Jump to content
    Solus Magus
  • Author
  • 3,709 Words
  • 2,408 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Mentally - 7. Pain and Banquets

In just a few seconds, I was going to be squashed by a huge truck. And I was totally helpless. I tried to use my ability but for some reason, my ability was instantly gone. I braced for the pain that was to come. My muscles were tense and I shut my eyes from the incoming impact.

Then suddenly, we were back in the car.

“What happened?” I asked. The drop of sweat glided down my face. I was shocked from the sudden shift of reality. “What on earth was that?”

“It was an illusion.” Aiden explained. He then took deep breaths as if he just ran for a hundred meter dash. The boy next to me somehow made a faint smile. A smile that signifies power. And he knew that he has something in his arsenal that I don’t. “That’s why I was pinned down a while ago. I tried using it on several people at once. But it seems that it would leave a strong mental stress on me. The huge drawback was that my telekinetic ability went down.”

“I can’t believe you tried it on me!” I shrieked. My muscles shook from the fear of dying without being able to put up much of a fight. “That could have left me traumatized!”

“Well, that was an experiment if it would affect powerful individuals as you.” He replied. His voice went monotonous and by the looks of it, the experiment was a success. “Chill. It won’t kill you. But it would have hurt a lot if I purposely tried to inflict pain in my illusion. I know you would try it too if you could. My only advice is that it can really be tricky if you don’t have a partner to practice it with.”

My mind was still a bit numb from his sudden invasion. Aiden seemed to be indifferent about it though. He was pretty confident that no real damage was made. But if he was able to make a technique that was this advanced then he surely has a lot of experience up his sleeves. “Aiden, did you really kill those people?”

“I had to.” He muttered. “We need to protect ourselves. This isn’t the time to be merciful. And I will stop at nothing to find my brother. I thought you already knew that.”

“You already showed that to me more than a couple of times. But those were people you killed! You can’t take lives away just like that. How could you even sleep at night?” I said. But no concern could be found in his eyes. They were cold. And full of pain. Those gray eyes were lonely as if he was really hurting inside. But he didn’t reply. Aiden didn’t even look at me. “When will you ever let me in?”

“Stop!” He snapped at me. “I already told you once that I don’t want you try to penetrate my own business. This is my life. We are here to help each other on our own agendas so we could benefit each other. Why are you so obsessed with figuring me out?”

“Because I care for you!” I said. Almost in a growl. My brows pulled into a frown from my agitation. “I was used to not giving a damn on what you think or what you do. But whenever I look at you. Whenever I see the chill in your eyes. I can’t shake the feeling that you’re hurt. And as a person who cares a lot for others, I can’t turn my back on you just like that!”

“Well, I thank you for the concern.” He replied with a tone of sarcasm in his voice. “But pity is not what I need right now. Get your head in the mission, Kieran! We’re not in a game. I agreed to work with you because I thought you were ready for this. The eagerness in your eyes to find Damian was there. But your emotions for me are getting in the way. And this isn’t what we need right now. If you keep on letting your emotions get ahold of you, you might be able to protect your mother the right way! I don’t think she would be happy that she would die because you’re being too emotional!”

With a snap, I swung my fist at his face. It connected but he didn’t retaliate. He could have pinned me down if he wanted to. I was too hyped to get a good grip on my ability. “Don’t you dare bring my mom into our conversation!”

“Again, I told you to control your emotions.” He replied calmly. His cheeks were suddenly red from the punch I gave. “Can we calm down? I don’t think this is wise if we continue.”

“I’m sorry.” My lips quivered. He was right. My emotions suddenly took a hold on me. And it was pretty embarrassing `that I was the one who suddenly offended. “I’m so sorry, Aiden. I didn’t mean to.”

“I know.” He simply stated. “Go take a rest for a bit. Let’s wait until we get to Washington.”

“Okay.” I submitted. “You’re right. Maybe we’re both just tired.”

From that point, everything went in a blur. We arrived at the airport and had a person waiting for us. Then we boarded Aiden’s private jet. It looked like any other private plane. The inside was pretty spacious and it had a complete set of commodities. Aiden and I took separate seats wherein I could put my mind at ease from the stress of the day. The two of us ignored each other for a while because things had got too tense. The flight was not really too long. In fact, I barely noticed it at all since I was already tired from all the things happened.

