Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 705 Words
  • 2,215 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Special Occasion Stories - 11. Unison Island Christmas Special

Lizzie groaned at the hand shaking her shoulder. It couldn’t be time to get up yet. She hadn’t long gone to sleep.

“Lizzie, Lizzie, wake up. Come, on, you gotta get up and see this.”

Lizzie slapped the hands away. “Go away, Theo, I’m sleeping.”

“But, Lizzie. Santa’s here. I saw him. He’s downstairs with Da.”

Lizzie slapped Theo’s hands away again. “We talked about this. There is no such person as Santa. You're ten years old now. You’re old enough to know when your parents are using some mythical creature to blackmail you. Be good or Santa won’t bring you gifts for Christmas! That’s dumb.”

“But I saw him.”

Lizzie rolled her eyes. Theo’s pouting had been cute when he was five, but at ten it was getting into the realms of weird.

Theo continued before she could form a reply. “He was kissing Da. I went to get Pa, but he wasn’t in his room. You gotta get up.”

Lizzie stifled a chuckle. This was going to be so much fun. But first, she needed to send a message and get rid of Theo.

Grabbing her phone, she tapped out a text and hit send.

Pa, Da

I suggest you take yourselves to the bedroom before Theo learns more from ‘Santa’ than he should.

L

Honestly, you’d think her parents were newly mated the way they acted. They’d been mated twenty-five years, since she was conceived not long after their mating night. A fact her uncle Casey had had fun embarrassing her with since she was old enough to know what being mates meant.

Shuddering Lizzie pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind. She was only home for Christmas. By new year she’d be back in her own quiet house, where she wouldn’t have to worry about what she was going to walk in on at any moment.

“Lizzie.”

Right, Theo was still there. She cocked her head. Enough time should have passed for the coast to be clear. However, better safe than sorry.

“Okay, let me find a dressing gown, I can’t go wandering around in my nightclothes.”

Theo stood tapping his foot in impatience as she rose, went to her closet and found what she wanted.

Finally, they made their way downstairs and, of course, there was no one there. The milk the youngsters had left out was gone, and the cookies reduced to crumbs.

Lizzie also noticed the hastily rearranged cushions on the sofa and the lone sock peeking out from under the rug.

“See, no one here.” Lizzie waved her arms to encompass the whole room.

“It’s your fault,” Theo pouted. “You took too long to come down here.”

He gave another long sigh and stomped back up the stairs, slamming his bedroom door loud enough that Lizzie knew he would be getting a talking to in the morning.

Lizzie rubbed her hands together. Now Theo was dealt with she had something to do. Back in her room she pulled her laptop out and got to work.

***

Christmas Morning was noisy. Lizzie’s uncles, Vash, Casey, and Jackson had arrived in the shared living space between the families two homes early with their adopted pack children in tow. The large room was filled to capacity.

Wrapping paper covered most of the floor and the youngsters were arguing over who got the best gifts.

“This is for you and Pa.” Lizzie pulled out a flat wrapped gift and handed it over.

Pa grinned and ripped the paper away. His expression changed to a suspicious frown when he saw the cover of the CD he revealed. The picture was of Santa standing under some mistletoe.

Theo stopped any comment Da was going to make by jumping on his back.

“Cool, you got a CD. You gotta put it on.”

Theo grabbed the CD and over Da’s protesting slid it into their player.

Soon Christmas music filled the room from the surround sound speakers. Songs of love and peace, and Da smiled at Lizzie who kept her expression purposely innocent.

Then a familiar intro started and Da glared at her. The glare intensified when the words started.

“I saw Daddy kissing Santa Clause, Underneath the mistletoe last night.”

Merry Christmas Everyone
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 7
  • Haha 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Merry Christmas to you as well. I think it’s great that Lizzie was able to text her parents to let them know they were seen by her 10 year old brother who had woken her up because he had saw Da kissing Santa. The next morning the CD that had been given to Theo was put in the player and they heard I saw daddy kissing Santa last night. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Butcher56 said:

Merry Christmas to you as well. I think it’s great that Lizzie was able to text her parents to let them know they were seen by her 10 year old brother who had woken her up because he had saw Da kissing Santa. The next morning the CD that had been given to Theo was put in the player and they heard I saw daddy kissing Santa last night. 


Glad you enjoyed it :hug: 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

LOL, I'm glad to know they're still able to have fun after being mated for 25 years. And they should be grateful Lizzie saved them from exposure.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/25/2019 at 8:50 AM, Timothy M. said:

LOL, I'm glad to know they're still able to have fun after being mated for 25 years. And they should be grateful Lizzie saved them from exposure.

Thanks, Tim. I'm sure lizzie will pull in the favour when she needs to at some point. :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..