Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 6,790 Words
  • 2,103 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Seth: A 'Big Sky' Intermezzo - 1. Chapter 1

SETH

 

Seth was sitting at his desk thinking what the hell happened to his life. As of today he is going to turn in his resignation at the job he’s had for six years, he got this job at Tech Inc. right out of high school. He took night classes at the local college to get the education he needed to keep this job, now just because one night he’s giving it up. Seth set back in his chair and closed his eyes trying to figure out how this all happened.

“Seth, are you here?” Tim said coming in the door walking to his and Seth’s room. Tim was just getting home, when he left work Seth was already gone from the building. Seth never came by his office to let him know he was leaving so he did not know where Seth went to. Tim was thinking that Seth should have been home but as he can see he is wrong on that.

Tim went into the bathroom to take a shower thinking Seth will be home when he gets out, but that was never to come true because Seth was at his father’s house instead having a talk with him.

“Dad I don’t know what to do, I just can’t walk away after 4 years being with him, we had even planned on having a ring ceremony with just the family. Why would he do this to me?” Seth had tears running down his face when he walked in the door of his dad’s house.

Max grabbed his son, as he was hugging Seth Max said, “Son you need to tell me what is going on and what happened.”

Max let go of Seth and laid his hand on Seth’s shoulder and led him over to the couch so they could sit down. “Seth you need to pull yourself together son and tell me what happened so maybe I can help you.”

Seth calmed down enough to say to his dad “I found some text messages from another guy on Tim’s phone when I had to use it the other day. I can’t believe what I saw, and no less who they were from. I have not said anything to Tim yet that I saw them but, I have been thinking the last couple days that he could be sleeping around on me.” Seth told his dad after he was able to stop crying.

“Do you know the other guy that was sending the text?” Max asked.

“That’s one of the problems I’m dealing with dad, he is both our friend or I thought he was.” Seth said looking at his dad.

“Just because Tim has some text on his phone from this guy, how does that make you think he is cheating on you?” Max said with a confused look on his face.

“Because what was said in the text, dad it was very graphic on what he wanted to do to Tim. I can’t believe Tim would want to do that, in all the time I have been with him he has never mention wanting to do any of that stuff. If he had I would have told him he was crazy because I’m not into that rough sex crap.” Seth said shaking his head in disgust.

“I hope you never get into that rough sex Seth with what I have seen and heard, you can get hurt real bad from it. Ok let’s get back on track, what you need to do is confront Tim about this and see what he has to say about the text. You never know it could be them just joking around with each other.” Max said to Seth trying to get him to understand that it could all be a misunderstanding and that he needs to clear it up with Tim before he jumps to conclusions. Max knows Seth loves Tim very much but he also knows that he wasn’t going let Tim hurt Seth. So he would be here for his son when and if he kicks Tim out or if he was the one to leave the apartment if that is what comes out of all this.

“Seth what I think you need to do is go talk to Tim and see what he has to say. If you need me call and I will come over to the apartment but I don’t want you to get in a physical altercation with him. If Tim starts getting physical with you, I don’t think he will but if he does leave and come here. Then when he is at work tomorrow we will have movers come in and get you moved out. Your room is still here so you are coming back here until you decide with a straight and calm head what you want to do.” Max said to Seth getting up from the couch.

Seth got up from the couch and hugged his dad and told him “I Love you dad, I will call you if I need you. I am going to go talk to him like you said and yes before you say it I will be careful.”

“Ok son, call if you need me and I love you too.” Max said to Seth walking him to the door and giving him a hug again.

As Seth was heading home to talk to Tim, Max went into the kitchen to make him some coffee thinking it might be a long night. Max set down at the island to wait for the coffee wishing that his wife was still alive, he sure could use someone to talk to about right now. Max was thinking about his friends and only one really came to mind right then; Ed.

Max got up and grabbed the phone off its stand and dialed Ed’s number. As it was ringing the coffee got done so Max fixed him a cup and went into the living room and set in his chair. “Hey Ed, can you talk for a bit.” Max said when Ed answered the phone.

