Jump to content
    StevieVRoyal
  • Author
  • 2,266 Words
  • 396 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adonis & Jaz - 3. Chapter 3: Touring and Texting

So I know that I been gone for almost a year but I been dealing with life. Break up and some personal drama, however, I'm back and recently purchased a new laptop. I'm just getting back into writing this story so I do apologize for my absence. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and if you haven't already check out the other chapters.

I immediately get skittish as I prepare to show my future husband around. He just makes me hella nervous for some reason. I have to find a way to keep my talking to a minimum so I won't stutter around him. Then, an idea brushed my mind that might work out alright.

I walked up to him with my hand out. He looks at me a bit confused yet still wearing a tiny grin on his face “Your class schedule.” Jaz digs in all of his pockets as he frantically searches for his schedule “Aight cuz I got you.”

He doesn’t seem to have any luck finding it and began patting himself down. A few seconds later while in his back pocket he had come to reveal the wrinkled paper yet a blushed his fingers against mine and our eyes locked like magnets. Flashing that million dollar smile I soon filled with tingling sensation all over making even the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I pulled away slightly blushing to quickly glimpse at the paper after unballing it and made a few mental notes. We have the same homeroom, English, lunch, and even gym class. Gym is shared with various cliques and social groups. Jaz fits perfectly with the basketball team. Being that my inner circle is present is a big plus, however, JaQuan also in gym. He’s proving to be rather difficult to avoid being it’s basic open invitation for him to get closer to me, my friends, and now Jaz. I guess I’ll just cross that bridge when I get to it. So brushed all my thoughts to the side and I just shook my head with as if I was feeling this schedule of his “I see that me and you have the same classes.”

Oh word? A devilish grin forms across Jaz face “Finally, have someone to copy homework from.” eyeing me with this strange aura for a brief second

I looked him up and down as if he were a whole fool. “Um no way! I charge for those services.” I giggled while holding my hand out again.

Jaz dropped his head chuckling a bit his lip bottom then fixed his sight on me Nah cuz, I'm just fucking with ya. But at least I'll have someone to know.

I guess so. Follow me this way.I direct Jaz over to C-Hall, where the majority of our classes were.

We made casual conversation and I realized we have a lot in common. His dad walked out on him when he was younger, and he's been the man of his house since he was 12. As he tells me more about his family we come closer to the gym.

I peep Jaz gazing at my lips. I attempt to shift things back to the topic at hand by askingSo do you have any siblings?while shifting my eyes straightforward

He smiled for a brief moment before responding Yeah, I have a 10 year old brother, and a 4 year old sister. What about you?giving me a mini shoulder bump

I passed him giving a gentle one back in turn I have an older brother who's in college now, and a 5 year old sister.I spun around to get a look at Jaz again

He stopped with his head tilted slightly getting a good look at trophy case which was on the opposite side of the hall from a small group of lounging athletesOh, cool.while giving a few complimentary grunts examining the trophies and I came back to his side.

We came across some students from the girl’s and boy’s varsity basketball teams hanging out just socializing and passing around the ball. They took notice of Jaz and two of the guys gave a head nod while the rest give us curious peering eyes. He returned the greeting with a similar faint gesture. The others went back to talking with grinning faces occasionally taking a peek in our direction.

Jaz direct his eyes back to me So do you ball, cuz?with a little smirk on his face

I gave a faint chuckle Oh no!!! I can't play to save my life.

He walked around and turned facing me stopping me in tracksWell maybe I can teach you one day. He showcased that enchanting smile of his

I began to burn up turning rosy losing my composureY-Y-Yeah....t-t-that sounds like a good idea.

SHIT!!! I've been with him for over an hour, and I start stuttering now. When Jaz hears me fumbling over my words, he gives me a side eye and lets out a small snicker. We finally make it inside the gym, and Kamya's dramatic ass comes running toward us.

Kamya comes over tackling me “DON!!! Heeeeey honey!” Luckily, I balance myself out this time and returned hug

I couldn’t resist smiling yet also shaking my head at my foolish best bud of mine “Girl you is too much for TV.”

Negro please, you know good and damn well-she stops tilting her head looks over at Jaz getting a good look at him. Then she turns back to me with that same devilish grin he had earlierWell who is this fine hunk of a man standing by you?

I'm Ja’Quez. It's a pleasure to meet one of the most esteemed ladies of the Cross High.he ever so gentle grabs Kamya's hand and kisses it

She giggles at the kind gesture Well, I'm Kamya. I can't believe Adonis's rude ass didn't introduce us.giving me a nudge

W-w-well I was, but you never g-g-gave me a chance.Soon as Kamya hear me stutters, her face lights up because she already knows wassup. Knowing her, she was gonna use it to her advantage.

Kamya wears a grin on her faceSo Don, how do you know this gentleman sir?

W-well, w-we have-Struggling to get the words to escape me I could only turn red with frustration but out of the blue Jaz speaksWe have classes together, and I asked him to show me around.

Thank god Jaz came in to save the day. If he didn't, then things would've gotten worse. If I stutter too much, then I'll start drooling a little bit. That's what Kamya really wanted to see.

She turns to JazSir can you excuse us for a moment?Giving a friendly smile

Smiling back he grabs a basketball from nearby Sure, I'm gonna shoot around for a minute.

Immediately, Kamya pulls me off to the side to talk, I already knew what this conversation was going to be about.

