Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 528 Words
  • 318 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Albin - 4. Chapter 4

After an initial training of 10 weeks at Fort Knox, Lars returned home for a one-week leave. Before he returned to camp, he and Marie spent time making love, and when he left, they were hopeful Marie would soon be “with child”. Nine months later, Marie gave birth to a son. She wrote to Lars, telling him about his son. Lars wrote back asking her to name him after his grandfather, Albin. Marie named him Albin Lars Hansson. There was no denying who the boy’s father was, with blond hair and blue eyes, he was a miniature Lars.

Lars’s parents had photos taken and sent to Lars. Angelo and Giulia fell in love with the child. In fact, every one of Marie’s brothers doted on the child. When Marie returned to work, Lars’ mother babysat for her. The Sunday ritual at Marie’s family home continued and on occasion, Lars’ parents went with her to Angelo and Giulia's.

Lars came home for a short break before his squad was sent to Europe. Little did they know that this would be the last time Lars saw them. Six months later, Lars was killed in the war. The forecast from Grandmother came true. Italy was one of the Allies along with France, Russia, England, and the United States. These countries fought against the Central Powers of Germany, Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria, and the Ottoman Empire. Four years after the start of the war, it ended. Americans came home, all except Lars.

There was a saying, that bad news traveled in pairs. Lars’s father was recalled to Sweden. The War was devastating and many buildings needed repairs, renovations, or rebuilding. Marie’s babysitter, Lars’ mother, was going home.

When Albin was five years old, Marie moved back into the family home. Giulia doted on the child. They shared a common trait, both had blue eyes and blond hair. Angelo was just the opposite, dark skin, black eyes, and black hair. At one time Northern Italy was occupied by Germany and Austria. Those Italians with blue eyes and light-colored hair were reminders of those past occupations.

When Albin was 6 years old, he began attending kindergarten at the same school that Marie had attended twenty years before. Gene had married, and his oldest daughter took over caring for Albin on Sundays. Later she met a young man, married him, and moved away. By this time, Albin was in third grade. Gene had two sons followed by three girls. His family was growing and now when he was at Angelo’s home, there were plenty of children to occupy Albin’s time.

When Albin was 10 years old, Victoria and her son Teddy were regular visitors for Sunday ‘famiglia’ dinner. Gene would bring her and Teddy and take them home after dinner. There was always the question if Victoria came because it was to see her parents or the food she would take home. Angelo’s gardens produced more food than the family could use, so what wasn’t sold to the neighbors, the family took home.

When Teddy saw Albin, he remembered the naked photos and magazines he had been shown and began having disturbing thoughts.

~~~

Copyright © 2024 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 8
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

@CLJobe brings us another interesting chapter in the Merino family story.

Marie is obviously heartbroken 💔 over the death of her husband Lars during WW-I, and rather than live alone with their son Albin, she moves back into the family home. 

Unknown to her, she is placing little Albin at risk, from someone and something she can not imagine.

Knowing most of the family members (by name and relationship to reach other; grandparents, parents, siblings and cousins - 13 at last count), will some reappear in this story or do their lives carry on in a subsequent 'Book'?  The successful growth of Merino Construction under Gene? Merging with Larsson Int'l?

Paris Construction GIF by Hilti group

Hmm, food for thought?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm_qsyLgjl7Qd1RAONpoQ

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 10/23/2024 at 3:26 AM, chris191070 said:

A great chapter in the Merino family story.

Thanks, Chris

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...