Double standards on Sex in Video Games... and Boy on Boy in Bully

Myr

• Site Administrator

Double Standards on Sex in Video Games

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155165

Boy on Boy in Bully

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154596

I saw these and thought they were interesting reads.

Myr

I'd heard that about Bully, haven't had a chance to play the game myself. Gamers have been able to do the same with The Sims for years. It's true video games get so much heat over their content when movies and television are much worse.

[...] Gamers have been able to do the same with The Sims for years. [...]

Just my thoughts. The few days I played "Sims 2", I had two boys making out.

Don't know, if it's european thinking, but I sometimes don't quite get it.

Example GTA Vice City: Bar from it being a video game, for fun, not the real world, it's quite ok if you kill people en masse, but if there

Completely aside from the ethical part of these articles, I WANT THAT GAME!! Although I'm really not much of a videogamer (once every one or two months with friends?), Bully looks like a great game (like Harry Potter!) because it's real-world stuff. Unfortunately, the company decided not to release on XBox so now, unless I get a Playstation (that I don't particularly want), I can't buy the game. Well, I could; but then I couldn't play it *dejected*.

OK, enough of my gaming desires. I really didn't notice the double standard in games as compared to movies until I read that article. But in all actuality, no one really adheres to the game ratings, as customers can walk out of a store with an M-rated game without being asked for age verification. And seriously, what teenager is going to let a mere game rating stop them from play Halo? Puh-leese c(=

And seriously, what teenager is going to let a mere game rating stop them from play Halo? Puh-leese c(=

Exactly, I see more of tv, it's okay to see a stabing but if a younger generation see's a breast, or a ass :o It crupting kids, :sheep:

Whatever, Only in someplaces in America or maybe a couple of other country's do they freak out about naked people. But it's okay to see a Violent show/film etc.