Jump to content
    Deathboi69
  • Author
  • 2,922 Words
  • 1,401 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rays of the moon - 6. Chapter 6 Chapter 6: Decisions we make and the consequences we take with a smile

Once Richard and Tanner entered the farm house, Tanner took off and locked himself in his room leaving Richard alone. He took this time to call all the pack members to his house for a meeting and mingle telling them all, that he needed their help to make his son understand everything. Richard wished there was another way but it was better just to show him and answer his questions. Richard had never felt alone when he had his son around till today. His big farm house felt like a wasteland with no other trace of life. To him it was a little overwhelming and he could not handle it any longer so he decided to risk everything to get his son to understand he loved him and would never lie to him and that’s what Richard was thinking when he started knocking on Tanners door.

Tanner hated treating his father so badly it was eating him up he knew his father would never lie to him but, werewolves really? He might as well have just said the leprechauns living under his bed whacked him repeatedly with their shillelaghs. Next he will be told vampires are real. Tanner felt stupid for yelling at his dad but his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of knocking on his door.

Sigh “Dad if it’s you just come in its you’re house you know I would never lock the door even if I was mad at you”

Richard opened the door slowly not knowing what he should say or how to fix things that did not need to be fixed. He was telling the facts to his son, the rejection he received at his son’s hands was really hurting him but as he entered the room, his son was the one to take the first steps of fixing things.

“Dad look I’m sorry for yelling I should have never done that…it’s just what you told me was and is a little hard to believe”

Richard was relieved hearing his son apologize for yelling and he could sort of understand a kid raised by a human not being able to wrap their head around the thoughts of werewolves existing, especially since there not so in your face like the wolves from long ago.

“Pup it’s ok I called a meeting for tonight and I hope they can help you understand and show you it’s all true I would never lie to you “

“Ok dad I will try to be open minded about this and maybe they can help me I’m not sure but it could be worse I guess “

Richard left Tanner in his room to go to his study to get official pack paper work done which included bills for land and companies the pack owned or operated, bank accounts, as well as paper work about upcoming births. His mind was going a mile a minute when the first flash and boom sound erupted from the sky.

Sigh “fuck a storm! Just my luck“ Richard said turning his chair out towards the window to watch as the storm progressed. As a small child Richard loved the rain and that love for it carried on to adult hood. He took the time to look over his shoulder and realized the pack would be over soon he needed to start putting out some food.

Tanner left his room to use the bathroom before the first strike of lightning and thunder hit. The sound’s and flashing lights made him feel like he was in a horror movie because his head was filled with thoughts of werewolf’s and vampires and other horrific creatures that could be out there if what his dad said was true. Just thinking about it sent shivers down his spine so he did what he use to do when he was five he went and looked for his daddy.

Richard turned around just as his son was walking into the kitchen. He could see his boy was shivering. It reminded him of the times he was little and would ask his dad to hold him “you ok pup is it cold in here.” Richard pointed at Tanner so he knew he could see him shivering.

“Yea dad I’m ok just seeing if you wanted help”

But Richard tuned out his son and never heard his reply. As he walked to the living room and faced the front door his ears heard panting and someone sloshing in the mud, it could not be any of his guests because they were all rowdy and traveled in pairs. No this was someone uninvited! Richard was on edge as he clinched his jaw and walked to the door just before the first knock landed, Richard swung it opened it to find a boy around Tanners age slumped over, cold wet and shivering.

Richard did not even think and went into action. He pulled the boy inside and dragged him to the bathroom. “Get in the shower warm up and dry off! Towels are in the cabinet then I expect you to go to the living room and tell me, who you are and what is going on.” Richard’s alpha voice demanded before he shut the door and walked off leaving who he did not know at that time was Tanners boyfriend Chance as he went back to the kitchen.

“What’s going on dad?” Tanner asked with concern he had never seen or heard his dad act the way he just did, not once had he ever ignored him or heard him yell like he did out in the hallway.

