NBC's Awake

W_L

Things enjoy about the show:

1. The premise is refreshing and very interesting, what is reality? what is family? what is love?

2. Interesting drama and interesting issues that pop up about a person with either a severe psychological break or a parallel consciousness. Jason Isaacs' character is a father and a husband, but he cannot be both, he's split in half. (For Harry Potter Fans, you will remember him as Lucius Malfoy :P )

I think the show has a lot of great potential, it is not heavy handed or overly dramatic, but it touches on humanity on many levels of contrast, which is probably what the show intended.

Also, BD Wong is in this (gay asian actor famous for Law and Order SVU and Oz), but I kind of feel bad that he's typecast as the psychologist again. SVU was great, but he has so much range, I saw him in Oz and he was amazing.

It might not be a story set in space with star ships named "Enterprise" (I can't find good sci-fi anymore), but it is a good series that is both entertaining and provocative.

What does everyone else thinks?

I thought it was interesting but the wife and son both seemed a little shallow. The emotions they did display looked staged. The role played by BD Wong was irksome while the other shrink was too cutesy. The best parts involved police work and how one reality seemed to impinge on the other in the way of insights and clues. The preview for next week seems to indicate even more of that with the son being taken hostage so I will definately watch.