Jump to content
    arsimms
  • Author
  • 2,791 Words
  • 1,096 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

For Richer or For Poorer - 3. Chapter 3 - False Accusations

Davis is in the hospital and Bryce is a nervous wreck. Will the hospital lead to happiness or will something sinister come and destroy them? More of Davis' family background is revealed and James meets a future mentor. WARNING!!!: Mentions of Drug and alcohol abuse

“Are you boys here for Davis Caldwell,” said Dr. Isaiah Hamilton tiredly.

“Yes sir, is he okay,” Bryce asked worriedly.

Dr. Hamilton smiled assuredly, “He’s fine thanks to you. He had to have stitches from the crack to the head, but other than that there are no ill effects of his drinking binge other than dehydration and some stomach pain. That’s expected though.”

“Can I see him, sir? I just want to show him I’m here for him.”

“Absolutely, follow me boys,” then looking at James, who looked familiar said, “Are you a doctor young man?”

Surprised, James said, “Not yet. I am in Med School at UW-Milwaukee right now, and doing my Student Residency at Milwaukee General, maybe I've worked under you before, you look familiar enough.”

“Ah, yes I do work at Milwaukee General every other week, so it's possible. What’s your name, son?” he asked holding out his hand for a handshake.

“My name is James Alexander, Dr. Hamilton,”

“Please James, as a future doctor and hopefully a friend, just call me Isaiah.”

“It would a pleasure Isaiah, thank you.” James said blushing.

Bryce, becoming impatient, asked as they got through the double doors asked, “Can I see him now?”

“Absolutely the room is the fifth door on the left past the vending machine,” Isaiah told him.

Bryce found the room and stopped hoping Davis would still be his best friend after what transpired.
When he opened the door, his heart broke at the sight before him. In the hospital bed was Davis sleeping, sedated and hooked up to an IV. He looked like hell. 'God Davis I am so sorry,’ he thought to himself, shedding some tears.

He said quietly, “I love you Davis.”

He sat in a chair next to Davis, where exhaustion took over for him and he fell asleep, holding and stroking his best friend’s hand.

***

 

In Bolingbrook, Detectives Katherine Walsh and Devin Callando walked up the cobblestone steps of the Caldwell mansion getting ready to interview their suspect’s parents and hopefully Davis Caldwell.

The house was a huge white brick mansion, at least 5 stories tall. Looking around the perimeter of the house gave off the impression the family were not plant lovers. No flower gardens. No trees. No personality.

Devin began thinking about the evidence stacked up against Davis. He also studied the crime scene photos in his head. He was disgusted at that poor girl had gone through. Rape. Torture. Stabbed, Strangled. Bound by chains. All before being put out of her misery by havng her head nearly severed off her body. This kid had too be either mentally ill or a real psychopath.

He picked psychopath. ‘Rich kid probably thinks he can get away with murdering a working girl,’ Devin voiced to himself.

After knocking on the door he stepped back as the door opened to a sight to behold. Standing before him was Natalia Caldwell, looking like she just got up after three days of cocaine and heroin use. Little did he know he was spot on with that assumption?

“What the hell do you want? Who are you?” she said.

Det. Walsh spoke up, “Mrs. Caldwell? My name is Det. Katherine Walsh and this is Det. Devin Callando, we’re with Kenosha Homicide in Wisconsin, can we come inside please?”

“Whatever, come on in,” Natalia said irritably.

When Devin and Katherine entered the house, they began to for clues about what the family dynamic looked like. Passing the living room all they saw was a white room with white furniture but absolutely no personality. In fact, the room looked like it was never used. It was surprisingly bare of personal touches. While most families would have pictures and knick knacks form trips or gifted from family members, but from what the detectives saw: there were none. When they got into the kitchen, the coldness of the house continued to unnerve them. Devin noticed that the kitchen lacks the touch of a family living in the house. The room and its appliances looked like it had never been cooked in, and there was an overwhelming smell of bleach permeating the tension-filled air. It gave the perception of being cold and uninviting.

Devin’s cop senses were in overdrive at the mansion’s sterile appearance. ‘Something’s off about this house and this woman.’

At that moment Natalia spun around and glared at the officers and asked aggravated, “So what the hell is so important that you had to wake me up at this ungodly hour?”

It was noon, but before Devin could respond with a smartass quip, Katherine elbowed him and said, “Do you have a son named Davis?”

Natalia sighed angrily, “Yea, so? What did he do, kill somebody?”

The detectives looked at each other. Devin’s suspicions kicked up a notch.

He asked curiously, “Why would you ask that?”

“That boy has been nothing but trouble since he was little. He has been nothing but a big disappointment to this family, since he was born. His father and I have tried everything to help him, but he will never change. Now my son Jason, he’s a good boy; always a perfect child,” she lied, “So who did he kill?”

Devin wasn’t buying it and neither was Katherine.

“We can’t tell you due to official police business,” she said suspiciously.

Natalia harrumphed, “So why the fuck are you here?”

“We need Davis to answer some questions, can we talk to him?” Katherine says losing her patience with the woman.

“He’s not here,” Natalia said cryptically.