“I don’t know yet. We will both find out soon enough so come on pup help your father out we need to have everything ready for when the pack arrives”

Tanner just dropped it and helped his dad fill up trays with tons of finger food and snacks and when they both finished they brought it all into the dining room. That’s when Tanner could hear a person shuffling their feet in the nearby living room as well as the sound of the leather couch seat as someone sat down. Tanner could not wait any longer to find out who was out there and was so surprised when he stepped into the living room to find a naked Chance wrapped only in a towel

“CHANCE why are you here?” Tanner yelled before bouncing down on the couch and trying to snuggle him because he could see the bruises on his back.

“I am here to talk to your dad, Tanner and if he allows it maybe crash here. “Chance seemed really down to Tanner but he did not understand at the time what pack rules implied or what his father could do to him for intruding on his territory. He did not know Chance’s actions could mean life or death.

Richard took his time in the dining room listening to the two pups talk, he knew when Tanner screamed out Chance it had to be the one and only. The wolf he was dating which made Richards life get a little easier for him because it was like killing two birds with one stone. Oh how the fates were smiling on him today, because he could not handle breaking his son’s heart by telling him he could never see Chance again. Richard finally realized it was time to walk into the living room and do what had to be done. He hoped Tanner reacted well to Richard playing the part of the alpha, he held to his pack and anyone who knew Richard out of the pack would never think of him the way he portrayed himself with his chest flared out and his jaw clenched as he walked in and let his presence be known.

“Who are you boy and why are you here?“ Richards’s voice filled with bass and power and authority making the young man bring his eyes to the feet of the alpha standing before him.

“I am known as Chance, alpha, and I no longer hold allegiance to my father’s pack, and beg you to let me into your family. If not for me, then for your son.” I know I will be labeled a turncoat and a traitor but the only person I pledge my loyalty is to your son and you if you take me.”

Richard smirked at Chance, this boy was worthy of being with his son. He could tell even though he could smell alpha blood running threw his veins, that he was willing to be subservient and that made Richard pleased.

“Ok Chance I will welcome you in but if you hurt my son or any one in my pack your life will be forfeit.” Richard opened his arms and Chance ran off the couch into the arms of his alpha and his new father.

“So you’re a wolf to when were you going to tell me?” Tanner asked with a little sadness in his voice his inner wolf felt betrayed by the man he loved and trusted.

Chance whimpered hearing the hurt in his mates voice but hoped he would understand why he did not feel it was the time to disclose who and what he was. “Babe I never told you because of your memory loss if you did not remember about us then I was sure you did not remember being a wolf yourself. I did not do it to hurt you and I did not do it to hold secrets from you. Your everything to me I told you I was sorry that day so very sorry for everything but I love you “

Tanner could hear how Chance was feeling by the way his voice was trembling. It softened him on the spot and he felt …no he knew this man he loved would never hurt him. He could tell while Chance was talking he was holding back tears. Seeing this he knew he could not be angry at him, he was right he did say sorry. Tanner just did not know why and now he did but there was still one thing nagging him and that was who dared to lay a hand on his property, his lover his mate, his voiced gained more bass without him realizing. His posture changed to one that could inflict fear and his father noticed the look of a wolf ready to kill, in his sons eyes “Who touched you?“ his voice came out as a snarl and only Chance and Richard realized large lines of foamy drool was seeping out of the corners of his mouth if they did not tread carefully, he could activate his shift which would cause more damage than good when it came to his memory, because only on a full moon can a wolf truly heal.

Chance walked away from Richard and slowly came to Tanners side where he placed his hand on his face and wiped away the drool lovingly hoping he could calm down. He looked at the most beautiful creature he had ever laid his eyes on. Tanner’s eyes held such warm green pyres, with a tint of silver, he felt his need to protect him in those eyes “calm down love I’m fine I will tell you but you must calm down please babe.” Chance whispered over and over like a mantra to sooth Tanners inner monster “I promise babe everything is ok I am here with you and I love you deeply” he could tell his words were helping as he watched his lovers shoulders lose their tension and his breathing slowing down. “That’s it babe calm down sit with me come on.” Chance grabbed Tanners hand and pulled him slowly back on the couch before wrapping his arms around him “you calm now babe.”

