Jump to content
    Douw
  • Author
  • 826 Words
  • 1,599 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Holding Hands - 1. Chapter 1

Let me know what you think!

With a huff I sit down in the seat that is way too small for a guy like me. How they expect me to squeeze into that I have no idea, if I'm lucky the seat next to me will be empty, but knowing my luck, the biggest prick on the planet will sit next to me taking the whole arm rest for himself, and snore all the way to the USA.

Irrational? Maybe. No amount of rational thinking will change my mind, in itself an indication of my mood. My arms firmly planted on the arm rest, back strait, giving me the ruler-up-the-ass scowl of a proud headmistress my blue eyes ready for a fight as I sit in the aisle seat ready to defend my position.

A long queue of nervous passengers jerk towards their seats. The overhead bins are stuffed to capacity. I fasten up, lean back and close my eyes thinking that no one is going to sit in my seats. Fate laughs at he who is naïve. Me. The last person on the plane has to stop next to my seat. I look up a as he stammers, ‘I think I'm in here...’

Catching a glimpse of his ticket I notice he should be in the seat across the aisle right next to the mom and angelically quite baby soon to turn into a little monster.

Scowl. I'm tired and in no mood for people. All I want to do is sleep. I push out a stubble chin, my eyes narrow, there is an argument forming on my lips. My eyes meet his. What I wanted to say is lost in his steel grey eyes. Dirty blond hair pinned behind his ears. A diamond stud in his right earlobe. My arrogance fades . With an audible gulp I quickly smile and relinquish my seat.

‘Go ahead, ’

I’m cringing at my own lame answer. Mentally cursing myself for thinking with my little head.

He moves to the end of the seats and leans over, pushes his back pack under the seat. My gaze moves to something much more interesting; my eyes lock onto his butt and my mind turns to all kinds of seriously sensual ideas. I’m grinning from ear to ear, that is, until he waves his hand slowly in my line of site trying to get my attention!

My cheeks are burning. Is that water dropping down my forehead? I was so entranced by the perfection and roundness of his cheeks I didn’t notice him sit down.

I can't bear to look up knowing that I have officially made a fool of myself.

... Ding dong...

Saved.

“Ladies and gentlemen the captain has turned on the fasten seat belt sign if we can have your attention pleas we will give you a small presentation on all safety features...”

Finally, I glance at the muscled stud sitting in the seat next to mine and realize he is looking at me. A huge smile plastered on his face. Gray eyes shining. I offer him a small smile. And then the ass- hole laughs. Blushing even brighter it feels like I'm going to bleed, but his voice is like music when he finally notices my discomfort.

‘Umm... Hi my name is Brian,’ he says with a smile on his face.

‘I'm Philipe.’ I manage incomplete smile. So, where are you headed?’ I say, trying to talk my way out of the discomfort. Sometimes I wonder if the galaxy is out to get me.

A grumpy flight attendant hisses at me. ‘Sir, please fasten your seat belt, we’re about to take off!’

Brian snickers, ‘They’re all ways grumpy this late at night. Don't pay too much attention to them.’

‘She’s a bitch. Probably has crabs.’ I’m thinking it would be a good joke. I was wrong.

‘She is my mom...’ he says. For a moment I think he is joking and I crack up laughing. But I’m the only one laughing. I shut my mouth and stare at him. His jaw twitches. I cringe and look away. This is going to be the worst flight ever. I’ve just made the biggest ass of myself possible.

Until he cracks up and laughs from his belly. A deep beautiful sound.

‘Ass hole.’ I mutter, sending him into more fitful laughter. This is definitely not going to be a bad flight. I might even enjoy it.

‘So, do you have a girl at home?’ He asks.

‘Nope. I just got out of a bad relationship.’ I say, diverting my eyes.

‘What happened?’

‘Cheated on me.’ I stare at him to gauge his response.

‘That must have hurt. Man or woman?’

‘Err…man.’ I stutter, trying not to look amazed by the lack of negative reaction.

The engines roar. Suddenly Brian latches onto my hand firmly planted on the arm rest. I want to pull away but his grip is tight.

‘Sorry. I'm afraid of flying,’ he whispers, but the redness in his cheeks tells me a different story.

‘That's ok. You can hold my hand as much as you want. ‘I smile as I turn my hand up to hold his.

 

END

Pleas review and let me know what you think;~}
Copyright © 2011 Douw; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

It is very sweet. I like the attitude change in your main character. The flow could use a little work but I like the shifting emotions you have throughout the story within your main character. It made the progression work since the story was so very short.

Link to comment
On 03/08/2011 04:04 AM, Cia said:
It is very sweet. I like the attitude change in your main character. The flow could use a little work but I like the shifting emotions you have throughout the story within your main character. It made the progression work since the story was so very short.
lol yes it is weary short as i was righting it on the way home from the states on my iPod lol but will work on the flow of my stories thanks for the tip and reweave;~}
Link to comment
On 03/08/2011 12:52 AM, Frostina said:
Awwwww... :D :D :D it is soooo ssooooooo Sweet! :D :D :D
Hehehe thanks Frosty ;~}
Link to comment

You know, I disagree with Cia; I liked the flow. It can be difficult to create a character who is easy to relate to so quickly and you really pulled it off here in just a few lines.

 

 

Link to comment
On 03/29/2011 03:51 AM, AntonEckhoff said:
You know, I disagree with Cia; I liked the flow. It can be difficult to create a character who is easy to relate to so quickly and you really pulled it off here in just a few lines.

 

Well thank you the review is much appreciated;~}
Link to comment

I just want an answer as to where they are going? Somewhere in the U.S.A. geographically, but will they make it a personal journey as well? So many possibilities.

 

Also some interesting homophone spelling replacements: Strait for straight; site for sight; pleas for please.

Link to comment

I really liked this story, and it may have something to do with a recent flight I took, regardless the nature of the story itself needed things to happen very quickly, and this is not easy to pull off. I think you did a great job! Thanks for the read. Pink.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..