Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

    Stefan
  • Author
  • 1,654 Words
  • 930 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Sons of Memory - 7. Departure

Just from afar Theseus heard quarrelling voices; he quickened his steps despite the burden of Ricos' body.

"You've almost killed us!" Arian shouted.

When Theseus turned a corner that ended at the entrance gate of the labyrinth he saw Arian standing there, hands propped upon his hips with a red face, shouting down his sister.

"So what?! You've killed our brother!" Ariadne shouted back. "I was close behind you, don't worry, I wouldn't have let you die. Just him." Her head pointed with an abrupt and angry movement at Theseus.

"Shall I believe this?" Arian cried. "You're disgusting. Always you try to destroy what I love."

"And you always get what I want!" She stomped with her naked foot.

The siblings stood there with craned heads, the red woollen ball lay between their feet.

"Since when do you care for our brother? Go back and slip into the bed of a man who appreciates a woman and leave the rest alone. You can tell our father that the curse is over like his merciless order to Athens."

He looked briefly at Theseus with Ricos' body still in his arms. "After the funeral, I'm off."

Theseus' heart pounded. Did this mean he wanted to go with him? Back to Athens? Arian stepped to him and took over Ricos' body and went on to Knossos' palace.

There they were met by King Minos, his guard and the rest of the seven youths from Athens, ready to be sent to the labyrinth. Theseus was a silent spectator when Arian laid down Ricos to the ground in front of his father's feet.

"Asterion's body lays under a willow tree. He is beaten and the tribute has an end, Poseidon hopefully appeased," he said solemnly, watching his father sharply.

It was quiet. King Minos spoke nothing when he first looked down, then examined his blood soiled son then Athen's prince. From behind he heard Otos and Pallas sobbing. Then he straightened his shoulders and called:

"You are free. Although Theseus had received help." Minos hesitated and turned his eyes to his son, looking him up and down. "It is surely against the rules, but so be it. Minotaur is dead. Sail back to Athens and give King Aegeus a message: From now on the tribute to Crete is fulfilled. He can be proud of his son. The funeral will take place tonight."

With that he turned and vanished into the palace, followed by his daughter Ariadne, throwing a spiteful glance at Theseus and her brother.

Both shared a bath while Ricos and Asterion were prepared for their long journey. Both were washed and oiled, then clad with fresh garments, the face uncovered. Then they were wrapped with waxen clothes and put into two coffins.

Theseus and Arian, both clean and recovered, held coins in their hands. Theseus opened Ricos' mouth and placed his coin upon the tongue and Arian did the same for the Minotaur. This was a tribute for Charon, the ferryman, to ship them over the river Acheron where they hopefully would arrive in Elysium to live there forever. Well, Arian wasn't so sure about that where Asterion was concerned. But perhaps the under worldly Gods would show mercy.

Theseus and Arian didn't speak much the whole day, too sad about Ricos' loss and the other remaining five where quiet as well. Just when Otos and Pallas came back from the king's audience, they broke the silence. Both had decided to stay in Crete for they hadn't anybody waiting for them in Athens.

By nightfall they carried the coffins out of the palace area, following a road lined with tombs and monuments, steles and plates with three dimensional ornaments or scenes of Gods and the lives of the people buried there.

At the end of the street they stopped and slaves, from the wood brought in, erected two funeral pyres where they placed down the coffins. Pines were giving deep shadows, lightened by the fire that burnt high, consuming the bodies. Theseus blinked his tears away. Arian held his hand and gave him comfort while Otos and Pallas cried openly. Priests of Knossos poured out their amphorae, brought as a gift for the Gods. Theseus knew they all had to take the troubles of a long and complicated cleaning ceremony now, like the palace had to be cleaned with sea water from the shadows of the death.

"Tomorrow when the ashes are cold, we'll return to gather them," Arian whispered. He had promised that Theseus would bring back Ricos remains in a lekythos, a vase for ashes and bones, to give them to his parents. Asterion would have a monument, although Theseus didn't feel exactly well about this.

The fire had burnt down and it was getting cold. Arian in his grey himaiton shuddered.

"What did you mean when you said you'll be off from here?" Theseus whispered beside Arian. Both shared Arian's bed, but none of them had wasted a thought about having sex. They were mentally much too exhausted.

"I can't live here anymore. I was waiting for you." Arian whispered back.

