Jump to content
    Deathboi69
  • Author
  • 1,426 Words
  • 1,557 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rays of the moon - 4. Chapter 4 I cant be?? really I am??

Well I'm back :)

(Author’s notes - From this chapter on I plan to write in the third person, as if looking in on the pack. Sorry for any confusion this may cause. DeathBoi69)

 

Tanner woke up to his father shaking his shoulders “son we are stopping at a motel tonight I hope you don’t mind”

“That’s ok dad. I understand you must have been up at the crack of dawn like normal on the farm”

Richard just smiles and nods, as he pulls into the motel parking lot which is one they have been going to for years if sleep was needed on the drive back home. Tanner always used to smile about stopping at the place, but now he just stared out the window with no glimmer of recognition. All those memories of good times washed away. Richard could not help feeling a little ting of pain.

“Ok pup just stay in the car. I will get us a room.” Richard says as he slams the car door and takes off towards the check in desk. There’s something about this place that makes Tanner’s heart ache. It’s that feeling you get when you meet back up with a long lost friend, but he can’t make anything out of it. Must be one of those long lost memories he thinks. The jostling of the car as his dad returned, to take them to their room, stirs Tanner from his thoughts. “Dad I feel like I have been here but I can’t remember“ Tanner says to his father. Richard just nods his head not knowing what to say while he silently beats himself for everything that has happened.

When they got into the room you could tell the motel took good care of cleaning and keeping things up to speck if not because of the clean crisp smell of the sheets or the cleaning product fumes that were assaulting their noses on entering. It also was shown in how the bed was made with starched sheets and the walls being repainted to keep there off white color ,the rug looked just vacuumed and of course the bathroom and sink’s were shiny and clean. But all Tanner could think about was sleep, as he pulled his clothes off till he was in his boxers and laid down, leaving Richard to his own thoughts. How will he explain to Tanner he and his father were both werewolves, and how he blamed himself for his son’s memory loss. All this negativity ran through Richard’s head as he crashes himself and lay next to his son.

Richard wakes up to find Tanner sleeping soundly on his chest with his arms wrapped around his waist reminding him of a time when his boy was so much younger. He use to always love snuggling and taking naps with his father but that’s all in the past. His son has grown into a handsome man who has found his way into this world, only to end up in troubling waters of who he is. If life could have been fair Richard and his wife would still be together and there would be no such thing as werewolves let alone them being one. Richard could see the storm clouds that would fill his son’s happy life with a dark path that he will have to follow. That path would be treacherous, not only for the fact of finding out what he is but, because of whom he could be in love with. Richard could smell that other wolf all over his boy he never put two and two together till this morning. His boy use to always talk about a kid he was dating by the name of Chance who he now believed to be the son of one of the rivaling packs in this area. He knew the name, he just never faced the facts because he had no proof till he leaned down and kissed his son’s head which filled his nose with the scent of a young wolf. Richard felt disgusted at himself for what he had to do and how it would affect the way his son’s life went. No alpha should date out of its pack unless it’s with a human! At least with a human you have the prospects to turn them which was painful and deadly. Not many of the converts were known to survive, that’s why Richard happily took the divorce over trying to change his wife, but another wolf is a different story. There would have to be pack hearings, truces, allying and letting an unknown bloodline into a well known one could sometimes end with death. This outcome made Richard’s stomach knot up not only will Tanner learn he is a wolf, but he might have to give his love up.

He sighed “Come on pup it’s time to get up and get ready to go” Richard said leaning down to take one more whiff of his son’s head before kissing it.

Yawning, Tanner says "ok dad “as he snaps awake and stretches his body. He watches his father get up and head to the bathroom.

“Pup while I’m using the bathroom get dressed I should be done by then and you will get you turn”

“Ok dad will do “Tanner says jumping out of the bed and starts putting his clothes on. Right about the time he gets the shirt over his head, he heard his father step out and gives him the go ahead.

“Pup I’m going to go check out while you’re getting ready just meets me at the car” Richard said before heading out to pay the front desk letting them know they were leaving.

Tanner splashed his face with cold water from the sink before drying off with a hand towel, the hotel provided, and dashed out the door just in time to catch his dad as he started the car.

“Perfect timing, like always huh dad?“ Tanner said with a goofy smile before buckling up.

“Yup pup just like usual you always surprise me” Richard started to hope maybe this will be easier then he thought, his son might be starting to remember things, but even so he felt the best time to talk about this was while driving towards the farm so he doesn’t try to run.

Richard was pondering how he could start the conversation off as he started pulling out and driving down the road but his pondering was short lived because his son beat him to the punch line.

“Hey dad what happened last time I was here?” Tanner thought it would be best just to speak up and not beat around the bush about this, he was tired of waiting and wondering.

“Um pup there’s a lot I am about to say to you and it’s all true and I need you to believe me” Richard said nervously knowing it’s the time finally to come clean. He then proceeded to tell the tale of the fateful day.

Tanner was speechless and in shock about everything his father told him, he felt lied to and let down, because he trusted his father with his life, but his story just made the world he lived in seem even scarier. Then he imagined it being true and he could not handle that. How could anyone handle something like this?

“Dad how can you say all this shit to me? Why would you lie? We all know there no such things as werewolves “Tanner could not stop himself from yelling at his dad.

Richard just took all the hateful things his son was yelling his way and blocked them out. He knew it would be hard to believe, but his son would figure the truth out sooner than later. When they got to the farm he was going to have a pack meeting with his son involved hoping that would force him to know it was all true. At least, he told him because in one more day no matter what there would be a full moon and at that time he would do things right by being there with his son on his second transformation. The only words Richard spoke on the rest of the drive home were “I’m sorry son.” Richard himself was raised knowing about his family and about the pack. He never had the luxury of living a normal human life like his son had. He knew it would be hard and he just kept blaming himself for the choices he made.

Well I'm back :)
Copyright © 2012 Deathboi69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..