Jump to content
Bot Attack Again ×

redw18

Members
  • Posts

    91
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by redw18

  1. I read chapters 15 and 16 back-to-back, so I thought I would combine the comments for them in this chapter. I like the way the table turned on Theron. In part 1, Theron chained Devin while letting Devin's life hang by a thin thread. This time, he was the one who was tied up and was at the dead door. When Theron was still Giancarlo Mezenga, he was so powerful, commanding, and seemingly invincible in the way he acted and conducted himself as an immortal with psychic powers. And then chapter 15 revealed the true core of Theron when it stripped him of all his gifts and powers, rendering them ineffective against Devin's mind. And eventually his invincible amour. And what remained underneath was just a human who was scared, powerless, and could still feel pain like all others. Moreover, he lived with safety and comfort for so long that he forgot his original life. In fact, he no longer has the instinct for a room that fears him. These contrasts made the chapter very interesting to read. I like the version of the relationship you created for Mister D and his creator through this story. The passive-aggressive conversation between the two was very entertaining to read. So many cuttings and hidden sharp objects. But the biggest highlight of that conversation was the subtle coldness and strain of the relationship that were cloaked as warmth and familiarity. The supposed warmth of Mister D's creator that Mister D could feel in the air and atmosphere, but never reached his innermost essence. So much warmth, yet it couldn't change the temperature of that winter night at all. Not to mention, the game they played at the expense of human lives, especially the trapped souls, and neither wants to lose. Another interesting thing was that the whole event was in italic text, just like some of the other monologues in previous chapters. I'm so happy to see the cunning side of Devin. I'm so glad and excited that he didn't fall for Mister D's lies. Which is quite ironic since he told Devin that he was the only one who told Devin the truth, since Devin came to Italy And this is just a joke, within the context of this story, I think if Mister D later has a change of heart and wants to pursue a different path, since he dislikes the title/name "Devil" or the "D" word in general, he could go by the name "Mister V" since Venus is the morning star. Sorry if it is a bad joke 😅 Amazing work as usual, Casual! I can't wait for the next chapter 😊
  2. Hello Luka! It's so good to finally meet you again 😊. I also really like the slow burn in this chapter. It enhances my anticipation in a very good way. I hope the fog will be clear and Devin will be able to imagine himself and his life beyond the number 26. Great work as usual, Casual! I can't wait for the next chapter 😊
  3. This is the kind of story I have been trying to find for so long, especially the kind of endings it offers. And I hope Nuno will make more of stories like this
  4. The significant change of Victor's physical body in 10 years is strong evidence of how his own actions and grief did to him. Especially if we compare how he looked in his official artwork, which is also his portrait during the island/vacation event. I know the artwork is not available on this site, but still. I was quite surprised by his change, but I thought it was a fitting consequence for him. I'm so proud of Julian during his conversation with Victor, especially regarding Mark. He has become a beautiful and strong person, full of kindness. I like Julian's view on forgiveness. Indeed, sometimes forgiveness isn't truly about the person we forgave, but more for our own sake and mental health. It also gives us a chance to have our own closure as well. Good on Julian! I also agree with Julian's view about Victor being the poorest man. The guy had the best treasures, his family's genuine love, support and respect, anyone could ask for, but took them for granted and threw them away for nothing. He also could have had Mark as another loving son, but he decided to do those horrible things to Mark. Without the invaluable treasures, Victor's fortune and health diminished significantly within just 10 years. These details are also a highlight of the chapter for me, too. A reminder to always treasure and never take my family's love and support for granted I also love the fact that Mark was once again the bridge for Julian and Catherine's reconciliation. He's such a kind person and a great husband. Catherine was a complicit person and had a lot of flaws and faults. She could stop the whole mess even before it started. But in the end, she truly loves Julian, and was trying to be better and redeem herself and help Mark find Julian. I think her warmth towards Mark was genuine. And I suspect that was the reason why Mark still has a soft spot for her and wanted Julian to reconcile with her. Such a wonderful closure to a wonderful story! Definitely one of the best endings (if not the best) and the best closing chapter I have ever read so far from your library. This story is now my number one favourite 😊.
  5. redw18

