so?”

“But they are just dreams, and you should not be afraid of your dreams. Your dad and I are here and we will not let anything happen to you,” his mom said holding him.

Dad came back in, “Son, I did not see or find anything in your room. Do you think you could go back to sleep?”

“Not in my room. I will go sleep on the couch.”

“No you are not sleeping on the couch Landon. Go grab your pillow and blanket and I will make you a pallet here in our room for you. You only have a couple more hours before you have to get up for church,” his mom said.

He ran to his room and grabbed his pillow and blankets closing the door behind him. Running back to his parent’s room, his body started shaking again. He was thirteen; he should not be acting this way. But this scared the crap out of him. He hoped that whatever it was, it would stay out of his room. He finally got some sleep but he was still wondering what could have been in his room.

Everybody got up and went to church and then came back to have lunch. Landon went to his room to get some homework done for school after he had his fill of lunch. He walked in looking around seeing that a few things have been moved around in his room. He turned and ran back to the kitchen where his parents were.

“Mom have you been in my room?”

“No, but I need you to get your dirty clothes so I can wash them.”

“Why would you think your mom was in your room, son?” his dad asked him.

“There are some things moved around in there. I have not had any of my friends over since last weekend so unless you or mom did it…”

“Landon, you might have done it and don’t remember,” his mom said.

“Mom, I know I did not move my tablet and my backpack. They were on my desk this morning and now my tablet is on my made bed, which I did not make up yet and my backpack is on the floor and not on my desk,” he said with a frown on his face. Not understanding why his parents did not believe him.

He went back to his room shaking his head. He picked up his tablet from his bed seeing that it was on. He swiped his finger across the screen to get it to open up. He saw there was a new book loaded. He saw that it looked like somebody had been reading it since it was on page 18, so he touched the screen for it to go to the title page and read the title “Accidents Happen” By Comicfan. This is weird, why would there be a story like this be in his tablet. He doesn’t read stories of gay fiction. If his parents found this, they would take his tablet away from him. He tried to delete it but it said he is unauthorized to delete without a passcode.

He threw the tablet back on his bed as if it had burned his hand. He looked at his hand but there was nothing wrong with it, he starting rubbing it to get the stinging feeling to go away.

He walked over to his backpack and put it back on his desk. He opened it up to get his math book out. When he put his hand in the backpack, all he found was paper, not any of his schoolbooks. He tossed all the papers out on the floor looking back in the bag. He found a little square box sitting on the bottom of the bag. He picked it up, taking the lid off seeing a little ring on a bed of cotton. Looking at the ring with a real small red stone imbedded in the gold band. He picked it up between his two fingers looking at it real close. He thought it was a beautiful ring, but how did it get in his backpack. He put the ring on his desk and picked the box back up pulling out the cotton, seeing if there was anything else in the box. He found a piece of fold paper. He unfolded it and read what was wrote on it.

If you put, this ring on your finger I will appear. If you take, this ring off I will disappear. This ring brought me to you so I could show you what true love should be.’

He put the piece of paper on his desk, picking the ring back up. He saw that his hand was shaking. He wonders if he should put the ring on his finger and see what happens. Maybe this was what last night was all about. He knows he felt something but nobody was there, maybe this could explain it to me.

He put the ring on his right third finger and waited. Nothing happened. He took the ring off his finger, looking at it. He saw an inscription on the inside of the band that read ‘Landon My True Love’. His eyes got as big as saucers and he had to reread it to make sure he was reading it correctly. Seeing the same writing, he decided to try it on all his fingers to see what would happened. He finally put it on the third finger on his left hand. He waited to see what was going to happen just as he did when he put the ring on each finger. He sat down on his desk chair, wondering that maybe someone could be playing a joke on him. He looked down at the ring and started rubbing the red stone. He looked up when he saw a shadow out of the corner of his eye. He jumped out of the chair, stumbling back and landing on his butt.

“Give me your hand love,” Sevan said looking at Landon.

He shook he head and got up by himself, walking backwards away from the boy that was standing in front of him. “How did you get in my room?”

“You silly, you brought me here.” Sevan smiled at Landon.

“What?”

“You put the ring on your finger, which then I appeared. I am here for you. If you want me to show what true love could be you need to come with me?” Sevan walked over to Landon putting his hand on Landon’s shoulder giving it a little squeeze. “Will you come with me, please? You have been picked by the Zaldean Goddess as my true mate.”

Landon could do nothing but stand there with his mouth hanging open, nodding his head in the positive. Then all he could feel was as if he was floating in midair.

Copyright © 2014 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..