Jump to content
    Tiger
  • Author
  • 6,581 Words
  • 1,756 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dark Earth: The Prophecy - 10. Chapter 10

Cristobel and Julian resolve some issues. Meanwhile, a special guest arrives in the Dark Earth Universe.

Chapter 10: Passages

 

Cristobel’s Diary January 12, 3007

I really missed having Julian resting comfortably in our bed as I write. He looks so peaceful. We both ended up staying all night last night. I missed his touch so much. We made love for hours last night. I love having him deep inside me, as he kisses me and caresses me with his tender hands. It’s hard to believe he’s only been here for just over a week, and I already cannot imagine my life without him. He completes me…

********************

“Cristobel, you’re not going to believe this,” I gasped as chills ran down my spine. As if I needed to have another dream…

“What’s wrong, baby?” Cristobel asked distressingly.

“We have a problem.” I paused not knowing exactly what I should say. My dream gave me some of the most disconcerting revelations ever revealed to me in a dream. I had already known that Cristobel and I were destined to face evil, especially in the form of the Dark Knights, but that was still in the future, after we faced other terrible foes. Already we had slain Raging Tiger and Queen Bitch, but another name made me cringe with fear, the name Quake. Adriana wanted me to research all the leaders of the rogue compounds. His name was at the top of the list of the most dangerous rogues. His power made many of my own seem tame in the game of compare and contrast. Shockwave was one of my most lethal powers at the time. Quake had control of earthquakes, including a blast of energy capable of causing an earthquake within the human body, a power similar to my shockwave with the distinct advantage of a distant attack. Add that to his ability to destroy entire cities and you have one dangerous, egomaniacal son of a bitch.

“Julian, you need to tell me what’s wrong,” Cristobel shrieked.

“Have you read about Quake?” I asked sheepishly. Cristobel trembled, barely able to nod in affirmation and certainly incapable of speech. “He knows about the assaults. He’s taking his leadership skills to a whole new level. I’m not sure who it was, but he has a sidekick, one with a strange voice and horns protruding from his skull. He was wearing a black hood. The hood had conveniently placed holes for the horns. He has to be a feral, with limited ability to transform into human form. Anyway, the two of them were talking about their plan to unite all the rogue groups. They had a young woman tied in the corner. The mystery man shot laser beams from his eyes, severely wounding the young maiden. He killed her when he was done.”

“That’s absolutely dreadful,” Cristobel complained as tears trickled from his eyes. “This mystery man seems to be just as evil as Quake, perhaps even more so.”

“There’s more,” I said hesitantly. “They mentioned that they have someone working on the inside. Apparently, there is a traitor among us, feeding them information about the assaults and other activities. I have no idea what they’re planning, but this is not good news, especially considering that Quake is our next target. As for the mystery man, I have no idea who he is.”

“The traitor could be anyone. We can’t even rule out members of the army,” Cristobel warned. “They all have a dark side. We have to talk to my brother.”

“Agreed,” I mumbled with a sigh. “I have serious doubts that our traitor would be Adriana or him though. However, we should talk to the council as a precaution. By the way, I’m sorry for the interruption. I know you love writing in your journal.”

“Julian, you’re much more important than my journal. You should know that by now.”

“I know that. I just know it’s therapeutic for you.” Cristobel smiled. At that point in time, I could have looked into his sparkling eyes for hours and never suffer from boredom. He tossed his journal aside with blatant disregard before straddled me in feverish lust. I could already feel my hardness pressing into his own. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes with adoration. I lifted my head as he swept in for a kiss. I gently grabbed his hair as we started kissing. His tongue lunged into my mouth with pyretic urgency, and he bellowed a gentle moan.

He relinquished our passionate kiss, his tongue immediately finding my neck. His fingertips gently caressed my sides, sending chills down my spine. I could not even move as his amazing hands and mouth propelled me into pure felicity. He slipped further down my body, taking advantage of my stiffening nipples. His marvelous tongue encircled my left nipple as his left hand caressed and clasped my right one. My rigid warrior was already percolating an abundance of pre-cum. “God, I love you Cristobel.”

