Jump to content
    StevieVRoyal
  • Author
  • 2,461 Words
  • 1,312 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adonis & Jaz - 1. Chapter 1: The Last Day of a New Beginning

An annoying ringing in my ears continuously. I roll over putting the pillow over my head. To no avail, I open my eyes and look over at my alarm clock, and see that it's 7 am. I hit the snooze button and fall back to sleep. Not even 5 minutes later the volcanic eruption happened.

"ADONIS DARNELL RICHARDSON, GET THAT ASS UP AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL!!!" My mother shouted.

"Aight ma!! I'm up!!" I replied rolling over the other side of the bed.

I drifted back to sleep not long after that. I'm a lover to my bed. Leaving it is impossible for me to do sometimes. This time instead of being reasonable my mom burst in like 5-0 ready for some hell raising.

"That means now little boy!!!" She stated with a roar.

Slamming the door shut with the intent to break it in half. Damn, I hate when she does that. I feel like I'm in the army with the way she wakes me up sometimes. I get out of bed, rub my eyes, and prepare to get in the shower. I let the water get really hot before I step inside. I strip down and let the hot water relax me. I better not spend too much time here before Sergeant Slaughter comes beating down my door. I turn the shower off and prepare my usual morning routine. I take a look in the mirror and just admire myself.

Standing at 5 feet 9 inches, smooth light skin complexion, jade green eyes, low ginger colored fade, swimmers build, and cakes for days!!! I'm not a pretty boy, I just think I'm average. I finished getting dressed and I get a call from my best friend Kamya.

"Hey, bestie boo-boo!!!" Kamya said with her usual goofy excitement.

I respond back with the same energy "Hey sis, wassup?"

"OMG Adonis, I'm just so excited today. Can you believe it's already our senior year??" She inquired.

"I know right!! I'm happy it's finally here!!" I exclaimed with glee.

"Anyways, are you still picking me up?" She asked fearing the school bus system.

"But of course, I'm getting ready now," I was searching through my closet picking out shirts.

"Aight bitch, don't take forever and a week to pick me up. Ain't nobody got time to be waiting on you." She states with a pitch sass.

"Ooop, don't do me hoe. Keep talking and yo ass will be walking!! It takes time to get all this fineness ready." I replied.

"Boy. Boo. Bye!" She snapped back hanging up the phone with the quickness. I could do nothing but shake my head and laugh.

Damn, I love that girl. Kamya and I have been friends since elementary school. She knows and understands me so much that it ain't even funny. She was also the first person that I came out to. I've played the DL role for years. I was tired of living a double life and didn't care what others thought about me. I've been openly gay ever since. I look through my closet to see what I'm gonna wear. I've done a lot of shopping this summer, so I refuse to look tacky. I eventually put on a red graphic shirt, a pair of cargo shorts, my brand new Jordan's, and a red and black snapback. After spraying my Dolce and Gabbana cologne on, I grab my phone, keys, backpack and head out the door. I put my backpack in the back seat of my 2010 Honda Civic. I start the car and let Mya know I was on my way over. I arrive at her mother's house and blow my horn, pretty sure I woke up the whole neighborhood. She steps out the house looking fly as ever.

Standing at 5 feet 5 inches, slightly fair skin, rocking the jet black finger waves, electric blue eyes, and a body out of this world. If I was straight, I would hit lol. Her personality is much like mine. As she opens the car door she pulls me into the biggest most dramatic hug ever.

"Bestfriend I've missed you so much!!!" Mya said overly excited.

"Damn girl I missed you too," I uttered beneath her smothering me.

"You look cute, who are you trying to impress?" She questioned with curiosity eyeing my fit.

"Chile, please. Ain't nobody at that school check-in for me." I nervously chuckled a little bit.

Kamya looked at me blankly for a moment. It was kind of weird but, suddenly, she punched me dead in the back of my head. It was kind of surprising.