    “Nocturne”

    This is an emotional chapter, and yet it feels so satisfying. The highlight of the chapter is when it tells the event or the exact moment when Juilan and Mark were truly free at last. The pairing of the main character in this story was very interesting, now it was said out loud, "the one who had never been refused anything and the one who had never been given anything". I never paid attention to this detail, and when I read it, I was like, "Wow! Yes, it is so true, and it slipped my mind all this time?" Then this obvious yet surprising fact made me smile a bit. In this chapter, I'm glad that the guys are "equal at last, two beggars at the same door". Not because they are beggars, but because it is the first time they are the same. Simply just two men with nothing but their deep and beautiful love for each other. They both carried scars, but they also carried a new understanding for each other. And from that moment, they started to truly walk in the same path they paved for each other and toward a new and brighter future together. These details, "No part of him listened for cars, or doors, or footsteps" and "he had ever wanted asleep on his arm, owning nothing, owed nothing, owned by no one", made me so happy for Mark. A well-deserved peace, especially for a kind person like him. Oh, speaking about Mark, there has been a question in my mind for a while. What is his job/occupation in the current timeline? Julian is a renowned music composer and professor (and it's quite clear to me that he loves his jobs), but Mark is still quite a little mystery in that regard to me. In any case, whatever he is doing for a living, I hope it is something he is passionate about, and it has been bringing him joy every day Fabulous work as usual, Nuno!
  6. redw18

    "Gaspard"

    Even though Julian's grandfather never physically appeared in the story, I can feel that he truly loved Julian, and not just because he never trusted Victor. And I think his final act of love gave Julian the freedom to choose, a possibility to decide his future without the interference from Victor. I guess the old man already saw who Victor truly was and never trusted him. If Catherine didn't fall in love with Victor and insisted on marrying him, her father would never accept Victor. Or he did give Victor a chance, but well, Victor was being Victor, never changed, only got worse. This chapter is so soulful, and the piano scene gave me goosebumps in a very good way. The way Julian used music to communicate and express his feelings without saying a single word is both heartfelt, heartbreaking, emotional, and so impactful. That scene is definitely one of your best works in my opinion, and one of my favourites even though it was so sad. I'm glad that Mark was the man on the bed from the previous chapter. I'm so happy he and Julian are still together, and their relationship is getting stronger despite all the past traumas. Admittedly, I had doubts about whether they were still together, especially while reading the piano scene where he was missing. I was so worried something bad had happened to him, and I was so happy my worry was unfounded, and I was just a little paranoid (sorry about that! 😅) A gorgeous chapter as usual, Nuno!
  7. This chapter told the story of Julian 10 years after the heartwrenching event from the previous chapter, and I thought it was so interesting and effective. Instead of revealing the immediate aftermath, you gave us a look into Julian's future life. - It seems like Julian is already in a better place, so he must overcome the worst from that event. However, interestingly, the scars in him are still quite present. The event still exists strongly in him, and he is no longer in contact with Victor. His relationship with Catherine is a distance phone call every Sunday, and she has always been the one who calls. I think this is a very powerful way to show what a big and horrible impact the ugly secrets had on Julian. He may be in a much better place now, but the scars are still imprinted on him very clearly for at least 10 years now. - Having said that, I'm really happy to see how successful Julian is now. Not only that, he possesses a quiet confidence and yet he is still very humble at the same time. This is the very opposite of Victor, whose confidence was accompanied by demanding attentions from others, and Victor surely had no humility in him. - I also love Julian's teaching and guidance to his students. He was very thoughtful and kind. And what he gave his student was true knowledge transfer from real experience, not just reciting from a textbook. He truly wanted his students to learn and grow - Julian also builds a life with his own hands, not from his family's money, lives among a real community now, instead of a cage, and has real friends and colleagues who truly respect him. All in all, I'm so happy for him. I was so worried for him and his relationship with Mark when I first read the previous chapter - Once again, this chapter gave me the current state of his relationships with his parents. I truly feel bad for Catherine, but I believe it's probably necessary for her own redemption, too. Very sad consequences, but also a fair one at the same time. - Speaking about relationships. What a cliffhanger! Very effective! Good on you, Nuno, although it made me really nervous once I reached the end of this chapter 😅! - The best highlight in this chapter for me is this part - this part - "That knowledge was the bedrock under everything he now had, the thing nobody could ever take back or hold over him, because he had built it with his own two hands out of nothing, the slow way, the only way that was ever truly yours.". because I saw my own growing journey, especially in adulthood, through it. It's so true and relatable. 😊 Great work as usual, Nuno!
  8. What an exciting chapter! 1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Devin will be able to keep his promise and return and reunite with Toni, and He will introduce Luka to her too! I have a strong feeling she will love Luka just like she loves Devin. The girl deserves two beautiful and kind big brothers, and Devin and Luka deserve to have a sister like Toni, too. 😊 2. It seemed like Devin was gifted something other than his returned stolen light from part 1 of the story. I don't think he was this bright when he and Luka first met Theron/Mezenga. Yes, he was also a source, but his current light is on a different level; even Theron was surprised by it. So my theory is that when Theron returned his light from the tree, the act also opened a passage for the tree to give Devin something else, too, a gift, a combined light, or perhaps a manifestation of the heart of the tree. I don't know, but I'm so excited to find out in future chapters. 😄 3. Speaking of gifts, I feel like Devin is having a similar ability to Theron since everyone is volunteering to help him, and they don't even know why. It's probably not the same type of Theron's mind control, but his light is definitely special, as it could influence others to help Devin even though he didn't consciously use the ability. 4. Interestingly, Enzo's flower is connecting directly to the tree's new heart. Perhaps Enzo's love and light gave the tree a blueprint to create that hidden room that eventually housed the light of both Luka and Devin. Also, maybe Enzo's soul is lending his light to the guys in order to help them to overcome this and eventually free the trapped souls. Haha, maybe I'm thinking too much and getting ahead of myself. 😅 Again, this is an amazing chapter, Casual. I can't wait for the next chapter. 😊
  9. redw18

