Jump to content
    Superpride
  • Author
  • 6,002 Words
  • 550 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Once Upon a Time - 9. The prince’s madness was cured.

The summer, a time when the trees bloomed, and everyone was at the beach enjoying the sunlight emitting from the clear, blue sky above. However, for Remy, it was the end of his tour of duty, and he was returning home to his family’s summer house where his parents and most of his extended family were at to celebrate his return. It was going to be a very happy occasion, especially since his tour of duty had officially guaranteed him a place in the Prince Charming order, an order dedicated to stopping all magical entities like witches, wolves, and ogres from endangering the livelihood of the human populace. Him and his kind were hailed as heroes, even celebrities who earned their status through their courageous acts…however, aside from the fame and influence that being in the order was attributed to, being with family was the aspect that Remy would always hold dear to him.

At the airport, Remy saw his chauffeur holding a paper sign with his name written on it, and Remy waved at him. The man greeted him and quickly took his two pieces of luggage, and he led Remy to the regal-looking black car that only a family of a wealthy status could own. Sitting at the back of the car, he refamiliarized himself with the soft, leather seating and the small television on the car’s ceiling that used to entertain him with cartoons when he was a child. He remembered the days when his parents would take long car trips to the national park where they would camp and enjoy themselves as a happy family. They would turn on the television to calm his restlessness of being an active young boy trapped in a seat of a car, and Remy would watch his cartoon before eventually falling asleep on the very same seat at the back of the car. Then when they made it to the camping site, he would be set free to a place that felt like a second home to him, a home filled with trees that he would climb on as an explorer of his own merit.

As soon as the chauffeur packed Remy’s luggage at the trunk of the car, they quickly left the airport and drove on the highway for about thirty minutes before they made it to the wealthy neighborhood on a small island that his family’s summer house was located at. Looking through the car window, Remy saw the lush, evenly cut lawns of three-to-four story houses that were painted a perfect white and almost shined by how new and clean they all looked. He then saw his family summer house, a place he enjoyed those summers when he had no school, and he would play at his personal treehouse, placed on an oak tree that stood proudly at the center of the backyard of the house. Aside from his family, he was looking forward to just seeing that tree again and reexploring his childhood memories.

Finally, at the end of the driveway, Remy saw his parents coming out of the front entrance of the house, and he knew he returned home. As soon as the car stopped, Remy got out and approached his mother who embraced him.

“Oh! I’m so happy to have my son back!” Remy’s mother muffled with her face pressed against his chest.

After a minute of tight constriction, Remy’s mother finally released him, only to be snatched by his father who hugged him even tighter since he was a man of both brains to run a billion-dollar company and the brawns that would intimidate even the gods of ancient Greece.

“Glad to have you back home and have the entire family be finally reunited once again,” Remy’s father proclaimed proudly.

“I’m glad too,” Remy wheezed before his father too let go.

Barking was then heard, and Remy smiled widely when the front door opened, and a huge dog of a golden retriever and German shepherd mix sprinted towards him with all four legs. The creature pounced on him, and Remy almost lost his footing as the animal ravaged his face with his tongue and he laughed as he was at the mercy of this beast named Teddy.

“Great to see you too, Teddy!”

Teddy barked again before resuming his attack on Remy by smothering his face onto Remy’s fatigues while whining with excitement. Remy ruffled the fur behind Teddy’s right ear who almost purred with satisfaction.

“The dog is not the only one whose happy you’re back home. Come on, Remy. The rest of the family is at the backyard,” his father stated.

Remy nodded, and his father coerced Teddy to let go of him with a treat that he wiggled above the dog’s reach. Remy followed his parents who walked into the house and into the backyard where dozens of his extended family were at. Dancing, drinking and diddling around, they all wore the appropriate clothing for the summer weather, which clashed greatly with Remy’s dark, camo fatigues. And that was only on the surface. Seeing these people conversing with one another happily and without sadness of any kind made Remy smile. Away from the tragedies that he had to confront during his tour of duty and back to the familiar haven of his family was a very welcoming sight that Remy would not give up for anything.