“Where is he?” Devin snapped.

If looks could kill, Natalia’s would have killed Devin right there. She said angrily, “I don’t know, he should be in Milwaukee at Marquette, but he could be in jail for all I care?”

‘Some mother you are,’ Devin thought. “Thank you for your time ma’am,” he said, then turned to
Katherine and said “Come on let’s head back to Wisconsin to talk to Davis.”

“Good riddance pigs,” Natalia mumbled to herself, but Devin heard her anyway and shot her a dirty look.

When they got to the car, Devin sighed angrily.

Katherine looked at her partner and asked, "You alright?"

“She was a piece of work. Did you notice her appearance. She looked like she has been on an all night drug binge. The house smells like chemicals. It made me want to search the house.” he said.

“I know, but we didn't have a warrant. She's hiding something. I also get this sinking feeling she knows a lot about this case. The way she jumped to the conclusion that Davis killed someone can't be a coincidence.”Katherine said, replaying the encounter in her head

“Yea, that was bizarre, I kind of feel sorry for this kid now. I mean it seemed to me that she despises her son. The question is why?” Devin said. He began wondering if this was all an elaborate setup. 'Something's fishy about this.'

"We should investigate the family more closely."

She noticed Devin was contemplating something,"What are thinking?"

"My gut is telling me this Davis kid might have been set up by the real killer and that the police were meant to arrest him."

“Well your gut must be wrong this time, the rape kit came back to Davis’ DNA,” she said, knowing Devin's gut feelings usually were right..

“He could have been framed by that woman back there,” Devin said, “I wouldn’t put it past her.”

Katherine sighed, “Yeah I know, but why?”

"There's only one way to find out. Talk to Davis Caldwell."

***


When Jacob Caldwell returned home from work, Natalia filled him in on the cop’s visit.

He smiled evilly, “Perfect, the plan is coming together swimmingly.”

He grabbed a glass and poured a full glass of vodka straight and swallowed it in three gulps. After pouring another and drinking it down the same way he said, “Soon that faggot will be in jail and out of our lives and then we can get rid of that fag boyfriend of his and destroy his worthless father’s reputation. No one would want to buy investments from Michael Alexander when we’re done with him.”

Chuckling he poured two more glasses and filled them and handed one to Natalia. After downing half his drink he pulled out bags of cocaine and heroin much to the delight of his wife and said, “Let’s celebrate this momentous occasion.”

After getting high off the coke and heroin, they got even drunker and began an all night fuck session. After about three hours, Natalia produced a couple of ecstasy pills. When the pills took effect, they screwed like rabbits all over again. After what seemed like forever and orgasming multiple times, Natalia fell asleep and Jacob went to his study and began plotting his next move.

He called his son Jason, and after giving an update on Davis and hanging up, he called his police contact.

“They came looking for him, you get what I needed done?”

“Yea boss, I swapped the kits like you asked,” the man said sinisterly.

“Good, can you do me one more favor?”

“Yea boss, what do you want me to do?”

“I want you to arrest him. I don’t want those other cops to get to him and become sympathetic towards that faggot. You understand me?”

“Absolutely boss, I’m on my way to the hospital now. It seems he is in the hospital for alcohol poisoning,” the guy said chuckling, “that’s gonna help convict him. The jury is gonna think he was drinking himself to death out of guilt. Not to mention his credit card charges and cell records showed he was in Chicago when that bitch died.”

The man chuckled for a second, but became cold when he asked, “What about that boyfriend Brian or something. Want me to kill him?”

“Bryce… no I will take care of that faggot myself. Just take care of my worthless excuse of a son, you hear?”

“Yes boss, it will be done. Good bye sir.”

“Good bye Detective, keep me informed,” he said before hanging up.

After pouring another drink and downing it he chuckled into the empty glass and said aloud, “That little faggot just played into my hands just perfectly. Have fun in jail Davis.”

***


BEEP…BEEP…BEEP! 'Where the hell is that sound coming from?' Davis grumbled to himself. He woke up confused. Looking around at the sterile surroundings and the IV tube in his arm, he said loudly, “What the hell? Why am I in the hospital? What the hell happened to me?”

“You’re awake,” Bryce said, just waking up.

“Bryce? What’s going on? Why am I here? What day is it?”

“Shhh… it’s okay. You’re okay bro. You scared the hell out of me last Wednesday. How are you feeling?” Bryce said soothingly.

“I’m okay, a little dehydrated and my head is killing me. Is there any water? What day is it?

Bryce lets go of Davis’ hand and gave him some aspirin and water. When Davis swallows the pill, Bryce tells him that it’s Friday.

“Shit, I’m so screwed. What about school? Fuck man. What the hell happened?” he said as the heart monitor beeped louder and faster.

Bryce took his hand back and began stroking it, “It’s okay man, relax I got your assignments for you. I had to lie for you though. I told them your grandmother died,” he said with a smile, but It soon disappeared and asked more seriously, “Do you remember what happened last week?”

The events of the past week came rushing back. The heart monitor went off again and Davis began to cry. “Bryce, I am so sorry. I’m sorry for being an asshole towards you. You must be disgusted with me. I know I am.”