    “Assay”

    This is a heavy chapter in many ways. I feel deeply for Mark. No one deserved what he had been through. When Mark pleaded with Julian to let him clean so that he could feel like a person. My heart ached for him, especially during the shower scene, where he felt his body was so dirty because of what Victor did to him and tried to get rid of all the traces of the disgusting man on him. What a cruel and despicable creature Victor was! I completely understand why Mark couldn't tell Julian about all of this. Mark might think he was a coward for asking Julian to run away with him, but I would never think of him as a coward. Mark himself is also traumatised, and he has no money or power to change any of this. Victor had rotten to the core, and Catherine had been complicit long before this event. And he couldn't know how Julian could endure this truth, either. So, I completely understand and sympathise with his decision For Catherine, I was very disappointed in her, and I won't defend her involvement in this mess, especially since she had known about Victor's true nature and could have intervened and stopped this much sooner. However, she tried to stop Victor in the end when she realised she and her husband were hurting the people they were supposed to protect, especially Julian. It was too late, obviously, but I think her soul wasn't completely lost, and there may be a chance for her redemption. I wonder when she first realised about the disgusting "arrangement" Victor forced Mark into? At first, I thought she only really realised about this during the breakfast scene where "her face white and her eyes not on Victor and not on Julian but on Mark. Fixed on Mark." but then Mark previously mentioned, "Catherine is not going to think anything.". That could imply that she had been turning a blind eye to the secrets of the family, but that might not be related at all. So I truly don't know Now, for the true villain, Victor was such a hypocrite. It turned out that he was a nobody and could have climbed to the position he had thanks to Catherine and her family's support and fortune. And yet, he dared to look down on Mark and said Mark would never be one of them, and Mark was a stray? He was also a stray, and he admitted as much. He wasn't as almighty as he thought he was. In my opinion, this detail makes Victor very real. From my own experience, people like Victor are not rare in real life. Some poor and powerless people became cold, lacked sympathy, and looked down on others who were in the same situation as they were when they gained power and money. And this made Victor more terrifying because he wasn't cartoonishly evil, but every real. Also, Victor talked as if he were forced into a loveless marriage with no other option, and Catherine and her money were the foundation for the monster that her is now. Such a ridiculous argument. He could always say no. I doubt Catherine's father wanted a "stray" like him to marry his daughter if she wasn't in love with him and insisted on marrying him. Her family was rich, and he was a nobody. He wanted the money. He wanted the power and the life. Catherine made many mistakes and had many faults and flaws, but she had nothing to do with who he truly was. If it wasn't Catherine, I have a strong feeling that he would have found another rich family and tried to find his way in. And he would turn out more or less like he is now, because that was his true nature (again, from his own words, "You didn’t marry a king and watch him turn cruel. You picked the cruelty. You smelled it at that party and you wanted it"). Haha, sorry for my ranting, Nuno. However, the chapter was so good, and I got a bit emotional 😅. Great work as usual!
  10. redw18