“Everyone! Remy has returned home!” his father exclaimed.

Everyone at the backyard turned and not even a half-second had passed before they all crowded around Remy. With many happy greetings and exclamatory congratulations for his courageous tour of duty, which he took as thank goodness you still have all your limbs intact, though he was still thankful too that his many family members appreciated his safe return home. With the sun smiling above with the complexion-free, clear sky, it brightened the scenery of the backyard, making it the perfect time to celebrate this event.

After the greetings were over, Remy was offered a plate and was given so much food on it that the paper construction was about to collapse. So, he quickly stuffed his face as he enjoyed the warm weather, the sunny sky and overall being surrounded by people who loved him dearly. He also appreciated the food that was homemade and was the opposite of the food he had to eat during his tour of duty that was made for him to survive rather than to be enjoyed. However, one thing that he noticed that was not perfect was the stump in the middle of the backyard, and he knew that the tree that was a major part of his childhood was gone.

Remy turned to his mother and was about to ask what happened to the tree when the double doors that led to the backyard sprung open and an unknown man appeared. With his hair completely disheveled and his clothes dirtied, he stomped into the backyard and some of Remy’s family members expressed shock with their faces and some even cursing at the man’s direction. Remy was confused on who this person was; it seemed that he was the only person who did not know who this man intruding into this event was. Even his parents had this sense of recognition on their faces as they looked at the man who was looking back at them with poisonous eyes; his parents looking down with what looked like sadness.

Stopping at the center of the backyard, everyone was silent as the man looked around with a smirk before saying, “Well! Isn’t this a grand event! It looks like the whole family tree is here.”

“What are you doing here, boy?” Remy’s father demanded as he held his wife who had her face covered on his chest.

The man snickered. “Seriously? That’s all you can address me as? Boy?” The man shook his head as he moved around skittishly, and Remy placed his plate of food down, ready to confront this man if he tried anything dangerous. “You can’t address me with my name anymore? You can’t say Jeremy? Or at least son?”

“That’s enough!” Remy’s wife shouted with black tears of mascara staining her face.

“Can’t face the truth, can you? Neither can Dad. Neither can this entire family. You all can’t face the truth that your little Jeremy didn’t want to go down the road of becoming the next Prince Charming after his first tour of duty since he got a curse that is killing him, huh?” Facing Remy, the man looked at him with severe malice as he pointed at him and exclaimed. “Instead you replace me with a wooden puppet! A puppet that will do all of your bidding, as well as be your perfect boy!”

Remy walked towards this Jeremy guy until they were only a few feet from each other before saying, “Look. I don’t know who you are exactly, but what I do know is that you’re not wanted here, so I strongly advise you to—”

Jeremy grabbed Remy by the front of his fatigue shirt and with his mouth close to Remy’s ear, he said, “Do you want to know the truth of you really are? Then follow these directions.” Jeremy placed something in the front pocket of his shirt. “You’re just a servant to them, and I know how to untie you and set you free.”

“Stop hurting him!”

Remy turned his face to see his father coming towards them before separating them by the shoulders with his bare hands.

“The only person who’s hurting here is your real son.” Jeremy shook his head and looked at Remy before turning around and saying, “I’m out of here.”

This mysterious man, Jeremy, walked away, slamming the double doors closed and leaving the party in complete silence. Remy pulled out the item from his pocket and saw that it was a small card that had an address scribbled on it. He was still very confused on who this man was; no way was that man his brother or that Remy was a puppet whose strings were being pulled by his parents. The second lie was more absurd since he ate, slept and took a piss like any living person. None of what Jeremy said made any sense, and Remy should have forgotten about him, but somewhere deep inside his head told him there was something substantial with what Jeremy just said that he needed to know.

“Are you okay, son?”

Remy turned to his father who was red in the face, but his eyes looked worried as he placed his hand on Remy’s shoulder. “I’m…I’m okay. Who…was he?”