Bryce’s heart broke for the emotional state his best friend. Trying to calm him his grip on Davis' hand tightened and said emotionally, “Shhh…calm down bro. It’s gonna be alright. Why would I be disgusted in you? I love you. I mean it I am in love with you, Davis, I always have. I was worried sick, I looked all over Milwaukee for you. Where did you go, by the way? Why did get that drunk baby? You almost died,” Bryce said as the dam burst and tears began to flow freely.

“Oh Bryce I’m in love with you too. God I always have been. I was really jealous of your growing friendship with Xander. It really hurt when you began to ignore me and running off with him. The day of the big blow-up, I drove all the way to Chicago, got a man to buy me some tequila and vodka and got shitty drunk. I came home an emotional wreck and you weren't there, I fell to pieces and drank all the beer and whatever liquor I could find. I’m so sorry I put you through this baby. Can you forgive me?”

Bryce smiled, “First off all, fuck Xander,"

He launched into a diatribe about how worthless Xander was. When Davis calmed him down with a kiss, Bryce told him about the events that occurred after he disappeared then continued reassuring him, “And second of all, there’s nothing to apologize and nothing to forgive, I love you bro. I am just happy you’re safe. Um…”

“What?” Davis said quizzically.

“Can I kiss you again?” Bryce said blushing.

“Yes baby, you can kiss me. I love you so much Bryce,” Davis said beaming at his best friend.

After breaking the kiss that sent electric jolts straight to their cocks, the stared into each other’s eyes lovingly. Just then the door opened and James and Isaiah walked in.

“Well look who’s up? How are you feeling Davis?” James said smiling at the boys’ blushing faces.

“Good, I’m happy to be alive,” Davis said looking at Bryce. The look didn’t go unnoticed by either Isaiah or James. They both smile to themselves.

“That’s good,” Isaiah said chuckling, “I am glad you’re alive too. Let me just check to see if you’re good and ready to go home.”

Bryce and Davis smiled at this. After checking his vitals and the stitches, Dr. Hamilton straightened up and announced, “Alright let me get the paperwork for you to sign, and you’re on your way.”

After getting the paperwork signed and Davis got dressed, the boys kissed and turned to leave, when the door flung open and in walked two men.

Detective Dino Czorniak and Officer Colin Myers walked in. “Davis Caldwell?”

“Yes,” he said nervously.

Officer Meyers stepped forward and grabbed Davis and cuffed him.

“What the hell? What the fuck are you doing? Uncuff him,” Bryce screamed at the cop.

“I can’t, he’s under arrest,” Meyers said coldly.

“What? What the hell for?” Davis said just as icily.

“For the rape and murder of Melissa Abernathy.”

The boys were stunned.
James was absolutely furious about this accusation. "Davis wouldn't kill anyone. Let him go!"

Isaiah, who heard this chilling turn of events when he returned to the room, was numb. He didn't believe this farce for one second.

Bryce knew Davis. Davis couldn't kill anyone. Not even his vile father. Although he deserved it.

Davis was on the verge of tears. He couldn't believe he was a suspect in any kind of murder.

"No can do. His DNA is all over the poor girl," Dino said mockingly.

“Don’t say anything, Davis,” James said angrily.

He turned to his brother who was frozen with worry, “Bryce call Dad, tell him to get our lawyer now. Tell him what’s going on.”

Det. Czorniak, an impatient brute pushed Davis towards the door and said gruffly, “Come on, we’ll meet your lawyer at the station, scumbag,” and began shoving a stunned and terrified Davis out of the room, looking back at Bryce with tears welling up in his eyes.

Bryce, telling his father about the arrest, followed hopelessly and watched as the officers pushed his boyfriend into the waiting cop car.

'Something is seriously wrong. His father did this. I can feel it,' he thought with a sense of trepidation.

To Be Continued... I know...I know. Cliffhangers suck. In the next installment...we learn more of the murder conspiracy. Will Davis get away from the corrupt cops? Will he and Bryce get to strengthen their newly formed relationship? What happens when a someone from the boys past comes to save Davis?
2014 Reese Simms; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Shit! I can't believe Davis' family is setting him up! What horrible people to do that to your own flesh and blood!

 

I did have a question though: can't the cops who arrested Davis get in trouble? They didn't Miranda him; they didn't read him his rights. They're supposed to do that while they're handcuffing him. (At least they do on all the cop shows I used to watch. lol)

 

Ok, on to chapter four. :)

Link to comment
On 04/21/2014 11:54 AM, Lisa said:
Shit! I can't believe Davis' family is setting him up! What horrible people to do that to your own flesh and blood!

 

I did have a question though: can't the cops who arrested Davis get in trouble? They didn't Miranda him; they didn't read him his rights. They're supposed to do that while they're handcuffing him. (At least they do on all the cop shows I used to watch. lol)

 

Ok, on to chapter four. :)

chapter 4 provides an explanation
Link to comment

I agree with Lisa. No right were read or anything. You're story is moving along like a hurricane. I just remembered I hadn't reviewed, and I've read it all today :o:P

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..