Jump to content
    dianjin
  • Author
  • 1,465 Words
  • 1,363 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Golden Heart - 1. Chapter 1 - A New Begining

It was snowing in the woods outside Max’s window. He wore a red wool sweater that his aunt had gotten him. It had little reindeers, Christmas trees and so on stitched on it, making it the perfect sweater for the holyday season. It was already dark outside, though it was barely 6 PM. What did you expect so close from the solstice?

A few moths had passed since the incident under the tree, and the start of Max’s healing. They had gone through so much in so little time, and these months had been a golden opportunity to settle down. Max had seen a psychiatrist to help him on his way of recovery from the traumatic events in his childhood. Aaron had even come with him on occasions, and both had learned a great deal from the sessions. Their couple became even stronger, and they had never been so happy before in their lives. Max and his aunt had continued getting closer to each other, and Max had also gotten quite close to Aaron’s mom: Sally. She was like a mother to him, something he had never gotten before.

At school, Max had opened up. His barriers having melted, people could see his golden heart. He was such a kind and lovable person deep down, and some were ashamed of not having seen it before *though it wasn’t their fault). Max and Aaron’s couple were, for a time, the main gossip at school, but seeing how happy they were, and how Ghost was such a nice guy. They let them be, and Max made a couple of new friends. Though nothing compared to what he referred to as his best friends: Alice, Mara, and Chris. They made a tight group of friends, always hanging out together as five, going to movies, going shopping, and just doing what normal teenagers did (something very unusual for Max). Little by little, Max became comfortable with who he was, and he didn’t correct teachers when they called him Max, and not Maximilian.

Max closed his book and got up. His library/room was warm and cozy this time of year, and he enjoyed the wooden cases, they gave an old fashioned yet cozy and simple style that he really appreciated. He put the book down on the stack on his desk, and got his phone out of his pocket.

“We’re on our way, hope we won’t get stuck in the snow!!”

It was a text Aaron had sent him ten minutes ago.

“He should be here by now…” Max thought.

Just as he finished thinking it, he heard the doorbell ring on the other side of his aunt’s big house/mansion. Smiling he rushed through the rooms to the front door, and excitedly opened it. Aaron stood on the other side in his black winter coat, his breath steamed in the chilly air and he had snow in his dark blond hair. Max jumped in his arms and embraced him warmly before turning his head up and giving his boyfriend a loving kiss.

“Max, Aaron I really don’t mind you kissing, but could I please pass first? It’s cold if you hadn’t noticed!!” The plea came from behind Aaron in a voice that Max recognized immediately: Alice.

Max laughed and let go of Aaron to jump in her arms, hugging her fiercely.

“Argh Max! I can’t breathe!” she jokingly said as she mimicked choking.

Aaron took that as his cue to join in on the fun, and took them both in a giant bear hug.

 

Max invited them in and led them to the living room, where a warm fire crackled happily in the fireplace. He let them settle down then went to the kitchen to make sure everything was OK for his Christmas Eve dinner. He made sure the chestnuts were roasting nicely, and the fillets of duck were ready for the grill. His entrée he had made during the afternoon and was in the fridge and desert he had also done in advance. The green beans were boiling, and the potatoes were ready to be mashed. Alice and Aaron entered his domain, and offered their help. Although Max would have preferred to keep his menu a secret, he couldn’t turn down two extra pairs of arms in the kitchen. Aaron mashed the potatoes while Alice finished dressing the table. In the meantime, Max finished preparing the appetizers. He was putting the last one down when the doorbell rang again. He left the kitchen in a hurry, briefly kissing Aaron on the cheek as he passed him, and went to greet his next guests.

Chris and Mara stood side by side, holding hands, under the heavy snow. They had started dating a few weeks ago, and were a cute couple to watch. Just like Aaron and Max, they had balanced each other out. Mara, who had been just as shy as Max, had opened up, while the boisterous Chris had settled down like his cousin. Max hugged the both of them tightly and invited them in. Aaron came to greet his cousin, while Alice and Mara started chatting. Max beamed as all his friends were together in one place. He was truly lucky to have them. He let them drift to the living room while he finished things up in the kitchen. His phone vibrated as he was walking towards the living room.

“We’re almost there Maximilian, can you be a dear and open the garage door for me?”

It was from his aunt, and he ran to the garage to open the door just as two headlights appeared in the curve of the driveway. Aaron, knowing who had heard Max running towards the garage had joined Max.

“Evening boys,” said Elizabeth as she got out of the car.

“Hi Mrs. Campbell!”

“Oh good thing you’re here Aaron, we need some help with the stuff in the trunk.”

“Hi Max!” called Sally as she herself also got out.

“Hello Sally,” Max called back.

He gave her a hug as he passed her to help Aaron with the mysterious ‘stuff’ in the trunk of the car. Big bags were lined up, filled with wrapped presents. The boys got them out and followed Elizabeth to the sitting room where they had set up the Christmas tree. They let the two ladies organize the presents as they saw fit, and joined their friends.

Alice was, as usual, chatting for everyone, and Chris and Mara cuddled on the sofa listening to her. Aaron sat down, and Max sat next to him, melting in his boyfriend’s arms, trying to find the position he loved: deeply nestled in Aaron’s arms, with his head on Aaron’s chest. Soon after, Elizabeth and Sally joined them, though they stayed more on one side of the room to not disturb the teens too much. Much to his regret his phone vibrated to indicate that the appetizers were ready in the oven, and he had to leave the warm embrace of his lover. Mara joined him in the kitchen to help him bring everything at once, drinks included (sodas for them, and champagne for the two adults).

When every platter had been emptied, Max retreated to the kitchen with his aunt to serve the entrée: “filet de saumon fumé, crème fraiche et toast.” While simple in composition, he gave great care to the presentation. Their guests and migrated to the dinner table, and the patiently waited for the start of a wonderful dinner.

They took their time to make their way through the entire course, though Max had to excuse himself to do all the last minute cooking.

After desert, they went back to finish the evening with a cup of tea in the living room. It was nearing midnight when some showed signs of fatigue. Max, having planned everything, led them all to their rooms. Alice got the lavender room on the second floor with view on the front yard. Chris and Mara got the white room on the other side of the hall (this one had a queen size bed). Sally slept in the bedroom on the first floor. Her room was simple, but had one of the best views, as it faced the forest directly. Aaron and Max retreated to their own room and Elizabeth to hers.

“Tonight was wonderful Love,” Aaron told Max as they were getting ready for bed.

Max was gazing out of the window.

“Really you liked it?” he asked without turning.

“It was the best,” answered Aaron coming up behind him.

Aaron got his arms around Max and spun him around to kiss him. Clothes quickly came off, and soon they were making out naked on Max’s bed.

“So, do you want your present now or later?” Max asked seductively.

Hope you enjoyed this first chapter of the continuation of Frozen Heart!!

Please leave a review if you feel like it to tell me how you thought the chapter was!

As always have a wonderful day and see you all tomorrow!
Copyright © 2015 dianjin; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

This was a great first chapter. Max is getting the therapy he needed so badly and is a part of a tightly knit group of friends. I'm glad to see more of Max's story revealed. You had me worried there for an hour or so when Frozen Heart was listed as completed. :)

Link to comment

Max is healing very well emotionally. I'm so glad he's seeing a psychiatrist.

 

I enjoyed this first chapter. Max has come a very long way since the beginning of Frozen Heart. :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..