“Just a crazy man who thinks he can mooch off us by saying that he’s part of the family. Don’t think anything of it. Just enjoy your return back home, son.” Remy’s father smiled and walked back to his mother who still looked shocked as he leaned her hand on a table.

Remy wanted to believe that his father was telling him the truth, and the man was just some crazy moocher. It seemed the rest of his family believed that as they started talking amongst each other again and enjoying the food that was served. However, something kept nagging him, kept pulling at him to wonder what exactly the truth was.

Remy then thought it could not hurt to find Jeremy again and talk to him, and Remy would be the judge on whether this man was just a liar or if there was something truthful to what he just said. He hoped for the former as he looked at the address of the card before placing it back in his pocket, reminding himself to look for the directions of the place on his computer later after the party was over.

After looking up the address online, Remy realized that the place was of walking distance. So, after the party was over and all his extended family went back home, he decided to take off his fatigues he had been wearing for the whole day and changed into a simple jogging outfit. Doing some quick stretches, he then told his parents that he was going out for an hour-long jog and that he would return before midnight. They allowed him and seconds later he was jogging out of the neighborhood and to the location where Jeremy apparently lived at.

Ten minutes later, Remy entered another neighborhood that surprised him since it was still under construction. He was even more surprised when he discovered the house that had the address that Jeremy gave him was an actual show house, the only completed house in the neighborhood that was nothing more than a house that was used as a display of what the other houses would look like. He had to the check the address on the mailbox to make sure that he had the right place before walking onto the short, paved walkway.

Seeing a dim light coming from a window on the second floor, the house was apparently being occupied, by Jeremy most likely. So, approaching the front door, Remy knocked a few times and rang the doorbell to make sure that Jeremy knew that he was outside at the front porch. Not even ten sounds later and he heard footsteps coming from inside and the door opening a moment later. He then was introduced by Jeremy who looked completely different; his hair looked like he just taken a shower, and he was wearing a clean shirt and jogging short. He looked less demented versus when Remy first saw him at the party; though, his had dark circles on his eyes and his thick stubble suggested that he had seen better days.

“H-Hi. Jeremy, right?” Remy asked.

“Yeah, that’s me. And you must be my parents’ prodigal son.” Jeremy looked Remy up and down before scoffing. “I’m surprised you came today. I guess my parents aren’t pulling all your strings.”

Remy furrowed his eyebrows and said, “I told them I was going out for a jog.”

“Oh, so you didn’t tell them the whole truth.” Jeremy snickered. “That’s fine. Why don’t you come inside?”

Remy peered over Jeremy’s shoulder, wondering if he should since it could be a trap set by not only a menace, but a murderer as well. “I…I don’t know.”

“Come on. You came here because you’re questioning who you really are after I arrived at your little ‘Welcome Home’ party, right?”

Remy reluctantly nodded. “Something like that.”

“Then get inside, and I’ll tell you everything.” Jeremy stepped to the side and allowed space for Remy to enter inside.

Looking around the half-built neighborhood, Remy decided to enter inside the show house since he knew that he could overpower a man like Jeremy who was shorter and less built then him if he had to.

Closing the door behind him, Jeremy said, “Just stay in the kitchen. I’ll be back in a minute with something important. If you want, there’s some bottled water in the fridge.”

Remy watched as Jeremy disappeared and heard his footsteps going up the staircase. Looking around, he saw that the kitchen was completely clean, unused judging by the shiny counters and kitchen appliances. On the kitchen island was a bowl of fruit, and with a quick inspection showed that they were fake. This also included the fake houseplants and stock photographs of happy people in pictures that lined the wall. Opening the refrigerator, the only items inside were bottles of water, otherwise the inside was completely clean and empty. The place reminded him of a dollhouse, where everything was clean and simplified for children to play with their dolls.

Knowing he was thirsty after that jog, Remy took a bottle of water and drank it at the kitchen island just as Jeremy returned with what looked like a book.

“Do you feel at home?” Jeremy asked that came off as more of a joke.

Remy just shrugged as he placed his water down and asked, “What’s that?”

