Jump to content
    Dark
  • Author
  • 6,641 Words
  • 2,241 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dragonriders of Pern series was created by Ann McCaffrey in 1967 and spans 24+ books published by Ballantine Books, Atheneum Books, Bantam Books, and Del Rey Books.  Any recognizable content in this story is from Ann McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, Gigi McCaffrey or their representatives or inheritors.  <br> Original content provided by author of this FanFiction story without monetary compensation. <br>

The Seventh Wing - 10. Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Saminth is here!

J'day looked up from the straps of Gibbrenth's flying harness. Blue Saminth was a dragon from Fort Weyr. He and Gibbrenth had been friendly rivals again and again in mating flights. Saminth was a crafty dragon, younger and more maneuverable. His rider, V'kal, had an understanding with J'day's friend Roni. While not weyrmates, they were almost exclusive in their attentions to each other. Roni said she felt uncomfortable being in a relationship with a man almost a decade her junior and V'kal was a notorious flirt, professing himself unable to settle.

If they were at Igen ...! J'day tightened the straps back down and ran back inside the weyr for the pack he'd readied several days before. Trying for once to be organized and prepared, J'day had set aside a change of clothes and other items in case he had to rush out of the Weyr in a hurry. He was all the more glad for his foresight as T'rar's great bronze, Rothangalth, let J'day, through Gibbrenth, know that they were permitted to attend a mating flight at Fort Weyr.

J'day threw himself into the harness, urging Gibbrenth into the air. Saminth hadn't landed, hovering above the Star Stones instead. V'kal waved to J'day, and he heard, through their dragons, that Lioleth had been blooding a kill when they'd left.

Kelyrth's rider left strict instructions to inform you at once, J'day heard from V'kal through their dragons. There was no time for further conversation; both Gibbrenth and J'day were eager to get to Fort and they went between as soon as they'd cleared the Star Stones. They knew that V'kal and Saminth would be close behind.

J'day would not have described himself as a patient man. He knew, of course, that he'd spent the majority of his life waiting for something ... Waiting to be old enough to stand on the sands for a Hatching, waiting for his dragon to graduate training, waiting for the opportunity to rise in rank, waiting for the results to come back regarding his application, waiting those two sevendays to meet F'rian, waiting to take his place as Wingleader, waiting for the end of the Rider Exchange ... Despite having lots of practice, J'day was not a patient man. He hated simply standing around when there was a clear path of action to take.

His blood pounded in his ears as the cold penetrated through his hastily buttoned coat. He couldn't decide if he were more nervous or excited. Convincing T'rar had not been especially difficult. He'd been amused to learn that Fort's Weyrleader found F'rian useful and intrigued by the notion of getting the greenrider to teach what he knew, but he understood J'day's worries about the coming mating flight. That a dragonrider's health and fitness should come second to Weyr politics irritated Igen's Weyrleader.

"It is just a mating flight," he'd told J'day.

"No, sir," J'day had argued. "F'rian, he ... Sir, I just can't explain, but I need to be there. Weyrleader L'mora had been going to let him come home for it, until I told him I wouldn't help in his campaign. He's doing this because of me! I can't just let it happen! Sir! Isn't there anything ...?"

T'rar had held up his hand. "Peace, J'day. I shall go myself and speak to L'mora, Weyrleader to Weyrleader."

L'mora had refused to speak to him. T'rar had returned from Fort easily as angry as J'day himself. Messages started flying between the Weyrs, but a sevenday had gone by before N'valen, the Weyrleader of High Reaches Weyr, had been convinced to step in. He called a meeting between L'mora and T'rar, summoning them to High Reaches to discuss the situtation. J'day and D'cor were also included in the summons, as were Joreena and F'rian's Fort Wingleader, S'dra.

N'valen was a young man, perhaps only ten or so turns older than J'day. He seemed distinctly uncomfortable serving as mediator between two men so much his elder. They had all sat around the Weyrleader's meeting room, T'rar and L'mora glaring daggers at each other and the other four wondering why they were there.

"As this is a private meeting," N'valen had started, "I shall remind each and every one of you that what is discussed here is not to leave this room."

Heads had nodded around the table, some more accepting than others.

"We're here to bring the matter of a," N'valen's lip had twisted with distaste, "greenrider of Igen Weyr, currently on assignment at Fort Weyr as part of the Rider Exchange, to a satisfactory conclusion."

D'cor and S'dra had looked at each other, eyebrows raised.

