Jump to content
    Tsukihana
  • Author
  • 588 Words
  • 957 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Balthazar - 3. Chapter 3

The next time sweet consciousness graced him once more, the dragon couldn't help but wonder if he had actually died that time. Bright sunlight leaked in blurrily through the fluttering entrance flap of a tent. At least the pouring rain had taken it’s leave along with the dark of night, leaving the air smelling fresh and clean around him.

A cool wet cloth gently wiped at Balthazar’s brow, a very pleasant sensation in comparison to the gritty sandpaper feel of his poor eyes.

“M’thos asima t’nath. SAFE. STAY.”

Doing his damndest to blink away the bleary crud from his amber gold eyes, Balthazar focused his attention on the presence administering such tender ministrations. After his few experiences thus far since popping into existence wherever it was...he actually was, he sincerely hoped that this was no mere whim on the part of Daniel. Somewhere deep in the core of his soul Balthazar knew that he was exactly where and when he was supposed to be, and that was what mattered. Gods be damned though if that blackguard black beast had certainly taken the most roundabout route possible.

“Safe? Stay?”

He repeated back her last two words, uncaring at that exact moment of just how she’d learned them in the first place, and hoping to the gods that raising his intonation in the form of a question had the same grammatical rules...here.

As his vision cleared, he beheld a more mature version of the young feline who’d...accosted him in the rain, she must have been the child’s mother or some form of relative. Speaking of the little scamp, he could feel the piercing familiarity of her scowl somewhere near the vicinity of his feet, watching him ever so closely as the older feline tended to him.

The golden dragon’s curiosity was piqued when she paused in her wiping of his brow, setting aside the neatly folded damp towelette atop a low table set with an array of ablutions. In spite of their obviously humble surroundings, she straightened her spine and with all the regality of a queen she raised her hands to her chest, green cat eyes meeting his own directly.

“K’tine.”

A graceful hand lightly furred and marked with tawny clouded spots gestured at the young one staring daggers at his blunted humanoid fingertips.

“M’nou.”

Bowing her head, her stilted english poured forth once more.

“Thank. You.”

Emotion shining bright in her forthright gaze, she clasped one of Balthazar’s hands tight within the warmth of her smaller palms.

“K’tine mikalo a’sin M’thos. N’anka M’nou mis…”

Her voice cracked and tears began to well up in her emerald cat’s eyes as they broke away to glance at the young one still crouched at his booted feet. Definitely her daughter then.

“Thank. You.”

“Da chi…” You’re Welcome.

A small giggle lifted her lips in a smile even as tears continued to spill down her dusky cheeks at his thick Welsh accent. He had no doubt that she couldn’t comprehend a bit of what he said but at least intonation indeed won out in the end.

For now at least he’d found some sort of safe haven, and direly needed too. It would be days before his strength was fully restored, especially after saving the whelp from the demon horned canid.

Daniel, you bugger.

Even Balthazar couldn’t help laughing at the irony of the situation, an ancient golden dragon brought low and weak as a babe in some unknown world. A new player has entered the game...

Copyright © 2021 Tsukihana; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

At the risk of repeating myself, being new to this tale, with no understanding the background, a series of forceful wacks with the blunt end of a nail studded 2 x 4 to the back of Daniel's head would suffice for now!!!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, drsawzall said:

At the risk of repeating myself, being new to this tale, with no understanding the background, a series of forceful wacks with the blunt end of a nail studded 2 x 4 to the back of Daniel's head would suffice for now!!!

leave your impressions without fear, trust me we've done far worse to our characters. they are excellent honest impressions and me and @Yeoldebard live for this

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..