“Just a book that contains my family’s genealogy, the people who you believe are your family.” Dropping the thick book down on the island countertop and sitting next to Remy, Jeremy then said, “I took this with me when I left home, thinking it was going to become useful one day, and it seems that I was right. Take a look.”

Remy looked at Jeremy who just motioned his hand for him to open it. So, opening the book to the first page, he saw the family genealogy that represented all his family members, but instead of a tree formation all the names were connected with lines or string that went from left to right like a crime board. A closer look revealed that the family tree began with two people who had several children who then had children of their own and so on. As he looked to the right, he realized that there were sons who died and judging by their date of birth and death that was labeled under their names, they all died around their twenties and that was where that branch of the family ended. Looking at the end of the second page, he saw the names of his parents and…the name of Jeremy.

Looking at Jeremy with confusion, he took the book from Remy’s hands and said, “It’s essentially a family curse. It all began with a tree that grew back when colonists from Europe began migrating to America, one of them included my grandfather more than a dozen generations ago. He fell in love with a Native American woman who was also a tree spirit, but when it the time came to admit his love for her to the other colonists, he instead couldn’t tell the truth and instead married a woman from the colony who would be my grandmother. The tree spirit was very heartbroken, and when my grandfather decided to chop down her tree down for whatever reason, she enacted revenge by cursing the sons of future generations to go through a state madness until they were either institutionalized or died.

“My grandfather had at least a dozen children, and over the generations a branch of the family would have an only child, a son who would become mad and eventually died, leaving the branch without anyone to continue growing it. Now, go to today and my parents had a child…me. After they tried to get me into the Charming order, so I could climb the ranks and become Prince Charming, I went mad as well. My parents, the people who you believe are your parents, were in denial about what was happening to me and decided to disown me rather than find a way to end the curse. To cope with disowning their only son, they decided to chop down the tree at the backyard of their summer house and create a new son…you. They made you specifically to replace me, and with the strings attached to you, they can control you and make you do anything they want from being the new Prince Charming to just being their obedient son who isn’t becoming madder with each passing day.”

Remy stood up from his seat and looked at Jeremy like he was insane. “Do you really think that I’d believe any what you just said to me?”

Smirking, Jeremy said, “You obviously have some doubts about your existence if you decided to come here.”

“I only came here because…because…”

Jeremy then chuckled and said, “Oh! Are you trying to lie right now, Remy boy? Well, it looks like my parents prevented you from doing so by those strings I was just talking about.” Standing up from his seat as well, he walked to Remy and continued by saying, “You’re just a puppet to replace me, Remy, and like any puppet, they have strings that a master can use to control your every movement and action. You might be in denial right now, but you’ll eventually see that your whole life, or the life that you thought you had is a complete lie. And the sooner you realize that, the sooner you can cut away those strings and live an authentic life.”

With his back pressed against a wall, Remy looked away from Jeremy who was only a few feet away from him. “If…If what you’re say is true…then what the hell do you get out of telling me that I’m just a puppet and that my whole life is a lie?”

Crossing his arms, Jeremy said, “I just want my parents to realize that I’m still their son. That can’t happen until you’re out of the picture, and I’d rather just tell you the truth rather than do something that would be criminal if it was done on a normal human. And the only way I can relieve myself of this family curse that is causing me to go mad is through my parents. Even the genealogy doesn’t explain how to break the curse, and my parents are the only source I have left, and I can only go to them for help if they first acknowledge this curse even exists.”

Remy turned his face to look at Jeremy who was looking down, saddened by the apparent reality and he said, “So…you said you could set me free… How will you do that exactly?”

“Not me…you.” Taking a step closer, Jeremy said, “Just think, Remy. Think of the worst thing you could ever do to my parents, something that would be an act of betrayal. Just close your eyes and think.”

Remy closed his eyes as instructed, and though he was experiencing so many emotions, none of them positive, he thought about what the worst thing he could do to his parents, but could not. “I…I can’t.”

“Come on, there has to be something.”

“What? Do you have something in mind?” Remy asked in frustration.