    “Gilt”

    Victor and Charles truly needed to attend some classes regarding how to be a father. But, well, I guess it was too late for them already. This chapter makes me feel deeply for Mark and love him more. At least, Julian has a genuinely motherly love from Catherine. Mark has none from his parents. They gave him nothing but coldness and neglect. No wonder he preferred to hang out with Julian's family, because over there he had the love from his best friend and the warmth from Catherine. I think this may be the reason why Mark seemed to have a soft spot for Catherine and always encouraged Julian to bond and open up more with her. Despite all the mistreatment from his parents, Mark sacrificed his freedom, his future, and even his body to help them. Despite his circumstances, he still chose to be a kind and decent person. Did all he could to save his parents, who had no love for him, and kept encouraging Julian to improve the relationship with his mother. I also understand now why he couldn't tell Julian. How could he? Not just the fact that he had to sell himself, but also the fact that his best friend's father is a rotten person and a scrumbag. That would be too cruel to Julian. Speaking about Victor, he is truly a villain of this story. Mark, his only son's best friend, desperately came to him for help. Instead of offering a hand or creating a genuine opportunity for Mark to earn back the money to pay him back through employment with honest work (Mark is a very smart guy; he could add valuable benefit to the business), he took advantage and forced Mark, his son's best friend and the person his son loves the most, into that disgusting "arrangement". What a disgusting and despicable human being Victor was! And that's also definitely not a father. Great work as usual, Nuno!
  11. redw18

    “Mercury”

    This chapter is giving me so many emotions. Ok, I'll start with the positive emotions first. I really love Julian and Mark's banters. They have always been funny, lighthearted, and warm. What a joy to read I love seeing Mark being possessive of Julian. And the best part was that he wasn't being negative, controlling, or toxic at all. It was proved by the way they handled the Theo situation, and even Julian thought it was the hottest thing he had ever seen The climbing wall scene made me laugh out loud. It was so hilarious, especially when Julian was panicking about the flowerbed, "extremely dead" 😆. I even imagined Catherine's face the next morning when she saw the flowerbed and realised Julian was the culprit 😆. I love your humour, Nuno! And just like the calm before the storm, those emotions were quickly replaced by the steam room scene. The secret was officially out in this chapter. However, even though I always knew Mark and Victor had something going on behind the closed door, it surprised me a lot. It surprised me because before this chapter, I suspected it was a secret affair between the men. But what I read wasn't a secret affair, but a kind of transaction that almost felt like blackmail. Mark was clearly distressed and uncomfortable about this. It seems like he would even rather flee from that steam room if he had a choice. So whatever this "affair" was, I suspect it was a complicated matter that could involve Mark’s family fortune and definitely not a "love affair" at all. It's clear to me since the beginning that Mark only loved Julian and never had any interest in Victor. But I thought maybe Victor had some feelings for Mark. That thought was thrown out of the window in this chapter. He was really cold to Mark, even when his public mask was off, and he only had lust for Mark. Even worse, Victor knew full well that Julian loved Mark deeply, and he still did it for six months. Again, what kind of father is that? I think it's a bit clearer to me now that Victor is the main villain of this story. What a chapter! Amazing work, Nuno! I'm moving to the next chapter now! See you over there!
  12. redw18