“I love you too, Julian, now and forever.” Cristobel took advantage of the evanescent interruption by switching nipples. This time he lightly tugged my nipple with his teeth, producing a loud moan from my vocal chords as I returned to sheer ecstasy.

Masterfully Cristobel’s meandering tongue and fingers gently caressed my quivering body on a southward journey. His tongue encircled my navel as his hands massaged my hips, my hardness entrapped by his downy yet manly chest. At that moment I knew I was the center of his universe…

Methodically, my lover caressed the inside of my thigh as he tenderly delivered dozens of sweet kisses to my lower abdomen. I gingerly caressed his hair, a token of my appreciation for his VIP treatment. Cristobel sensed a need he had yet to fulfill. His hand embraced the shaft of my throbbing manhood. He aligned his rapacious mouth with the head, delicately brushing it with his tongue. My toes curled as a powerful gasp escaped my vocal folds. Soon, he engulfed the head, leaving me awestruck.

The attraction power had its advantage as every single stroke took me to new heights of ecstasy. Cristobel traveled all the way down shaft, tickling the head with his tongue and roof of his mouth. His head moved up and down relentlessly as his enchanted hands caressed my balls. I could feel the impending cascade coming forth. My desire to delay it was futile, for Cristobel’s desire was to receive my intense explosion at once. My entire body shuddered in a frenzy so intense that I couldn’t even chirp as a shockwave of my seed spilled into Cristobel’s ravenous mouth. Cristobel returned his attention to kissing as he shared the bounty with me.

“That was incredible,” I gasped. I couldn’t even move, but I knew I couldn’t leave the favor unreturned. “Fuck me now!” There was no need to reply. Cristobel fetched the lube. I opened my legs, allowing him to thoroughly anoint me. He lubed two fingers and lined them up against my love canal. I sensed pressure as his digits immersed themselves deeper into the canal. He increased the speed and intensity, sending me back into complete felicity. Tenderly yet vigorously, his digits penetrated me many times. I was ready for something more. He sensed my burning desire for oneness. He removed his fingers, leaving me with a sense of temporary emptiness.

Cristobel applied a generous amount of lube to his uncircumcised warrior. Soon he was pressed firmly against me. Slowly he made his descent. I was able to accommodate easily, as if he were made just for me. Initially the rhythm was slow and gentle. I was in paradise as he wrapped his arms around me. Our lips pressed together, producing the most passionate kiss either of us had ever experienced. He leaned up after our kiss, allowing increased vigor. My second explosion was imminent. Once again, we managed to erupt simultaneously. Once he was completely drained, Cristobel collapsed on top of me. We didn’t bother cleaning up, falling asleep just as we were. Cristobel was my blanket through the night.

Morning came too quickly. I knew the day would be bearable as long as I had my beloved with me. Our connection was stronger than ever. I made a decision that would change everything, and I knew Cristobel would agree. We had to speak to the council, so I decided to reveal my decision during the meeting.

“Baby, we need to get ready,” I said softly.

“I don’t want to,” Cristobel whined. “Let’s stay here in bed all day.” I had no alternative. I levitated him off me. “Stop it, Julian!”

“You’re not giving me a choice, honey,” I laughed. “We have to shower and go to White Knight City this morning.” Cristobel was being incorrigible as he levitated me to his own body, showering me with affection. “Oh, I suppose we can fool around before we go.” That was exactly what he had in mind. Doggy style on the ceiling was quite the adventure, and so was the missionary position in mid-air.

********************

As soon as we were ready, Cristobel and I teleported to White Knight City, home of The White Knight Society’s headquarters. We decided to teleport to HQ’s entrance. We walked into the building, the front desk being our first destination. The old woman with grey hair and green eyes seemed preoccupied. “Excuse me, miss.”

“Can’t you see that I’m busy?” she snapped. “What business do you children have here?”