“I do. But it has to be you who thinks of it. That’s the first step of allowing yourself to cut those strings and break free of their control. So, keep thinking.”

Sighing, Remy continued thinking until he opened his eyes and said, “I…I know what I can do.”

“Well?” Jeremy’s eyes were raised with anticipation.

Remy looked at Jeremy in the eyes and said, “I caught my…your…I caught Dad cheating on Mom with another person. I was visiting his work to drop off his lunch made by Mom and…saw him kissing his secretary in his office… He then saw me and made me keep what I know a secret from Mom. I could tell Mom about Dad’s affair and…”

Jeremy took a step back, looking shocked by what Remy just said, “Wow I didn’t… I was going to say that you something completely different, but that… God.”

“Worst yet…his secretary…was another man,” Remy admitted.

Jeremy’s eyes were wide and before Remy could explain more, Jeremy twisted around and swiped his hand at the glass bowl of fruit. All of it fell to the floor, the bowl shattering on the kitchen’s hard linoleum floor and the plastic fruit scattering everywhere. Judging by that reaction, Remy knew that Jeremy was distraught by the news of what his father done and were most likely his actual parents, while Remy was just a puppet as he was just told he was.

“It’s one thing to cheat on Mom…but the fact that he’s doing it with another man… I should’ve known it when he went crazy after finding out that gay porn magazine I had under my bed when I was a teenager. He sent me to boot camp after that discovery and would later get me into training to become part of the Charming order because he believed that would cure me of my gayness like it did for him…but I guess I was wrong.” Jeremy then chuckled and said, “Like father like son, I suppose.”

Remy looked away. “I guess so.”

Jeremy then turned around and said, “And what about you, huh? Are you what my father calls a ‘cocksucker’ like me?”

Shaking his head, Remy said, “No. I’m not.”

Sneaking a glance, Remy saw Jeremy looking back at him with narrowed eyes, and then Jeremy smirked before saying, “Oh, really? Have you ever been with a man?”

Remy looked directly at Jeremy and with anger said, “What are you talking about? No, of course!”

“Well…have you been with a woman? Anyone?” Jeremy took a couple steps towards Remy.

Remy shook his head.

“Then how do you know until you dipped your wand into the cauldron?” Jeremy chuckled and looked up and down at Remy again, but with something strange in his eyes as he did the action. “You’re very easy in the eyes, most likely what my parents wanted. You’ve probably been propositioned plenty of times after you’ve been created to replace me.” Jeremy’s face was only a few inches from Remy’s as his eyes scanned every part of Remy’s.

His breathing getting heavier and still looking away, Remy said, “I still don’t believe that I’m just a puppet. I mean I eat. I sleep. I—”

“Fuck?” When Remy did not respond, Jeremy snickered and said, “I’ve read that puppetry has become so advanced that puppets have become almost indistinguishable from the real thing, like how androids in technology are advancing to that point of realism as well… Anyways, how about you prove to me that you’re not just some fancy imitation, and that you’re indeed the real thing… How about you show me what you’re equipped with?”

Remy shut his eyes tightly as he felt Jeremy’s hand roaming down his shirt until it reached the waistband of his jogging pants. Then his fingers pulled the elastic fabric and began pulling it down before Remy grabbed his hand, halting him from continuing. Remy reopened his eyes and turned to face Jeremy who looked surprised by the action. With his breathing almost sounding like sobs, Jeremy must have taken it as a sign to stop as his hand released its hold on the waistband and then dropped it to his side.

“I’m…I’m sorry,” Jeremy apologized. “I took it too far and shouldn’t have assumed that you—”

Remy suddenly Jeremy by the front of his shirt and their lips crashed together into a fierce kiss. Jeremy mumbled something incoherent before continuing the kiss that was quickly becoming more ferocious and passionate. Remy wanted to prove this Jeremy that he was not a mere puppet, and the newfound pleasure that was coursing inside him not only shocked and scared him, it also made him feel so amazing as he continued to kiss Jeremy. His slim jogging pants were already getting tighter as his woody thickened beneath the fabric.

