Jump to content
    toussaint
  • Author
  • 2,329 Words
  • 558 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bokassa's Last Apostle - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Welcome to the Pleasuredrome

‘Hey, this place has really changed,’ Kash said, as they got to the new entrance round the back of the sauna and had the funny card system explained to them at reception. ‘You mean I have to carry this thing around with me all the time Silvio,’ he asked a skinny Brazilian guy behind the counter.

‘Well only if you want to use the credit you’ve just put on it for coffee or a sandwich. Most guys leave them in their lockers, don’t they Ricqui?’ he said, ‘You’ll show them around, won’t you?’

‘Of course,’ Ricqui said, ‘Come on guys, you will not believe what they have done to this place Kash.’

The huge changing room was, much to Everton’s relief, deserted and their lockers, when they had finally found them, were all fairly close together.

‘What is that?’ Ricqui asked Everton, as he took off his shirt. ‘May I see it please?’

‘It was my father’s,’ Everton replied, holding out the necklace, ‘nice, isn’t it? He left me this ring too.’ he said, and held out his hand.

‘Pheeeeeew!’ whistled Ricqui, wafting his face with his left hand, then holding Everton’s hand up to the light, ‘impressive! That is worth a lot of money. You should leave it in your locker and look after your key. If it dropped into the Jacuzzi, you would never get it back. But let me see that again,’ he continued, holding the necklace and laughing gently to himself. ‘Do you know what this is, my friend?’

‘Well no, not really, I just supposed it was some kind of necklace. But now you come to mention it, the ends are a bit long for that, aren’t they Kash?’

‘Yeah, you’re damn right,’ Kash replied slowly. ‘I hadn’t thought about that. Come on Ricqui, you’re from Congo, surely you have an idea?’

‘Well, if I am not mistaken,’ Ricqui said, ‘that is a grigri.’

‘A what?’ Everton asked, ‘What did you call it?’

‘A grigri, they are quite common in my country. People wear them to protect themselves from demons, or to bring them luck.’

‘Like some sort of charm bracelet?’

‘Or voodoo magic more like!’ Kash added.

‘You mean it was made by a witch doctor!’ Everton said, ‘Black magic and all that?’

‘Well we call them “marabouts” in my country. People in Africa are very superstitious,’ Ricqui explained. ‘Nearly everyone goes to them for advice back home. There are even some in London and Paris. The most powerful grigris are supposed make you invisible, or stop bullets hitting you. They are worn around the person’s waist, and have special conditions attached. If you do not follow the instructions, the grigri loses its magical power,’ he added.

‘So that’s what that card was all about!’ Kash said.

‘What do you mean, “the card”?’ Edouard asked.

‘Oh, sorry,’ Everton replied, ‘we never got round to telling you about that. My dad left me a card saying I should stay away from women… if I wore it… !’ he said, as the penny finally dropped. ‘So is this a very powerful one then?’

‘Well I have no idea,’ Ricqui answered. ‘It all depends on what is inside of it.’

‘What, you mean that there’s something in there?’

‘Yes, something the marabout gave magical power to, or so people believe. So you should “stay away from women” Everton?’

‘Mais oui!’ Edouard sniggered, ‘not so very difficult, Everton!’

‘Yeah, that’s what we thought,’ Kash added with a grin.

‘So are you going to tie it properly around your waist?’ Ricqui asked.

‘You mean next to my…? So this old thing has been dangling around my Dad’s knackers.’ Everton said, with a look of disgust. ‘No way! It’s staying in my locker as well!’ And he threw it inside, pulling a face. ‘Ugh, that’s NASTY! Now come on boys, apart from Ricqui here, you’ve all seen me naked, now it’s your turn, get yer kit off!’

They joked and teased each other as they took off their clothes and wrapped their towels around their waists, then made their way down the other stairway to the cafe bar where the old entrance used to be and settled-down around a stainless steel table with some coffees.

‘Those cabins and that Jacuzzi are new,’ Kash said, ‘hell it’s massive!’

‘Ouaugh! Comme celui là!’ Edouard said to Ricqui, as a guy got out of the Jacuzzi and reached for his towel.

‘What was that, Edouard?’ Kash asked.