N'valen had sighed. "Greenrider Joreena, what is your assessment of Wingrider F'rian's health?"

"Sir," she'd replied, "his physical condition is uncertain, but I have concerns regarding his ability to participate in his dragon's imminent mating flight."

"Explain."

"F'rian has a back injury," she'd answered, "but, as he has not yet seen a healer, I cannot speak to his fitness. As for the rest, he --" she'd paused to glance over at J'day. "F'rian needs his weyrmate for this coming flight."

"And your involvement with this rider is what, exactly?" N'valen had prompted, frowning slightly.

"I am a counselor, sir. I Impressed as an Apprentice Healer and have continued my studies in the craft, using what I've learned to the benefit of my Weyr. F'rian is one of my patients."

"What status would you hold if you were not a dragonrider?"

"I could test for my mastery, sir."

J'day had glanced at his mother. He hadn't realized that!

"Thank you," N'valen had continued. "Weyrleader L'mora, what is your claim on the greenrider?"

"He is a valuable member of my Weyr. This young man," he'd gone on with a sneer, "is the driving force behind Igen's sudden rise to the top of the standings during the Spring Games!"

"Just a minute!" D'cor had exclaimed, half-rising out of his seat.

"Don't deny it!" L'mora had snarled back. "It's why you sent him, is it not? Having a greenrider fly circles around my Weyr for your amusement!"

J'day had grabbed the edge of the table.

"The Exchange was for volunteers!" T'rar had all but spit. "This has nothing to do with color!"

"You've been hiding him for turns!"

N'valen had set his chin in his hand with a sigh and a roll of the eyes as both bronzeriders rose to shout at one another. S'dra had leaned over towards Joreena.

"What back injury?" J'day had heard him whisper.

She'd shrugged. "I don't know. You know he limps?"

"Yes, he told me it's due to his scars?"

J'day and D'cor had both leaned closer, taking an interest in the conversation.

"He's limping?" D'cor had asked, glancing at J'day.

J'day had spread his hands in a shrug. "I didn't know until I visited last sevenday."

"What's all this about?" S'dra had asked.

J'day had explained, "L'mora thinks he can better Fort's displays at the Games if F'rian becomes part of Fort, to teach."

"Oh," said S'dra and D'cor in unison. They had given one another appraising looks, then glanced back up the room. At the other end of the table, T'rar and L'mora continued to yell over N'valen's head. The High Reaches Weyrleader had his eyes closed, hands over his ears.

"That hardly seems worth all this," S'dra had said. He turned to Joreena again, eyebrow raised. She'd stared pointedly over at J'day.

He'd swallowed as the two wingleaders' attention focused on him. "Er, F'rian ... well, his difficulties over mating flights ...."

S'dra had looked more confused, but D'cor had nodded.

"He's in a delicate stage of healing," Joreena had added helpfully.

"You're his weyrmate?"

J'day had nodded.

"Did it never occur to you that F'rian might want to stay?"

"Of course!" J'day had snapped, affronted. "But he has a right to decide for himself, and not --"

"F'rian told me he didn't have a weyrmate," S'dra had interrupted.

"We, er, we had an argument," J'day had replied, flushing in embarassment. "But, we've talked. Whatever happens, we're both involved now. I just ... I need to be there, for the flight, that's all I'm asking."

S'dra's gaze had glided over to include D'cor. "It was my assessment," he said slowly, "that F'rian was courting us." He'd looked back up at his Weyrleader. "I think this has been a big misunderstanding."

D'cor had frowned. "What do you mean?"

J'day had answered, swallowing hard, remembering that F'rian had taken everything that was his. "He didn't have any intention of coming back."

S'dra had nodded, expression serious. D'cor's face had darkened in anger.

"Sir." J'day had jumped to his feet, raising his voice. "Weyrleader N'valen!"

There'd been a short pause as all three Weyrleaders stared down the length of the table, almost as if they'd forgotten anyone else was there.

"Sir, I think we're making this far more complicated than it needs to be. There's no reason we can't all get what we want."

"I'm listening," N'valen had said, as the other two opened their mouths again to continue their argument.

"It doesn't matter whose Weyr F'rian belongs to," continued J'day quickly. "He can still teach, but he has the right to decide where he wants to live. Shouldn't we just ask him?"

"He belongs to Igen!"

"He should be at Fort!"

"Gentlemen!" N'valen had said. "Wingleader J'day makes a good point. These classes that L'mora wants held would be beneficial to all dragonriders. All Weyrs should have the option of attending. While it does make the most sense to hold them in a large Weyr, like Fort, the actual location of the dragonrider is of little consequence."