“Hey buddy, sure I can talk. What’s up?” Ed asked.

“Seth just left, he is having problems with his partner and I think it might escalate to the point that Seth will be coming back home for a while. Which I would love to have him here but not under these circumstances.” Max told Ed.

“Max you need to tell me what is going so I can understand what you are talking about.” said Ed

“Ed, Seth thinks he caught his partner cheating on him and he is hurting real bad right now. Seth found some texts on Tim’s phone and they were not text that just a friend would send another friend………

Max told Ed everything that was going on with Seth and Tim hoping that Ed would help him understand how to help Seth.

“Max why don’t you bring Seth with you when you come visit us. It might do him some good to get out of that town for a while and get some fresh air to clear his head. With him working at the same place Tim and the other guy works at is not going to help him at all, get him to take some vacation time and come with you.” Ed said.

“Ed that is a good ideal, if it comes down to them parting ways I will talk to him about coming with me. Has the Sheriff got control of all those cattle missing yet? Max asked.

“No and I was going to call you and the others in a couple days to see if ya’ll could bring your horses. I sure could use some help out here until the sheriff gets a handle of the missing cattle.” Ed said.

“I don’t see a problem with that, I don’t know how long I am staying but we can play that by ear, so I will bring mine and Seth’s horse with us, I just have a feeling he will come with me so that would be an extra hand for you. Oh by the way Tim talked Seth into selling his horse a while back, but Seth doesn’t know I’m the one that bought it back from the person that bought her from Seth. I have her at a friend’s ranch so Seth does not see her when he comes around.” Max told Ed.

“I never thought Seth would sell his horse, he was so attached to that horse. When do you plan on telling him that you bought her back?” Ed asked.

“When I have to, I guess. I just didn’t want him to know then say something to Tim about it.”

“Ok, you just make sure you are there for him if he needs you. I don’t know Tim and what he’s like or would do. I do hope he’s smart and walks away and doesn’t get physical with Seth.”

“Ya me too. I will talk to you in couple days and let you know when we will be there. You take care buddy and I’ll talk to you in a few. ” said Max.

“Ok, call me if you need anything. Talk to ya later, take care.” said Ed.

Max hung up the phone, went to the kitchen to get another cup of coffee wondering how Seth was doing.

Seth left his dad’s house and went back to his and Tim’s apartment trying to keep his emotions under control. Seth walked in the door and found Tim in the kitchen. “Hey there, what you cooking in here?” Seth asked.

“I’m fixing us some hamburgers for dinner. Where have you been Seth, you left work without even coming to my office to let me know you were leaving?” Tim turned and looked at Seth.

Seth could not believe Tim just said that to him, when the hell did it start that he had to let Tim know when he left his office. “Why would I have to come to your office when I leave work? When you know what time we get off work and we drove in separate cars today so what is the problem?” Seth asked while getting something to drink out of the icebox.

Tim just stood there looking at Seth, then turned back to the stove wondering what was wrong with Seth all of sudden. “What is wrong sweetheart? I was just asking!” Time asked.

“Nothing, I’m going to go take a shower.” Seth said as he was heading down the hall.

“Do you need help? I can turn everything off and come wash your back for you.” Tim said standing in the doorway looking at Seth’s butt as he was walking to their room.

Seth looked back at Tim and said “No I can wash my back myself.”

Seth went in the bathroom and locked the door, he needed to calm himself down. Just looking at Tim he wanted to scream his head off at him. Seth stripped and got in the shower, he was wondering how he was going to start the conversation with Tim. He knows that he has to get this over with but the not knowing was killing him.

Seth got out of the shower and dried himself off, he walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips still dripping a little water on the carpet. Seth went in the closet to get some clothes to put on, when he turned to grab a pair of pants off the hanger Tim was standing there. “Can I get dressed Tim? Then we need to have a talk. Go finish what you were cooking and I will get dressed.” Seth told Tim as he was trying to leave the closet to get dressed.