“We’re here to see the council,” Cristobel said prosaically.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” Her anger fed me. It was so intoxicating. “I’ll have to destroy the two of you myself”

“Bitch, you have no idea who you’re dealing with.” I snapped. “Have you ever heard of Black Heart? He’s my dad. Do you know what that means?” My eyes became cat-like; the red aura became visible. Paper floated around the room. The old woman said not a word. Her mind was completely open. Her anger turned to fear, but all negative emotions fueled me. “I forgot to mention that Oracle is my aunt. I can read your mind, wench. We want to see the council NOW!” The rage absorption aura fueled all my powers, especially telekinesis.

“Sheila, I suggest that you stop pissing him off,” Carculius warned. “He is even more powerful than me. You don’t stand a chance against him.”

“Yes sir,” Sheila said squeamishly.

“Sheila, you might want to go change your clothes.” I knew she had urinated and defecated in her pants. One disadvantage of having animalistic senses was that of smell. She ran out of the room screaming.

“Remind me not to piss you off, Julian,” Cristobel joked.

“Don’t worry, babe,” I said affectionately. “I won’t scare you like that. Besides, we found much more amusing uses for our powers earlier.”

Carculius cleared his throat, clearly expressing lack of amusement. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“We came here to speak with you and the rest of the council,” Cristobel replied. “We have important issues to discuss.”

“Very well then,” Carculius said languidly. “Meet me in the conference room in ten minutes.”

After Carculius departed, we noticed another woman seated at the front desk. Apparently, Sheila was gone for the day. The new woman was much younger with golden blond hair and indigo eyes. We approached her, intrigued by her beauty and mystery.

“Hi,” Cristobel said flirtatiously.

“Hello yourself,” she replied. “Will you marry me?”

Through telepathy, I said to Cristobel, “You are so bad. We have a much more important reason to be here. Besides, you’re forgetting something.”

“I’m sorry,” Cristobel replied, “but my heart belongs to another.” The poor girl burst into tears. She was inconsolable. Oracle came into the lobby. She was quite dismayed by the young girl’s blubbering.

“What did you do to her, Cristobel?” Oracle asked accusingly. “Do you have any idea what could happen if you use the attraction power and then push the person away? It could be most unfavorable. We’ve tested it quite extensively. For now, send her into a dream. It shall not be a nightmare!”

“Yes, ma’am,” Cristobel said meekly. A glowing white ball appeared in Cristobel’s hand. He blew it away with a kiss. The fair damsel fell asleep instantly.

“I know you two have a mischievous side, but could you at least try to act like adults while you’re here?”

“Yes, ma’am,” Cristobel and I said in unison.

“Are you two here to see the council?”

“Yes, we are,” was my reply. “We already spoke to Carculius. He told us to meet him in the conference room in ten minutes. It’s been less than five.”

“Well, I think we should go there now. Carculius is probably looking for my husband. I was hoping to speak to Adriana. Have you talked to her this morning?”

“No, we haven’t. I had one of ‘those’ dreams last night,” I sighed. “I had to tell you about it first. I’ll explain in the conference room.”

“Cristobel, I’ll need you to help me see this dream,” Oracle said sternly. “I have a good idea what it’s about already, but I need to see the dream. Let’s go to the conference room. Julian, can you teleport us there?” I felt no need to reply. I teleported the three of us into the conference room. Oracle lay down on a couch. Cristobel told me to lie down on the floor with my head close to the couch. Oracle’s head was not far from my own. Cristobel knelt onto the floor, beside Oracle and in front of me. He placed his hands upon our foreheads and instructed us to close our eyes. After I closed them, I felt a strange energy entering my body.

I saw the dream once again. In front of me were the most evil presences I had ever witnessed. Quake had me stricken with fear. His body was covered in metal. His looked like a robotic skull with ominous yellow eyes. His right arm was robotic with a cannon at the end rather than a hand. His left arm was human. I knew that Quake was a cyborg, but I could not have imagined how truly intimidating he was.

Quake was looking toward the man with the dark cloak and horns grown out of his head. The horns were long and curvaceous. I had seen similar horns in a book once. I had never seen an actual animal in my entire life up to that point. I could not identify the horns. I could not see his face as he was turned away from me.

