Baby Boomers Re-Defining Age

It seems like because the Baby Boomer generation is hitting 65 this year, they really seem big on these types of articles.Baby Boomers Re-Defining Age

I agree with the article a lot. When I was growing up, I had the image of people in their 50's and 60's as being like the Golden Girls- sitting around their kitchen table eating cheesecake while reminsicing about their past, and living in retirement condos in Florida.

But after getting to know people who are that age- there's just a lot of youthful vitality still there, and it's really blown my image of what it means to be middle-aged/on the cusp of retirement. The image of of 65-year olds playing shuffleboard while wearing visors and fanny packs just really doesn't seem to apply to Baby Boomers.

I gotta admit, it's made me look forward to aging as well. I've already got this cross-country road trip plan in my head to celebrate my 50th birthday. (Well, it'd be more like 50th summer because I am not doing a cross-country road trip in December.)

Edited by methodwriter85