Jump to content
    toussaint
  • Author
  • 2,172 Words
  • 598 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bokassa's Last Apostle - 6. Chapter 6

Everton has been arrested, because the only ID he had when the sauna was raided was his father's bank card, given him only a few hours earlier by James Stevens. His father, apparently, is still a wanted man, nineteen years after disappearing...

Chapter 6: Peckham Police Station

As he was driven off in the police-car, Everton waved goodbye to a shocked Edouard, Kash and Ricqui. He was in the back with a young Sikh policeman, two white guys in front.

‘So, what happens next?’ he asked the Sikh guy.

‘Well…’ he began, ‘Mr.… actually… We aren’t quite sure is it? I mean, are you Mr. Jones or…?’

‘Look, I told you, my name is “Everton Jones”. This is all a big mistake. I can’t even remember what it says on that bank card!’

‘Mr. Jones,’ the white guy on the left said, ‘PC Singh will be processing you when we get back to the station. I am Sergeant Morris. I’m sure this is all a case of mistaken identity. Did I hear you say earlier that your solicitor is being contacted?’

‘Yes,’ Everton replied, ‘I expect he will be there tomorrow morning.’

‘Well then, Mr. Jones’ Sergeant Morris went on, ‘I’m afraid we can’t take a statement unless you are represented—“Police and Criminal Evidence” and all that—so we will just have to wait until he gets down to the station to straighten everything out.’ And then, turning to the other guy, ‘PC Singh will look after you, after all, he doesn’t exactly look the criminal type, does he Vishwanath?’

In the police station, they left Everton alone at the desk for a while and then PC Singh came back with Sergeant Morris.

‘Mr. Jones, could you please come over here,’ Sergeant Morris said. ‘I’m afraid this is the scary bit, just a formality: “Mr. Barthelemy Lingoupou”,’ he continued, as he cautioned him, mechanically, ‘“I am arresting you in pursuance of an extradition warrant issued by the government of the Central African Republic. You have the right to remain silent; but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something that you later rely on in Court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.” Now, if you could please put your belongings on the table?’

Everton placed a wad of notes, a packet of Marlboro, the cashcard, grigri and ring on the desk in front of him. As the sum of his possessions, it didn’t seem much he thought, after all this time; however the policeman’s eye fell straight onto the ring. ‘That’s a very valuable ring, Mr. Jones,’ Sergeant Morris said. ‘How would you describe it, for the record, that is?’

‘Well I don’t know exactly,’ Everton replied, ‘I only got it this morning, it used to belong to my father, I think that’s a “black diamond” and it kind of looks like Africa, with a single big diamond right in the middle.’

At that moment the phone rang. ‘Excuse me please, Mr. Jones,’ Sergeant Morris said, and picked up the receiver. He responded in monosyllables: ‘Yes—yes—that’s right—yes, Sir, right away.’

‘So what was all that about, Sergeant Morris?’ Everton asked.

‘Well, Sir, I have to go and speak with the superintendant, so if you could just sign this receipt for your belongings, and check that the description is correct, then PC Singh will take you downstairs and make you as comfortable as possible, in the circumstances.’

After what seemed like hours later in the cell, the door opened and a young Somali copper came in with a cup of tea.

‘Hello Mr. Jones, my name is PC Niksha, and they’ve asked me to have a few words, is that OK?’

‘Sure,’ Everton replied, ‘look, can you call me “Everton”? All this “Mr. Jones” stuff is getting on my wick!’

‘Fantastic, and please call me “Abdi”.’

‘OK, cool, er, Abdi.’

Abdi took off his cap and put it down beside him. His short soft hair was just long enough to betray some ruffled, tufty curls, which, Everton thought, would be much better for being allowed to grow out. At the minute they just made it all rather untidy. Still, there was a certain something. His face was very symmetric, with a nice slim nose, thin lips and high cheekbones and forehead, all framed by that bushy hair, and piercing amber eyes.