"I'm afraid," S'dra had spoken up into the heavy silence, "that this may be a fault of my own. I understood F'rian to be looking to stay at Fort and so spoke to my Weyrleader on the matter. Obviously," he'd frowned, looking from J'day to Joreena, "I was not aware of all the facts."

T'rar had sat back down. "The pressing matter at hand," he said, "is the mating flight."

L'mora had scowled, but he'd sat as well. "I just don't think talent like that should be wasted on one Weyr, one wing."

"It's not wasted," growled D'cor, as T'rar had snarled, "Just because you're Fort, doesn't entitle you to the best of everything!"

"It's no different than anything else we do to win at the Games," N'valen had said evenly. "However, given how far beyond the rest of us Igen has been the last couple of turns, we should at least see if it's something that can be taught. Like it or not, Thread is due. We will all see the beginning of the Pass, barring any misfortune. If there is anything we can do to better prepare ourselves, then we must do so."

T'rar had scowled, but nodded. "Agreed."

"Agreed," L'mora had said, tugging on his moustache.

N'valen had sighed. "Fighting over a greenrider is ridiculous. Especially one who may or not be fit to fly, is that correct?"

Joreena had nodded. "Yes, sir."

"He's been flying perfectly --"

"That's beside the point," N'valen had interrupted. "We all know what riders will do to stay in the air."

Sheepish heads nodded.

"Now, about this mating flight." N'valen had gestured at Joreena. "If it's the conclusion of your healer, L'mora, that a rider ought to have his weyrmate available for a flight, then why should you wish to override her recommendation?"

"It's not a matter of," he'd stuttered. "Of course, I'd fully intended to --"

"Then it's settled. I want to speak to this greenrider myself, at the end of the exchange. For now," he'd looked over at S'dra, "he needs to have a complete assessment done, to ascertain his fitness. He stays at Fort, through the end of the exchange, but his weyrmate will be allowed to attend the flight. Agreed?"

"What if he is not in shape to fly?" D'cor had asked.

"The reasons for the Rider Exchange still stand," was the reply. "There is still opportunity for lessons learned here. F'rian will remain at Fort for the duration. However," and his tone sharpened, "he is still a dragonrider of Igen Weyr."

"If he wants to stay," L'mora had said.

"Then you and Weyrleader T'rar will agree upon a suitable, equitable trade."

"He took J'day without --"

"That was agreed upon beforehand," T'rar had snapped.

"All the Weyrs," N'valen had interrupted, "agreed to submit volunteers for that assignment. You were compensated, and that is neither here nor there. Wingrider F'rian will be allowed to choose, but the final decision will remain up to his Weyrleader, as is custom." He gave T'rar a pointed glance. "And a rider's choice is always considered when at all possible."

T'rar had nodded, mouth drawn down into a grim line. "Agreed."

L'mora had scowled, twisting his moustache. He harrumphed, "Fine. Agreed."

"Then shake on it. I really don't have time for this nonsense."

The meeting had essentially been over at that point, and N'valen had been quick to escort the other two Weyrleaders out. When J'day had looked back, he'd seen the Weyrleader muttering to himself. Lip-reading something about obnoxious fools, Gibbrenth had carried a laughing J'day between back home. He'd still been flushed with victory as much as relief when V'kal and Saminth burst into the sky above Igen Weyr.

Counting his heartbeats through the time between, J'day didn't feel the cold through his open riding jacket, helmet and gloves forgotten in his haste to climb back on his dragon. Queens blooded their kills for the extra energy expended in a flight. They would feast on the flesh if their riders allowed, but a dragon heavy with meat flew neither fast nor far and resulted in weak mating flights. In a queen, that meant a small, unsatisfactory clutch. Since greens were sterile, they didn't usually blood before a flight, as they didn't need the extra nourishment to sustain newly-fertilized eggs. J'day didn't want to think on why F'rian might be allowing his dragon to blood. It could be that the greenrider was trying to buy time, but that didn't seem likely, given F'rian's panicky behavior regarding flights; or possibly Lioleth was as unhealthy as her rider and needed the extra boost.