“Do you have anything to report?” It was the robotic voice of Quake.

“In fact I do,” said the mysterious creature with a shaky intonation in his voice. As he spoke, he tortured a young woman by shooting her with optical laser beams. Her screams were terrifying. She begged for mercy. The laser beams were not at their most powerful. Otherwise, she would have been cut into tiny pieces. Instead, the evil incarnate was burning her skin. It was one of the most barbaric scenes I had ever witnessed. “They destroyed Raging Tiger several days ago. Your compound is their next target according to our informant.”

“What else did our informant say?” Quake inquired. “Did the informant mention the absorber?”

“Yes, the informant told me that the absorber was in a coma for a couple days. Absorbing Raging Tiger’s powers overwhelmed his mind. The ‘dream maker’ helped him out of the dream. The two of them pose a serious threat to you.”

“They are still young. They are not a threat to us. We can destroy them. I need you to speak to the leaders. We need to have a meeting as soon as possible. I’m not going to stand by and watch helplessly as The Protectors destroy us all.”

“Very well, Quake. I will arrange the meeting. I’m sure they’ll agree to it. Before I go, I will dispose of this bitch.” The mysterious creature walked over to the innocent young girl and unshackled her, grabbing her by the throat moments later. Quake’s compound was built on top of a hill. Since they were outside, a cliff was at their disposal. He tossed her towards the edge. Somehow, she managed to hang on. The relentless monster stepped on her fingers on her right as she wailed. The young woman still clung to the cliff’s edge. “Erica, there are no cliffhangers allowed here,” the mysterious creature mocked. The merciless monster put a stop to that by stepping on her left hand, causing Erica to plummet to her death. Quake and the monster laughed hysterically.

That was the end of the dream. I was clueless about the identity of the informant and that of Quake’s associate. I could not understand why the dream would not allow me to see his face. It was the most frustrating vision I had ever had. Quake and his associate were callous and seemingly quite powerful. I knew that I had to stop them. I had to know more.

“What’s going on?” Tempest asked.

“Dear, we have a serious problem.” Oracle was quite pale. “I just saw one of Julian’s dreams. We may need a different strategy. Quake is trying to unite all the rogue groups.”

“I need to know more.” Oracle explained everything in the dream to Tempest. He was shocked and appalled by some of the details. “Julian, we have to find the informant immediately. Finding the culprit is our top priority. The spy could be anyone. Both of you must pay close attention to The Protectors. The informant may be among you; he or she might be in the army. ”

“We need someone to track suspicious activities of the soldiers. First, we must make sure he or she is not the culprit. Julian can help in that regard.” I agreed with Cristobel’s suggestion. Finding the informant was a top priority. I knew the culprit was not Cristobel. Beyond that, it could have been any of The Protectors or any member of The White Knight Army.

“I believe Daniel Murphy would be a good choice,” I said. “He has a stellar service record. He also has mind-reading powers. As long as he isn’t the culprit we can trust him to find the spy.”

“Yes, he’s definitely the best candidate,” Tempest said adamantly. “I will call Colonel McKenzie to make the arrangements. I want him here. I want to test his mind personally. That’s the only way. In addition, I will be sending an entourage with you to Centropolis. They are to answer only to you, Julian. Just to be safe, I want to test Cristobel’s mind as well. In fact, we can do that now.”

A silvery haze appeared. I watched as the haze entered Cristobel’s body through the nose. Cristobel was in a catatonic state. “This could take a while, Julian. It can be quite intense. We should leave.” I could offer no answer to Oracle. I couldn’t leave. Deep down, I knew Cristobel would be fine, but my heart would not listen. His eyes turned grey. It was agonizing to watch. It took every ounce of self-control not to attack Tempest’s body. When he entered someone else’s body, his own body was motionless and vulnerable. I felt something prick me in the neck. Everything started to fade until I was asleep.

Two hours later, I woke up and looked into Cristobel’s eyes. “What happened? The last thing I remember is what Tempest was doing to you.”