“Damn you taste good,” Jeremy growled after he pulled back to breathe. Looking down, he then said, “And wonder what that tastes like as well.”

Biting his lower lip, Remy pulled down his jogging pants far enough, so his erection sprang out before pushing Jeremy down by the shoulder onto his knees. Remy licked his lips as he felt Jeremy’s hot breath brushing his thick rod, and when Jeremy darted his tongue along the slit, his knees almost gave away from just that touch. And then the man took Remy’s cock completely in his mouth and did things that he never knew he could ever feel; Remy just closed his eyes and enjoy the ride and everything else that Jeremy did to his body all. Night. Long.

***

Remy awakened when he felt something graze his cheek, and when he opened his eyes he saw Jeremy looking back at him with a smile on his face and fingers on his cheek. The two men were lying on a bed that was perfectly made before they collapsed onto it and destroyed the sheets the night before. The astounding things that Jeremy did to his body were unheard of to him until last night, and the last thing that he remembered was busting his fifth and final seed inside Jeremy’s ass before dropping onto the unmade bed and falling asleep from pure exhaustion.

Now that Remy was awakened, he was surprised to see Jeremy in a whole new light. The dark circles under his eyes were gone and his overall complexion looked much clearer as well. He looked happier too, not the look of derangement he first saw back at the party, and Remy felt the same as well. In fact, he never felt so happy before, like something that was blocking him from having this amount of happiness was finally removed. He was more than happy, he was elated, and it seemed to have come from the night that he spent with Jeremy. And not only happy, he felt alive too…and free as he placed his hand on top of Jeremy’s and relished the sensations that he was experience with this other man that he did not believe was a wish that ever wanted. Until it came true.

“Good morning,” Jeremy said with a bright smile. “Sorry for waking you.”

Smiling back, Jeremy said, “It’s okay… Last night was…”

“Amazing?” Jeremy said with a chuckle. “Yeah…I thought so, too.”

“It was more than amazing… I…I feel so alive right now…and free.”

“I guess that no-strings-attached sex also pulled all those strings that were once controlling…and it seemed that it did something to me as well.”

Remy nodded. “I can tell. You look different…in a great way.”

“And it’s all thanks to you,” Jeremy said, pressing a light kiss onto Remy’s lips. “I always thought that breaking the curse meant that I needed to stop lying to myself, which was true…but I needed to know that I was capable to loving someone and not think that I was going to be alone forever… It’s funny how many men I’ve gone through to break the curse, thinking it was because I was in denial of my sexuality, only to make me feel more alone and madder with every one-night stand. Now, though…” Propping himself up with an elbow on the bed, Jeremy continued by saying, “My parents never truly loved me; they only saw me as a way to advance their social status in the community, and whenever I thought it was too much when I was young, I would go to my treehouse and vent my emotions away…the same tree where you came from.”

Remy knew what Jeremy was talking about and said, “You saw that treehouse as your only safe haven, the place that you allowed you to express your emotions like sadness, anger, fear…”

“And love,” Jeremy said as he scooted closer to Remy. “I loved that treehouse and tree like it was my only friend. So, when I heard it was chopped down, I thought the only thing that I ever loved was gone forever…but it looks like I was wrong. Now you’re here, and we can be together…only if you’ll have me though.” Jeremy looked at the ceiling. “I understand if you don’t want to continue what we shared together last night. I was a complete mess before and still am. You don’t have to abandon your perfect life just to be with me. And I’m serious. Just tell me that you’re ready to leave, and I’ll accept that. My curse was been broken, and I can finally live a normal life. Thanks to you.”

Remy was about to say something when he heard a loud noise coming from inside the house. He and Jeremy looked at each other with concern, and when they heard someone stomping up the staircase, they quickly got out of the bed and managed to get their boxers on. Then the door to the bedroom slammed open and Remy’s father appeared with his face red and veins bulging on his creased forehead. He was fuming through his nose, and when he looked between Remy and Jeremy with only their boxers on, he looked shocked before growling as he stomped towards Jeremy who backed himself against the nightstand.

