Jump to content
    DavidAB
  • Author
  • 937 Words
  • 748 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Stories - 1. It's just too big!

Prompt 370: turkey, gift, flowers, blue sweater, pen.

It was late in the afternoon and I had just come home from trying to catch wild turkey. I was kind of in a bad mood, because I almost had one, but then that son of a bitch ran into a corn field and not only did driving through it at full speed mess up the paintjob of the pretty new looking rental car, but there was also a ditch on the other side and I crashed right into it. The car was stuck, so I left it behind and then I had to walk for three hours before I got back on the main road, where I could finally hitch a ride.

I took off my jacket and opened the kitchen door. The first thing I noticed was the "gift" my cat Snoob Dog had left for me in the middle of the dinner table. It reeked so badly it made me gag. I quickly cleaned up the mess and opened the door and all the windows to air out the horrible smell. Suddenly my cat bolted past me and I saw him heading straight for the backyard, so I hurried after him, but it was already too late. He was standing in front of the lovely red flowers I had just planted the day before and started to rip them to shreds.

"Snoob Dog! What the fuck?!" I said, but he just hissed at me and then continued to destroy my once beautiful garden.

I went back inside and decided to relax on the couch for a while. But when I walked into the living room it looked like several balls of wool had exploded in there and then I realized that it were the remains of my beloved blue sweater. I picked up all the threads and put them on a pile next to the table.

Just when I had made myself comfortable on the couch my gorgeous boyfriend, Jason, came through the door.

"Hi," I said, smiling.

"Hi," he responded and gave me a kiss on the mouth. He didn't sit down though, instead he crossed his arms and frowned at me.

"Please don't tell me you wrecked another car Eric," he said.

"It wasn't my fault this time, I swear. That fucking turkey was unnaturally smart, like it had escaped from some kind of lab where they breed super-turkeys or something."

"Do you think you'll at least be able to find the car again, for once?"

"No?" I answered, laughing, and he had to grin too.

"Can't you just please let this go already?"

"No, you said eating a fresh wild turkey was at the top of your bucket list, because it might remind you of Thanksgiving when you were little and your parents were still alive, so I don't care what it takes, I will fucking catch one for you."

"But running one over with a car obviously doesn't work, so why do you keep trying it that way?"

"You know how I feel about guns, so that doesn't leave me with a lot of options. And it will work, I just need a faster car next time."

"I found a farm, a few miles from here, and they have free-roaming turkeys, which is almost the same thing as wild ones. You can even catch them yourself if you want. Do you have a pen? I'll write down the address for you. What do you say?"

"No, that's like cheating. I wanna do this for you the right way."

That's when he noticed the pile of wool next to the table.

"Was that the blue sweater I gave you for Christmas last year?" he asked, frowning.

"Yeah, I guess I forgot to put it away, but it's no big deal."

"No big deal? I thought you loved that sweater."

"Yeah, I do... I mean, I did. But apparently Snoob Dog really fucking hated it, so, whatcha gonna do, right?"

He sighed.

"Tell me again why you insist on calling him Snoob Dog," he said.

"Cause he's cool... He's a cool cat," I answered, giggling, "See what I did there?"

He grinned and shook his head.

"You know, if you really want to do something for me, you could finally get rid of that horrible creature. I mean, all he ever does is destroying things and you can't even go near him, because he'll lose it and scratch the heck out of you," he said.

"No, I'm sorry, he stays. He's been through so much, he deserves a break and to be loved by someone. And he's just acting out, he'll learn that we're not evil and that he's safe here eventually, and then he'll be sweetest cat you'll ever meet, trust me."

He sighed again.

"Your heart is just too big... And I don't mean that in a good way. More like in a 'your tumor is too big to operate' kind of way."

"Stop complaining and come here, I need to start kissing you, so I'll meet my daily quota," I said, pulled him down onto my lap and gave him a tender kiss on the mouth. "That's 2. 9998 to go."

He laughed and then I kissed him again, longer this time. When we parted we smiled at each other.

Suddenly Snoob Dog walked in, dropped something on the new carpet and hissed.

"Eww, is that a rat?... Oh my god, I think it just moved!" Jason said, alarmed.

"See how sweet he is? He brought us dinner... Thank you so much Snoob Dog, we really appreciate it."

Jason glared at me and then we both burst out laughing.

.
Copyright © 2014 DavidAB; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

I wondered why he was in a car if he was hunting turkey...what a, um...unique way of hunting! lol It will already be tenderized! Snoob Dog was just showing his appreciation to the MC when he brought him the rat. :P He sounds like a very kind-hearted person (well, not to turkeys...lol). Nice first prompt :)

Link to comment
On 11/18/2014 01:23 AM, Valkyrie said:
I wondered why he was in a car if he was hunting turkey...what a, um...unique way of hunting! lol It will already be tenderized! Snoob Dog was just showing his appreciation to the MC when he brought him the rat. :P He sounds like a very kind-hearted person (well, not to turkeys...lol). Nice first prompt :)
Thank you :-)

 

Well, trying to run over a turkey with a car was the only way I could think of for him to kill one, because he hates guns, which, as he says in the story, doesn't leave a lot of options. He can't even set traps, because he's afraid an "innocent" animal might get hurt or even killed that way and he loves all animals too much to risk that, even turkeys, but in that case he just loves his boyfriend more ;-)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

OMG, of all your characters, this one is the craziest yet. I believe it's supposed to be quite difficult to hunt wild turkey, so he may lose quite a few cars :P

Link to comment
On 11/18/2014 04:40 AM, Irritable1 said:
OMG, of all your characters, this one is the craziest yet. I believe it's supposed to be quite difficult to hunt wild turkey, so he may lose quite a few cars :P
No, he's just an unflinching optimist ;-)

 

And think about it, even if it's improbable that he manages to catch a turkey with a car, he still has a blast trying, and money isn't an issue for him, so why wouldn't he? ;-)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I loved it. So hilarious!

All the little disasters were described wonderfully, and I loved hit reaction to them.

Link to comment

I am beginning to wonder if you fill your universe with crazy individuals? He hunts with a car? The cat is named Snoob Dog? His boyfriend accepts this insanity? :lol: That was something off the beaten path but I enjoyed it.

Link to comment
On 11/19/2014 11:08 AM, DynoReads said:
I loved it. So hilarious!

All the little disasters were described wonderfully, and I loved hit reaction to them.

Thank you :-)

 

I had a lot of fun writing it, so much in fact that I just wrote another chapter. I'll publish it tomorrow ;-)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 11/19/2014 12:58 PM, comicfan said:
I am beginning to wonder if you fill your universe with crazy individuals? He hunts with a car? The cat is named Snoob Dog? His boyfriend accepts this insanity? :lol: That was something off the beaten path but I enjoyed it.
I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the prompt that made me come up with this story :-)

 

"Crazy" characters are just more fun to write and I guess they can be more interesting too, as long as they're not so over the top that they feel fake. Which I hope mine don't ;-)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..