After what seemed like forever but was really only a few seconds, Gibbrenth reappeared above Fort Weyr, diving towards the bowl in a rush. J'day clung to the harness, trusting his dragon not to smear them into the grass, and unable to see anything through the windy tears of their passage. The bronze snapped out his wings at the very last moment, jarring J'day, but he lost no time in sliding from Gibbrenth's back, fingers moving hurriedly over the harness. Leaving the pieces to lay where they fell, J'day slung his small bag over his shoulder and bolted across the weyr bowl towards his mother's weyr.

Already, Lioleth and her suitors were in the air, Gibbrenth's frustration as tangible to J'day as a push in the back. The impression of wings and flight caused J'day to stumble as he and his bronze struggled against their bond. J'day was both pounding his wings as hard as he could as Gibbrenth to catch up with the other dragons, and pumping his legs in a mad dash for the ledge where the other riders gathered. He could hear Lioleth's taunts, see her diving and rolling with seemingly effortless grace just ahead, and both pushed his way through arms and legs and wended his way around wings and tails in pursuit.

Joreena's hand-picked riders formed a tight barrier around the entrance to the weyr, keeping the crowd away. J'day dropped to his hands and knees and pushed his way in-between a pair of legs. Hands grabbed for him, but missed, and then he was through. Roni stood at F'rian's side, hands on his arm, standing on tip-toe to speak to him in a low voice. His other hand on the wall, F'rian was slowly dragging her inside, striving to stay away from the other riders, his eyes darting from side to side, but clearly not seeing any of them, caught up as he was with his dragon in her ardor.

Above them and now far away, Lioleth slipped, rumbling in draconic laughter, between two dragons, spinning away down and then back up. J'day dodged grasping hands and moved to F'rian's side, still breathing hard from his run, and sweating beneath his heavy jacket. Gibbrenth swept along above the flock of dragons. His cunning eyes watched his prey eagerly, gauging her movements and readying himself. The bronze was a veteran of many flights. There was little he had not seen or experienced. Had the green relied only upon her greater speed, she would have left them all behind quickly; but Lioleth toyed with them, coiling her bulk around in snap-twists and feints that left even the smaller, more maneuverable dragons turning about in mid-air, claws grasping at nothing.

Gibbrenth bided his time, knowing that the green would tire eventually. Speed and grand displays would not catch this female; cunning would win out in the end. He waited and watched, and seized his moment.

J'day followed F'rian as the greenrider backed into the weyr. As their dragons dropped out of the flight, the crowd around them thinned and only about a half-dozen followed on J'day's heels. The bronzerider saw the minute F'rian started to panic. He shoved Roni away, hands up in front of himself, half-stumbling in his haste to run. He tripped over the small step through the doorway into the main room of the weyr. J'day blocked the doorway, holding firm as dragons milled about in confusion, Lioleth slipped away again, and her rider scuttled away from them across the stone floor. He reached a wall and pushed himself up, looking from side to side and finally sliding in the direction of the inner door that led into Fort Weyr's Lower Caverns.

"F'rian," called J'day softly, going to him and standing just out of reach, hands out. He felt Gibbrenth's triumph in his head, barely stopping himself from claiming his greenrider as the bronze grabbed his elusive mate.

F'rian shouted, hands fending off an invisible attacker, pressing further against the wall as if he meant to melt into the very stone. Lust filled J'day with heat, his dragon's desires fighting to cloud his mind and drown out all else. Hands shaking, body trembling with the effort to stay sane, J'day reached out for F'rian, calling his name again.

Wide, terror-filled eyes tracked to J'day's face, but there was no recognition. He bit back crushing disappointment, reminding himself again why he was there. That F'rian had managed to hold together this long was a minor miracle in itself. He'd known all along that the likelihood of hurting his weyrmate was very high, but he would fight every step of the way to not force himself on F'rian. They would have to do something about their dragon-lusty erections, but J'day would not be the one to drag his mate kicking and screaming to the sleeping couch. He would wait, no matter how painful or awkward that turned out to be.

"Rian!" he called again, sweat pouring down the sides of his face. "Rian, it's J'day. You can trust me, Rian, you're safe, it's alright. Take my hand, F'rian. Trust me ... trust me."

F'rian peered out at him from behind his hands. "J'day?"

"That's right, Rian. I'm here. Take my hand now, everything's going to be fine. Just fine."

They both groaned as their dragons' lust spiked suddenly. J'day dropped one hand to his crotch, shuddering and panting. Staying separate was becoming more difficult, and uncomfortable. He wiped his brow, squinting up at F'rian, huddled against the wall.

"Wha -- What's happening?" gasped F'rian.