"WHAT THE F-"

"Adonis stop downing yourself! Your really attractive, charming, kind-hearted, intelligent, and you have the prettiest eyes in the world. Any guy would be lucky to have you." Kamya states confidently all while looking into my eyes.

I break eye contact and just shrugged my shoulders. She wasn't lying, I am an attractive guy but sometimes I don't see it. I can be a little insecure because I only got to experience love only time, but that ended when me and my love JaQuan broke up sophomore year. I've been single ever since.

"I guess you're right," I replied rubbing my the back of my head.

Eventually, we pull up to Cross High School and search for a parking spot. Perusal, on the first day of school everyone is here early, blasting music, dancing, socializing, reuniting, and having a good time before the first bell rings. We find a spot and get out the car. As soon as we get out the car, we are bombarded by lots of people. Kamya and I basically ran Cross High. With me being the captain of the step team, editor of the school newspaper, head of the pep squad committee, and class president. Mya was captain of the cheer squad, best-dressed female, Vice President of our class, and elected Ms. Cross High School.

After making our way through the crowd, the first bell rings and everyone heads inside the school. Getting through the doors is a tragedy for some but we made it through with no problem. Signs of a good start. I immediately went to my locker being that it's been the same every year and one of my favorite spots.

"Who do you have for homeroom?" I asked her opening my locker.

From the look on her face, it was one of the more annoying and maybe the shady types. I'm guessing between Ms. Washington the dry one or that evil Mr. Monroe who gives homework throughout the whole year.

"I got Ms. Washington." She replied with a little pouty face.

"I got Mr. Frazier child" I announced with a pure smile on my face.

Her face said it all and she processed to ask me "You wanna switch??"

"Nah, I'm good. I need some eye candy anyway." I grinned shutting my locker.

"Ugh, you suck!! I'm going to class. I'll see you at lunch." She said with the glum expression.

"Aight later hun." I give her a small hug and head for my homeroom class.

Room 2120 was Mr. Frazier's classroom. I head in the classroom and survey the area for an empty seat. The teacher hasn't arrived yet so everyone is a bit rowdy right now. Mr. Frazier eventually walks in the class and everyone settles down. Mr. Frazier hands everyone the basic school forms and asks everyone to introduce them self. I tune him out and look around the class. Eventually, my eyes fall on this guy I've never seen before. He looks back at me and I instantly put my head down in embarrassment. As another student sits down he goes up to introduce himself.

"I'm Ja'Quez, I'm from New York-" He definitely was in his laidback stance and comfortable.

After I hear his name, I tune him out and just gaze at him. He was about 6'0, a nice Hershey skin tone, gray eyes, muscular build, twisted dreads with burgundy tips, and a deep voice. He was the true definition of beauty and I was instantly attracted to him. As he's wrapping up his introduction, he looks my way again and smiles. Here I am turning redder than a white boy with a bad sunburn.

Luckily, the bell rings and everyone rushes out the door. I follow suit while looking at my schedule and head to my next class is English 4. As I sit down I look over at the door and the guy from homeroom, Jaz, I think was what he said his name is casually made his way to the seat right behind me. Once again I stare at him, he smiles at me and I immediately put my head down in embarrassment. As the teacher, Ms.Richards explains the course syllabus, she tells everyone to get to take notes. Who the hell gives out class work on the first day?? Ugh!!! I grab my backpack for my notebook and pen when Jaz taps me on my shoulder.

"Aye bruh you got an extra pen?" He asked.

And of course, typical me spaces out over this dude. It's almost as if I can see the shit in the third person honestly and I look a mess. I promise you this may seem bad but there are things worse than an eye problem.

"YOOO bruh!!!" He called out waving his hand slightly as he's attempting to get my attention.

Lord, let me have the brain cells not to fuck this up and say something incredibly stupid. Please, please, please.

"Yeah, here you go," I barely uttered.

"Yo, good look bruh. A nigga ain't come prepared." He spoke and was gaging my face from his eye moment.

