Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Forgotten Archive - 1. Calling of The Void

You wait, you wait.
Dawn to dusk,
Oh the hate you bring with you.
It’s a musk and it fills my soul.

You lie dormant.
You fester and grow while doing so.
You’re a foreign entity.
Break me, break me, send me through trial.

You see blood, I see life.
You cut me with your knife.
You watch my colors run.
Suffering of lovers make you stronger.

No one sees you but me,
Would anyone miss me if I gave into you?
My friends don’t need me.
What’s stopping me from giving into your tainted kiss?

Knife in hand, cut, cut, cut.
Life coming to end, light going to dark.
Serenade it you say, let it happen, deeper, deeper.
You scream it! You preach it! DO IT! You wish me to fade.

Your light is shadow, my innocence is damned.
Though you exist only in my head, I start to feel your cold breath.
You act as the hand and wish to unsheathe me as a sword.
You make demands I wish not to do.

Which brings me back to my question.
Would they miss me if I died?
If the sun rose to create a shadow hanging from the ceiling, would they cry?
No they wouldn’t. They don’t even notice when I cried.

Broken and disgraced by all.
Dignity gone, soul corrupted.
Forever hunted.
Incased of a prison of my tears.

Copyright © 2014 crucifixcrusader; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow, that gave me chills.

 

It was a very powerful poem, crusader. So, so sad.

 

I was a little confused since this is the only chapter and the date on it said August.

Link to comment

Scarily dark poem my man, well constructed, just haunting. One small point last line I think that you want the line to read "Encased in a prison of my tears" this is a small point but there is a different meaning otherwise. Very well done.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..