‘Oh, no, nothing,’ he replied, grinning conspiratorially at Ricqui, ‘I just liked what I saw, Kash.’

‘Yeah, he was rather fine,’ Kash said, undeceived, ‘but, hay, hush up, he’s coming over. You can be the big slut tonight, Edouard, there’s plenty here for you!’

‘Certainement!’ Edouard murmured under his breath, as the tall black guy who had been in the Jacuzzi turned the corner into the old showers. And then ‘I see what you mean,’ as soon as the guy was out of earshot. ‘Excuse me gentlemen, I think I am going for a walk.’ With that, he got up and followed the guy into the showers.

‘Wow that was fast!’ Everton said.

‘Yeah, Edouard doesn’t waste her time, does she?’ Kash chuckled. ‘Look, I’m gonna wait for her to come back and watch the passing trade. Why don’t you show Everton around?’ he suggested to Ricqui.

‘Alright, come on Everton, finish your tea and let us get a shower,’ he said, downing his coffee.

The showers turned-out to be in a big tunnel of stainless steel. The whole place had an industrial feel to it.

‘What, aren’t there any cubicles?’ Everton asked Ricqui, ‘it’s all a bit, open, isn’t it?’

‘Well it is for you to show yourself off, this is the only part which has not changed, come on Everton, do not be shy, hang up your towel.’ He flung his own off with a flourish and hung it on a peg, moved over to stand under a shower head jutting out from the steel and punched a button. ‘It is nice and warm,’ he said over his shoulder as he rubbed the water over his body, ‘Come on.’ Then he soaped himself and turned outwards.

Everton reluctantly hung up his towel and found a shower-head in the corner, turned to face the wall and pushed the button. Icy water streamed all over him and he screamed, jumping backwards.

‘I should have warned you about the cold one!’ Ricqui laughed, ‘come on, use this one next to me,’ and he punched another button.

‘You are not very comfortable about this, are you?’ Ricqui said, as they dried themselves off. ‘I think we had better go into the main steam room rather than the old one at the back, that way you can watch, but will not be bothered. Come on, it is back the way we came.’ He led Everton to a big glass door set in a wall of glass bricks. Shadowy figures were moving about inside in the darkness. There was a wooden bench in the middle, and they sat down and let the steamy clouds envelop them.

Meanwhile, Edouard returned to Kash with a broad grin all over his face. ‘So girlfriend, you got what you came for, then?’ Kash giggled, ‘give me five,’ and they clapped hands. ‘How was it?’

‘Oh my God he was ENORMOUS! I tell you girlfriend, he knew what to do with it! It was soooo good! But what about you, is there anything here for you? Apart from Everton, that is. Please tell me you have not been all over him while I was gone.’

‘What do you mean Edouard?’ Kash asked slowly. ‘I mean he’s a gorgeous boy, an’ all, let’s face it, you an’ I know he’s quite the best here tonight. But, hell no, I’ve just been sitting here watching everyone pass by an’ waitin’ for you guys to get back. He went off with Ricqui just after you left. Heck, we agreed, didn’t we?’

‘Oh yes so you said’ Edouard cut-in curtly. ‘But it is, how do you say it, “like the noses on your face” that you fancy him? I have seen the way you are looking at him and touching him all the time!’

‘Oh right, like you’re not interested? You’ve wanted him since the moment you first clapped eyes on him. Only you haven’t had the opportunity, or the balls to make something happen. Anyway, he’s a GIRL Edouard, he’ll never fuck you, even IF you could take it.’

‘BITCH! You just want him for yourself!’

‘Right, like you don’t! So much for your precious “Girlfriends’ code”. Who knows what he’s up to right now with Ricqui? That guy’s got about as much sincerity as your little pinky thing “brother”.’ The last “brother” was very bitter.

‘Do not take your own size complex out on me, Taurique Kashta,’ Edouard said crossly. ‘I am bigger than you anyway. I am going upstairs,’ and he stomped off up the metal staircase to the cabins.

It wasn’t long before Everton and Ricqui came back to find Kash still fuming. ‘Hey guys, you’ll never believe what Edouard has just come out with!’ Kash said as they sat down. But before he could continue a bell rang-out and the music stopped abruptly. ‘Hey, Sergei, what’s going-on?’ Kash called-out to the boy behind the cafe bar.