‘I really can’t understand it,’ Abdi went on. ‘My boss is jumping up and down, “‘Barthelemy Lingoupou’, after all these years, what the hell are immigration doing, how the fuck did he get past them?” I mean it’s obvious you’re not him, but… ’

‘Look, Abdi, that cash card was given to me by my Dad’s solicitor, he’ll be here tomorrow, this is all a big mistake,’ Everton interrupted, and went on to explain the day’s proceedings. When he had finished, Abdi leaned back and turned to look at Everton.

‘Don’t worry, I’m sure that will convince my boss; what a horrible story. You’ve really been through it recently, haven’t you?’

‘Not half,’ Everton sighed. ‘I’ve only been in London two days, and I’ve been robbed, beaten, had everything stolen and now I’ve been arrested! Did you know, I was left stark naked on Hampstead Heath?’

‘Sorry to cut-in, Everton, but I’ve been checking your story. There WERE reports of a disturbance in Hampstead earlier on. But it’s all a bit vague. Several people said they saw a guy prowling around, but no-one could give a clear description. All they remembered seeing was a naked black man with, well, to be frank, a massive dick!’

‘WHAT! You mean that all they noticed about me was my dick! Actually, that’s quite funny now that I come to think of it! It’s hardly my fault if I’ve got, well, a big one.’

‘Oh, so you, I mean, it’s true then?’

‘Yeah, I suppose it is; hey you aren’t going to want me to, you know, show it to you and that are you? I mean that’s going a bit far isn’t it?’

‘No, don’t worry,’ Abdi replied with a wide grin, ‘though I must admit it is a bit tempting!’

‘Not you as well! Maybe I do need that thing after all. Everyone seems to be fighting over me just now.’

‘I’m sorry, I don’t understand, what “thing”?’

‘Well it’s a kind of necklace they took from me at the desk. It was given to me yesterday. It used to belong to my father. Ricqui, one of the guys I was with, thinks it’s some sort of “grigri”, a kind of a magic charm to keep demons away, what do you think, Abdi?’

‘Well, we do believe in something like demons, only we call them “Jiins” or I suppose you’d call them “genies”.’

‘What, you mean like “Aladin and his lamp”? Somehow I don’t think I’m about to get three wishes!’

‘Actually, we have that story too. Don’t forget that the Jiin became very dangerous when he was finally released from the magic spell. But my mother would definitely say you were being chased by an evil spirit, after all you’ve been through! Don’t you think you’ve had rather too much bad luck for it all to be pure coincidence?’

‘Well, maybe you have a point there,’ Everton replied, ironically, ‘do you really think that manky old thing can protect me? Ricqui says I should wear it dangling between my legs, you know, next to my apparently massive dick!’ His face lit up with a broad grin. ‘It all sounds like monkey business to me.’

‘I don’t know, maybe it’s just your magnetic personality, or maybe it’s your big dick that’s getting you into trouble, not a jiin at all.’

‘Hey, are you hitting on me as well?’

‘Well, not necessarily,’ came the cagey reply, ‘I am still on duty, you know.’ But his eyes twinkled mischievously, and he began to blush. ‘When I read that on the file, I just thought it was the white prejudice about black guys having big dicks. I mean, well, it’s not always true, is it, but, ahem, those trousers leave little to the imagination, do they Everton?’

‘So is that why everyone’s after me? I mean, it’s something I’ve just got used to. They used to tease me a lot at school and that. I’m quite proud of it really, but it does sometimes get in the way! And I don’t just mean physically!’ He laughed.

‘Well I think you are absolutely beautiful and charming. If I weren’t on duty, well…’

‘REALLY! So you ARE after me! That’s a turn-up for the books, I never thought I’d be grateful for being arrested!’ he chuckled. ‘You’re not half bad yourself, Abdi. All the girls like a boy in uniform!’