Tim walked out of the bedroom without saying anything to Seth, but he did have a frown on his face as he leaving. Tim went back to the kitchen and turned the stove back on to finish with dinner, wondering what was going on with Seth. He knows that it can’t be about Cal since they have been very discreet at the office, and when they go on business trips they have separate rooms so there is no way Seth has found out. So he was wondering what could be wrong.

Seth went walking in the kitchen and got the plates and silverware out to set the table. As he turned around to go get the glasses Tim grabbed him around the waist, looked at him and said “I love you,” then tried to kiss Seth. Seth turned his head and the kiss landed on Seth’s cheek instead.

“What is going on here Seth? Now I can’t even get a kiss from my boyfriend.” Tim said trying to give another kiss to Seth but again Seth turned his head and grabbed Tim’s arms and removed them from his waist.

“We need to talk, so let’s get dinner on the table and eat then we can talk.” Seth said and went to get the glasses. Tim went and got the food to put on the table. Both of them sat down to eat, but Seth just couldn’t look at the food because his stomach was doing all kinds of things, which was making him want to throw up. He just could not get those damn text out of his head.

“I can’t eat! I need to get this over with before it eats me alive.” Seth said to Tim getting up from the table then walking into the living sitting on the couch. Tim followed Seth and set down beside him and took hold of Seth’s hand, Seth yanked his hand out of Tim’s grip stood up and walked over to the bay window.

“How could you do this to us? We have been together for 4 years and I’m wanting to know what I have done to make you do this to me.” Seth looked at Tim with tears running down his cheeks.

“What are you talking about Seth? I have not done anything to make you ask that.” Tim said standing up.

“How can you just stand there and say that when I found those text from Cal on your phone the other day.” Seth yelled at Tim.

“What do you mean you found text on my phone from Cal? And what the hell were you doing with my phone? Snooping?” Tim yelled back at Seth.

“No I was not snooping Tim,” yelled Seth. “You know my phone was not working the other day and I asked you to use yours to make a phone call.” Seth said and turned back to the window.

“Seth stop turning your back to me. Turn around and tell me what you think you saw on my phone.” Tim asked Seth

“What I think I saw on your phone. Tim I know I saw those raunchy text from Cal on your phone, how could I not? When I was using your phone a text came across from him.” Seth said to Tim looking out the window.

Tim walked over to Seth and grabbed his shoulder and tried to turn him around to face him. “Don’t touch me ever again.” Seth yelled and knocked Tim hand of his shoulder. Seth went to the bedroom to pack some clothes, he was leaving because he knew deep down that Tim would never tell him the truth.

Tim followed Seth into the room and leaned up against the door jam. “Seth we need to talk and why are packing your clothes?”

“I’m going to go to my dad’s for a few days.” Seth told Tim as he was going through his dresser.

“Why you leaving? I want to know what you think I did wrong.” Tim said walking over to Seth. Tim took a hold of Seth shoulders and looked into his eyes, “Seth come on man, tell me what is wrong.”

“Tim, I know you have been screwing around with Cal, I didn’t want to believe it but I know you have because nobody would send another man those kind of text without something going on. So let go of me right now. I’m going to my dad’s house, I can’t stay here thinking that maybe you have had Cal here when I have been out of town. Just thinking what has happened in our bed makes my skin crawl.” Seth said with his fist clench tight trying to stay calm and not hit Tim.

“Seth I have not been with Cal, those text that you saw on my phone was him joking around with me. He was telling me what him and his partner was going to do or had done.” Tim said to Seth trying to get out of this mess, but knowing by the look on Seth’s face he was not doing a good job of it.

“Tim I know you are lying to me, Cal does not have a partner. I just hope you used protection and I am not going catch something from you. If I do I will hunt you down and kill you if you gave me any kind of diseases. Now get the hell out of my way, I’m leaving.” Seth said as he grabbed a hold of his suitcase.