‘Don’t know, Kash,’ he replied, ‘that’s the fire alarm, better get back to the changing rooms, sorry, guys.’ And, with that, he disappeared in the general direction of the showers. Above the confusion of bells and talking, they could hear him ushering people upstairs.

‘They are far too nervous, something is happening,’ Ricqui said, ‘I think we should go.’

‘But what about Edouard?’ Kash asked, ‘I know she’s been a big bitch, but we can’t just leave her.’ Guys were now beginning to go upstairs.

‘I think she will be there soon enough, come on, it is time to go.’

Sure enough, Edouard turned-up in the lockers a few minutes later. ‘Oh Kash, what is going-on?’ he asked, ‘they say we all have to go home.’

‘Yeah, right’ Kash said bitterly, ‘hope you had fun up there, right now just get your stuff on and let’s get outta here, these bells are driving me crazy! We have to talk later.’

‘I agree,’ Edouard said, rather crisply. They dressed rapidly and went down to reception.

The scene that awaited them was a big surprise for all of them. Silvio was in front of the counter, flanked by three policemen in uniform. ‘I’m very sorry’ he began, ‘we’re being raided. These, “people,” seem to think that we have admitted children. They want you to provide proof of age. Of course, you will get your money back.’

‘You’re joking!’ Kash said.

‘I wish I were,’ Silvio replied, ‘this has never happened before.’

‘You mean that to get out we have to prove that we’re of age, ain’t it so fucking obvious?’ Kash addressed his remark to the cops.

‘I’m sorry, Sir,’ the first cop said, ‘it’s really just a formality. Now if you could all just find me some ID, we can all go home.’

‘Who the hell do you think you are, this is England for chrissakes, not fucking Germany! And what if we were just to turn around and go out the fire exit?’

‘Then you would be arrested, Sir,’ came the quick reply. ‘Now if you don’t mind.’

Everyone had some sort of ID except poor Everton. When it came to his turn, all he had was the bank card given to him by Mr. Stevens. ‘That was given to me by my solicitor,’ he explained, ‘that’s my father’s name on it, not mine. I’m called Everton Jones, of 43 Clent Court, Vicarage Prospect, Dudley.’

‘And how old are you, Mr. Jones?’ the copper asked.

‘Twenty two; look, I know it’s a bit far-fetched, but I was robbed a few days ago, and I had all my stuff stolen. How am I supposed to prove who I am?’

‘Yeah, right, leave the poor guy alone won’t you!’ Kash cut in.

‘Please, can you stay out of this, Sir,’ the copper replied, and walked outside to call-in the name on Everton’s card on his radio.

After he had finished, he came back, and said ‘I am very sorry Sir; it seems that the person who owns that card is wanted by the police. He shouldn’t be in the country. I’m going to have to take you in overnight.’

‘You’re joking!’ Everton cried, ‘look, whatever this is all about, it’s my father you want, not me. He left my Mum when I was only two! Can’t you can see I’m too young?’

‘I cannot aplogise enough, Sir, but the only ID you have identifies you as someone I have to arrest. We can only sort this out tomorrow. You are going to have to come with us to Peckham Police Station.’

‘The pigs in this country are very polite, aren’t they,’ Kash said, ‘but still pigs.’

‘It’s alright,’ Everton said, ‘don’t worry. Just call Mr. Stevens first thing tomorrow and he will sort everything out. Just make sure you tell him where I am. Go home; I’ll see you guys tomorrow.’ Then, turning to the police, ‘OK, where do I go…?’

 


 

Everton is back in trouble, can Mr. Stevens rescue him? Will Kash and Edouard EVER stop bickering over who is going to get him first?

I believe Pleasuredrome is now licensed, though on the down side there's no way to go out for a smoke. When the story is set it had just undergone significant refurbishment. It even closed for a few hours so they could finish the work.

If you enjoyed reading this or have any comment at all, please consider reviewing (I always reciprocate! LOL) or post to the forum for this story:

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/25585-bokassas-last-apostle/page__pid__221552__st__0&#entry221552

© copyright 2009, all rights reserved by the author.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..