“Everything is fine, Julian.” Cristobel’s voice was assuring and sweet as always. He knew how to calm me down. “Carculius gave you a sedative. They thought you were going to lose control.”

“Why did they think that?” The idea seemed preposterous to me. I thought about it, but I was not going to act.

“Don’t forget about your transformation. In situations where you feel like you or someone you love is in danger, you can lose control. Oracle said that you were starting to transform. You could have gone on a rampage. You have to learn to control your emotions. Your feral power is closely related to the rage absorption. If you transform involuntarily, you’ll tap into others’ negative emotions, thus making your rampage even more devastating. You may not have realized it, but your own anger can feed the aura as well. At some point, you can go into overload. At that point, nothing can save you. That’s why it’s so important to control your emotions.”

“I’ll try to control them, but I might need to try some meditation techniques.”

“That’s a good idea, Julian,” Oracle said in agreement. “I know some techniques that might help. First, I want you to stand.” I sat up on the side of the bed and stood up. “Now, close your eyes. Levitate with your legs folded across each other and rest your hands upon them.” I followed all of her instructions. “Imagine a calming place.” I thought of an enchanted forest with a magnificent river flowing through it. My mind was literally in a different place. Oracle’s voice became a distant echo. I imagined the knight’s horse appearing and drinking from the clear waters of the river.

In my ‘calm place,’ I levitated onto the horse’s back after he finished drinking. I could hear “Nocturne in E Flat Major” by Frédéric Chopin playing in the background. The enchanting melodic flow of Chopin made the ride so tranquil. After a gallop through the forest, my horse decided to take flight. I became aware of a picturesque waterfall in the distance. The horse knew where I wanted to go. After we landed beside the waterfall, the music changed to “Bolero” by Maurice Ravel. The flute in the piece played magnificently. In my meditative state, I imagined Cristobel there, and soon we were dancing by the waterfall.

My meditation must have lasted more than hour. When I came back to reality, I felt at peace. My emotions were balanced, and I knew I could control them. “How was it?” Oracle asked.

“It was wonderful. I imagined dancing with Cristobel to ‘Bolero’. We were dancing beside the bottom of a beautiful waterfall.”

“Well, I used the music to set the mood for your meditation. I’m glad you liked it. I trust that you noticed ‘Nocturne in E Flat Major’ as well. It’s always been one of my favorites. Even though those pieces were composed over a millennium ago, their timeless beauty still inspires awe.”

“Oracle, I’m here just as Tempest requested,” said a man with red hair and green eyes. He was quite handsome and seemingly quite strong.

“Julian, this is Quantas. He’s going with you to Centropolis. He has a rare ability. He can be in two or three places at once.”

“He’s a one-man entourage?” I asked bemusedly.

“No Julian, he’s the leader of the entourage. Lucky Star and Audia are going as well.”

“What are their powers?” I asked with concern.

“Audia has super-hearing. Lucky Star uses the power of the sun to shoot solar beams at her victims. She can also fly. She sometimes has to leave the atmosphere, especially since we have limited sunlight.”

“Has she recharged lately?” I asked apprehensively.

“She recharged this morning,” Oracle informed me. “She’s the enforcer. She usually works closely with Audia. They are partners.”

“That’s great,” I declared. “Now, before I leave, there’s something I need to tell you. I don’t need an audience, except maybe for Cristobel.”

“Quantas, you are excused.” Oracle said firmly. Quantas whispered a “yes ma’am” and quickly left the room. “What do you want to tell me?”

“We have decided to be exclusive,” I said resolutely. “There will NOT be a commune any more. I will not be with anyone else. Cristobel is MINE. I am not sharing him with anyone. Anyone who stands in my way will die. He is all I have.”

“I feel the same way,” Cristobel acceded. “After what has happened through the past week, I will NOT sleep with anyone else. Anyone who says otherwise has a nightmare ball aimed at his or her chest. I can’t do this anymore. Besides, Adriana and Simon belong together.”

Oracle was incensed. I detected a level of anger that I though her incapable of. She could not utter a single word. “Aunt Elena, I suggest meditation. Anger clouds your judgment and makes your powers inept.”