“Seth you are all wrong about this.” yelled Tim seeing Seth go out the bedroom door.

Seth walked to the front door, opened it and said “Bye Tim, I will come back later to get rest of my things.”

Tim just stood there with a stunned look on his face. He walked over to the couch and snatched his phone up and called Cal. “Hey we have trouble.” Tim told Cal when he answered the phone.

Seth put his suitcase in the back of his truck and opened the driver’s door. He looked up at the big window to the apartment and saw that Tim had closed the curtain. Seth got in the truck and took off to his father’s house. When he got there he went to the door holding his case, opened the door and came face to face with his dad. “I am fine, I could use something to eat if that is ok.” Seth said looking at his dad with sadness in his eyes. Seth put down his case by the stairs and followed his dad into the kitchen.

“Sit down and I will fix you something up son,” Max said. Seth set down on one of the stools at the island. Thinking he has lost the man he thought he would grow old with, and wondering how in the hell can he work at the same place that Tim and Cal works. He was going to have to find another job to have peace of mind. He didn’t want to go to work every day and see them together.

“Son, you doing ok? Looks like you are thinking too much. Can I ask what happened?” Max looked at Seth with worry on his face. Which Seth didn’t like that his dad worried so much about him.

“Dad he would not tell me the truth, I saw in his eyes that he was lying to me. I confronted him about the text and he accused me of snooping, then he told me that Cal sent them to him as a joke. He told me that Cal’s partner and he does that stuff and thought Tim would get a kick out of it. If that was the case why didn’t Cal say something to me too, because we have all talked about stuff like that in the past? Plus Cal has never told me that his dating anyone, so I knew right then that Tim and Cal were sleeping together. For how long I don’t know, but I’m going to go see my doctor tomorrow and have him run every test he can think of to see if Tim has infected me with something. Dad I am scared, I hope Tim used a condom with Cal.” Seth said and started crying.

“Son don’t make yourself sick with worrying about the unknown, I will take you to the doctor and we both will find out that you are going to be just fine.” Max said looking at his son with glossy eyes. Max turned away from Seth so he wouldn’t see his eyes.

“Dad what am I going to do about a job? I can’t go back there with them two working there, I just can’t do that and see them together.” Seth with tears running down his face.

Max set down a plate of food in front Seth and told him, “Son, we will get through this together, you know I will do anything I can for you. I am going to go to Ed’s ranch next week and he has invited you to come too. He has been having some cattle problems and has asked for me, Steve, Mark, Jack and Lee to come out and help, so we are all going out there next week. It might do you some good to just get away for a while.”

“I just might go with you, it depends on what the doctor says tomorrow. I’m thinking about turning in my resignation Friday, so I only have to be there for two days and that will give me enough time to clear out my office. I’m not going in tomorrow so I can go to the doctor and go get my things from the apartment. Then Monday I can put out some feelers for another job.” Seth said to Max.

“Do you want me to help at the apartment, I know I can get a few friends here to help us. Are you sure you don’t want me to call movers to come in and do this for you.” Max asked as he was picking up Seth’s plate and putting it in the sink.

“No I don’t want movers since they would never know what was mine or Tim’s, but if you can find some help that would be great. I’m just going to put it all in storage except some clothes and bathroom items I would need here.” Seth told Max walking into the living.

“Dad I am going to go to bed and try to get some sleep, I will see you in the morning. I love you, night.” Seth said picking up his case and going upstairs to his boy hood room.

“Ok son get some sleep and I will see you in the morning, love you too, night.” Max responded. Max went back into the kitchen to clean up the mess that was made in there, hoping that Seth can pull himself back together.

Seth went upstairs dragging his feet, he can’t figure out what he did to make Tim stray to Cal. He knew that their sex life was good or that’s what he thought. Tim seemed to always enjoy making love with him. Seth unpacked what clothes he brought over and then climbed in bed crying himself to sleep. Unknown to Seth that when Max walked by the door to his room he heard Seth crying.

