Jump to content
    Young Sage
  • Author
  • 1,323 Words
  • 585 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rally Interpretation - 1. Pyrameye

You are a thief, down on his/her luck. Your contact informs you of a group that can promise you power.

You look up from the note you've written hastily earlier. This seems to be the place, though you're not absolutely sure. One, it's a warehouse. Two, it is one o'clock in the morning and you're pretty sure you don't have proper security access to be here at this time. Then again, you don't have anything in storage here, so you'd have no business being here during store hours to begin with. Not that you really care. If the bounty is good enough, you'll break into anything. Three, due to the destined meeting time and low lighting, you're not quite sure if this is the correct warehouse to meet at.

You look at the note again. Frankie never makes mistakes. If he said that the meeting would take place in this building at this time, then that will be the case. You look around. No one else within the vicinity. You walk up to the door and crank the handle, being careful not to actually open the door in case it's locked and an alarm will sound off. To your surprise, the door is indeed unlocked. You look around once more and, upon seeing no witnesses, open the door and enter the warehouse.

Slipping in without noise, you quickly close the door behind you as silently as possible. It's even darker inside than it was outside. You remain motionless until your eyes have adjusted to the darkness. Once that has happened, you notice someone in the distance heading towards the back of the warehouse. He doesn't seem to have noticed you. You decide to follow him.

Doing so finds you in the back of a crowd of people, all of them looking shiftily at their surroundings. No one here, including yourself, seemed to want anyone else to know that they were here. Only a few brave souls chanced making communications with one another. It was also still dark, with no light being illuminated.

Suddenly, the back row of ceiling lights turned on. Their sudden appearance blinds you momentarily. When you're able to see again, you notice that a makeshift stage has been set up on one of the walls. The most noticeable thing is the huge, red 'P' affixed to the wall above the stage. Men and women in identical, black uniforms bearing the same stylized logo walk onto the stage. They all show no signs of emotion, all professionalism. The crowd around you murmur to themselves about these uniformed people. Then, a man in a black suit and a black fedora steps onto the stage. He has the logo patched onto the left side of his suit. He takes off his hat and everyone quiets immediately.

"Welcome, my comrades," he says, gesturing to all of you.

You instantly get the impression that he is speaking directly to you. Will he be able to provide you with what you need, you wonder?

"I am Mordecai, leader of Pyrameye. I suspect that no one here needs to be informed as to what our goals are and how we wish to succeed them. I also suspect that I have no reason to guess as to why you are all here tonight. After all, breaking into a warehouse still in use during the cover of night is not exactly what the police would call 'a friendly stroll in the park.'"

Some of the crowd chuckles. You think it takes more than friendly warmth to take leadership.

"No, what you all want is power. The ability to do whatever you want! No consequences! No one to boss you around and tell you what to do! To show the world what you are truly capable of!"

"Yeah!" shout some of the crowd.

"You've been wronged before. Told you can't just take what's there and rightfully yours. Told you couldn't reach your true potential through any means. That you had to follow the same path that everyone else takes. And look where that path took them! Menial office jobs, the same daily grind, wasting their life to barely scrape by in life. THEY do not see what YOU see! THEY continue to meekly shuffle in the dirt instead of rising up and grab for the power that is within their reach! And do you know why they won't let you do what they cannot?"

He pauses for dramatic effect.

"Because those with the power don't want you to have any as well!"

"Yeah! That's right!" shouts more of the crowd.

"THEY don't want competition!"

"Yeah!"

"THEY don't want you to best them!"

"YEAH!"

"THEY don't want to be removed from the top of the food chain, where YOU belong!"

"YEEEEEAAAAHHHH!"

"I can give you this opportunity! If you join Pyrameye, I can give you power! The wielders of this world believe the golems to be living, breathing creatures with their own hopes and dreams, beings that deserve our friendship and cooperation. They are wrong! If creatures of such unimaginable power were truly thinking creatures, they would be in charge, not us. They are nothing more than tools for us to use as we please! It is actually good for us that wielders think of golems as friends, as that means they don't train them to be powerful weapons to be used against us. Their golems will be weak, and no one will be able to oppose us, oppose you! Golems are not friends. They ARE power! And it is with this power that we will take control of the world, and gain ultimate power! All you ever desired will be yours! No one will ever tell you 'no' ever again!"

The crowd roars with excitement. You think back to your last golem scuffle. You only had a toxic golem, and your enemy had a mind golem. You were soundly beaten. Looking back, you realize that what Mordecai is saying is true. Both yours and the enemy's golems could easily defeat you if they so wished. But they didn't. Yours obeyed your every command. It was yours to use. And that mind golem. Who was to stop you from simply swiping it from that wielder and using it for yourself? All that power...

The museum. That was your last heist. You only had your toxic golem as a weapon. Not exactly something that leaves no traces behind at a crime scene. You had to put so much effort into the whole process. Just to get ahead. Just to make sure that the grimy little shack you call a home would continue to stay in your possession just a little while longer. Why should you have to continue living like that when you have the ability to become something so much more? You could BE someone. Someone people feared. Someone that can take whatever he wanted, whatever he deserved. So what if some people get hurt along the way? What do you care? They'll survive. You did.

Will this man, Mordecai, be able to help you? Can he deliver you from your life of basic survival? Can he give you power? Can he make do on his promises?

"So what will it be, comrades? Who will join Pyrameye?!" Mordecai shouts.

"GO PYRAMEYE! GO PYRAMEYE! GO PYRAMEYE!" the entire crowd chants.

You look the man in the eye and he to you. You see it. This is a man without fear. This is a man with experience. With power. This is a man with plans. Big plans. And he will stop at nothing to see to it that they succeed. He can do everything that he says he will. He can help you. He can give you all the power you desire. He can make you somebody. No more low-level thefts. No more scrounging around for a living. You shout.

"GO PYRAMEYE!"

Hope you like 2nd person POV, 'cause that ain't changing for the rest of the chapters. And for astute nerds, yes this was originally a fanfic. I changed some of the source material-specific stuff into general stuff. The reason is because I want feedback and want as many people to read this as possible, and making source material-specific points alienates people who aren't part of the fandom.
Copyright © 2013 Young Sage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..