"Uhh, no problem man," I turn around and continue taking the notes Ms. Richards asked us to take. She eventually goes over the class rules, supplies and projects approaching. Just as I'm about to tune her out the bell rings, and I couldn't be happier. I jet out the classroom and go to my next class, however, as I'm walking I see my ex Boyfriend and immediately I get heated. He calls my name but I ignore him. I really don't have the time or patience to deal with his shit today.

The rest of the day was pretty much the same, teachers handing out forms, rules, and blah blah blah. I realize that Jaz is in the majority of my classes. I made sure I sat far away because, for some reason, I just can't contain myself when I look in those eyes of his. I head to the cafeteria and meet up with Kamya. She is sitting at the table with a few other cheerleaders I know, along with David and Zek from the step team. I sit down greeting everyone and join in the conversation. I guess you could say that this was my clique. We're always around each other in school and we end up sitting together at lunch.

"So what you got planned for the team this year captain?" David questioned grinning.

Zek followed up with some excitement "When does practice start, cause I'm ready to get back in competition mode."

"I'm gonna start practice next week so everyone can get adjusted to everything. Hopefully, we'll have another successful year." I elaborated continuing to enjoy my chicken sandwich.

"I hope you guys do being Y'all were undefeated last year." Mya chimed in sipping on Pepsi.

"Yeah we were...we will take the state title again this year." Zek declaring proudly after finishing off this whole plate of food.

"I just wanna hit the after parties like last year. The girls last year were-" David began ranting.

I tune them out and let them boast about their experiences with girls while we had competitions. I didn't really wanna hear about that. I look around the cafeteria and notice Jaz sitting near the basketball players. I guess he makes friends quick.

The bell rings and I head to my last class of the day which was PE. I really don't understand why I needed this class since I already took it. I sit on the sidelines and notice Jaz playing a basketball game with a few other guys. He runs down the court, his body covered in sweat, looking sexy as ever in his basketball shorts and Jordan's. I even notice the bulge in his shorts, and by the looks of it, he's packing a something a bit serious. He fakes up his opponent, goes around and shoots the ball. The ball goes in the net flawlessly. He looks back at me and flashes that million dollar smile at me. I smile back at him and continue watching them play.

A few minutes go by and the bell rings. School is finally over. I head out of the gym and I am approached by JaQuan. I try to walk past him but he blocks my way.

"What do you want from me JaQuan?" I asked in a blunt fashion

"Damn why you gotta be like that Adonis? Why won't you talk to me?" He queried taking my hands into his

I snatched my hands back "I don't have anything to say to you anymore bruh." I stated

He smirks a bit "Well, would it kill you to at least say hi to me?"

I rolled my eyes "Hi, now move out my way." I brush past him and rush out the door to the car. As he continuously shouting out for me I just repeat to myself that there is absolutely nothing to said. I refuse to deal with him on any level after all he's done. I don't know why he doesn't seem to get that.

"Don!!! Don!!!" He called out looking to see if I turn back.

I really didn't wanna see JaQuan at all. Even though he was my first love, he just has too much baggage and I really didn't wanna deal with him anymore. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I see I have a text from Mya basically saying I don't have to wait up.

Breathing a sigh of relief because I just wanted to go straight home and go to sleep after a long day. I arrive at my house and head to the kitchen for a snack. I grab a fruit roll up and head to my room. I go upstairs to my room, drop my backpack on the floor and plop straight down on the bed. I turn on my tv and I think about Jaz and that smile. Damn, I got it bad for him and I barely know the guy. I get lost in my thoughts and eventually fall asleep.
___________________

Thanks for reading. I'm hoping you all enjoyed. It's been in the works for a while. Share, Like, and Follow me on this journey of love
©Copyright (2018) (Steven Whitaker Jr.); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I see this is the author's first Chapter on GA.  It's a nice start with a strong main character introduction - there are already several possible dynamics in play be the end of the first day of school.  This could be interesting...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..