Seth opened his eyes looking around wondering where he was, then he started to remember what happened last night and buried his head under the pillow wanting to go back to sleep so he can forget his problems.

Max knocked on Seth’s door to wake him up, “Ya, I’m awake dad.” answered Seth

“Ok get up, get your shower and I’ll get breakfast started.” Max said through the door at Seth.

“Dad don’t worry about me I can fix something when I come downstairs.” Seth said sitting up on the side of the bed.

“It’s no problem I have to eat to so just do what you have to do and come down.” Max said and walked away from the door and went downstairs.

Seth got up, took his shower and got dressed. He called his boss to let him know that he was not coming in today as he went downstairs to the kitchen to talk to his dad. As he walked in his dad was at the stove scrambling some eggs. “Dad I said I can fix myself something.”

“It’s not a problem, just sit down it will be done in a sec.”

“Dad do you have the doctor’s number? I thought I had it in my phone but it must be in my address book back at the apartment.”

“It’s in the book next to the phone son.”

Max got breakfast finished and was putting it on the table when Seth walked back in. “Doc can see me in 2 hours, so I am going to see him then go straight over to the apartment to get my things.” Seth said as he set down to eat.

“Ok, I’ve already rounded up a few guys to help us, so call me when you leave the doctor’s office and we will all meet you there with some boxes and supplies to get your stuff out of there.” Max said.

“I hope Tim went to work so he can’t cause anymore crap with me, I just want my things and be left alone.” Seth said looking down at his plate.

“Seth there will be enough people there to help, if he is there we will call the police and have them do a stand by for us. Don’t worry, hey give me Tim’s direct line at work and I will call and see if he is there, that way we will know one way or the other.”

Seth dug out his phone, found the number and gave it to his dad. Max called the number using *69 so Tim wouldn’t know who was calling. Max smiled at Seth and hung up the phone. “He answered the phone so we know he is at work.” Max said with a smile on his face.

“He has not called your phone since you left Seth?” Max asked.

“No nothing.” Seth answered.

“I’m going to go get my keys and wallet, then head to the doctor. I will call when I leave there.” Seth said getting up and putting his plate in the sink.

“I will meet you at the apartment son.” Max was saying as Seth walked out of the kitchen.

Seth went to his room and got his things, went out and got in his truck to head to the Doctor’s office. He got there and checked in, set down and waited for his name to be called. As Seth was waiting his phone started ringing, he pulled it out to see who was calling him. He looked at the number and saw that it was Tim’s number, he rejected the call and put his phone away after putting it on vibrate. Seth did not want to deal with Tim today with everything so fresh in his mind.

Seth was sitting there for about 10 mins when the nurse called his name. He got up and followed the nurse back to one of the rooms. She took his vitals and told him the Doctor would be in soon. Seth set there thinking about what he had to get out of the apartment when the Doctor came in the room.

“Hi Seth, what brings you in today?” asked Doc.

“I need all the test done for any kind of disease that I can get being with a man. The story is I caught my partner with another man and I just want to be checked out to see if I am still clean.” Seth said with a frown.

“Ok I can do that, how long has it been since you had sex with your partner?” asked Doc

“4 days now.” Seth answered.

“Ok I will get the nurse to get blood, throat culture, and everything else. Then I will examine you when all that is done.” Doc said and walked out the door. The nurse came in and got what she needed and told me to take all his clothes off and put the gown on and the Doctor will be right back in.

Seth got undressed and got back on the table to wait on the doctor. This is the part he hates when he goes to a Doctor. The Doctor walked back in and told him to lay back, he checked his neck, stomach, and then his dick which was starting to get hard.

“Ok sit up.” Doc said.

Seth set up waiting to see what the doctor had for him next. “I am going to check your mouth, so open up.” asked Doc

Seth opened his mouth and Doc stuck a piece of wood in his mouth which caused him to gag. “Stand up Seth and let me check your anus.”