"Have you never ...?" J'day started to ask, but stopped himself. Of course not! He shook his head and straightened up. "This is dragon-lust, F'rian," he explained quietly. "It's not so bad, is it?"

The greenrider sagged against the wall, trembling. He moaned a little, eyes falling half-closed. Taking a couple steps closer, J'day dared to slide up against his weyrmate, thigh between his legs and hands ghosting over his chest, up to his face, and drawing him down for a kiss. F'rian hummed between them, losing himself in sensation, pulled once more into the bond between rider and dragon.

Bronze and green spiralled up into the clouds together as one. J'day nudged F'rian's feet apart, teasing his body with his hands, coaxing his mouth open and caressing everything he could reach while grinding up against him. Not for the first time did J'day wish he were just a little taller, but that suddenly ceased to matter as F'rian reached for his shoulders, then his face, and began kissing him back. J'day's palms pressed into the greenrider's back as he arched forward off the wall, the dragon-lust between and within them swelling to its climax.

Release, physically and mentally, left both riders clinging to each other for support. Exhaustion pulled at J'day, but before they could collapse, he had to first maneuver both himself and F'rian into the waiting sleeping alcove. The greenrider was practically asleep where he stood, which at least meant he wasn't arguing or fighting, but he could also hardly walk. J'day knew he wasn't much better off, but he stayed focused on his goal, stumbling along with F'rian until they could both tumble onto the sleeping couch.

Gibbrenth's contented mental purring lulled J'day into sleep. He startled awake sometime later from a strange dream where he was being buffeted by feathers. He blinked up at F'rian, the greenrider propped on an elbow staring down at him. He let his hand flop to his side, blushing.

J'day rubbed his face, feeling Gibbrenth's sleepy presence in the back of his mind. "Is something wrong?"

F'rian shook his head quickly. "No. Um, I -- that's -- I'm going to go clean up."

"Okay," yawned J'day. "Give me a minute, and I'll come, too."

Shivering as the greenrider's warmth left his side, J'day rolled over with a groan. His skin felt really sensitive, the hairs standing up along his arms, his body shivering with arousal. He pinched himself to make sure he wasn't still dreaming of feathery caress ... es ....

Flopping back onto his back, J'day realized that F'rian still sat there, watching him, with a strange expression on his face. It was a struggle to keep his voice neutral.

"Our dragons aren't back yet," said J'day. "What would you like to do with our time?"

F'rian inhaled quickly, and didn't immediately exhale. His whole body tensed for a moment and he stared at J'day, with that strange, J'day might even have called rapturous, expression. He felt his cock twitch in response. The tip of F'rian's tongue showed for a second as he wet his lips, eyes darting away and then back to J'day's face.

"Uh ..." he started to say. "I ... I want -- I -- you -- " He made a few more incoherent noises, his fingers tightening in the furs.

"I'm not expected back at Igen until the morning," said J'day. That time he was certain of the blush and he smiled a small, teasing grin. Slowly, watching F'rian watch him, J'day reached up to run his fingers over his weyrmate's cheek. "Kiss me, F'rian? Like before?"

"But I don't ... I -- "

"Shh." He covered F'rian's mouth with a couple fingers. "Just kiss me."

Sliding his hand around through the tangle of curls to the back of his neck, J'day guided F'rian down to him. He kept his grip loose, so that the greenrider could pull away if he got nervous, but he didn't resist. He braced himself on arms spread wide around J'day's shoulders, crouching on his knees at the bronzerider's side, and pressed their lips tentatively together. J'day didn't push, letting F'rian find his ease, and contented himself with rubbing his fingers in the greenrider's hair. The curls were long enough now to brush the top of F'rian's shoulders and cover his ears when they flopped loose, or down into his face. His clothes were different, too. Still plain, they were new, of good quality, and fit F'rian as if they'd been tailor-made for him.

"Roni took him under her wing," he remembered his mother saying, and J'day smiled to himself. Trust the woman to convince F'rian to dress appropriately without offending him. She was most likely also behind the hairstyle. The riders at Igen were in for a surprise when F'rian returned ... if he returned.

His fingers tightened reflexively; J'day loosened his grip as F'rian grunted softly against his lips. J'day closed his eyes and opened his mouth a little, sucking gently against his weyrmate's mouth. They breathed together for a breath or two and then F'rian's arm was sliding down and around J'day's neck, the kisses suddenly gaining a passion J'day had rather thought he'd imagined or exaggerated. He had both hands entangled in black curls, weight partly supported in F'rian's arms, drinking in the taste and feel of unexpected confidence. He rubbed his tongue up against the other that laid claim to his mouth, his body twisting and shivering involuntarily as the coals in his belly flared up again in arousal.