In a matter of hours, we landed in DC and waited as another bodyguard picked us up from the airport. The guy had a small banner that says “Aiden Cedric and Kieran Klein.” He seemed to have an Italian descent. His movements were more elegant and poised compared to Brian. They had a huge difference because the bodyguard from Chicago had a more scruffy approach and a look with murderous intent. While this other guy could pass as a combat-butler.

“Felix, this is Kieran. He’s a friend from Chicago and he’s with me.” Aiden introduced me to this other bodyguard of his. The guy just courteously nodded at me. Added with a warm smile that was totally deceptive. “Kieran is a guest of mine. Put him on a VIP status. I believe I don’t have to further explain what the protocols are.”

“Understood, sir.” He replied. His accent was a bit hard to understand. And that was the first thing I saw in him that wasn’t all that elegant. “Please follow me. I will drive you to your hotel shortly.”

Then he directed us towards the parking lot. The car that was waiting for us was identical to what we left at Chicago. I was pretty nervous because I was so far from my mom and she didn’t even know that I was crossing states without her knowledge. She was completely oblivious as to what would happen to me in Washington.

In a few minutes, we were in the hotel where one of the rooms was booked for us in advance. We went there as soon as possible so we could get ourselves some more rest. Or I thought that was the point of it. Aiden was a bit agitated by the looks of his movements.

“I thought you like your privacy.” I muttered. “It was nice of you to stay in the same room as I am.”

“Don’t get me wrong, Kieran.” He replied. “You’re a powerful asset to my plans. So I just want to keep a close eye on you. And beggars can’t be choosers.”

I disregarded that part of the comment. “So what’s the plan?”

“We need to get ready. Go take a bath. I told Felix to get us a couple of suits that would fit for the event tonight.” He started. The look on his face was serious again. “The banquet is tonight. Saito Seijiro and Anna Festus will be there and we need to be able to probe their minds. I’m sure we’ll take the lead from there.”

“Okay then.” I nodded. “You take the lead.”

“Fine. I’ll go take a bath first. I feel so sticky from all the fighting.” He replied and went for the bathroom. Aiden already started removing his clothes. His back was to me and I could see his flawless skin. I found myself locked on him because I just realized how well-built his body was. It looked so agile and his muscles were built for speed. He wasn’t too bulky from the look of it. “I hope you didn’t get to smell it.”

“Don’t worry, I didn’t.” I assured him. He faced me with his serious composure again. His clothes were off except for his boxer briefs that displayed a good-sized bulge. And the back of it showed the roundness of his bubble butt. Then I saw his chest and flat stomach that displayed his abs which were quite defined. In fact, his whole body was defined. Aiden surely did get a lot of exercise. The inside of my pants stirred from all the visual stimulation it was getting. “What’s the time of the event?”

“An hour from now.” He replied.

Aiden then turned around and went inside the bathroom. I heard the showers being turned on. With that, I laid on the bed with a huge sigh. Everything went by so fast as I recollected all that happened. A couple of weeks before, I was being ran after by the government because I was an unregistered Mental. And then suddenly, I was pulled into some sort of mission to find my long, missing best friend. The transition was just so fast I need to put more effort into keeping up with it all.

Then there was Aiden. One moment, I hate his guts. But suddenly, I found myself caring for him more than I should. For some reason, he radiated a sad and lonely aura that was drawing me closer to him. It was so confusing because I should be hating him from all the behavior he had been displaying. But the more he did that kind of stuff, the more I wanted to care for Aiden. And the worst idea was that I might actually be falling for him.

A few minutes later, he got out of the shower. Aiden was drying his hair and he was naked like the day he was born. All his glory was displayed right in front of me. I mean, the room was more than spacious but for me, I was on the front row seats. His skin was still wet from the water and all his defined muscles were there for me to see. Then inches below his navel, I saw his boyhood for all its worth. For some reason, he was smooth and not a single strand of hair was on his pelvic mound. His dick was flaccid and was just hanging there. It was almost five inches long from the look of it and it would seem bigger because the both of us weren’t that tall. His balls were quite big as well and were larger than a pair of quail eggs. I think, he was half-hard from the looks of it.