Seth got up and bent over the side of the table, Doc lifted the gown he had on. “You know the procedure so let’s get it over.” said Doc.

Seth laid there while the doctor put his finger up his ass and felt around for a bit. Doc got done and Seth stood up. “Seth I did not feel any amoralities so let’s see what all the other test say and we go from there but as of right now I don’t see anything visual. I will call you when the test come back but to be safe don’t have any unprotected sex until I get them back, but you should never have unprotected sex with anybody unless you know that person is clean. So get dressed and I will call you when I get the test back.” Doc told Seth with a smile.

“How long will that be Doc?” Seth asked.

“Give them a week to get back.”

“Ok, can you call my cell phone? I am going out of town for a few days with my dad.” asked Seth.

“Just leave the number you want me to call with the nurse and I will call it when they come in.” Doc said walking out the door.

Seth said “OK” he got dressed and left the room, gave the nurse the number to call and changed the contact information from Tim to his dad and left the office.

After getting in his truck he pulled his phone out of his pocket to call his dad. He looked at his phone and saw that he had 4 missed calls, he looked to see who called and saw that they were all Tim. Seth dialed his dad’s number. ”Dad I’m leaving now.”

“Ok, we will meet you there, the other guys are here already. How did it go son?” asked Max as he was going out the door to get in his truck.

“I won’t know for at least a week dad, it is going to be my worst week I have ever had with the waiting.” Seth told Max sounding down in the dumps.

“Seth, we will get you through this,” Max said

“I know dad, I love you.” Seth said

“I love you too, Bye.” Max said pulling out of the driveway.

Seth pulled out of the parking spot and headed to his apartment. As he pulled into the apartment complex he looked around to see if he recognized any of the vehicles which he did but know not the ones he was looking for. Seth backed into his spot which was close to the entrance to his door. He got out of his truck as his dad and his dad’s friends walked up to him.

Max got to his son and gave him a hug. “Let’s get this done and get out of here before Tim shows up. Ok Seth.”

“Yep let’s get it done.” Seth said walking to the door and unlocking it.

It took all of them about 2 hours to get Seth’s things out of the apartment and loaded up. They all followed Seth to the storage unit and got everything put in the storage box. Seth offered everybody a late lunch for helping but they all declined. Seth thanked everybody for helping and got in his truck heading back to his dad’s house.

Seth spent the rest of the day in his room, went downstairs and had dinner with his dad then went to bed. Seth was glad that his dad wasn’t in the talking mood and didn’t ask a lot of questions.

Seth got up when his alarm went off, got ready for work and went down to the kitchen to get some coffee before heading out. “Morning Dad.” Seth said when he walked in the kitchen.

“Good morning, you going in to work today?” Max said sitting at the table drinking his coffee.

“Yep, going in today and tomorrow then Friday will be my last day there.” Seth said sitting down with his coffee.

“Ok, have you decided if you want to go to Livingston with me or not?” Max asked Seth.

“If you don’t think there would be a problem with me going, ya I would like to get out of here for a while. Hopefully Ed will have an extra horse for me to ride while I’m there, since I don’t have Sammy anymore.” Seth said sadly.

“Well, we will be taking two horses with us, so don’t worry about that.” Max told Seth with a big grin on his face.

“What do you mean two horses? When did you get another horse dad?”

“I got the other horse about a year ago, but you need to know something about this horse. I don’t want you to get mad at me for what I did.”

“What did you do dad?”

“I bought Sammy back from the people you sold her to and she has been out at Lee’s ranch.” Max said getting up to refill his coffee cup.

Seth had a surprised look on his face when his dad set back down. “Dad why did you not tell me? How is she doing?” Seth asked.

“She misses you but other than that she is doing fine, and the reason I didn’t say anything is that I didn’t want Tim to find out and get mad at you for me doing it.”

“Can I go see her tonight when I get off work?”

“Why don’t we wait until we leave to go to Ed’s Seth so she will stay calm in the trailer for the trip?” Max asked.

