Turbulance by Eliot Moore

I'm somewhat obsessed with this story. Each week when I visit my apartment and regain internet access, I check for updates almost before I check my email. It is probably one of themsot engrossing stories I've read in a while. The chapters are quite long, and every single one (which have tripled in length since the author began publishing them in February) is far too short for me.

I'm not one for summaries usually, but basically the story is that of a small group of freshman surviving a brutal year-long hazing into high school, which includes such fantastic highlights as rape, beating, and other forms of dehumanization. The story mostly does not dwell on the details of the hazing, instead focusing on the various responses the students have towards it, and how they grow into their teenage years both because and despute the daily fear thier school's "mentorship" program inflicts on them. While the cast and storylines chased are varied, all the actions centers around a beautiful blonde boy named Daniel Murrell, whose good looks and generally agreeable personality, among other reasons, are causing him to draw attention from those he'd least want.

I'm not doing it justice, so I'd reccomend just popping over to check it out for yourselves. Now up to twenty chapters, Turbulance by Eliot Moore can be found on the gay/high school section of Nifty's. As I mentioned, he updates regularly, and the latest chapters (as of this typing) went up yesterday.

--Gabe

Edited by B1ue