Cheap WordProcessing Software

Guest kcntx5

Guest kcntx5

If some of you need a good wp kit with good word/grammar checking abilities, I've found that Corel's Word Perfect is the best for this. I've been using it for several years now. It really helps keep your ms error free. One drawback to using this is its price.

However, you can obtain a rather inexpensive and legitimate copy by looking on Ebay. Just remember to read the fine print; I didn't, and now I can't get my copy of WP to work with my OS. :angry:

Hope it helps,

Kenneth

If some of you need a good wp kit with good word/grammar checking abilities, I've found that Corel's Word Perfect is the best for this. I've been using it for several years now. It really helps keep your ms error free. One drawback to using this is its price.

However, you can obtain a rather inexpensive and legitimate copy by looking on Ebay. Just remember to read the fine print; I didn't, and now I can't get my copy of WP to work with my OS.  :angry:

Hope it helps,

Kenneth

Why pay for a good WP?

Go to OpenOffice and you can download a fully featured, standards compliant, OPEN SOURCE suite - including word processing, html editing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, text...you get the idea.

Of course it's a big download but it often appears on magazine coverdisks for those on dial-up. I use it and unlike MS-Word it produces really clean HTML for posting to sites like nifty that will only take standards-compliant HTML :2thumbs: . It even produces RTF and Word format files if you want them. Of course, you want to be sure that you have the right version, ie, windoze or linux but it's easy to check that out.

:boy:

Guest kcntx5

Why pay for a good WP?

Go to OpenOffice and you can download a fully featured, standards compliant, OPEN SOURCE suite - including word processing, html editing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, text...you get the idea.

I tried that and for some reason I never could get it to work right. Now another source that's similar and free is ROUGH DRAFT. Seems to work all right and it even has formatting for plays and stuff. Although I still use WordPerfect for everyday use. In fact I have an editor on the web that I has it, so I'm able to just submit my ms as is. Convient, no?

Why pay for a good WP?

I tried that and for some reason I never could get it to work right. Now another source that's similar and free is ROUGH DRAFT. Seems to work all right and it even has formatting for plays and stuff. Although I still use WordPerfect for everyday use. In fact I have an editor on the web that I has it, so I'm able to just submit my ms as is. Convient, no?

I use open office.org I use it for the html. It works very well on my pc.