“Ok, ya she might get antsy if she sees me now, I’m gonna head to work. Talk to you later.” Seth said getting up and putting his cup on the counter.

“Have a good day and don’t let Tim get you upset today.” Max smiled at Seth.

Seth got to his office without seeing Tim, he set behind his desk seeing what came in yesterday so he could get that done before starting on today’s work. Seth had his head so deep in work he did not hear his door open until somebody cleared there throat to get his attention. Seth looks up and sees Tim standing at his door. “What do you want Tim? I’m kinda busy here.” Seth said with an attitude.

“I was wondering why you were waiting until I was gone to come get your stuff. I was surprised when I got home last night and found all your thing’s gone.” Tim said

“I got just my things which I told you I was going to.” Seth said looking Tim in the eye.

“I thought you were going to let us talk before you did that.”

“Well I didn’t.” Seth said getting up out of his chair. “I have a lot of work to catch up on so if you would close the door when you leave that would be great.”

“Seth we need to talk.”

“This is not the place and time to do that, so go back to your office and leave me alone while we are at work, if you want to talk to someone I’m sure Cal will talk to you.” Seth set back down and just looked at Tim.

Tim walked out Seth’s door and closed it behind him which Seth was grateful that Tim didn’t cause a big scene here at work. Rest of the day went by without Seth seeing Tim or Cal. Seth went home and had dinner with his dad.

Seth went into work Thursday with a no show from Tim, Seth had brought in a couple small boxes to put his personal items in to take to his dad’s house. He started loading them so he could make sure he got everything of his. He was going to take them out of there on Friday when he walked out of there for good.

Seth was sitting at his desk thinking about what got him to this point in his life when there was a knock at his door which snapped him back to the present time. “Ya come in.” Seth hollered.

“Mr. Stewart wants to see you Seth.” Cindy said when she opened the door.

“Ok, thanks Cindy.” Seth got up and grabbed his resignation off his desk and walked out the door going to Mr. Stewart’s office. He got to the door and knocked “Come in.” Seth heard and opened the door to see Mr. Stewart sitting behind his desk. “Sit down Seth.” Seth set down in the chair and waited to see what Mr. Stewart had to say. “I have been hearing from some of the workers that they have been caring some of your weight around here and I want to know why that is happening.”

“Sir I don’t know what you have heard but whatever it is its wrong, but that is beside the point.” Seth got up and laid down the paper he carried in with him on Mr. Stewart’s desk.

“What is this Seth?”

“I am quitting as of today, this is my last day. I have finished everything on my desk, so since I got called in here I am doing this now. I was going to wait till the end of my shift but I don’t see why not now. I have my personal items already boxed so I am going to go now instead of the end of the day. If you could mail me my last check to my father’s address, his address is in my personnel file. Thank you for the time I have worked here Sir.” Seth said and walked out the door without giving Mr. Stewart a chance to say anything. Seth walked back to his office got his jacket, the two boxes and walked out to his truck.

The whole weekend was looking in the local newspapers for a job, dodging calls from Tim, and helping dad get things done around the house and property so they could leave on Tuesday for Livingston.

Seth and Max got the trailer hitched up to Max’s truck and loaded Max’s horse. Both of them went in the house and got their luggage and put them in their own truck, since Seth was taking his truck too. Seth decided to take his just in case he had to come back earlier then Max.

They locked up the house and got in there trucks and headed over to pick up Seth’s horse Sammy at Lee’s ranch. When they pulled in Seth looked out in the pasture and saw Sammy running across the pasture, Seth got out of his truck and ran over to the fence and jumped the top rail and took off running to Sammy.

Max started laughing at the antic’s Seth was doing thinking just maybe this trip is what he really needed. Seth caught up to Sammy, he reached out to Sammy to let her take a sniff of his hand, Sammy took a big smell of Seth’s hand and took two steps back and reared up on her hind legs, she came down walking back to Seth and laid her head on Seth’s shoulder. Seth gave her a hug saying “I sure missed you little lady, you ready to take a little trip with me.” Seth took ahold of her halter and walked over to the gate to get Sammy loaded in the trailer.