"Mmrgh!" he gasped around their joined lips, breathing in through his nose. "Rian, nngh!" His groan was heartfelt and disappointed as his supporting arms laid J'day back down in the furs. Cracking open his eyes, he pouted.

"M-may I, uh ..." F'rian's fingers plucked at J'day's shirt. He almost ripped the fabric in his haste to get it off.

"Yes!" gasped J'day. "Shards, F'rian, do what you want, touch me, anything! Please!"

J'day fought to keep his eyes open as F'rian explored his torso with his gentle, light touches. The bronzerider arched against his fingers, fists clenching furs to keep from pulling F'rian down on top of him. Watching his weyrmate drink him in with such a mixed expression of awe and wonder was the most heady, most erotic experience J'day thought he'd ever endured ... and he was enduring, every inch of his skin on fire, his head wanting to float away, his cock so hard it was painful. Again. And without dragon-lust searing his veins. A brush against a nipple felt like a hot, hard pinch and he cried out, throwing his head back, panting.

"Shells, F'rian!"

The contact vanished. "I -- I'm sorry."

"No!" J'day grabbed a retreating wrist. "F-for all the love of dragons," gasped J'day. "F'rian, I love you, and you are making me so crazy for wanting you, don't stop! Shards! Don't stop. Please, don't stop."

F'rian let his hand be pressed once more to J'day's chest. "I ... I don't know ... what to do," he murmured, not-qute meeting his weyrmate's lust-clouded gaze.

"Wh-what do you want to do?"

He tried to draw away again, but J'day wouldn't release him. "I -- I, uh, I want --" His eyes slid along J'day's body and the bronzerider groaned in desire.

"Oh, yes, shards, Rian, take it, anything you want, anything!"

"But ...!"

J'day groaned, his mind moving so sluggishly he could hardly think beyond want and desire. "Clothes," he managed. "Too many clothes."

Struggling out of trousers and boots was a trial of staggering proportions, but between F'rian's tentative tugs and J'day's uncoordinated yanks, they both managed to undress, lying back down together. The dried residue of their previous exertions itched abominably, but J'day could ignore it for the hot body beside him and the now urgent demands of the present. He pressed F'rian down on his back against the pillows and sank between his legs. He didn't give the startled man a chance to object, engulfing his semi-hard member in his mouth.

F'rian bucked, crying out, one hand grabbing J'day's hair. Holding his hips secure, J'day sucked him down without preliminaries, coating the throbbing member thoroughly with saliva. When he sat back up, they could only stare at each other for a moment. F'rian looked so seductively confused and thunderstruck, so unknowingly sensual, that J'day almost reached for him. He already knelt between the greenrider's legs, hands resting lightly on his thighs, it would be easy, too easy to just take what he wanted ....

"J'day ...."

He blinked, staring. F'rian held out his hand and they laced their fingers together, arms outstretched.

"J'day ..." F'rian tossed his head, frowning slightly. "You ... I want -- w-want you."

The rosy, aroused flush on the greenrider's cheeks darkened. J'day caught his breath.

"I -- I don't -- I ... J'day?"

"Just -- just a minute."

In a flash, J'day was off the bed and out of the sleeping alcove, searching for the pack he'd dropped earlier. He found it, not by the wall where he'd thought it would be, but on the table, next to a covered dish, a wineskin, and a set of carefully-folded trousers and shirt. Ripping into the bag, J'day pulled out the containers of oils and creams he'd brought for F'rian's back. He grabbed the one he wanted and left the rest, scrambling back to his weyrmate's side. The greenrider had sat up, looking uncertain. He cursed himself for breaking the mood, but J'day knew that this would, in all likelihood, be awkward and uncomfortable and he had promised himself, if he'd gotten the opportunity, to do all that he could to make this first experience as gentle and pleasurable as possible.

"I want to be careful," J'day explained, kneeling at his side to give F'rian a reassuring kiss. He did not look convinced. "Trust me?" asked J'day, staring deep into those green depths.

F'rian swallowed, hard, and nodded. J'day slicked back sweat-dampened, black curls and kissed him again. Grabbing a cushion, J'day slid the pillow under F'rian's hips and pushed his legs until they bent, heels against the bedfurs. The greenrider's erection softened and he trembled. J'day took his hand again and squeezed gently. He popped out the cork lid and spread some of the oil on the back of F'rian's hand.