    “Daylight”

    I really, really like the way this chapter was being told in two POVs, Julian and Mark. The best part is that their POVs are blended effortlessly and make a very coherent flow for the chapter. It was almost like the chapter was told by one single being. That makes their connections even more special. Jules and Mark were truly made for each other. "Catherine is not going to think anything." - I feel like I will have to revisit this later. At first, I only thought Mark knew Catherine already knew about Julian's love for Mark, but since his voice was darkening, I think maybe Mark probably knew something else about Catherine. I guess the answers will be in future chapters, then. Victor is showing his true face more clearly this time. And that face was full of cruelty. He no longer pretended to see Mark as a "son". Even if the chapter didn't confirm the fact that he didn't make a scene at the breakfast table because he feared for his secrets (which is very clear now that he and Mark were having something going on behind the closed door) to be exposed, rather than being afraid of gossip, I feel his reasons for opposing Mark and Julian sharing a room were very lame. Mark and Julian were best friends. Did he ever hear about "sleepover"? There is nothing inappropriate or wrong about that. Not to mention, the whole staff was his employees. Did he truly believe he could convince people that a controlling and very rich man like him couldn't prevent his staff from gossiping about something ordinary like sharing a big room on vacation between two best friends? Julian couldn't see it because he was upset and emotional, but he would eventually. The guy is smart, and he was steadily realising the things beneath the surface of his "happy" family. I guess Victor's fears were making him sloppy. So it's going to be interesting to see when the mask comes off completely. "with no son to perform the father for" - I feel so sorry for Julian. What kind of father was that? Where was his love for his only son? The way Catherine looked at Mark at the breakfast scene and her tears at the end, I suspect she must have realised or known something about Mark and Victor. Amazing work as usual, Nuno! I love this chapter! 😊
  13. redw18

    "Grey"

    Toni continues to make me like her more and more. She is such a good 'little sister' to Devin. "Cancer" (or rather "a tumor") is again used in this chapter. However, this time it is used figuratively as a metaphor. Interestingly, the clever seems to think the presence of Luka in Devin's memory is a disease, and of course, not a disease to Devin, but to their own plans or operations. So they decided to cut it out. And this is a highlight of this chapter to me. Because despite their effort to cut it clean, a cancer can always return without warning and ruin the clever and their plans. Well, a literal cancer was killing the body of an immortal, so maybe this figurative cancer can at least put an end to their machinery for good. The biggest highlight of the chapter for me, of course, is the fact that the parts of Luka's and Devin's souls, which are stored in the tree, are starting to have a direct effect on Theron. Or rather, Theron was feeling the pain and yearning of Luka's and Devin's souls that are calling out to each other. And that pain wasn't Theron's but theirs (his own pain was taken out by contract long time ago). And inhabiting Luka's body didn't do him any favours either Theron is truly wearing the wrong "suit", and it seemed like he was no longer 100% himself either. What an amazing and exciting chapter, Casual! Wonderful work as usual!
  14. redw18

    "Heartbeats"

    The love-making session between Julian and Mark was passionate, hot, and unironically full of love. It's also so heartwarming with Mark's full love confession to Julian, and especially when he called Julian "Jules". This also marked the first time I had ever heard he said that to Julian. Such a lovely scene! I like Mark even more in this chapter, especially when he encouraged Julian to talk to and bond more with Catherine. I found what Catherine said about the fact that a book doesn't always mean the same thing twice, even to the same reader, is so true (at least in my case). Most of the time, I also found some new aspects, perspectives, and wisdom when I revisit books and movies from my own library. This is a very deep and interesting piece of wisdom. Thank you. Having said that, I'm interested to know Catherine's new perspective on the ending of Kate Chopin's book after her second visit or whether she finished it for the second time. Ironically, she also had a hand in creating a cage for her own son, just like the female protagonist whom she had so much sympathy for. Catherine was also afraid that the world would not be kind to Julian, and I have a strong feeling this detail will become an irony that will look right back at her in later chapters. In any case, I found Catherine to be a deeply flawed but very interesting character. Great work as always, Nuno!
  15. redw18