After loading Sammy in the trailer with Max’s horse they got back in their own trucks and took off for Livingston.

 

 

Note: Will Seth get over Tim? Will Seth find true love at The Big Sky Ranch? Will Seth stay at Big Sky or go back to his old life? Chapters in Big Sky will answer these questions. Happy Reading!!!

Copyright © 2013 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well Yes, I would have done the same thing. brings back some memories. Chapter is tense. Characters are believable. I certainly identify with Seth. The motive for Seth moving out is believable. Thank goodness for Seth's dad, he seems like a man who thinks logically and knows what he is doing.

 

Technically, there are typos and some tenses are not gelling especially in the first paragraph, otherwise there is continuity and flow and a sense of angst the way it is written.

Link to comment

One stupid question, Zandra: the Cal who Tim is cheating on Seth with, is NOT the same Cal who is with Cody on the ranch, right? I mean, that would probably be physically impossible, right? lol One rule of thumb in fiction writing: don't have two characters with the same name. It gets confusing. lol

 

Poor Seth. Tim's a lying, cheating ho and the sooner he gets that scum out of his mind, the better. He's lucky to have a dad like Max.

 

Another question I had, well, actually two: first, the word 'ya' - does that mean 'yeah', which is slang for 'yes'? I've just never heard that word before. I've heard it in Russian before, but I think it's spelled 'ja'. lol Is that the way cowboys speak? lol I listen to a hell of a lot of country, but I've never heard that word used before. If that's the way the people out in the midwest speak, then you can certainly tell me to shut the fuck up and stop picking on you. =)

 

Also...set/sat - Max made HIMSELF (not him), a cup of coffee and he set down on the chair. You mean he SAT down on the chair and SET the coffee cup on the table, right? Do you see the difference?

 

Ok, English lesson over, but I ditto Louis' comments about the tense changes.

 

Anyway...I'm glad I got a glimpse into Seth's life. (I'm another one of your readers who love the name 'Seth'. :)) I feel badly for him and I hope hanging out on the ranch will be just the thing to get him back on track. =)

Link to comment
On 08/14/2013 04:58 PM, Lisa said:
One stupid question, Zandra: the Cal who Tim is cheating on Seth with, is NOT the same Cal who is with Cody on the ranch, right? I mean, that would probably be physically impossible, right? lol One rule of thumb in fiction writing: don't have two characters with the same name. It gets confusing. lol

 

Poor Seth. Tim's a lying, cheating ho and the sooner he gets that scum out of his mind, the better. He's lucky to have a dad like Max.

 

Another question I had, well, actually two: first, the word 'ya' - does that mean 'yeah', which is slang for 'yes'? I've just never heard that word before. I've heard it in Russian before, but I think it's spelled 'ja'. lol Is that the way cowboys speak? lol I listen to a hell of a lot of country, but I've never heard that word used before. If that's the way the people out in the midwest speak, then you can certainly tell me to shut the fuck up and stop picking on you. =)

 

Also...set/sat - Max made HIMSELF (not him), a cup of coffee and he set down on the chair. You mean he SAT down on the chair and SET the coffee cup on the table, right? Do you see the difference?

 

Ok, English lesson over, but I ditto Louis' comments about the tense changes.

 

Anyway...I'm glad I got a glimpse into Seth's life. (I'm another one of your readers who love the name 'Seth'. :)) I feel badly for him and I hope hanging out on the ranch will be just the thing to get him back on track. =)

two different Cal's i did see that until it was posted and to late to change it.

 

Yes if you ever go to an old ranch and talk to them they say "ya" and "ya'll" a lot. i have a habit of saying it since i lived around cowboys all my life and i married one too

 

sorry about my spelling if i catch it i fix it but some do slip by me.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..