"Only the best for my beautiful weyrmate," he murmured, looking in his eyes.

"Wh-what is that?"

"It's oil, for the skin, to make it smooth and soft, and smells good. See?"

The fright lessened slightly as F'rian frowned, mind focusing on the puzzle. J'day smiled. He turned over the captured hand and kissed the palm. He licked the pulse-point over the wrist.

"Remember this?" he murmured. The sudden, embarassed flush answered that question. He coated his fingers a second time. "It also helps with this." He drew his fingers along the underside of his weyrmate's cock. F'rian gasped, fingers twitching in J'day's hand.

"This is what I'm going to do," J'day continued, calmly, lightly cupping the member as it started to stiffen again. "I'm going to coat myself, like this." He gripped and stroked. "All over, base to tip." He demonstrated. F'rian's grip on his other wrist tightened. J'day released F'rian's cock and coated his fingers again.

"And then I'm going to slide in, right here." He traced the outline of his weyrmate's hole. F'rian moaned, body shivering. "Just like with my tongue, only it'll be so much better, you'll see how it's meant to be." J'day kissed the available knee, rubbing his cheek along the skin as he watched his weyrmate.

"You're so beautiful, Rian." As he talked, he caressed lightly over the skin, pressing in a little, but F'rian was still too tense. "So strong and beautiful, and deceptive, like the ocean. You're like that, you know, with your dragon-eyes and so much more beneath the surface than you ever let on. You amaze me."

"I -- h-mngh!"

J'day pushed one finger inside. The friction was incredible, the skin rough, and J'day paused, taking his time to prepare, to spread oil everywhere, withdrawing to take more and then pressing in again, a little further this time.

"Breathe out," he told F'rian gently, "and relax as I push in. That's the best way."

"I don't -- I don't know, I -- J'day ...."

A little further, wiggling more against the sides to loosen the muscles. "Do you want to stop?" he asked.

"N-no! I ... I just ... I'm ... I'm scared, J'day!"

The bronzerider blinked away tears. F'rian gazed at him so earnestly and openly he looked much younger. J'day kissed his knee and nuzzled. "I know," he replied sadly. "It's okay. Just trust me, a-and try to relax."

F'rian laced their fingers together, their hands resting on his stomach, F'rian's cock rubbing against J'day's arm. J'day chose to ignore the awkwardness, in favor of giving what comfort he could to his weyrmate. He was nervous himself, but determined. He had four months to prepare F'rian for all that a mating flight could be, and he was going to start right now.

"You're perfect," he said. "Everything I ever thought I wanted, and so much more, and you're all mine. I must be the luckiest man on Pern. How could no one see how perfect you are?" Two fingers now, sliding around the sides, stretching in a langorous caress, pressing in a little deeper.

"Bu-h-ah! Ah!"

J'day stroked that spot again. "You know what this is? I'll bet no one ever showed you. This is ... special. Can you see the sparks, the color behind your eyes? Does it make you all weak and trembly and invigorated, all at once? So many secrets you've missed out on, and I get to show you." He stroked again, drawing his fingers partly out and then pushing in again. He could move easier now, opening and closing his fingers in a slow rythym. The shivers he felt now along F'rian's muscles were good ones and sweat slid between their clasped hands.

J'day's erection was throbbing again and he shifted uncomfortably, wiping his brow with a shoulder. "So hot, so tight," he groaned. He added the third and final finger, with a final coating of oil. He could go in almost to his knuckles.

F'rian pressed against him, head arched back against the bedfurs. His fingers had tightened painfully around J'day's hand. The greenrider moaned with each partial thrust, rocking a little with his own impatience.

"Rian?" said J'day softly. "You have to let go of my hand now. Grab my arm, if you want, but I need my hand, okay?"

"J'day?"

"Mm-hm?"

"This is ... different, isn't it?"

"I imagine so," he sighed. He adjusted his grip, applied oil to himself and set the small pot safely aside. "Are you ready?"

"N-no." Taking a deep breath, F'rian lifted his hands to cup his weyrmate's face. J'day leaned forward to make that easier. They looked at each other for a moment, and then F'rian let go.

"Would it be easier, if --"

"No. No, just ... sh-shards, J'day, just do it! If I think about this too much, I'm g-going -- going -- I --"

"Shh, okay, Rian, just concentrate on what you were feeling before. Keep breathing, I'm right here, just relax. Everything's going to be just fine, okay? I want you to think about me, and only me. Look at me, Rian. I need to see your eyes."

