Semper Fi

Jack Scribe

In my several years of restaurant management, I've never quite experienced this.

The Teppan-yaki grill Japanese steakhouse I operatie is the style where you are seated with other guests around a grill with a chef cooking before you. (I hesitate to mention it is a Benihana-style restaurant because we are much better).

Towards the end of the evening last night I greeted three young women and sent them to the bar to wait for the next (and last) table. Next, a young Marine and his wife came in for dinner. Woof, woof...he was hot! I walked the couple over to the bar and bought them a round on me. I do this for all the Marines who come in...yeah, it's a little flag-waving and appreciation time from me.

The final couple to come in were two 'women' in short skirts and mid-drift blouses. One is a woman; the other is obviously a guy...but, how! He is 6' 4", big but not fat and is even taller with gold lame platform heals. His wig looks like it came from a hair salon in Beverly Hills. A strange charicature. I pause for a moment and send the final couple to the bar.

f**k...what a strange situation. They're all going to sit at the same table.

Finally, I sit the 'women' at one corner, then the three young women as a barrier, and then this military stud and his wife. I cross my fingers and go about my business.

The long and short of it is that the table members had a great time and the large cross-dresser bought the Marine's dinner. When I last saw the group, they were laughing and having a good time outside the restaurant.

I'm sure that the Marine will have a few great stories to pass on to his mates back at TwentyNine Palms. Hopefully, he will be a little wiser and accepting.

Jack B)

What a great story! :2thumbs:

There's really no logical reason why a cross-dresser and a marine couldn't be friends. I'm glad to see this example as living evidence of that.

My more cynical side has to ask if you're SURE the marine knew it was really a guy though? I know it sounds silly, but some people are really na

Edited by AFriendlyFace

What a great story! :2thumbs:

There's really no logical reason why a cross-dresser and a marine couldn't be friends. I'm glad to see this example as living evidence of that.

My more cynical side has to ask if you're SURE the marine knew it was really a guy though? I know it sounds silly, but some people are really na