    "Silver"

    I liked that Mark returned Julian's feelings in this chapter, and their love continued to bloom. However, this chapter also marked the first sign of the struggles they are going to endure. I have high hope for them, though. Mark truly considered Catherine as his mother figure, a person who was the first to see him. It seemed like Catherine also cared for him. At least from his perspective. I was so glad for Mark, and thought I liked Catherine more for this until I reached the breakfast scene. The breakfast in this chapter is truly a highlight. It was so tense, tight, and uncomfortable. I was offered a closer and more truthful look at Julian's parents' relationship, thanks to the changes in Julian's perspective after experiencing true intimacy for the very first time. Victor and Catherine's relationship was all performance. No love, that is for sure. I didn't see any trace of genuine respect between them either. What a shame, though! And if they can make an excellent performance like that for their only son for years, then I wonder how genuine they truly were with Mark. Another interesting point in that eye-opening breakfast was that it confirmed more about the relationship between Victor and Julian. Apparently, Catherine was the mother who stood between her loving son and the "force that governs their household" ( not between her son and his dad, nor her son and her husband), even though she is helping to make "the passage between them navigable". Victor should be focusing more on being a dad instead of on controlling. But I guess with the way the story is going, it may be too late. As always, great work, Nuno! Have a lovely day. I'll move to the next chapter now.
  16. redw18

    “Ripple”

    I think I like Toni. I hope you have a plan for her. I think she is just the friend Devin needs. Poor Devin, he lived without a big chunk of himself. Luka had been attached to the majority of his life. Removing him from Devin's memory surely left a big hole in Devin's being. No wonder he was miserable. But "fate is a curious thing" (well, according to Brahms from the game Valkyrie Profile). I'm excited for what happened next now that the seal of his memory was started to be unlocked. I also like the way you explained the way how loopholes of scheming (even if the scheming was from supernatural and immortal forces) can happen in this story. It feels so natural and fits the story theme really well This chapter also inspired me to listen to some Fado. In fact, I was listening to some while writing this comment. 😊 Great work as always, Casual!
  17. I love the slow burn when Julian gradually realised he had been in love with Julian the whole time. The way he expressed his love confession to Mark through music was so powerful, touching, pure, and romantic. No wonder Julian could break through Mark's mask and touch his heart. It proved that he loved Mark wholeheartedly, and the love is so pure and yet passionate. All of this exploded in the passionate kissing scene at the end of the chapter, where Mark returned his feelings. The piano subject, which continued from the previous chapter, and the dinner scene made me think that deep down, Julian desired to break through the golden cage his parents designed for him. Maybe not consciously yet, but definitely unconsciously, he wanted to be his own person rather than to be a talented "pianist" like his father wanted, among other expectations from Victor. Speaking about Victor, I feel like his fatherly love for Julian is quite conditional and very cold, too. The coldness here is not just the result of my comparison between Victor's love for Julian and the motherly love that Catherine had for Julian. It's just plain cold. In my opinion, if a person is a loving, warm and understanding dad, his children won't ask him the question "A favour or a request?" like it was some kind of business transaction or a "favour" from the company's CEO. But again, that is just my opinion. This chapter also describes the main differences between Victor and Julian. Julian may be a younger version of Victor, but he is a person whom others trust (or can trust). While Victor is someone others obeyed (or fear, in my opinion). I really like this comparison because I think it is very important, especially for Julian's growth as a person, who is foretold to be very different from his father. Great chapter as usual, Nuno!
  18. redw18

    "Altitude"