“I know more about these powers than you will ever know,” Oracle snapped. “As for your decision, there’s nothing we can do about it. I know what you’re capable of. I was hoping that you would accept our guidance and our wishes. Our dream of communal love for The Protectors cannot be fully realized without your cooperation. I implore reconsideration.”

“We will NOT reconsider,” Cristobel said ardently. “You should have foreseen this. You must be slipping.”

“Powerful you may be, Cristobel, but don’t you DARE say that I have lost my great power. I may not be 18 anymore, but I am far more advanced in my power than either of you. If you want to defeat the Dark Knights, you will need our guidance.”

“We never asserted otherwise, Aunt Elena. I know we have much to learn before we can defeat them, and our survival is far from assured when we do. Nevertheless, we deserve to be happy. This commune has brought us nothing but heartache. I don’t understand why you would want anyone else to sleep with your husband. I didn’t realize how much I love Cristobel until he was captured by Raging Tiger. Then, he saved my life in return. Do you not see? It does not take clairvoyance to understand the depth of our love.”

“I understand that you two are in love,” Oracle replied. “I respect your decision, but we will talk to Tempest.”

********************

“Honey, please calm down,” Oracle pleaded.

“This is unacceptable,” Tempest shrieked. “Julian, you will continue the commune or else!”

“Or else what?” I said in blatant dismissal. “Do you really think you can take me on? Need I remind you who I am, Tempest? Have you any idea what I’m capable of doing to you?”

“Since when have you been the defiant type?” Tempest snapped. “I’m still in command of the White Knight Society. Do you actually think you can take on every evoloid in the city?”

“All I want is to have an exclusive relationship with Cristobel. I’m not asking to take over the White Knight Society. I don’t understand why you’re being obstinate about it. I have done everything you have asked. I almost died for this organization. What is wrong with a simple request? If you want me to share this power with someone else, I can do that. I don’t want Cristobel or me to be directly involved in the commune anymore. That is all.”

“What about Adriana and Simon?” Tempest reminded. “I don’t want them together. I want you and Cristobel to break them apart.”

“What is wrong with Simon? He’s a great man. I can vouch for him.”

“He is to become the new mayor of Centropolis. Adriana will have other responsibilities. Do you have any idea what that means? They won’t have enough time to be together.”

“Then why don’t you find someone else to be the future mayor of Centropolis? There must be a qualified candidate for the job. Besides, shouldn’t there be elections?”

“There will be an election, but we will ensure Simon’s victory.”

“That is not a true election, Tempest. Besides, won’t the mayor be working closely with the council anyway? I don’t understand the problem.”

“That’s why you’re not part of the council yet,” Oracle interrupted. “The council will be focused on returning the entire planet to its former glory. The mayor of Centropolis will be focused on issues specific to Centropolis. At times, we leave the planet. We also travel all over this one.”

“What if they are meant to be together, Aunt Elena? Do you really want to prevent your own daughter’s happiness?”

“No, of course I don’t,” Oracle replied. “I love Adriana so much. I want her to be happy. I just don’t think the separation from Simon will make her happy in the long term.”

“She’s an adult. You don’t need to tell her how to live her life. I can assure you that she’s quite capable. Adriana is a natural leader, and she knows how to solve problems. Simon is just as capable. If they’re meant to be together, then they will find solutions. Either way, she must figure it out on her own.”

“Dear, I think he’s right,” Oracle said hesitantly. “We should let them do what they feel is best for them. She is capable of making her own decisions.”

“Whatever,” Tempest grumbled. “Julian, just go. Find Cristobel and your entourage. Go back to Centropolis.”

I cheerfully followed the order to leave. I had spent too much time at HQ. Cristobel had been talking to Carculius in case I needed to use mind control on Oracle and Tempest. Fortunately, I did not have to do so. Carculius would have sensed it immediately. I was incapable of taking such a risk. Carculius was always a scary man. His dark hair and eyes contrasted with his pale, white skin. He was usually unemotional as well. He was more machine than human in his demeanor.

