Jump to content

Josh Aterovis

Author
  • Posts

    813
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Josh Aterovis

  1. After my morning coffee, I returned to my room, but Foster was still sound asleep. The sheets had twisted around his body while he slept and he was exposed from the waist up. It could have been worse, I thought to myself. He's not my type, but at least he has a nice body. Still a shame about that face, though. I decided I didn't want to hang around the room, mostly because I was tired of reading and I didn't want to play video games in case it woke Foster up and I was forced to convers
  2. I'm missing your commentary!
  3. I HAVE BEEN CORRECTED. Mr. Dabeagle never worked in a coffee shop. His imagination is just THAT GOOD.
  4. I have every confidence that you will find some less pleasant characters eventually. 😉
  5. This chapter was all Dabeagle! I'm sure I meddled here and there, but he wrote all of Kody's chapters and I wrote all of Jake's. We collaborated heavily and reworked scenes together, but he gets all the credit for Kody!
  6. Yeah, I fell in love with Kody when we wrote the original version and fell even more in love on this rewrite!
  7. Dabeagle worked in a coffee shop when he was younger so a lot of his customer service experience really shows in the coffee shop scenes! I have never been especially cut out for customer service. 🤣
  8. Yeah, he's posting his chapters on Sundays, so I made the adjustment as well.
  9. In some ways my first week away at college was a lot like being at home. Classes hadn't started yet, so I mostly just worked at my newly acquired job and goofed off with Nick. I’d spent enough time in a coffee shop that picking up things at The Morning Rush wasn’t that difficult. Max said the first week would be training, but in reality, that had lasted all of a shift and a half, and mostly consisted of learning where to find things. While twice the size of the one I was used to back home,
  10. Yes, his story was far from over!
  11. Yeah, that was also important for me with this rewrite. Judy was barely in the original version and their relationship has changed and evolved in the 20-some years since we first wrote it.
  12. This is really the first time we've been able to spend time with Jake since he got sober and a boatload of therapy. This is a...well, not well adjusted maybe, but better adjusted Jake. He's still carrying a lot of trauma, and that will definitely show, but he's older, sober, and a little wiser. Dabeagle and I really leaned into the com part of the rom-com, though. We tried to keep the humor throughout, even when things get a little heavier at times.
  13. I hope it's not a spoiler to say you'll see a lot more of Slug in this version.
  14. It was a well-built wall.
  15. "Where do we go first?" Judy looked around the intimidatingly large campus. I shrugged. "Um...I'm not sure. The dorms?" "Didn't they send you some instructions?" Feeling like the world's dumbest freshman, I pulled up the email I'd received a few weeks earlier and scanned it quickly. "Yeah. It says I'm supposed to go to my dorm building and check in with the RA to get my room assignment." "And classes start when?" "Next Monday." "What are you supposed to do for
  16. LOL Yes, the chapters alternate POV, but only between Jake and Kody. Next chapter will be back to Jake.
  17. 🤣
  18. Thank you! Aren't Max and Marla fun?
  19. Yes, a lot more Nick in this version! I loved Nick and demanded more! LOL Or something like that... Several of the side characters are more prominent in the rewrite. We wanted to build up Jake and Kody's support network. There are some more big changes to come. And yes, the coffee shop played a pretty big role before, as I recall, but it remains a central location.
  20. Only time will tell...
  21. I can't take credit for this chapter! While we each contributed to each other's chapters, I'm reasonably certain Dabeagle wrote that charming bit. 🤣 And yes, Charlie and Nick are great characters. I wanted more of them too, especially Nick, so that was another intentional part of the rewrite.
  22. We did adjust some of the backstory for Charlie and Kody, but Dabeagle swears they were always adopted? I confess I do not remember... LOL And yes, I have often said that Tad and Charlie would be a formidable pair....
  23. The tour boat slowly churned through the water toward the thundering cascade of Niagara Falls. The flow came from such a massive height, it generated a huge amount of spray — not to mention noise — as it crashed into the river below. My little brother Charlie leaned precariously over the railing next to me, so far, his feet actually dangled above the deck. “I wonder how close we'll get.” I grinned at his excitement. “Close enough to get soaked.” The flimsy ponchos they were handin
×
×
  • Create New...