Most uplifting thing you heard/read/seen lately

Sasha Distan

I work at a secondary school. for those of you in the US this means 11 to 16 year olds. not quite high school.

Today I overheard one of my year 11 student telling a guy in his year known for being the type who throws his weight around that picking on younger effeminate students made him "look really repressed"

And it turns out that even 16 year old teenage boys can admit when their being stupid. I saw him go and apologise to this lovely super-unsure kid in year 9 whose bag he'd thrown across the field.

Faith in humanity and the future generation restored.

seen.heard.read anything good lately to restore your faith in the world?

• Like 3

One Mile Away

This article a few weeks ago in the Daily Telegraph about two black gang leaders in Birmingham realising the stupidity of it all, coming to terms with each other and then becoming mentors for young black guys - all thanks to a courageous documentary film maker, Penny Woolcock, whose film One Mile Away [just released] charts what happens after the two rival gang members – Matthias 'Shabba’ Thompson, 33, from the Johnsons and Dylan Duffus, 31, from the Burger Bar Boys – take the decision to call a truce and campaign for peace. It really uplifted my spirits when I read it. Maybe it will last, maybe it won't. But if two hardened gang enemies can call a truce then so can others.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/9918593/One-Mile-Away-Birmingham-gangs-give-peace-a-chance.html