I knocked on the door to Carculius’s office. “Come in.” The door opened, and I walked into the room. “What can I do for you, Julian?”

“I am ready to leave. I came in here to find Cristobel.”

“He’s across the hall with your entourage. You should join them.”

“I’ll do that. Thanks Carculius.”

“You are welcome anytime, Julian.” Carculius may have been odd, but he was usually cordial. “But I do need to feed. I doubt you want to watch.” I did not answer him. The thought of watching Carculius feed made my stomach churn. Causing someone to bleed was one thing, but drinking blood was not exactly appealing. I turned around and walked out without saying another word.

I pressed the button to open the door across the hall. “You must be Julian,” a young blond woman observed. She had unusual eyes. They were light blue, but they glowed.

“You must be Lucky Star.” She simply nodded. I looked at Audia. She was taller than Lucky Star. She had light brown hair and green eyes. Both were beautiful. “And you must be Audia. As you three may know by now, there is a spy at our Centropolis headquarters. The spy may be in the army; he or she may be one of the Protectors. At this point, I simply know that we have to find the spy.”

“There may be more than one,” Quantas warned. “We will find them. That is what we do. We are experienced.”

“Julian, I was telling them about Daniel Murphy. While you were sedated, Adriana actually brought him here. Tempest ‘tested’ him and decided to allow him to work with these three. He tested Adriana as well.”

“Why didn’t they go back with Adriana?”

“They wanted to meet you first. You’re quite famous in the White Knight Society. You never failed a single test. You’ve taken out more…”

“Cristobel, that’s enough,” I hissed. “I’m well aware of what I have done. I’m not some freak show.”

“I understand,” Cristobel sighed. “I just wanted to tell them…”

“I think they already know. I am ‘famous’ after all. Let’s get back to Centropolis. I’m tired of this place.” I did not wait for a response. Instead, I teleported all five of us to The Protectors’ conference room, where Adriana and Simon awaited us.

“Please, be seated,” Adriana suggested. “We have at least one spy. The three of you are supposed to find the culprit as soon as possible. I have serious doubts about the spy being among The Protectors, even though we have several new members. The spy is more likely in the White Knight Army. Colonel McKenzie with give you further instructions.” Adriana pressed her comlink. “Colonel, they have arrived. We are in The Protector’s conference room. Okay, we shall see you then.” Adriana ended the call and looked directly into my eyes. “Colonel McKenzie will arrive shortly. Private First Class Daniel Murphy shall be with her.”

“Adriana, he has been promoted to Specialist,” Cristobel said. “I just thought I would let you know.”

“Thanks for the information. He will be working closely with you, Quantas. From what I understand, he can read minds and cause debilitating headaches. He is also a well-trained fighter. Julian knows all about that, since he was the first person to defeat Specialist Murphy.”

“Must everyone brag about me?” I was far from amused. “If I didn’t have these powers, I would be useless, and you damn well know it, Adriana.”

“Julian, you don’t have to be so modest,” Cristobel complained. “You’re amazing.” I sent Cristobel an angry stare, and he said nothing else.

Colonel McKenzie entered the conference room with Daniel Murphy in tow. The colonel decided to remain standing. “I see that we have some counterespionage agents. Julian, I need your help with this as well. I think there may be a spy or two here. You must seek and find the spy. For the foreseeable future, the five of you shall report directly to me. Adriana, I will report their findings to you personally. Julian, you may begin the inquiry this evening. The rest of you shall come with me.” The five left the room immediately. I knew it was a great time to tell Adriana and Simon about my discussion with Oracle and Tempest.

“There’s something else you two should know,” I said warmly. “Adriana, your parents are backing off with the sexual commune. They admitted that the main reason they wanted the commune was so that you and Simon would drift apart. They still intend to install Simon as mayor when we take the city, and they said that we’ll be too busy with the council to spend time with him. I told them that if you two are meant to be together, then you’ll work it out. I also told them that Cristobel and I are now exclusive. Tempest was stubborn at first, but I eventually convinced him.”