“Sorry.” I gasped. Aiden titled his head. Indifferent and wondering what I just said. “I didn’t meant to stare at your body. It’s just I’m not really used to it even though I take the showers at school along with other guys.”

“It’s okay. Stare all you want.” He replied indignantly. My eyes almost widened from the mere suggestion. But Aiden was being indifferent again and was neutral about it. “I’m used to being naked around my brother all the time. So I’m not really embarrassed about my body.”

“Okay. I’m not sure I would easily get used to it though.” I chirped then went in the bathroom before he would notice the tent in my pants. I can’t believe I got a hard-on from his display. And I can’t believe I was turned on in that very moment. It made me nervous to think of what he thought of it. “I guess I’ll go take a bath now.”

After a few minutes, I finished taking a bath. I did it as quickly as I could or else we would be late for the event. But I do admit, the shower was beyond relaxing. I would have stayed if I wanted to. But I wouldn’t want to keep him waiting. When I came out, Aiden was already half-dressed. He was just about to wear his coat for the evening. From the looks of it, he was really used to those kinds of events.

I scuttled on my way to my part of the room. Felix must have passed by to deliver our suits when I was taking a bath. I dropped my towel to the floor but I kept my back to him. Aiden must have been really confident with his body. But I on the other hand was modest and I had no intention of putting it on display. My set of clothes were laid out on my bed. All of them were freshly bought from the store. When I put on all of them, everything was fit perfectly. Aiden and I looked dashing and very professional after trying on the attire.

“I guess this would pass for a really good cover.” I bellowed. Aiden on the other hand looked more natural in his outfit. It would most likely be because he was born inside the boundaries of this lifestyle. “I don’t look like a street rat. Not that I looked like one before I wore these.”

“Relax, you’re with me.” He replied. Aiden and I went for the door. We left our things inside the room and locked it. Since we would retire to that same room after we check out the banquet. “Just don’t get too much attention. We have a different agenda for tonight. I need you to put a construct once I introduce you to both Anna and Saito. It would be best if you’re going to be passive in every conversation. But don’t stray too far from me. Got it?”

“Okay, boss.” I whined. The two of us went to the elevator. We were on the 19th floor of the hotel and it took a while before the elevator arrived. “I don’t get you. A while ago, you were chill and all that. Now you’re being paranoid.”

“I’m not paranoid. And it doesn’t matter.” Aiden frowned. “Just do your job. We’ll try to corner them so you can invade their minds. Alert me if something is wrong. Because I heard some rumors that Anna Festus is actually a Mental just like us. She just doesn’t show it to avoid raising issues. If that happens, can you still brainwash her?"

“I’m not sure. We have a higher tenacity when it comes to those kind of situations wherein someone would break our wills. So if you say that Anna is a dangerous woman, then the answer is no.” I explain truthfully. But Aiden didn’t seem to be bothered by it. “But I have an idea.”

“Spit it out.” Aiden stated. The command on his voice was pretty tough. And it kind of hurts my ego whenever he does it to me. Aiden may not be as potentially powerful as I am, but he was a dangerous person to encounter despite his young age. “We need a backup plan.”

“Cast your illusion on her. That way, her consciousness will be suspended and I will be able to invade her mind.” I explained, poking my head with a finger. The grin was on my face but it didn’t seem to be brilliant the way Aiden’s face was so unmoving. “In case I won’t be able to completely brainwash her, I would be able to implant an idea inside her head to give us information. But we have to keep in touch with her so I could reinforce the idea and break her will apart.”

“Good call.” Aiden admonished. “Something is just not right.”
“With what?” I asked.

“With you.” He nonchalantly stated. I frowned from the sudden statement. “I could feel the strength of your abilities. But for some reason, you’re not able to fully utilize it. There’s really something that we haven’t figured out yet.”

“I don’t get it.” I scratched my head. Aiden just shook his head in disbelief. “You might want to explain.”

