Jump to content
    Tsukihana
  • Author
  • 500 Words
  • 733 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Balthazar - 6. Chapter 6

Balthazar cast his gaze aside, letting the hurting family have a tender moment of privacy. Slowly sliding his feet to the floor he let himself sit up as K’tine wiped at her damp cheeks.

“Forgive me…”

“Madam, there is nothing to forgive. After the kindness you have afforded me...sheltered me, I am in debt.”

Taking one of her soft lightly furred hands in his, Balthazar gently wiped the remaining tears from her eyes.

“During my convalescence I was visited by one who I believed a spectre come to haunt my fevered brain. Naught a word they spoke to me as they visited my bedside, only the soft tinkling of bells accompanied them.”

At the mention of bells, K’tine couldn’t help but look startled once more but she remained silent. Placing both hands in her lap, she straightened her back so that she sat regal and proud.

“It is because of the one you call Daniel M’thos that I came to be in this world. Allow me to once again introduce myself, I am Balthazar Anshar.”

“Anshar M’thos.”

He bristled slightly at the honorific...and being lumped in with the likes of Daniel Mythara.

“I suppose that will do, if it is easier for you, Madam.”

Balthazar drew in his own deep breath as he searched within his inner wisdoms for a way to explain how things had come to such a pass. With eons of knowledge at his behest, it rankled him to no end when no answers jumped to light.

“Truly, I wish I had more to confer upon you, but I was transported here rather haphazardly. Daniel M’thos saw fit to entrust me with some task, though I know not what. When I came to be it was at the feet of your dear M’nou in the pouring rain, and weak as a kitten at that. I am only thankful that I succeeded in ensuring that no harm befell her. Much like a blank slate I’m quite devoid of anything else to impart, Madam. Any further information you could see fit to share with me would be most appreciated.”

Pressing her soft hand to his forehead with maternal concern, K’tine began to tell him the strange new land he’d found himself in. The nation of A’asitar was the heavily wooded home nation of elves and druidic beings. It was thanks to this substantially dense forestation that the small family had managed to subsist in peace for as long as they had.

Methodically he spent his first days learning the lay of the land around the magically concealed home. Now that he was recovered, Balthazar knew that without a doubt it was Daniel Mythara’s distinct signature that marked the area.

The golden dragon took the time to recast the enchantments upon finding them, following the magic like a breadcrumb trail. Daniel had forced him here for a very specific reason and the sooner he came to realize it, the sooner he could set to righting it.

Copyright © 2021 Tsukihana; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..