    This chapter is an interesting opening. It's beautiful and sad at the same time. A lot of foreshadowing, but not really just foreshadowing from the storyteller. It felt like Julian's memories. Or rather, Julian was looking back on his memories, to what he believed was the start of the chain of events. To analyse, to understand, and to try to find what he missed or what he should do instead in those moments. Maybe because of that, I felt a sense of grief and regret in this chapter. Because whatever event shook and changed Julian already happened, and now he has started to look back and find out exactly the signs or things he could see but refused to do so. I think besides Julian and Mark, Catherine will be my favourite. And I agree with @VBlew, I think Victor and Mark have been sharing a secret affair, or at least, only Julian was oblivious at this point. However, it's also interesting that Mark clearly only loves Julian, and he showed no interest in Victor, in the sense of romantic feelings or interest. I think I will have an emotional ride with this story. Great work, Nuno! See you in the next chapter!
  19. This is a wonderful ending for an amazing and emotional story. I love it! Well done, Nuno! Marina blew up her second chance, and that is exactly what I expected. Based on what I read, I think she only thought her fortune diminished because she lost the court case/battle to Liam and his team, not because she was wrong. Because of that, she never changed and kept falling back to her old ways of management and treating and trying to control her clients like a tool, intead proving them true guidance and protection. And obviously, she blew her own second chance as a result. And I think this reflects real life really well. The birthday party is truly the highlight. I love the banter of everyone. It's truly fun to see the nerdy side of Liam when he was talking about art. And it's absolutely a joy to see his relationships with his friends have got even stronger throughout the year. Not only that, Liam, Hudson, and their friends are also doing their best to make such positive changes to the community and working environment of the entertainment industry. I'm glad they are gaining huge success with their mission, too. The biggest highlight, of course, is the final scene between Liam and Hudson. It's simply a chief kiss. I know it's late, but congratulations on this wonderful story, Nuno! And thank you! 😊
  20. "Guillotine" - A word I don't see too often, but it is indeed the outstanding word within this chapter, in my opinion. The word that inflicts fears, terrors, horrors, coldness, and brutality on anyone who has ever actually seen it, and most of all, those who suffered its blade. And yet the metaphor that it represented is truly what Marina deserved. A fitting fate for a heartless villain. I'm so happy for Hudson's and Liam's success and achievements in court and their professional and personal lives in this chapter. Their love is so sweet. I love it. I really love the friendship Liam and Mateo developed naturally throughout the year. Think about it, Mateo must be Liam's first true platonic best friend. I'm so happy for Liam. He truly deserves a great friend like Teo. Their banters were really natural and funny. And it's so good to see Teo is now Liam's manager. I have always known the guy has a talent for management and crisis control. It's a good career path for him. This chapter also inspired me to name my own house, too. Such a good idea! Thanks, Nuno, Liam, and Hudson! I'm so excited. It's going to be real fun 😄! Wonderful chapter, Nuno!
  21. redw18

    "I'm His"

    I'm so glad Hudson not only got the promotion he so well-deserved but also gained a work dad. The promotion wasn't just a promotion, but a recognition. Hudson was being seen and recognised not just for his talent but for his hard work and honesty. I'm so happy for him. Mateo is still the best diva. The love scene between Hudson and Liam is very hot, fun, and passionate. What a joy to read! I really like the way you keep things suspended and create high anticipation from readers in your writing. A simple "I lost...everything", which was paired with the context of the present timeline, made me a bit worried. However, luckily, I was reading this story after it was finished, so I didn't have to wait for so long. I really can't imagine what I would feel if I read this story while it was still in progress 😅. I would be very nervous for this chapter to be released Amazing work as always, Nuno! 😊
  22. I really like the parallel perspectives of both Liam and Hudson in this chapter. In many ways, their struggles mirror each other. Both were blacklisted in their respective fields because of vile machinery. However, they were both offered a new beginning/chance by honest people who saw them as fellow human beings and refused to cave in to the heartless and cruel demands from that machinery. I guess the message from this chapter is that as long as good people stay true to themselves and do not give up, there will always be good people in society who are not afraid of tyranny and will either find them or give them a chance to start over again. This made me feel warm 😊. Great chapter, Nuno! Enjoy your weekend!
  23. redw18

    "I'm Awake"