‘Everton,’ Abdi said after a rather embarrassing pause, ‘please look at me.’ And, when he had turned his head, ‘you have such beautiful hair and eyes; may I?’ and he ran his fingers through Everton’s hair. ‘You know I really shouldn’t be doing this, but I simply can’t help myself, you’re just absolutely…’

‘Shh.’ Everton said, pulling his face towards him, ‘just… say… nothing,’ and then he kissed him. They fell on each other, and Abdi had his hands inside Everton’s shirt and down between his legs in no time. ‘You see,’ Everton said.

‘Oh yes, those witnesses weren’t lying! Lie back. You’re fucking gorgeous, Everton,’ he said, running his hands along his thighs.

‘Just do it Abdi, just do it,’ Everton moaned, pulling his shirt out and undoing his trousers…

*******

It was several hours later, when the cell door re-opened, and Everton was, at last, face-to-face again with Abdi. ‘So, you managed to get some time to see me?’ he asked.

‘Yes, darling,’ Abdi replied, ‘it’s madness upstairs, but wild horses wouldn’t keep me away from you. Come here, sweetheart.’ They hugged each other. ‘You’re all I could think about, Everton. You know if they found out what we’ve done, I could lose my job?’

‘I don’t care, I’ll never, ever, betray you.’

‘Nor me. Even if you ARE being chased by a Jiin which makes people fall in love with you, I don’t care!'

‘Look, Abdi, all this “jiin” or “demon” talk is doing my head in! I wish I’d never got that filthy old thing! I just want to be with you, darling!’

‘Oh me too!’ replied Abdi, who now had both his hands on Everton’s bum. ‘When are you going to give me that? I want you so much darling!’

‘Come on kiss me,’ Everton said, and pulled Abdi’s head toward him with the other hand. Their mouths met in a hungry embrace. Abdi’s police cap fell to the ground. He freed a hand and reached up to the back of Everton’s head and pullled him back.

‘Look, it’s impossible just now,’ he said. ‘Do you realise it’s nearly morning? I’ve not got long with you darling, your solicitor will be here soon, and you will be out of here.’

‘No, don’t go! Don’t leave me, please! I think I’m falling in love with you.’

‘Well,’ said Abdi, playfully, pulling back a little and twisting Everton’s hair around his fingers, ‘I suppose…’ He planted a light kiss on Everton’s lips, ‘…I could…’ another light kiss, ‘…Keep you here another day…’ he kissed him again, ‘…but then as I’m off duty very soon anyway, that doesn’t really get us anywhere. Though don’t you think I’m going to let you get away from me when you’re gone? I’ve made a note of the address your friends gave us and I’ll be right around to see you. We’ve got unfinished business,’ he added, patting Everton’s bum playfully.

Everton pulled him towards him and kissed him deeply, his arms around his shoulders and waist. ‘Go on baby, go do your duty. I’ll be waiting for you in Kenton in the evening.’

‘I’ll be there,’ Abdi promised.

‘You’d better be! You’re the best thing that’s happened to me since I arrived in London!’

‘Seriously?’

‘Yes, very seriously.’

After he had gone, it wasn’t long before another policeman opened the cell door. ‘Mr. Jones?’ he asked, ‘could you possibly come with me? It seems that your solicitor and friends have arrived.’

‘At last!’ Everton said, ‘but where is PC Niksha?’

‘Who?’ he asked, ‘oh… him? He must have… gone off duty a few minutes ago. Why? Does that matter?’

‘Oh no, no reason,’ Everton lied, ‘only he’s been very kind, and I wanted to say thank you.’

‘He was just doing his job, Sir. It’s good news for you anyway; you’re in the clear. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we do have to be careful.’


Well, well, well... if that going to stop Kash and Edouard fighting over him? And what happens when he's finally sprung from the nick by James Stevens... What is he going to have to say for himself?

btw, I was stuck for a family name for Abdi. I've since checked out Somali naming rules, but I've so far stuck with my original choice: "Niksha" is an anagram of "Khanis", which means "gay" in arabic slang. Even though Abdi turns out to be bisexual, in the arab mindset the term probably stretches to this.

© copyright 2009, all rights reserved by the author.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..