Taking himself in hand, J'day leaned forward on one hand and guided himself towards that slick entrance. He wanted this so bad, but ....

"J'day ...."

He looked up, into F'rian's pleading eyes.

"J'day, just do it." His hand tightened on the bronzerider's forearm, his other fisting the bedfurs. He shivered, but he stared at J'day resolutely. "J'day, please."

Not giving himself time to debate further, J'day pushed in. He slid easily the first inch or so, even with F'rian clenching around him. There he paused, breathing hard, in both anticipation and anxiety. He shifted his hands to his weyrmate's hips, wanting and yet not wanting to continue. The only sound out of F'rian was a mangled, high-pitched noise that somehow squeaked past a locked jaw. He stared at J'day intently, slow tears trickling out of the corners of his eyes. His nostrils flared as he breathed.

J'day chewed his lip and gave F'rian's bony hips a squeeze. Then he pushed slowly forward, little by little, slowly but consistently moving. Even with the stretching, it was still a tight fit and he thought he could feel the difference when he moved past the worst of the scarring. F'rian clutched at his arms, mouth still tightly shut though a few whimpers managed to escape. His eyes, however, dark as they were, demanded J'day continue.

When he popped through the second ring of muscle and was fully seated, J'day cried out with pleasure. He'd been holding back, but he'd always been a very vocal lover and he forgot himself for a moment, fully encased in constricting heat between the legs of the man he loved. A bead of sweat trickled down his spine as he looked up. F'rian stared back at him, his strained expression softened a little.

"I," sniffled J'day. "I love you, Rian."

The greenrider jerked his chin in an approximation of a nod. His hands trembled against J'day's arms, his whole body shaking.

Rocking back, just a little, J'day withdrew slightly, then slowly pushed back in. Then again, and again, and again, each time a bit more. He glanced down once, to watch himself sliding in and out of his weyrmate, but the view was too erotic; he was too close to losing control. F'rian had to come first, that became his mantra, repeated in his head with every gentle thrust.

Hands slid up J'day's arms to his shoulders, holding on tight, crying out, and those were good sounds. Daring a glance down, J'day's heart leapt as he saw F'rian's cock standing back up. He concentrated a little harder in finding that sweet spot, feeling his weyrmate arch and tense around him when he slid over it.

They moved together more easily, and a little faster. The world narrowed to encompase only that moment, skin on skin, hearts beating, lungs heaving in unison, whispered assurances and gasps of pleasure. There was so much heat J'day burned with it, his sweat cold against his skin. Pressure built up and up and up with dizzying, frantic need. Just as J'day thought that he simply could not hold out another minute, he felt F'rian stiffen, his internal muscles clenching so tightly that J'day was held fast. The sensations were too intense to overcome and he jerked forward and back a time or two as he came, an orgasm so powerful it felt ripped from his very core. He gasped, coming back to his senses, having forgotten to breathe. Beneath him F'rian had gone completely limp and J'day's arms decided they were too weak to hold him up any longer. He fell, feeling sticky warmth between their bodies, his exhausted mind registering that F'rian had somehow found his own release. They gasped for breath together, and this time it was J'day who started trembling. He held tight to his weyrmate, sobbing, and he couldn't have said why.

F'rian pulled on the bronzerider, bringing him up his chest as he rolled them over onto their sides. He nestled J'day into the curve of his body and pulled at the furs to cover them. Wrapping his arms around J'day, he kissed his forehead and snuggled him close. They didn't speak and the last thing J'day recalled was the sound of his name on the lips of his beloved, the beat of his heart under his ear, and the powerful grip of his arms, keeping him safe from the world.

~ TBC ~
©1967-2022 Ann McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, Gigi McCaffrey; All Rights Reserved; Dark 2008. The World of Pern© is copyright to Anne McCaffrey 1967. The Dragonriders of Pern® is a registered trademark.
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dragonriders of Pern series was created by Ann McCaffrey in 1967 and spans 24+ books published by Ballantine Books, Atheneum Books, Bantam Books, and Del Rey Books.  Any recognizable content in this story is from Ann McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, Gigi McCaffrey or their representatives or inheritors.  <br> Original content provided by author of this FanFiction story without monetary compensation. <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Coming together like that were it is not just physical but spiritual, emotional, mental can be an experience that you never forget.  It can tie you to someone for the rest of your life.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..