“You have so much potential in you. I felt it when you were having an emotional breakdown a while ago. It was actually frightening. I want to see the extents of your ability. That’s the bottomline of it.” Aiden claimed. “Heck, I don’t even know what you really are.”

My mind went back to what Sergeant Snyder told us some weeks ago. There were some powerful Mentals and they have unparalleled powers. But if what Aiden said was right then my ability would still grow further into maturity. His advantage over other Mentals was that he had more experience and time in honing his abilities.

“Let’s just go.” He finally said. “Forget about what I said for now.”

Felix fetched us from the lobby of the hotel. When we got out, the car was ready. The three of us entered the vehicle and left as soon as we could. The ride went practically silently. Aiden was most likely thinking of something else. Meanwhile, I was brooding on what he meant before we left the hotel. Aiden was serious when he stated it. And it wasn’t meant to be a compliment. It was more of an insult because I cannot use my powers as effectively as I should.

Half an hour later, we arrived at a huge building. It had an exotic design. The huge logo of the broken helix symbol was displayed in front of the building. It was at least a tall building. Aiden told me in the car that it had 52 floors but he wasn’t aware how deep the building runs. From what he had heard, it had at least 5 floors below the surface. Or maybe even more.

Felix dropped us in front of the building. I was a nervous wreck while Aiden was as calm as the sea. He would always be calm and calculating the situation. I don’t think he would ever lose that demeanor of his. Besides, he was the son of the CEO of the big corporation. There should be no worry for him.

We walked towards the lobby wherein we were greeted by two guards. They were both huge in stature but Aiden just nodded at them. He was surely recognized by the two. While it was great that they knew who he was, I just hoped that they wouldn’t question his arrival. And they didn’t. Aiden was more than welcome in the facility.

Inside the lobby, there was a red carpet in the middle. A stage was set up in the far end of the lobby and there were dozens of tables at which people were talking to each other. There was a serene music in the background. Tons of men in business attire were exchanging conversations with each other. Ladies were also around and one of them seemed to be somehow elevated ranked above the rest.

The lady was wearing a red dress. She had her blonde hair neatly tied behind her head with elegant and professional looking glasses on her face. Her lips were as red as her dress and she looked quite young. From afar, she looked like a blonde Angelina Jolie. A complete set of high cheekbones along with a big bust. In short, the woman was obviously cut above the rest.

“Looks like we were able to easily find our target.” Aiden commented. Added with a sigh as if he already expected this. “It’s never hard to find her in settings like this.”

“So she’s Ms. Anna Festus, huh?” I replied.

“Yeah. She’s actually a doctor since she’s a doctorate graduate but she never likes to be called that way. That woman believes in the conviction that we are all equals and that titles are just minor accessories.” Aiden explained. “And she hates it when you turn something minor into something major.”

“But the way she dresses, it would seem so contradictory to what you claim her to be.” I said. It was so obvious though. Anna Festus was a dangerous woman. And it was already quite obvious in the way she dresses that she shouldn't be bothered by whimsical things.

“Well, she does love the spotlight.” Aiden muttered dryly. “But don’t be fooled. She’s good at reading people too. So don’t let your guard down.”

Then she looked around and saw us. Aiden reluctantly waved at her. But Anna smiled as if she saw an old friend. By the way things go, the two of them went way back before. The woman dismissed the person she was talking to. After that, she approached us. Even the way she walked was so elegant. A true professional with what she does.

“Anna, this is my friend Kieran.” Aiden said. The woman approached me so I held out my hand to shake hers. It was cold and the moment I touched her, my heart pounded. Her smile was so warm but what I felt inside was nothing like it. “He’s pretty keen on genetics. Maybe you can enlighten him with some knowledge in your field, Ms. Anna.”

“Yes, I know him.” She said. Aiden and I was suddenly surprised at her statement. There was a big question in our heads that could jeopardize the whole mission. I was supposed to be a new face here. “Someone spoke highly of you.”

“Who would that be ma’am?” I asked. As politely as I could.

Anna suddenly smiled again. “The boy named Damian Davis.”

Copyright © 2017 Solus Magus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Wow 8
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

Well, we knew that name was going to pop up again soon.  I still think he is the one with the highest score...  

Hmm. We'll see.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..