Are Tabloids annoying?

hh5

I think there is a place for this sort of rubbish. There are gossip whores who love this sort of thing, and since nobody actually believes it... i dont think it does much harm. And while the gossip whores are indulging in their latest tabloid fueled fantasy, one would hope that they are leaving people alone in their real lives.

I am a shameless, un-apologizing whore for gossip. I am a frequent visitor on Perez's site. There is a line though, but most people can tell when its based in fact, and when its not. I get that sometimes its invasive, hurtful, and demoralizing. I do not think that celebrities should just have to deal because they asked to be famous. But, I just can't seem to not read it.

I've never understood gossiping or the need to be a gossip, therefore I just ignore tabloids and media shows. I guess I've always figured that I didn't like being talked about, so why would I talk about someone else?

I only ever glance at the titles while waiting in line at the grocery store... I can't be bothered to waste my reading time on bad fiction claiming to be reality based on celebrities I don't care about. But society craves it and creates a market for it, so make of that what you will. Is the general populous shallow media whores? Or will people just read anything to escape reality? Or does everybody who reads it say, "I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself..." and is that even a justifiable excuse?

I only ever glance at the titles while waiting in line at the grocery store... I can't be bothered to waste my reading time on bad fiction claiming to be reality based on celebrities I don't care about. But society craves it and creates a market for it, so make of that what you will. Is the general populous shallow media whores? Or will people just read anything to escape reality? Or does everybody who reads it say, "I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself..." and is that even a justifiable excuse?

I admitted its not rational. No one is perfect. If celebrity gossip were banned, I wouldn't die from not reading it. But, I'll probably keep reading it as long as its out there. I think part of it may be seeing two beautiful people fall in love and have pretty kids, people who we see over and over again in different roles, part of it maybe seeing people with tons of money still have problems too, and part of it is just plain nosiness.

My dad buys a tabloid paper that the family read...i'm lucky if there's one article that catches my attention. Tabloid newspapers shouldn't be allowed to call themselves newspapers.

I admitted its not rational. No one is perfect. If celebrity gossip were banned, I wouldn't die from not reading it. But, I'll probably keep reading it as long as its out there. I think part of it may be seeing two beautiful people fall in love and have pretty kids, people who we see over and over again in different roles, part of it maybe seeing people with tons of money still have problems too, and part of it is just plain nosiness.

Amelia - sorry if it seemed my comments were a jab at you, they weren't intended that way. I would have said what I said regardless of whether you had made your post first or not. You're right that no one is perfect, myself included :)