Tanner nodded his head slowly before breaking down and crying on Chances shoulder. He scared himself once he realized what was going on. He never felt the need to hurt others yet he had a strong desire to kill who ever hurt the one he loved. It made him feel like he had split personalities and made him feel drained of energy and before he knew it he fell asleep in Chances arms.

Richard was amazed at how well Chance was able to pull his son back to his senses. He could feel the love brimming off of his actions to bring him back, he almost shed a tear once he realized how much love they both had for each other but Richard also felt shaken to his core. He never had seen a wolf at his sons age display such authority so much it had him stuck standing in his place, the raw power that oozed out of his pores was something new for him and it surprised him that Chance was able to move and comfort him his so. That was going to be more then the pack might be ready for. He should have realized this sooner when he found out his sons fur was golden which no wolf has ever laid eyes on before. The normal wolf comes in four color’s; black, brown, white and grey now there may be more than one color on a wolf but no matter what it was those neutral colors. He needed to contact the counsel but he chose to hold off on doing so till his son transformed on the full moon with his pack mates.

Chance groaned softly pulling Richard from his thoughts “is everything ok son” Richard asked not realizing what he called Chance.

“I think I might have some broken ribs but it should heal if I shift so no big deal I have had worse” which in all honesty was true, Chances father was an abusive and compulsive ass who let his anger control his life which if directed at him would be used to beat him.

Richard just nodded and asked “Can you take him to his room it’s the first door on your left when you enter the hallway and then come back and give me a hand and I will look you over ok?”

Chance just complied and carried Tanner off and laid him softly on the bed. Before leaving, he kissed him on the cheek and went back to find Richard.

“You know we have to put some clothes on you right pup?” Richard asked as he realized his new member and guest was still just wrapped in a towel.

“I did not bring any sir after the fight with my father I was too happy when I finally stood up for myself I just left and rushed here “Chance started to feel a little self-conscious about himself for not thinking so far ahead.

“Well let’s go and see if some of my clothes will fit you” Richard said as he placed his hand on Chance’s shoulder making the boy whimper. Richard felt sorry for the boy. How could a man do this to his own son, he guessed the rumors were true about his father.

Richard had Chance lay on his bed and checked him over by running his hands on his ribs and the sides of his body. To Richards relief, Chance was right to think he broke a few ribs, two to be honest, and other than the ribs, it was just bruising on his back and around his neck, one looked like a hand print. From what Richard could tell about the broken ribs is that nothing was punctured because the boy did not have labored breathing which meant his lungs were intact. After finishing up, Richard went to his closet and tossed out a blue shirt with a wolf paw on the back and words under it that said property of alpha and he tossed some blue jeans “I won’t share my underwear with you so you’re going to have to free ball it tonight and if you’re sleeping with my son no sex I don’t need you damaging your ribs more. I’m not asking this last part, it’s a order ok?”

“Yes alpha“ Chance said grabbing the clothes and getting off the bed to put them on. He got the jeans on easily with no issues but the t-shirt was an issue “sir can you help me it hurts a lot to lift my arm’s up?”

Richard just nodded and walked over grabbing the shirt and helped put it on for him. He took a step back once the shirt was on and took an admiring look. His son had good taste when he chose his mate. Richard could feel the strength and power Chance had the potential of owning “I’m glad this happened. Today the packs coming, at any minute, to visit and you saved me from breaking my boys heart by telling him you could not see him anymore because of pack laws.”

Chance not one to care about the laws of the pack just rolled his eyes “it would of never stopped us, our spirits are too intertwined for someone to pull us apart”

Richard could tell the boy was right because of the things that happened today, but he did not know this to be a fact at the time and knew he would have caused his son great pain if he had tried but he did not let the boy know what he was thinking. He was the alpha and he had to play the part, like always.

Copyright © 2012 Deathboi69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..