Getting into theIn My Defensestance I prepared myself for whatever she throws at me Okay before you jump to conclusions-

Bitch save it, what's the deal with you two?She hit me with the gaze of conformation and it was a trump card she used to have her way. Taking notes out of our mother’s parenting handbook. Rolling my eyes and looking at her Nothing we're just friends. I smile looking directly in Mya’s eyes

Friends?? Nigga you was stuttering so hard just now. I really wanted to play around and watch you drool again!!!” Kamya bursts out laughing at the thought of me drooling all over

I crossed my arms “So that doesn't mean anything.” looking off in Jaz direction and I got starstruck watching him making that smirk as he makes the shot from the three point line

Kamya is taken back for a few seconds then punches me in the arm Oh my goodness, you be liking him don't you? Admit it!!”

Rubbing my arm a bit I return my focus to Mya with much annoyanceUgh ok, maybe a little.”

Bitch I knew it!!! Well you need to get his number before I do cause him is cute.Mya turned making eyes at Jaz

I felt something stirred up in my stomach but I played it off quicklyStop ya mess girl!!! But I'm not even sure he gets down. He smiles and winks at me occasionally, but I don't want to read it the wrong way.” slowly shifting from Jaz back to Mya. I can’t believe it until I know for sure or at the very least have more concrete proof.

She shrugs “Well sweetie I don't know. Is it possible for a man to be too good looking?” We both turned facing

Kamya was kinda right. Jaz is just too fine. His dreads, his smooth chocolate covered skin, those mysterious grey eyes, his muscular build, and his facial hair was trimmed to perfection. It was like he was cut out of a magazine. As we're observing him, Jaz looks back at us and passes me a wink again before shooting around again.

Containing my excitement to a mir whisper I said See he did it again!!! What do you think???Seeking council from Mya’s perspective

Kamya began slowly walking around me Maybe he does like you a little bit, but you can never be too sure. Occasionally glancing over to watch him shot hoops

Jaz finishes his game and walks back toward us “Aight can I have my tour guide back? I have a feeling he has more to show me in this school.”

Shit if only he knew what I REALLY wanted to show him.

She gave the same smile as she did the first time Yeah you can have him back. It was nice meeting you Jazzy Wazzy.” Getting her slick cute voice on

This damn siren did not just try that on him. I could rip that whore’s little vocal chords to shreds for attempting such a stunt.

Jaz kind of chuckled awkwardly Yeah you too.” Before we walked off to the exit but before we could get there Kamya shouts out to meByyyyyye Adonis remember what I tooooold you!!!”

Kamya! I turned serving her with a seriousYour not cute. Cut it out.Type of glare. As we try to proceed leave again that when Kamya’s vocals traveled right into my ears “Oh baby you, got what I neeeed!!! But you say he just a friend.”

I now turn to face her to my surprise she’s also dancing in tune with her singing. My cheeks turning red as a cherry “M-m-Kamya!!!” with flustered fury

Kamya laughs through while still trying her damn best to continue the performanceBUT YOU SAID HE JUST A FRIEND!!! OH Adonis YOOOUUU…”

My whole face at this point was red as can be so I grabbed Jaz and make haste towards the nearest exit. Kamya continues laughing and singing as we're leaving the gym. I can't believe she tried to put me on the spot like that. I really need to work on this stuttering problem of mine. Ugh. The bell rings and the day is over.

After calming down a bit and regaining my proper color to my face I asked “So what did you think about Kamya?”

Jaz laughed a little bit “She's definitely crazy yo!! I can see why y'all friends.” he continued laughing a bit more

I get a little embarrassed thinking about her performance again “Yeah, she's cool people. Well did you enjoy your tour?” Feeling a slight blush on my face

He stops to face me “Yeah I did, but we may have to continue this another time. Do you live near here?”

I look off to the side before speaking “Y-Y-yeah. I live about ten minutes away on Vine Avenue.” Peeking out the corner of my eye I notice a shocked expression

For real cuz??? So do I!!! Looks like we're neighbors!!! Well shoot me your number and maybe we can hang out sometime.” He shared that glowing smile of his

This dude just asked me for my phone number. My thoughts and feelings were all over the place. My flustered nature began to surface “Ummm, y-y-yeah sure.”

I grab Jaz's phone and put my number in his contacts. I hand him back his phone. We eventually said our goodbyes and parted ways. I should've offered him a ride home since we live on the same street. DAMN!!! I hop in my car and drive make my way home. Soon as I walked in the house I’m greeted by no one as usual. I went to examine the kitchen and see my mom left a note on the refrigerator to get dinner started. Hell, if she didn't leave anything Cristina and I would be eating frozen pizza or Ramen noodles tonight. As I'm getting everything prepared, my phone vibrates and I see four text messages. One from Kamya, two from JaQuan, and one from an unknown number.

I start with Kamya text message first saying H-h-h-hey A-a-a-adonis!!! LMAO

I roll my eyes and laugh at Kamya's text. She really is something else. I back out and went to the next message from JaQuan. Wassup baby boy. I didn’t give him the respond. I swiped back out to receive a new message from Mr. Heartbreaker again.

JaQuan : Still not talkin to me huh? Keep frontin like a nigga don't exist, Adonis I know you want dis dick!!

I just deleted JaQuan's text. Ain't nobody got time for his shenanigans. And you best believe I said shenanigans. I go to check out this mysterious number. Yo cuz, Jaz here. Get at me when you get this!!!

I had a kool-aid smile when I saw that text from Jaz. I take a break from cooking and text Jaz and Kamya.

Thanks for reading this chapter. I do hope everyone enjoyed. I'm excited to be back. Share, Like, and Follow me on this exploration of love.
©Copyright (2018) (Steven Whitaker Jr.); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..