If you had one chance to meet your biggest idol...

Marzipan

I think I would give a year of my life, my first born, well, almost anything to have a chance to meet the King of Rock, Freddie Mercury.

He is the biggest idol I have ever had both with his bravery in personal life and an amazing vocals. His voice brings shivers every time I hear it. He was so full of energy and life as an artist. He was hot as hell and could pull out all kinds of looks from androgyne to ultra masculine without being any less of a man. *Points out to the androgyny discussion -->*

The Show Must Go on always brings me close to tears.

Maybe I'll meet him in afterlife.

• Like 1

Good question!

Being obsessed with architecture and a geek at heart, I would choose to meet with Alexander Jackson Davis. He is the architect who (more-or-less) single-handedly brought Gothic architecture to America. He has designed some of the most beautiful buildings in this country. Working in both the public and private sectors, his body of work reaches across eras; some 50-plus years.

One of my favorites places: http://lyndhurst.wor...t/virtual-tour/

Little is actually known about the man. He was a very private person in spite of associating and working closely with the wealthiest Americans during the 1800s. For a time, he had a partner, ironically named Alexander Jackson Downing, a very good looking young man who tragically died in a riverboat accident.

It was a time in America when something called The Middle Class emerged. Most everything we know today was being put into place; railroads, banking, electricity, schools, roads, machines, plumbing, and medicines. Everything seemed to be happening at once, and everything that was happening needed a building in which to take place. A.J. Davis was there, designing and building, experiencing and writing about it all.

In some ways, that period in history was the most gracious in all of US history. Lord help you if you were poor, but if you were part of the growing middle class or part of the upper class, life would have been a treasure chest of opportunities. Truly, anything was indeed possible. There were very few, if any taxes in those days so if you made a million, it was all yours.

A.J. Davis made money and made history simultaneously. He was part of, and connected to, some of the most amazing events of the time.

Edited by Tipdin

How bizarre that I've actually been to the Lyndhurst. It is absolutely gorgeous and the views are stunning!

As for idols ... hmm, I think if I met Bruce Springsteen I would just be speechless and probably make an ass of myself. He is a legend and a musician for the working man. It's difficult to explain what he and his music mean to me but it's like a part of me. His music IS New Jersey and it is my soundtrack when I think of home. :worship:

• Like 1