“How dare you, boy? You defiled my son, and you have the audacity to do it only ten minutes away from my home!” Remy’s father shouted before grabbing Jeremy’s neck.

“Get away from me, you fuck!” Jeremy said as he was lifted by the neck.

“Don’t talk to me like that, boy!”

Remy instantly jumped over to the other side of the bed and pulled his father away from Jeremy. “Get away from him!” The man was sent against the wall, creating a small hole, while Remy pulled his lover back onto his feet. “Are you okay?”

Jeremy nodded, and he looked back his father and said, “I can’t believe this shit.”

Groaning, Remy’s father looked at both of them and with a sneer said, “All I wanted was a person, a son who I could call my own…and it seems that not even a puppet could do that.”

That statement hurt more than Remy cared to admit, and he felt hollow for moment until he felt Jeremy grab his hand and hold it firmly.

“Yeah, whatever you say, Dad. Just get out of here now, or you’ll end up without a wife as well. I know what you were doing with that male secretary of yours, and unless you want everyone to know, you’ll leave now.”

Standing up with his forehead bleeding, Remy’s father said, “You…You wouldn’t.”

“Try me… Try us.” Jeremy gripped Remy’s hand warmly.

Looking back and forth between the two lovers, Remy’s father then shook his head and said, “Disappointments…both of you.”

Soon disappearing through the bedroom door, Jeremy released his hold on Remy’s hand and began packing his clothes into a worn-out backpack. “I’m sorry if you wanted to return back to your life with my…with your parents.” Zipping it up, he then turned to Remy and placed both hands on his cheek. “But you can come with me. We travel the roads and finally live free of any strings or curses… What do you say?”

Looking down for a moment, Remy looked back at Jeremy with a smile and said, “Hell yeah. Let’s do it.”

Jeremy let out a relieved chuckle and with their foreheads pressed together, he said, “It won’t be a glamorous life, but it will be a life nonetheless. And one day we’ll settle down after we have the time of our lives and maybe raise a family together. And live our own happily ever after.”

Remy nodded and placed his lips onto Jeremy’s. “That sounds amazing.”

The two men began packing everything that Jeremy took into the house. Remy changed into his lover’s clothing, and though they were sort of tight, it still fitted. They then walked to the garage where a classic convertible was parked at, and after moving everything into the trunk of the car, Jeremy pressed a button on the wall and allowed the garage door to roll open. Getting inside, Jeremy knew turned the key in the ignition and started the car before reversing and turning onto the road.

“I got a tent and other supplies in the trunk as well. Do you want to go camping at the nearest site?” Jeremy asked, pressing a button and pulling down the ceiling.

Remy smiled. “Definitely.”

“Great. You won’t regret it, Remy.”

As the sun began rising above the horizon and with the top down that allowed the fresh wind to blow past them, Remy looked at Jeremy who was adjusting the rearview mirror. He then held Remy’s hand on the console and began rubbing his thumb on his knuckles. Remy smiled and held onto his hand warmly as they drove along the road to who knew where. The prince’s madness was cured and was replaced with something else entirely, and it was love. And with Remy finally free from the constraints of those tightening strings, he could finally live a carefree life with a man who would someday call his own.

Story Cards: Summer (Place), Returned (Event), Tree (Thing), Cursed (Aspect). Book (Thing), Road (Place)
Copyright © 2018 Superpride; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow. What a screwed up family.  I do wonder how the old man is going to explain losing a second son to his wife. 😆.  Remy and Jeremy on the road together both free of their own curses.  This is a true happily ever after. Thanks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, glennish said:

Wow. What a screwed up family.  I do wonder how the old man is going to explain losing a second son to his wife. 😆.  Remy and Jeremy on the road together both free of their own curses.  This is a true happily ever after. Thanks. 

 

Yeah, the curse did a number on the family.  At least Jeremy is cured of his curse and Remy can finally live a life with no strings attached haha.  Thank you for the comment!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..