Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 673 Words
  • 1,366 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Special Occasion Stories - 6. Mother's Day UK

“What are you two up to?” Ellie asked as watched her twins.

They had been acting shifty for days and she knew they were plotting something; she just couldn’t find out what. She hoped this wasn’t going to end up with her at the school again getting a lecture from the teacher. Last time Jamie had played a trick on the teacher and both had gotten into trouble as the teacher didn’t have a clue which one had done what.

“Nothing mom,” Casey innocently replied batting his eyelashes. She laughed and carried the washing basket outside, the warm summer sun hit her face. Ah, this is a wonderful day for curling up outside with a good book. But, alas housework and two kids come first.

The main door opened and closed echoing through the house.

“Hello,” Jackson’s booming voice rang out.

“In the garden,” she called back and soon the laundry was taken from her and Jackson had taken over hanging up for her.

“The boys should be doing this for you on Mother’s day.”

Ellie laughed. “I would only have to redo it anyway so it’s easier to do it myself in the first place.”

“Well I hate to bring up work on your day off but Mr. Graham is feeling under the weather and his wife is worried. They were wondering if you would be able to do a home visit for them. You know you’re the only healer they trust.”

“Fine, just let me change,” Ellie sighed.

****

“She’s gone,” Casey called out and Morgana came to the kitchen grinning.

“Right let’s get this done. She won’t be gone long. Where do we start?” Jamie bounced on his toes.

Morgana scanned the room. “Let’s start with the table…” She rolled her sleeves up and started snapping out orders to the twins.

****

Ellie arrived home and closed the door with a sigh. Mr. Graham had been fine. All he had was a touch of indigestion. But of course, she had to do a full examination and every magical test she could think of. His wife had insisted it could be something serious; a heart attack, stomach ulcer, cancer…The list went on…And on…

Then she realized. Silence. There was no noise coming from the house at all.

What were the twins up to now?

She sighed again and went to find out what trouble was waiting for her. So much for her relaxing day.

She heard giggling as she approached the dining room so she carefully pushed the door open.

And stopped in shock.

When she’d opened the door tiny lights had started to appear. They covered every available surface and some even floated in the air. The table was covered with a white cloth and more lights were in the center. Gleaming cutlery had been set with white plates. The kitchen door opened and Jamie and Casey entered both dressed in waiter uniforms, they looked adorable.

“Dinner will be served shortly, ma’am. Would you allow me to help you change?” She smiled at Casey’s formal tone.

“Thank you, sir,” she nodded.

A few muttered words and she was dressed in her favorite going out dress and heeled shoes. Jamie answered a knock on the dining room door and revealed Jackson dressed in one of his smart council suits.

“I was told there was a lady in need if a dinner companion.” He smiled with a florid bow.

Dinner passed with pleasant conversation and a great three-course meal—that tasted suspiciously like it came from her favorite diner that she frequented.

By the end of the meal, she couldn’t have been more pleased with the end to her day. But there was one question she had to ask.

“How did you do all this?” she asked Casey gesturing around the room and to the lights.

Both twins blushed and answered in unison, “Morgana may have helped a small bit.”

Ellie looked around at her family. Yes, this was a great Mother’s Day.

 

Happy Mother’s Day from the UK.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..