2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

There Is Always A Tomorrow....

MrM

For those of us who can never forget and to those that are just learning about that day: 9/11/2001 we doubted America had a tomorrow. We didn't know what would happen next. 

Well...there was a tomorrow and here is a symbol of that promise. This is an image of World Trade Center One (The Freedom Tower) at the end of a rainbow! Take Pride! We survived!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/11/chills-rainbow-emerges-from-one-world-trade-center-day-before-911-anniversary/

COkC7yPWwAAWriJ.jpg-large.jpeg

• Like 4

Gorgeous pic!  

Edit to add:

That was a difficult day at best for all of America, I would like to share something that helped me and my students at the time get through it.

I was working at the local grammar school when the towers fell, and many of the students had parents working in the city.  All available hands were called in - the morning and aftercare people, the lunch room supervisors, the classroom and library volunteers, to keep the kids calm and occupied while the teachers reached parents for every single student.

That evening, one of the little girls in my aftercare class asked me "What if they do it again tomorrow?"

I told her "Then we deal with it tomorrow. Today we do what we have to and move on."

I think that was pretty much what all of us in the NYC metro area did. We did what we had to do and faced things one obstacle at a time.

It is the best any of us can do with a difficult situation.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 4

I remember (like it was yesterday) walking past the World Trade Centers on Sunday, September 9th, 2001. We were in New York for a Yankees-Red Sox game and went into the city early to do some sightseeing. We walked in and around the towers. Two days later, they were reduced to a pile of jagged steel rubble. It still creeps me out to this day. I also remember visiting family out on Long Island about a month after 9/11, and when the wind blew right, you could smell the debris smoke 50 miles outside Manhattan in Suffolk County. 

The new One World Trade Center is a beautiful building, and I highly suggest anyone who can go and see it. It's inspiring and a symbol of American pride and strength. 

Edited by TetRefine
  • Like 2

It was a great loss for America when it happened. I pray for every soul that lost on that day. And it was true that hope of tomorrow will make us all to stand for something to heel what we lost... :)