"But your father . . . aren't you supposed to be his successor? He will never let you go."

"My father isn't that old. He will still live many years if the Gods are willing." He opened his eyes. "And you? After you Athens' throne will be abandoned. Or do you have a son?"

"No." Theseus was sick at the thought of how a son would have to be produced, but he knew that Arian was right. He pressed his body tightly into Arian's arms and tried not to think about it.

The sun was already high when Theseus awoke alone. He still wondered when Arian entered his room, carrying a white lekythos and placed it upon a table.

"Ricos," Theseus said sadly but Arian pulled him up and dragged him to the bath where they received a massage that made them feel new born afterwards.

Mount Olympus

Dionysos celebrated. With wine-befuddled brain he stared into the wine-mirror and mourned a little about Ricos but not seriously. He moaned while he was pushing in and pulling out his hard penis, using Ganymede's willing arse hole. Well, perhaps not that willing; but as the God's servant he had to obey and all the others Dionysos would like to fuck with weren't available. Beautiful Apollo for instance had only a sick smile for his offer and Hermes was always away. His movements went frantic and Ganymede still moaned. Dionysos tried to persuade himself it was lustful moans, but he knew better. Ganymede wanted this to end. One last plunge and he emptied his divine semen into the boy, then he pulled out and turned Ganymede to his back. His cock was flaccid and Dionysos was disappointed. Perhaps he should have given him wine. He watched the boy get up and leave wordless with legs apart to his private rooms.

Oh well. Once he had Arian under him - the guy was still a virgin - it would be a feast. Dionysos groped for his glass and raised it to Arian's image in the wine mirror, sleeping peacefully in Theseus' arms.

* * *

King Minos let Arian go rather sadly, but he knew he couldn't hold back his son. That his daughter had tried to kill them both, he didn't know and Arian didn't bother to tell his father. May the Erinnyes haunt her. Now she had another entertainment for one youth of Athens was determined to marry her. He had lost his heart (or his brain according to Theseus) and Theseus hadn't objected. He might find out soon that he wasn't the only man to share the king's daughter's bed.

So it came that just two remained to sail back with them to Athens: Lykos and Sandokos.

It was night. Nicos, the helmsman moved the steering wheel very gently for the sea was calm. The sky was a velvet blanket; twinkling stars - blue and orange - appeared as though deliberately rolled from a giant's hand.

Theseus saw the twins, Castor and Polydeukes, and the cancer: the dark secret gate from which the human souls came down to earth. Right over his head was the Little Bear, once the big hunter Arkas, grandson of Zeus, and the polar star, guiding the ship northwards to the shore of Attica. He was looking forward to see the Acropolis again, the Agora and all the places he had learned to love. His father was waiting impatiently for his return and he was proud to bring not only himself alive but a lover Aegeus could be proud of too.

Arian was silent beside him and stared up to the firmament.

"We have to get water at Naxos," Theseus spoke; Arian nodded. Starlight was upon his blond braid. Theseus still hadn't seen it open. He reached out and let his hand trail along to Arian's hips, where the hair ended; short before his protruding buttocks. He loosened the band and untangled the braid before he stepped behind and embraced him. He felt power streaming from the Cretan's body. Power that transmitted to himself and turned into a great affection within his soul. Arian's body relaxed, and he leaned against Theseus. "Do you remember the coin?" he asked.

"Sure."

Arian turned in his arms. "Not now. Not the swaying, rocking cabin where everybody can hear us."

Theseus was surprised at his sensitivity. Arian - the warrior - had a gentle side and Theseus loved it because it woke this side in himself. He smiled. "Agreed. My rooms at Athens' palace are very quiet." Now he grinned, and covered Arian's lips with his own, sucked at the luscious under lip and traced it with his tongue. Arian purred. "It shouldn't stop us from doing other exciting things," he said and pulled Theseus with him downstairs into the ship's belly.

Copyright © 2011 Stefan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Where will this lead to??

"You are free. Although Theseus had received help." Minos hesitated and turned his eyes to his son, looking him up and down. "It is surely against the rules, but so be it. Minotaur is dead. Sail back to Athens and give King Aegeus a message: From now on the tribute to Crete is fulfilled. He can be proud of his son. The funeral will take place tonight."

With that he turned and vanished into the palace, followed by his daughter Ariadne, throwing a spiteful glance at Theseus and her brother.

Dionysos, what are you up to???

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...