Adriana had a look of disbelief upon her face, while Simon tried to hide his emotion all together. The silence continued for about a half minute before Adriana skeptically said, “I can’t believe this. My parents have been trying to tear us apart for over a year now. Did you use mind control?” I was appalled by the suggestion. I did not even want to respond. Instead, I reminded Adriana why it’s best that looks cannot end the life of another. “Julian, don’t look at me like that. It was only a question. You do realize that you may have used a mild form of mind control without realizing it, don’t you?”

“It’s plausible, but I do not think I did,” I said warily. “I have no way of knowing for sure. I will say that I considered using mind control. That’s why Cristobel distracted Carculius.”

“Julian, you can’t use mind control on them. The milder form is acceptable, because it’s beyond your control, but they can detect active mind control and arrest you on the spot. Generally, the punishment is hasty yet severe. They will make the last moments of your life worse than any nightmare.”

“I have had some terrible nightmares, Adriana. Besides, I decided not to use mind control, so there’s nothing to worry about.”

“I’ll decide if I need to worry...”

“Baby, you should calm down,” Simon interrupted. “He helped us. At least, you can be grateful. They could have had him punished for even suggesting it. Obviously, he has the situation under control.” Simon looked directly at me and said, “Thanks!”

“Simon, it’s my pleasure. Besides, I really love your brother, and I’m tired of having to share him with the others. He’s never complained, but I know that he doesn’t like it either.”

“I’m just glad it’s over,” Cristobel said jubilantly. “The commune was driving use apart. I never want that to happen again. We belong together.” Cristobel stood up and walked up behind me, wrapping his arms tightly around me and kissing me. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“You two should get a room,” Adriana sniveled. Cristobel and I simply sniggered at her. In actuality she was glad that we could finally be exclusive. She had finally realized that she could be monogamous; Simon felt the same way. They did not have to tell me, because I sensed it. It was the beginning of a new era for two couples.

********************

I decided it was time for an inquisition. Edgar and Elliot were already in the interrogation room and ready for the rest of The Protectors. Simon was first on the list. I decided to keep it simple at first. “Simon Castillo, do you know Quake?” Edgar asked accusingly.

“I know OF Quake, but I do not know him personally,” Simon replied resentfully.

“Quake has a partner in crime. Do you know who he is?” I asked

“I have no idea who he is.”

“Julian, you must find out if he’s telling the truth,” Elliot ordered. “You must enter his mind. Make it an open book.” I obeyed my older brother. Simon’s mind was easy to enter. The door opened without much effort. I searched his mind for Quake and his cohort, but I concluded that Simon did not know anything about Quake or the mysterious feral.

“He’s clean,” I said assuredly. “He has met neither Quake nor his assistant. He does not know who our mole is. He wants to punish the responsible party. Simon, I would like you to inform Calista that she is next on our list.” Simon simply nodded, affirming to us that he would honor the request as he quickly left the interrogation room.

Over the next several hours, I questioned Calista, Gabrielle, Natalia, and Nikita. Calista was the most cooperative of the four. She allowed me to search her mind without resistance. She was suspicious of one of our own. Still, she was distracted. I decided not to pry, because I only wanted to find the spy. Searching Calista’s mind for personal information would have been unacceptable. I began to worry when I noticed that Gabrielle was troubled as well. I knew it was not an issue between the two of them, and I did not ask either of them what the problem was. I decided they were both uncomfortable with the entire process.

Nikita and Natalia insisted upon being in the interrogation room together. Otherwise, they would have to drain someone of their blood, most likely me. I preferred the former. I entered Natalia’s mind first. She was surprisingly calm. She had obviously been through the drill before. Nikita was closing her mind to me. Closing her mind was because she was a vampire. Ultimately, I successfully invaded her mind, but it took at least ten minutes to enter.

I intended to continue the interrogations, but there was a problem. With a look of dismay upon her face, Adriana entered the interrogation room. “Julian, we have a problem.”

“What’s wrong, Adriana? Is it Cristobel?”

“No, Cristobel is fine, but I’m afraid the same cannot be said of Calista and Gabrielle.”

Copyright © 2010 Tiger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..