    I really love the confrontation Liam had with Marina. I have a strong feeling this is also a big turning point for him because Liam could witness the whole truth through his own eyes, not through the words of a third party, like Evelyn, for example. For the first time, he saw the real Marina, for what she truly was. He saw that the warm mother figure in front of him was an act, and Marina was a great actress. But with that rotten personality of hers, who actually wanted to be a fan, right? 😆 The apartment and Mateo continue to be my favourite highlights. I had a big and good laugh when Mateo "nearly ascended to heaven" because of Hudson's "slightly over-salted popcorn" 😆. And the ringtone - "Some hyper-pop remix that sounded like a robot having sex with a disco ball" - I also had a lot of fun trying to imagine it. If there is any sample or sound similar to it in real life, I'm interested in listening to it. Maybe I will have another good and loud laugh again 😄. Another great chapter, Nuno! Have a good day! 😊
  24. redw18

    "Kill-Switch"

    Since everyone already covered what I thought about Marina and her character, I'm not going to repeat it. So I'm just going to add this. The tragic between Liam and Marina's relationship is that, until this chapter, Liam still thought she raised him with love and care, or at least that was what he wanted to believe. In any case, he truly considered her as a mother figure or his legal guardian. He had always known she was controlling, but I guess I just simply thought she was like an overbearing mother, and despite her controlling tendency, she genuinely loved him and cared for him. Just to be betrayed like that, it's not only brutal but heartless. I really like the contrast between Liam's mansion and Hudson's apartment in this chapter. Even though Hudson's place is just a run-down apartment, it offered warmth and felt like an actual home, even to Liam, while his own mansion is now so cold and denies him. Well, it's not the mansion's fault, but the contrast is just so interesting. The apartment even offered me light-hearted moments that made me smile, like "a throw blanket thrown like someone had collapsed under it and lived to tell the tale". So good! 😆 Mateo continues to increase my fondness for him. Such a good character! Great work, Nuno!
  25. redw18

    “Goodbye”

    This chapter is truly emotional! Oh my Luka! Such a brave and beautiful soul! I was so sad for him, even though I had already foreseen what would happen to him since chapter 4. Anyway, I have decided that I'm still going to be very hopeful about all of this, especially since part 2 is coming. 1. So I guess the one that escaped from Mezenga's body was Theron's hunger. The entity that was given to him by Mister D. The one that helped him to see the light in others. There was beauty in it as the story described. 2. So now is my theory, that hunger was once a seed of light. Mister D was once called the Light Bringer. He was supposed to bring the seeds of light to humans, but he changed. As a result, this seed that he was supposed to care for is also corrupted (it wasn't supposed to look like a demon at all - an angel-like form was probably its original form). It was morphed into what it is now, and instead of producing light, it took or stole light from others and trapped their soul in the process. Or at least it was supposed to produce seeds of light, and Mister D was its caretaker. That was probably the reason why Mezenga was able to produce a seed that grew into the Soul tree over 500 years ago after accumulating enough light. 3. In this corrupted version, the entity produced an imperfect/incomplete Soul tree, as evidently it was hollow and lacked a true core. Luka and Devin's light and love gave it a core, thus making the tree complete, or at least bringing it closer to its intended original version. The one that should produce light and help souls transcend, instead of stealing light and trapping souls. 4. The Soul Tree is also a physical manifestation that represents the state of a corrupted seed of light/the hunger. Since the tree was lacking a core, in the shape of a human heart, the entity has to consume one and reside in the heart's location of the new vessel after migrating to it and become the vessel's new heart. 5. Another point I forgot to mention in the last chapter is that Luka's and Devin's light types are also quite special. One bright and one anchored. They are not the bright and the dimmed, or the fuel and the furnace. They complement each other. As anchored light, Luka became a safe place for Devin to grow and not be pulled or swallowed by the dimmed ones or other forces. In return, Devin's warmth and brightness shone on Luka and gave him happiness and peace. And they gave the tree their special type of combination as a core. And that made me feel really hopeful, not just because this is just my wishful thinking. 6. I really admired you. In a scene that could be quite terrifying, like the ritual scene in this chapter, you can still make it so erotic and hot 😆. Well, tbh, I wished it had happened in a very different situation where Luka would be safe, since he really enjoyed it. I think even Mezenga wished they could go at least another round 😆. Great work, Casual! I can't wait for new chapters of Futile Devices: The Hollow!
×
×
  • Create New...